should they make another nightmare on elm. st movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wishmaster
im a big fan of the nightmare on el movies and i was wondreing jason has had his time well like (10 times) and freddy (8) i thinkt hey should actually continue the nightmare what u think

Cinemaddiction
No.

Azrael01
sure y not evil face

Norma Jean

nancy_englund
zorro <-- that guy is cool, no holds bar!
okay, "nightmear on elm st.".. yes, they certinally should, but not a freddy vs. some loser; the movie should be "nightmear on elm st. pat 6." ignoring the "new nightmear", and said movie.
i really wish they would. it could go either way, like they could bring alice back, unable to see freddy herself having made it to her adult years, helping her teenage son deal with and rid himself, and other teens from the nightearms thus offing freddy for another semi generation.
OR, they could go along with the "new nightmear" and have local teen seek out heather for advice on how to kill freddy. not only will it bring hearther (can't recall her name) back into action (and lets face it she was the most beloved herion to date), but it would also give freddy the the ability to go to LA., which could only aid in the lovable pop culture humor that freddy has.
maybe they could throw in a thing like "scream 3" who knows.
i hope they do.
OR could go along with "freddy vs. jason" and ****ing sew his head onto jason's back or somthing ... i don't ****ing care i don't like the idea of this anyhow.
over and out

Cinemaddiction
Perhaps because they get progressively worse? Freddy's dead, he's died, what twice now? If you have "F vs J" run parallel with the NOES franchise, then it's going to literally **** everything up, and nobody wants that.

NOES is one of the few franchises that can die with some dignity. Let it be.

SlipknoT

dean7879
no more nightmare films

BlackC@t
I'd like it if they made a new nightmare movie set between Freddy vs Jason and Freddy vs Jason 2.

Cinemaddiction
NOES & FVJ's chronology is all buggered up as it is. no

Wolfie
I'm not opposed to another FvJ but I think they ended the ANOES series fine as it is.

Azrael01
I think they ended the series good but I also like freddy kruger a lot so I want to see him aka Robert Englund in more movies after FVJ 2. Hell I Like Freddy so much he was my 4th tattoo jasons next evil face

TedO
The best way to ruin a great character is to keep bringing him back after his time.

Two words: Jason X

WhoKnows?
hell yeah!

Evil Dead
not only should they not make another NOES movie.......they shouldn't have made the last 5 they did.

dean7879
i woudnt go that far
they were cool movies

eggmayo
They shoulda stopped at ANOES 2 IMO.

dean7879
1, and 3 were the bes

2 was pretty good too

Snipes
if they were to make another NOES movie, i think it would be a prequel, even though the events leading up to NOES were covered in FVJ.

but i will still watch it even if it does sound bad, because the NOES movies have always been amusing to watch.

WhoKnows?
i like your the shining pics.

nancy_englund
okay. 1 and 3 are my fav's.
and i think that they should make another movie. ive said that.
some good robert englund movies...
"python" and "urban legonds"
they are good.
robert englund is a cool guy, but if he isn't playing freddy his characters are mostly the same.
over.

Napalm
Hell no they shouldnt

nancy_englund
i beg to differ.
freddy is an increadible character.
ver good idea behind that one. wes really did a good job!
why is it you think otherwise??
over.

eggmayo
No offense... ANOES 1 was the good one... 3 sucked ass. Urbans Legend sucked major ass.

Miss_Faye
good god no....the movie is already finished done...making another one will just kill it even more!

nancy_englund
okay, i don't know what ANOES means... and i think yer mistaken, but to each his (HER) own
over.

eggmayo
ANOES - A nightmare on elm street

Wolfie
Nancy Englund, we all agree that Freddy is cool. He's great. They really should end it at a high note though. Dragging it on until the series is dead is not a good idea.

By the way, I only saw Urban Legend once, did Robert Englund have a big part in that? I thought he was only in a scene or two.

nancy_englund
oh i get it. ANOES. duh....
urban legonds all be it not the best movie but a good idea. robert englund plays a prof in the posh school that the noxemia girl goes to and kills at. he is in a few secnes but not many, he does die in it. but i don't even think you see the death. altho, his character plays in intercate role in the past mass murder at the university and brings another story line to the movie.
python, i really liked. it sucks but for some reasion i liked it. bad effects, poor acting makes for a good watch.
over

Azrael01
What did everyone think of his directorial debut with 976-EVIL I liked it but I wouldn't go so far as to say it is a good movie.
Also I liked all the NOES movies but the first and last the best the others are pretty cheesy but classic none the less.

nancy_englund
they can drag it on as long as ppl like me will watch it. .. look at the 'bond' movies and they are lucrative.
i don't know. im sick of defending the movies, i just think that they rock.
over.

Azrael01
me too rock

Evil Dead
A Nightmare on Elm Street was a great, original idea. It's probably the best plot Wes Craven has ever put to script. A dream stalker without fear or mercy who cannot be stopped....terrorizing the most vulnerable of people, kids. I think it's one of the best horror flicks of the eighties....and probably the best slasher flick of all time.

A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 wasn't as good but was still a great horror flick. They changed it up alot, having Freddy possess Jessie to kill.....which differentiated it from the first movie. They did not simply apply the same formula from the first movie to make a carbon copy sequel lacking creativity or plot. They did not take the cheap way out which would have resulted in a cheap schlock sequel the horror industry is notorious for. A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 was it's own movie.....you could watch, enjoy and understand all the events and plot of the movie without ever having seen the first one. It was a stand alone movie.

A Nightmare on Elm Street 3-6 .........here's where the trouble began. No longer is our beloved Freddy Krueger a horrible child killing maniac without mercy or fear......he now enjoys putting on a comedic show. We get one liners......jokes.......and even funny deaths. Dream Warriors introduced the plot device that they copied for the rest of the films that killed the series.......and that plot device was ironic deaths. The guy who makes marionettes get's turned into a marionette himself to be killed. The girl who watches too much tv and wants to be an actress herself gets killed by a tv. This carries on through the rest of the series......showing no creativity, no innovation, no attention to plot....just no attention to anything. These movies were all cliche horror shclock sequels made to cash in on the fame of the name Freddy Krueger. The original Freddy Krueger, the dark maniacal madman killing machine from the first two flicks never makes an appearance in any of these films. Instead we're treated to a prankster who's going to kill Carlos with a hearing aid making his hearing super sensative because he's deaf......or kill Rick in a kung-fu fight in a dojo because Rick likes martial arts. Somehow I don't think the original movie would have been the same if Nancy watched soap operas so Freddy pulls her into the tv and kills her in a soap opera.

New Nightmare.........too little too late. Series was over. Nobody cared. It was a great attempt by Craven to salvage his creation from the destruction of New Line, alas the challange was unsurmountable. It was the only innovative film in the series other than part 2........but the only innovation Craven could come up with to use that dark character from the first and second movie was to put him in the real world, outside the realm of those 3 cheesy sequels New Line used to kill him......which didn't really work.

wishmaster
i see that my post is getting big its amazing Happy Dance

ashtonsNO1fan
ITS SO OBVIOUS THEY'RE GONNA MAKE ANOTHER ONE I MEAN DID U C THE ENDING OF FREDDY VS. JASON THEY MIGHT EVEN MAKE A FREDDY VS. JASON 2 BUT I DON'T THINK IT'LL WORK COZ IF THEY DIDN'T KILL EACHOTHER IN THAT ONE THEN THEY'RE NEVER GONNA KILL EACHOTHER. THEY MIGHT EVEN DO SUMMIT LIKE FREDDY AND MICHAEL MYERS VS. JASON AND SCREAM MAN NEXT NOWIN THEM. THOUGH IT WOULD MAKE A GUD COMEDY

Evil Dead
MUST YOU TYPE IN ALL CAPS LIKE A ****ING ****?

FEDFAN316
they should make another one...its freddy!!!!he cant die and go to hell...make it that he escaped and is after his daughter to kill her...that would be awesome

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.