"Boogeyman" Discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
Boys, avoid "Boogeyman" at all costs. It's basically "Darkness Falls" all over again. Barry Watson is a pretty damn good actor, save "Sorority Boys" which I refuse to see.

This one was a mammoth, contrived mess. Having 4 mall-core, emo kids 4 rows down from me, laughing the entire times, as it was merited, didn't really help me try to enjoy the retinal torture that was this movie. There were an overabundance of jump scares, "Saw" like creepy imagery, flashy images, the ever present seizure cam, and of course absolutely PATHETIC CGI for this "boogeyman".

Not only that, but they managed to incorperated some oddball, unexplained time travel into the movie, in addition to some disposable characters that only acted as plot devices, and then were conveniently disposed of.

Like I said, messy ****ing movie. I'll write a review if you guys just wanna see ol' Cine hammer the shit out of this movie for fun, lol. Otherwise, it's not even worthy of the time it took me to type out these 4 paragraphs.

Solo
I'd just like to say, that I saw this coming.

BackFire
I saw it, I enjoyed it, won't ever watch it again.

Kept me entertained, and there was no stupid "surprise" ending for it to lean on, which is a plus in my book.

ScArYmOvIeLoVer
I enjoyed this movie VERY much. I went with some of my friends to see it, and we screamed all throughout the movie! I have to say, Barry Watson was pretty hot too! I will DEFINENTLY (sorry i am tired so i probably spelled that wrong) buy this movie when it comes out! smile

Wolfie
Time travel??? laughing out loud

I'll have to see this.

slayer
Me too lol.

It's not out over here until the 1st week of May.

Cinemaddiction
Yeah! It was totally out of left field! Barry Watson's character is in one place, walks through a door, and is another place at a different time, and they never explain why or how it happened.

In addition, there's a young girl who Barry's character sees who had been "missing" for 19 years. No explanation as to why he can see her, where she came from, nothing.

Like I said, some real disposable plot devices.

BlackC@t
Apparently Barry Watson is trying to convince Sam (Raimi? not too sure) to film 'Boogeyman 2' in New Zealand. Where I live!

Cinemaddiction
A SEQUEL!? There's no reason for a sequel!?! He KILLED the bastard in the end of the movie!?!

This is ridiculous.........

BlackC@t
I'd rather not read that spoiler, I haven't seen the movie yet and I do plan on seeing it.

eggmayo
I think I'll download it or lend it of some unfortunate sucker.

SlipknoT
Didnt plan on seeing it and this just re inforces my decision.

Wolfie
I'm sorry, I know you're trying to convince us not to bother with this but this is just making me wanna see it more. laughing out loud It sounds very funny.

As for the things coming out of left field... eh... it's the Boogeyman, he can do anything, right? As a kid, I never had a clear understanding of what he is so I figured he was anything your imagination can make him.

Zilverz
i think the movie was going good but then they just ended it .. crappy ending imo

billy madison
you need to see the movie boogeyman its kind of scary,it has its times that make it a very good movie, but the ending sucks realy bad i mean its like one of the worst endings ever,i would have to say that its right next to the ending of the village.
the boogeyman has a very good plot i mean i would give it a 7/10

forumcrew
how can it have a very good plot and the worst ending ever and only be kind of scary and still everyone needs to see it? i dont see what made it a 7 of 10 for you.
I thought this movie was absolute waste of film. Everytime they had a chance to really make people jump they screwed it up because they telegraphed each one. They even tried the scary child trick which is getting very overused now. The CGI of the boogeyman was garbage. id say maybe a 3/10 because Tim Jensen did a good job acting in this mess of a film

The Tired Hiker
Boogeyman sucked, sorry. The only scary parts were merely loud jolting noises fused with quick flash editing. erm Very lame.

The Tired Hiker
I thought this movie sucked super bad. It uses 'lame scare tactics'. That is when, suddenly it gets real quiet, then THE PHONE RINGS!!!! Or, A CAT JUMPS OUT FROM BEHIND THE COUNTER!!!!!! I don't think that actually happened in this film, but you know what I mean. Suddenly they cut to some close up of a madman's face and the music volume amplifies by ten times. I hate that. erm

forumcrew
yea like one of the thousand of door slams.. they really had something against doors in this movie

The Tired Hiker
Yeah, what did a door ever do to anyone, y'know? erm

wishmaster
i saw that movie last saturday and i was the only person in my school that injoyed it and i hope they make a sequil well u can all laugh at me and say it sucked well gusse what it was better than hide and seek

Norma Jean
Boggyman?

Cinemaddiction
Haha, he's closely related to "Swamp Thing", I assume? laughing out loud

As for a "Boogeyman" sequel, it's happening apparently, even though it wouldn't make sense after the movies ending.

Norma Jean
"Haha, he's closely related to "Swamp Thing", I assume?"

laughing Apparently.

WhoKnows?
i looked at the website. they say that the boogie man was real...
i never really thought it was scary, and i still dont. movies dont get me, its nightmares.

jnolan
im sorry, usually i love all horror regardless of stupidity level but this one takes the cake, no organized plot of any kind, no explanation of anything ugly unknown actresses for the female parts of the film, and just an all around suckfest, one of the few movies i wanted to walk out of.

wishmaster
i liked it it had a nightmare on elm st theme to it i really liked it i just did not like that ending comon u cant kill the boggyman he is ur fear man cmon

Thoma5
lol

solobaby
nitemare on elm st is good and boggyman is sucks?
jeez, just wondering how old r u? u scared of that stupid movie? those were the worst horror movie i ever seen~!

and the thing is, if u dot like the movie,ok,hold it.thats ur opinoin.becoz,u dot like it doesnt means other ppl dot like it.

wazz
Boogeman was wank. don't waste yo money

papabeard
Awful film just awful, lacking atmosphere, a coherent story and characters you care about. Not to mention the vile CGI, this is mainstream horror at its worst.

cocacolapepsi
BOOGEYMAN WAS THE WORST MOVIE I'VE SEEN IN MY LIFE!! THE ENDING SUCKED AND NOTHING ABOUT IT WAS SCARY!! I CAN NOT BELIEVE HUMANS ACTUALLY LIKED IT!! i mean i get scared very easily and i wasn't scared in the least bit.

jlee17xoxo412
was it that bad. i mean i never saw it and was thinking about getting the DVD

Evil Dead
yes.........THAT bad..........

Cinemaddiction
Yeah, that guy from 7th Heaven is a straight up *****.

jlee17xoxo412
lol....well i guess i won't get the DVD then if it's just a waist of money

doomsday49
does anybody else notice all the gay innuendos in this movie? From the monster coming out of the closet to the rainbow sticker on the car, i really think this movie is a study on society's view of the homos. Why are they always looked at as weird or strange or scary. Damn it people, when are we gonna wake up and smell the java brewing in the pot in the kitchen that we brewed last night. You people disgust me. Your hatred of this movie is the equivilant of turning your back on society's issue. Let's face our fears shall we..............Man this is one of the worst movie i have ever seen in my life. mad

papabeard
This film sucks a$$.

Mall-Horror Penile Discharge.

boon23
The CBB group has released on bittorrent a fanmade edition of boogeyman, just because the movie could have been a nice classic "door opening" horror movie, but turned out to be a cgi effects orgy with stolen ideas from plenty of horror movies, a stupid and illogical plot and some awful acting. The edited edition, which is called "DOOMED BY THE BOOGEYMAN" takes many scenes out of the movie, implements several deleted scenes (e.G.the dead cat scene) and presents an all new ending. this time you wil be afraid ;-)
68 min, NTSC, completely overworked edition by the CBB group 2005.

This is the 5th edition from the CBB group. These were the others:
1. Hannibal - Hannibalized edition
2. Star Trek - Kirkless Generations
3. The Matrix - Dezionized
4. 27 Days Later

All the editions are available fro free. Don't buy them.

Cringe
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Boys, avoid "Boogeyman" at all costs. It's basically "Darkness Falls" all over again. Barry Watson is a pretty damn good actor, save "Sorority Boys" which I refuse to see.

This one was a mammoth, contrived mess. Having 4 mall-core, emo kids 4 rows down from me, laughing the entire times, as it was merited, didn't really help me try to enjoy the retinal torture that was this movie. There were an overabundance of jump scares, "Saw" like creepy imagery, flashy images, the ever present seizure cam, and of course absolutely PATHETIC CGI for this "boogeyman".

Not only that, but they managed to incorperated some oddball, unexplained time travel into the movie, in addition to some disposable characters that only acted as plot devices, and then were conveniently disposed of.

Like I said, messy ****ing movie. I'll write a review if you guys just wanna see ol' Cine hammer the shit out of this movie for fun, lol. Otherwise, it's not even worthy of the time it took me to type out these 4 paragraphs.

Nicely put.I despise this film with a vengence.Good thing I didnt have to pay for it but got it with a raincheck smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.