Is Love or sex more important to you?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

peterKSL
What do you people think?

Love or sex?

I vote for love...

HJ4CW
love and truth

Spooony
Both are an imprtant factor of a succesful reletionship so probably i would have to say both

debbiejo
One great big vote for LOVE!!!!

dave123
well i guess sex you can get from anyone, but love is kinda limited.... so love wins

wishmaster
ok spiderman sex is the way to go

smoker4
LOVE with some cheeky sex too please love

ARC Trooper 117
Well....Love, I suppose....
But then again, usually, (as Spooony said), they are both integral pieces of a healthy relationship....

chelsea17
Love is more important to me, I think. It's not all about sex...but that's my opinion

peterKSL
althought I say I vote for love, but wishmaster said "spiderman sex" sounds cool to me.. thumbsup

But I still vote for love!!

peterKSL
I believe love you can get from anyone too... if you know how to.. wink

smoker4
Erm no! Unfortunately not sad

peterKSL
Erm yes! Fortunately yes smile

shellie
well you can have sex without love, but to have love without sex? how is this possible?messed sex is the ultimate expression of our love. SO it depends I guess on what you are looking for, sex with no strings attatched, or a healthy loving relationship where you have both.

Cosmic_Beings
Sex

ARC Trooper 117
I'm open to both of those, shellie. wink stick out tongue

SaTsuJiN
Hmm.. I think there must be a balance between the two

for me personally though, I prefer friendship over both sex and love.. the latter 2 are annoying to me

SlipknoT
Sex

debbiejo
Old people don't have sex and they love roll eyes (sarcastic)

shellie
you would think so...or thats what you'd like to think.

SlipknoT
sick

carnival_junkie
love. definately love.

you can get sex from anyone.
but love, it's not so easy.

gls
love is so important, sex is nice though :P but love is more important to me and it comes first.

vaya_the_elf
No doubt in my mind ... Love

Sex is good, but I think you should only share it with someone you love. Makes it more special

Ironman
well to me sex is sex and its good reeeeeal good but love is crap hearts been broken love to me is like eating pudding it only last for two seconds i only love one and thats my mom

vaya_the_elf
Thats sad to hear Ironman... I've had my heart broken but I would do it again, and again because I at least had love for a little bit

peterKSL
That is why there is a difference between just sex and making love.... wink

peterKSL
Learn to get through it, and you'll survive...

WhoKnows?
sex should be only after marrige in my opinion. so of course love...if i ever have love...

Clovie
love. it is what you are looking for.
sex is just mechanical.
though it can be the acompishement (word?) of love.

Storm
Love.

Jackie Malfoy
I wonder what bought this up?innocent

Dexx
this is the biggest crap i've ever heard stick out tongue.....

WhoKnows?
mad

Clovie
actually...consider what have been said..
it means you gonna marry guy who you don't love, and just get to love him after marriage? huh
we don't live in mediaeval anymore (sp)

Jackie Malfoy
Love.If it is only for sex then you are just useing that person as a hooker.While you are at it you might as well pay her!JM

WhoKnows?
thats not what i said. i mean that love comes first then, then we should get married and then thats when sex comes. too many young teen pregnancies in the world.

Jackie Malfoy
Yea my mom and dad are one of them!^ sad

WhoKnows?
exhibit A

Dexx
this is the second biggest crap i've ever heard stick out tongue

why do you rule sex out of the development of love?
why should you end up being married to someone with which your sex life is awful, you find out.....just....a bit too late..oh well...c'est la vie.
and unwanted pregnancies can be avoided by less drastic means than..not actually having sex. wink

there are actually few people left in the world that think like you do mate...you're a rare specimen

and i've only just seen that you're actually 14.....i take that back stick out tongue
all you need is some..growing up

vaya_the_elf
If you really love the person waiting is no big deal

Alice_In_Chains
Love is so much more important.

peterKSL
There you go... the answer is there..

debbiejo
Good....That's how you know someone really loves you...They'll wait until after marriage.

vaya_the_elf
What if you did have kids, and you were not married. That would be very hard.

It's better to wait. More reward, and also less worrying

furryman
love
though it hurts more when its over

big gay kirk
It depends what you're after... sometimes a loving relationship is what you desire... sometimes a quick**** is more appealing...

WhoKnows?
condems dont always work. they can break, and only work most of the time. sex is only used for the making of children, not for enjoyment.

shellie
confused im done making children, should i stop having sex ?

WhoKnows?
roll eyes (sarcastic) mad

shellie
what ? im asking cuz you said sex is for making children not for enjoyment, well if one is done making children should they not have sex anymore?

WhoKnows?
?

Clovie
yes shellie
you should never ever have sex again
you have children so you should spend all your time on taking care of them (and also of their father). cooking, cleaning, washing etc.
it is insane. messed

blink i would sooner kill myself.

WhoKnows?
the ultimate problem with sex: children

lil bitchiness
Both are sort of important - but I guess love more so. Meaningless sex, although no strings attached and is fun, doesnt compare to the sex you have with someone you love.

shellie
laughing out loud reading this made me laugh out loud sweetie

lil bitchiness
Of course not!

My husband should know that i dont cook for him, clean for him, and i don't put icky things in my mouth flirt1

furryman
yeah it's just physical pleasure, we all need it

can I not go on a roller coaster to get an adrenaline rush, unless I am married to the theme park owner?
(okay really bad analogy)

shellie
damn right i wont give up sex after having all my monsters! its to much fun droolio

and for those who worry about conceiving children as a result to having sex, well there are other ways to get around that as well flirt1

peterKSL
Horny Bastards!!! lol

shellie
Im no Bastard! stick out tongue

peterKSL
u are not a bastard, but a HORNY BASTARD!!! stick out tongue

lil bitchiness
nono easy on the name calling

shellie
indeed, no matter who you are you will have sex for the pure physical pleasure of it

wink bad with style

peterKSL
Sorry embarrasment

There is something I don't understand though lil,
Why would your nick name be allowed in any case? It's foul language...

shellie
bitchiness is not foul language, its a state of being erm

peterKSL
ok... If I were to create another name, I can create lil bastardness?

Dexx
laughing out loud....we'll talk again in a few years

Clovie
that was my aim young lady lady

ragesRemorse
Ima bettin if your not a wantin to have some sex with another person...thens yours not gonna love that person either. sex is nothing more than an expression of love. Is it? or is sex just a greedy sin called lust?

Capt_Fantastic
Sex is great. I love sex. But sex with someone you love is better than a drunken encounter in a dark hotel room after a night at the club.

debbiejo
The Aids virus can go through condoms because the virus is smaller than the molecules of the condom, So I would think twice...Most people don't even know they have a STD and pass it along. reading

shellie
blink

Corran
Your husband! I thought you were single?

Clovie
i heard so confused

lil bitchiness
So much you dont know about me diva

But I sure as hell dont have husband. stick out tongue

Dexx
that is complete bullsh!t wink

WindDancer
In my world both sex and love can't exist without the other. So for me is both. wink

furryman
another form of love, granted, but do you have sex with all your friends and family? stick out tongue

debbiejo
I'ts true!!!! I've seen the studies.

big gay kirk
And I hope you didn't (dare I say it!!) ENJOY yourself while making those monsters!!!! mad wink

big gay kirk
Oh, and by the way... if any ladies out there (aged between 18 and 55) want to see whether or not it is enjoyable, pm me..... PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Darth_Lucifer
The best thingis a bit of both, but at the end of the day...sex with the person yu love will be the bestbig grin

Pyro GOI
Love...

shellie
roll eyes (sarcastic) why would i do that ?

Dexx
oh please...
it's absurd...there is no case of someone getting sick without the condom actually breaking. a condom is air tight (ever tried inflating one? wink ) => if it can hold gas molecules, it sure in hell can hold a virus.

eggmayo
How about both?

a1hsauce
id have to say love, sex is awesome too, but theres just a high that you feel when ur in love that sex cant really top. true love means you can go without sex and still be happy

Darth_Lucifer
Yeah i agree with you, both is bestbig grin

OB1-adobe
Still looking for both

A4E
sex erm

debbiejo
I said the Aids virus..

Capt_Fantastic
Gonna have to agree with you on that one...

debbiejo
The blind leading the blind..

Wear 2 condoms then.

Afro Cheese
Sex is easily more important.. it's damn near a basic physical need. Don't know if I can say it IS a need because you can survive without it but it's pretty close. Love is more significant, and much harder to obtain. It's more valuable, and people appreciate it a lot more, but it isn't necessary. Don't get me wrong, it's really important, just not of the same importance as sex. A lot of people do need love to feel emotionally healthy though.

a1hsauce
have you ever heard of someone dying because of not having sex, no. have you heard of a couple who one of them dies and shortly thereafter the other dies as well..yes, thats called a broken heart, love is a necessity and i stick by that

Afro Cheese
That's a good point, but that wouldn't be dieing of a lack of love. That would be dieing BECAUSE of the love they had for the other person, not because they didn't have love. If they didn't have love for that person they wouldn't have died, so really you could conclude that their love killed them. People don't just drop dead out of not having either sex or love, but to me sex is a necessity to live a physically healthy life. That's just me though.

a1hsauce
okay but on the flip side to that, u if u dont have love, ur life could quite possibly end up miserable and unhealthy if not worse than it would without sex there are many people who go through life without sex and are just fine. old people (sorry for this example) go years without sex and are fine, but they always bring up the loves of their lives not the hot steamy sex in the back of a cadillac

peterKSL
Sometimes I just wonder if we live just to please our hormones...
Last year, I wanted to write a book about this... but my english is still quite poor.. erm

WhoKnows?
your thing says your weird. weird people are cool. rockon

peterKSL
Thanks... I'm weird, because I'm stuck with my conscious mind.. merely because I don't belong... the minor absence of selfishness...

barbarossa
Love is most certainly more important. euro

Afro Cheese
That depends on the individual. Some can live life fine without romantic love.. I don't wanna say without love in general cause everyone has people they love, just not everyone has people they are in love with. It depends on your emotional needs on whether you need love to feel happy, so it varies from person to person.

Sex is less important to old people then it is to younger people because (I would imagine) they don't have as big of a sex drive. If I had to guess why they may not have as much sex I'd go with that reason. Of course they remember love instead of sex because love is something more meaningful then sex, that doesn't make it more important in everyday life.

a1hsauce
yes but its a need, we need to love something, if we dont love something we then turn to finding love in all the wrong places... seeking attention becoming a prostitute, sex is an expression of love that somehow became sex first love second

Afro Cheese
As far as I know most prostitutes aren't doing what they are doing for love they do it for easy money, usually to support some sort of unhealthy habbit (drugs, etc).

But yea we do need love to feel emotionally healthy, I never said it isn't important at all. I just feel we need sex more then we need love. If we are going to list our needs, physical needs and safety will always come first, then emotional needs. Sex is a basic physical desire. It is supposed to be our method of reproduction actually, not an expression of love. But as humans with emotions we have tied love in there with it. It was always sex first love second, and always will be.

a1hsauce
ya prostitutes turn to prostitution because they were never loved, never treated with respect and found themselves doing drugs to numb that pain, and now need the money to buy it.

big gay kirk
I'd take either.....

big gay kirk
actually, wearing two condoms is less safe than wearing one.... the friction between the two is fairly likely to lead to a split....

vaya_the_elf
Love is something that is not like anything else. When you get it .. its great

When you lose it .. its not so great.. but if you loved the person friendship is still there

fever red
I suspect you're outright lying because of a religiously-derived abstinence-only agenda, and you believe misinformation, as the means, would serve the end. I can't imagine any other cause for this post...
__HIV is the correct term- NOT the "AIDS virus."
__The only condoms through which HIV can pass are the "natural" kind made with lamb-intestine. Other, much larger, pathogens can also pass through this naturally porous material.
__"Molecules" have f~ck all to do with it.
__The latex condoms do NOT have pores through which viral or bacterial pathogens can pass, although genital herpes and human papilloma virus can still be spread by contact with the skin adjacent to the area covered by the condom. For safer sex, use latex condoms for intercourse and male-recipient oral sex. Use saran-wrap or dental dams for femake-recipient oral sex. Although not tested for this purpose, the female condom MIGHT provide additional protection against herpes and H. papilloma virus SIMPLY because it covers a larger area (the vagina and much of the associated structures).
__Read a lot of Carnage comic books; he rocks.

Silver Stardust
Love, definitely. I don't think I'd be able to have sex with someone I didn't love.

debbiejo
It's not some religious thing that I say this, but the info I got from a pregnancy center.

Adam_PoE
HPV can be transmitted through condoms. In fact, condom use only decreases the risk of HPV transmission by 1/5.

Also, saran wrap should not be used for oral sex because it is porous and does not provide any protection whatsoever.

TX!
i would honestly say love cause its more enjoyable making love with the person that you love and care about most

Captain REX
laughing out loud

You never cease to amuse me, Kirk.

Love, of course.

misha
love....im a true romantic in_love

dark1365
I vote for love.
You can't buy it. Ever.

leonheartmm
id definately have to go with love, ofcourse sex is very important but to me its important as long as it means something, but when i say love, i mean true love is very important, the kinda love that u would give ur life for just so that the person u r in love with doesnt even feel a hairpluck of pain, actually when u r truly in love, at its highest level, u forget about sex, but if it ever happens its likely that ull never foregt it.

Dexx
the aids virus is called HIV
and is no smaller than any viruses..in fact...size differences aren't notable.

fever red

Adam_PoE
According to the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, "Research studies have not confirmed that male latex condoms prevent transmission of HPV, but studies do suggest that using condoms may reduce your risk of developing diseases linked to HPV."

Studies show that condom use only prevents the transmission of HPV in one out of five encounters with an HPV infected partner.

debbiejo
I'm sorry that I do not have a website for the information I posted. I had visited a "Problem Pregnancy Center", in person, talked to someone, and got the information literature. doctor

fever red
And you NEVER checked out the info, looked for reputable confirmation? "Problem pregnancy center" sounds like a front operation for the distribution of propaganda by the fanatical fringe of pro-life.

a1hsauce
or a place to help scared young teenagers make a decision on what to do

fever red
Right...by supplying misinformation like "HIV goes right through a condom cause it passes between the molecules cause it's THAT small, really!"

Corran
Everybody stop scaring me with your lies, Mz Red thanks for putting the worry and doubt out of my mind stick out tongue

Clovie
but it is not giving you 100% sure even with pregnancy, and HIV virus is smaller than sperm erm

Corran
I always thought the less than 100% is not down to the latex being permeable, it's down to leakage, breakage and user stupidity.

Clovie
maybe it's that. to be honest i have no idea. i only heard so.

fever red
Yep, Corran is correct.
Hey! I have a poem for you, Daddy...
I loved my horsie but she ran away
I need a new one that will obey

Corran
You loved it in all the wrong ways, it was a Stallion not a mare.

fever red
Oh...

Corran
A poem for you my Evil one..

You loved your Horse in unnatural ways,
I shall get you another one of these days. big grin

fever red
And if you don't mind, A Lady Godiva, too,
With a cute Audrey Hepburn hair-do.

Corran
Do you want her for her body or her mind,
or to use a special 'toy' to take her from.....whoever she's with now whistle

fever red
I want her, body and mind, back to front, top to bottom,
And there's no way and no-one I wouldn't take her from.

Corran
Ummm, someone editted my post and replaced one word with 'whoever she's with now '. Anyhow we digress and go off-topic, time to stop this tom-foolery.

fever red
Awww...

Linkalicious
Sex.

22 is too early to be in love with anything other than drugs or alcohol.

Corran
At 22 I used to love Sex.

fever red
Love is more important. Love means a lot more when you're dying than sex does! How can love not be more important? It is another order of experience altogether, while sex is a physical pleasure, which is glorious but being physical, it's tied to our health and youth, to our bodies, which in time will themselves become much less central in our experiences. Love is also not what people think it is; it's not that state of mutual idealization and denial that many people chase, which is really isolating and undermining to each participant. Love is partnership that goes beyond sex into maximizing other experiences which are better when shared.
__Now where's my horse?

Corran
Wow, where did you read that? Those are not words I expected to hear from you tongue10

She's saddled up out back, have fun.

fever red
Hoo-ha!

I LOVE her...and my Godiva? She out back, too?

Corran
Umm, that's what I meant when I said She's saddled up, she hasn't escaped has she? Check with the stable boy...

fever red
Godd@mn it- NOT THE STABLEBOY. Where's my riding crop?

Berserker
Sex. Because I can't pay someone to love me.wink

Corran
You get someone that loves money enough and you pay them enough, they will pretend they love you for as long as you keep giving them what they love.

jaden101
love...such an over used word isnt it...those 3 words "i love you" are so easily said and not meant

when love is the kind that makes your heart race and gives you butterflies in your stomach...the kind that makes all other thought melt away to faded memories...the kind when all the universe is right there in the eyes of the loved before you.

then and only then...is love...better than a really good ****

laughing

leonheartmm
true love is so much more than what any human can comprehend.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.