Pentagon Prepares To Build $130bn Robot Army

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dean7879

HJ4CW
wow

debbiejo
Robots??? I thought Llamas were strange.. alien

smoker4
Welcome to robot wars

PVS
yeah, but dont worry, the victims will still be human.

smoker4
Finkelstein! hmmm now what does that sound similar to whistle

ARC Trooper 117
laughing
Robots.....

barbarossa
Wow, the beginning of the Terminator Story!

smoker4
Shit!

skynet

http://www.vtr1000.co.uk/b3ta/terminator.gif

ARC Trooper 117
*Da da da da dum...po chch....* = Terminator Music.....stick out tongue
So who'll be John Connor? eek!

dean7879
whus the marra!!?

SaTsuJiN
yeah then in another 10 years we'll have jedi knights and storm troopers.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

dean7879
i woudnt go that far
robots will probably play an important role in future wars

RaventheOnly
if congress wouldn't fund a laser based weapon system (already in the inventory in industrial sized form) there is no way they would spend 130 billion on robots stick out tongue

KidRock
The U.S is creating robots to replace soldiers so the soldiers wont be the wons to die and helping lower civilian deaths by giving soldiers more time to see what they are shooting at.

How the hell are the victims still humans? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Imperial_Samura
This is nothing really new, the TALON has been in action for some time, so its not surprising that the military thinks they can get a bit more from it by making a more combat capable version, as reported here...

http://www.defenselink.mil/transformation/articles/200412/ta120604c.html

Below, a pic of the soldiers of the future.... maybe. Not much to look at really, some way to go before we get nice looking Terminator types.

Tptmanno1
Thats F*cking scary.
because if you think about it, It the cost of human life (On our side of course, thats the only type of casualty that matters......) was completly eradicated, what would stop the government from continiously going to war? The possibility of and advanced 1984-like future would become a shockingly close and fathomable reality...

eleveninches
When do you think they'll start to use cloning/genetic engineering technology to make loads of super soldiers?

Jackie Malfoy
robot
Robots would be cool.I thought they would make some for the future.Just as long as it does not take over the world then it is fine with me! wink

eleveninches
Amrica already have taken over the world

finti
Robots huh?, I really hope it doesnt start to rain then, rusty pieces of crap

Napalm
Cool we can kill terrorist with out any cost of our lives

KharmaDog
I doubt the robots will move stealthy and fast enough to track down terrorsists

eleveninches
I hope that another country makes loads of clones for their military, then there would be clone troops v battle droids

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.