I hate Scott.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gryn Jabar
Does anyone else do?

pr1983
can i ask why?

Gryn Jabar
His whole boy scout thing. Honestly, we need more people like deadpool.

pr1983
i like deadpool...

but there is too much of a good thing...

and he's not the boyscout you think he is...

Gryn Jabar
Explain.

pr1983
alright...

he's lost jean 3 times... she's the love of his life... imagine that...

then he sent his only son to live in the future and never got to see him grow up...

then he had apocalypse in his head for a while and still lived...

he has to lead the team, that means his decisions can decided whether someone lives or dies, he has to do things that make him unpopular, but he has the balls to do them anyway... why? because its for the good of the team...

finally... his power... imagine how you would feel if you knew that if your glasses so much as slipped that you kid kill the people that mean the most to you... if he twisted the wrong way in bed the goggles could fall off... when he wakes up he kills jean (or emma)...

he's uptight because his power is unbelievably destructive... and if he loses control for a second then he'd kill everyone he cares about...

read astonishing x-men #8... u see why cyclops is so uptight...

ayjay
hey i was wonderin....when cyclops opens his eyes and the blasts come out....unrestrained by goggles....is that his full force? or can he actually force his blast to be stronger than what would automatically come out

pr1983
if he opens his eyes as wide as he can its a full force blast whether he likes it or not... he cant control it...

vaya_the_elf
I think he is ok. He trys very hard, which is why I like him.

He is a leader, and leaders are going to be a little different than everyone else. They have to keep order.

Megatallica
cyclops sux, its always about him his got one of the most simplest powers ive ever seen and its not very planned out cause if it is as powerful as he sez wouldnt the blast justd destroy his eyelids?

ayjay
cos its a comic book....

Fionnula
my opinion of him is changing at the moment, in x-men TAS i found him very annoying but once i started reading the comics regularly (and talking to pr) kind of changes my opinion for the better. Still not better than Gambit though stick out tongue

Arcane
because the power is only released once he opens his eye lids, not when they are closed, i thought that was pretty obvious

Filipp
i am suprised that scott isnt in the loony bin by know

pr1983
don't u read other threads? i explained this already...

his body absorbs his own power... jeez...

and its not always about him...

and no its not simple... there's a whole science behind it...

Gryn Jabar
1)The whole Jean thing pisses me off. Jean should end up being a lesbian to piss off everyone, and end the gawdawful logan/jean fanfics.
2) The whole son thing... Nate's a fool.
3) Meh
4) For the good of the team? I once ate a village of babies on my school trip, but you don't hear me ***** about it!
5) It doesn't matter what his power is, I would still hate him.

pr1983
1) o...k...
2) nothing to do with cyclops...
3) meh?
4) what has that got to do with anything?
5) his power? you don't like his power? alright...

gambitindaflesh
I think this forum sucks, I think you shouldn't create a forum based on hating a character when you know that there are plenty of people who love or like him. I think it's just a whole wad of negativity and you are asking for trouble. I think Scot is fine, I like him a lot more now that I've had some chats with Pr1983 and I think it's messed up and disrespetful to dis on a character when you know perfectly well that there are people who love him and relate to him... shame on you! I think you need to step up to the plate and say something nice to keep the peace. ninja

pr1983
thank you flowers

rwendelin
ok i hate cyclops but he holds the team together. i hate him because he is a boy scout type person and he needs to loosen up, but if he wasn't there would be no sense of leadership in the x-men besides strom who is a good leader but scott is the main one. so its a love/ hate relationship.

pr1983
aaargh...

dont people read?

he cant loosen up... why? his power...

just cos he has some responsibility... thats not boy scout...

gambitindaflesh
You only feel that way because you're a Wolverine-type-of-gal! It's facinating how everyone's favorite character has so much to do with how they respond to these forums, it's cool. Which is just another reason why you shouldn't start an entire forum based on hating some one. Notice how Pr1983 is not fond of Gambit or Wolverine? see? I think Cyclops is okay, another point. All the X Men stand eachother and that is what being a human being is all about, dealing and living amongst others who are not just like you! You have to have respect for Cyclops!

SnakeEyes
I really do not like him, but i enjoy the way he interacts with Logan

Capt_Fantastic
Scott comes across as boring and predictable because that is the character he's meant to be. He is the rock that so much of the X-Men is built on. If it weren't for him being such a solid character, then the X-Men wouldn't be what they are. That's one of the things I really liked about Thew New X-Men..he got to step out of the whole boyscout roll he's been in since he was created. Basically what I'm saying is that Scott is the anchor for the rest of the team, and if it weren't for his solidness, the rest of the X-Men couldn't be the off the wall characters that they are, and we enjoy.

vaya_the_elf
Here is something for everyone..

To Each his/ her own stick out tongue

or if you did not like that

Try this .. Whatever floats your boat

gambitindaflesh
yep. Float your boat, but don't sink someone elses for kicks!

ayjay
wooaaa...metaphors...we still talking about cyclops ryt??...jks

i think that if ppl think cyclops is a stiff, perhaps party-pooper, square sorta guy...then the writers are doin a good job.....cos that's what they want him to be...but they also let ppl see the WHY he;s like that...and so yeeh....thumbs up for marvel

Paola
I LOVE Scott!!! wub

ayjay
i dun't like his new costume...i like the body suit and stuff...that looks kool....but i never was a big fan of the whole head mask thing

pr1983
it looks shit... best scott is onslaught saga... when madureira was drawin em...

ayjay
u gotta pic?

pr1983
my avi is one, when i find another ill post it...

pr1983
apologies for the double post

madureira cyclops (best i could find quickly...):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/cyclops.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/c.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/asd.jpg

gambitindaflesh
That's his costume in the cartoon too, right? I like it. I am wondering what is up with the red picture you have with the three people kneeling.

pr1983
yes thats the cartoon costume...

astonishing x-men issue 8... scott is the one in the middle (colossus and logan behind him), he just opened his eyes with no visor on...

radioboy121
I was never liked Scott ever since he dumped Madelyne Pryor as he did. He took her son away from her.

gambitindaflesh
What!? I don't know that story, doesn't sound too Scot like, what's that all about? and that's pretty neat about the visor image, neat indeed.

Rave X
Wow, he looks cool like that!!

And to respond on this threath, I do not hate Scott. I always thought of him as a boyscout, until I got to know him better. No, he's not my fav, I'm more of the hard ass people like Gambit or Wolverine, but I dont see why anyone should hate him.
He's pretty powerfull to though.

ayjay
yeeh i think that this costume is better than most of the others he's had...

pr1983
the fact that she turned out to be evil doesn't mean anything?

in what way do you mean hardass? as in bad boy or as in no guts?

gambitindaflesh
must mean as in defiant, bad boy type of thing, he certainly isn't gutless

pr1983
thats what i was thinking/hoping stick out tongue

Filipp
i fink scott is pretty stabel after all the jean shit

radioboy121
She didn't turn evil, until after his betrayal. He took her son away and went off with Jean. Madelyne was stranded in the desert and was found by Mr. Sinister. She was shown a reflection of an evil side of her by him that she did not want, but he manipulated her into it anyway.

pr1983
i know that, but i mean from the start it was a bit shifty, i mean she was jeans mirror image, and then jean came back... how would any man react if the love of his life returned from the dead... and he was starting x-factor wasn't he?

the son thing was a bit shitty yes...

Rave X
Hardass as in bad boy big grin
They both do have guts cool

Rave X
I'm not very fond of the x-men without Scott. He makes the team so much better. Same goes for Jean, Storm and Wolverine and well, lots more though, but you know what I mean happy

pr1983
sowwie my mistake... embarrasment

black wolverine
pr1983 u touch yourself at night

ayjay
hmm...i'm sensing tension btw pr and black wolv.....even though i dunno why black eolv has beef with pr.....

black wolverine
so wat the little prick lost jean 3 time so did wolverine but he is still bad ass dat make wolverine a true g forreal and cyclops is a gay little pussy that cant do anthing anyway.

wat can cyclops do anyway beside complain about wolverine being tight and bitching every time dat ho jean faints evey 2 seconds she faints 2 much i wouldnt waist my time wit her. im a better phycic that her

black wolverine
i dont like pr1983 because he like that pussy cyclops

ayjay
i rekon if a hot redhead came up to you....you wouldnt think twice b4 u wanna try hookin up yo

pr1983
he doesnt even know me...

ayjay
hheheeh...wow...wolverine fan against cyclops fan.....thats original....lolz...jks jks

black wolverine
i would like to see cyclops vs juggernaut 1 on 1he would get owned

pr1983
and wolverine wouldnt?

black wolverine
cyclops is gay period

ayjay
i think a few of the x-men against juggernaught one on one would get beat...

black wolverine
no wolverine fight people like dat all da time he fight hulk regulary juggy would be hard to beat but wolvie would eventualyown him

black wolverine
wolverine is da man

pr1983
sure he does... because of fanboys like you...

black wolverine
he betta than dat weak fool cyclops, cyclops cant do anything

ayjay
naa!!...DEADPOOL OWNs EVERYONE!! BWUAHAHAH!!!!

ah k....back to x-men...i think that wolverine would probbably survive longer....but not neceseairly own juggz...just endure alot more pain

pr1983
he keeps logan in line...

black wolverine
deadpool is pretty coolhis powers r da bomb but wolvie owns eveyone period

ayjay
but deadpool's healing factor is better than wolverines....although....wolverine does have better fighting skills...but come on...deadpool is just the funniest guy in the MU

pr1983
except surfer, hulk, spiderman, juggernaut, colossus, hell, even big fruity cyclops could take him...

black wolverine
yup deadpool and wolverine r my fave's but wolvie is top hes a solider
deadpool is a pmp hmmm witch is betta

ayjay
yes..i agreee...wolverine is....i'm not sorry to say...NOT a god

black wolverine
they r da best thou them on a team i like unbeatable

black wolverine
wait a minute who did u say cyclops could beat

gambitindaflesh
Pr1983 you are being much too polite to this guy... ayjay, I LOVE the BWAHAHA, I can practically hear it! Ha! funny, funny... Black Wolverine, what's with you? you think you're some kind of ganstA? seriously, I think I could own YOU punk

ayjay
hehehe....LLLLLEETS GET READY TO RUUUUMMBBLEEE!!!!!

...*bing*

pr1983
its no competition... cos i'm the special guest referee... stick out tongue

gambitindaflesh
by the way of course everyone has the right to type like a gangsta and I find it to be freedom of expression, but this guy is getting on my nerves and I have a little tingle that tells me that I am not the only one, urg, I don't anger easily.

ayjay
yes...my fanboy senses are tingling

OMEGA_05
that guy just happens to like wolverin alot, a little bit too much

Im a fan to but come on

Rave X
What if he'd be gay?

Like you don't

I love Wolverine to, but come on... I dont see him as some kind of god, there are much more powerfull mutants out there than he is. That doesn't make him any less cooler though cool

gambitindaflesh
ha, ha, there are plenty of Wolvie fans who aren't arrogant jerks.

Mainstream
thanks to my good friend pr1983....I hate Scott less now than I did about a year ago.

dgeniu
Yeah, Sott`s OK. He`s a fighter, a sort of anti-Wolverine, but that doesn`t make him a boy scout, quite the contrary. You have to admire his determination! cool

pr1983
thank you big grin

dgeniu
Not bad, coming from a Logan fan, eh? Yes, a Cyclops fan also! It`s for real!

pr1983
laughing

dgeniu
What? Is this feature so unique?
Let me explain...

Logan is my no.1 fave because of his never-say-die attitude and because he`s almost indestructible. He`s that tough rebellious fighter who`s moves are umpredictable.

Cyclops is my 2nd fave because of his responsible-leader style-it inspires a different sort of power-the type coming from one`s personality.

Conclusion-both are cool. In a way, they make a great team. Depending on the situation, they could use each others` life experience and come out on top.

gambitindaflesh
Yeah, they balance eachother out well.

DarkCrawler
Cyclops was awesome in Grant Morrison run in New X-Men. Like when he broke that kids nose with his powers. Priceless.

dgeniu
So you see, Gryn Jabar, this turned into a "We like Cyclops" thread! stick out tongue
Funny how things go and come around...

pr1983
i havent read any new x-men... sad

Mainstream
for shame pr for shame...don't feel bad it kinda sucked.

ayjay
i hated how they drew cyclops in new x-men...wats with that visor!!??..it looked so0o....craaap....it was so thin...it just annoyed me....it looked like it would fall off any moment....and wolverine loked really seedy...like....not kool....the uniforms were boring and dull....and the females where drawn unimpressively...that is all i have to say....i dunno who the artist was for the first few new x-mens..but i wasnt a big fan....

gambitindaflesh
laughing
Oh, my, unimpressively??? You're so funny AyJay.

ayjay
^__^ <----regular goofball...dats me!...hahaha jks jks

pr1983
i agree with ayjay, whatever artist was let near new x-men should be shot...

ayjay
o0o heey..i got a quetsion bout scott....ayyt..in the astonsihing series..i think it was....emma and scott are in bed...and emma tells scott to take off his glasses because sh;es in diamond mode.....i thought scotss blasts were ultimate whenever he opens his eyes...and thier concussive...meaning it would be like being hit by a really big fast truck or sumtin....how come emma can look into his eyes?? sure, sh;es diamond..but that still doesnt mean that she can withstand the force of the blast...weird comic....

pr1983
bad writing...

ayjay
o0o ah k.....i thought i missed sumtin

pr1983
nope, just piss poor writing...

ayjay
hahahaa laughing

pr1983
if you read astonishing x-men #8 he opens his eyes against a sentinel and levels half a forest in the process...

ayjay
watda!....AHAHAA!!!...yeh,...thats more like it....maayn...that is quite messed up writing.....

pr1983
links to those pics (thx to sage tessa):

http://img90.exs.cx/img90/7991/untitledscanned189rn.th.jpg

http://img49.exs.cx/img49/4946/untitledscanned199eg.th.jpg

ayjay
why did he have to take his gvisor off to do that?...i mean..i understand how it makes it dramatic and all...but cant scott unleash full force with his visor?

ayjay
but yeeh...omg....that is an awesom scene....hahaha...i love that

Arcane
because the visor is ranged, so it wouldn't be that spread out

pr1983
his visor only opens so far, he can't use full force with it on...

ayjay
o0o i get it...koool....

The Flash
I respect Cyclops after finding out how much he rocks in Marvel vs Capcom 2. The costume in that game is the best imo.

ayjay
yes

gambitindaflesh
the Flash... what the hell is that thing???

I feel stupid but what is the deal with Emma and Scot??? I know I should know, but isn't she evil and a bi***? what's going on, I know I'm way behind.

Also, that sounds bad, the whole diamond, look into his eyes crap. Sounds like something Gambit and Rogue like except looking at someones eyes isn't that facinating. Yes, she should have been blown away. Stupid lady! Diamond? how can she be in a diamond mode? it's the hardest substance on Earth... maybe Wolvie's claws should be diamond.

Arcane
hmm, some one has issues with Emma roll eyes (sarcastic)

A4E
scott is so cool!

pr1983
yes emma is an evil so and so, but she's a telepath, there's obviously something he sees in her...

she does have a diamond skin yes, that is extremely durable (a notch below colossus), but she should have been blown away a few hundred miles... that is point blank range... unless her diamond form somehow absorbs his energy, which i doubt...

gambitindaflesh
Fancy little fling for Scot who is so good and honest to have a thing for Emma. He apparently has a thing for the telepaths, or they for him (causing him to love them!) I don't know her character very well but what I do know I DO NOT like.

You know, Scot and Storm don't seem unusual... evil face

Rave X
cool
cool

pr1983
emma is weird... i dunno...

imo storm is the one x-female that i believe is the best for him...

Mainstream
Emma is a stuck up B*tch.....but their nothing wrong with being a stuck up B*tch just ask my ex stuck up B*tch girlfriend!

ayjay
i cant see storm and cyclops together no it just doesnt do it for me...i liked scott and jean..

Arcane
yeah Storm and Cyclops doesn't work

gambitindaflesh
We don't know if it would work because it's never happened. It would definatly be much better than Scot and Emma!!!!

pr1983
i actually disagree, i think they'd be good together, they're really good friends, they respect and understand each other, and they both have a lot in common... a relationship isn't that far fetched imo...

Arcane
they have been friends for too long, it would be wierd for them to get together, but we are getting offtopic here, Paola closes threads for that, so we chould get back on topic

gambitindaflesh
the hate scott topic??? oh...

pr1983
there is nothing wrong with best friends getting together, it can actually be an advantage...

and this thread went off topic after like the second post... its turned into the how cool is scott thread...

Gryn Jabar
I think Balboa would ruckus Scott, he has the eye of the tiger, the burning heart, the unquenchable fire, and craps lightening. Scott only shoots beams.

pr1983
yes, a beam that would knock balboa back several hundred feet, probably killing him... but hey... its only a beam...

and not forgetting scott has martial arts training...

Gryn Jabar
Yeah but Balboa has the eye of the tiger.

gambitindaflesh
I love Scots beam! I really love the sounds they used for the powers in the 90's cartoon!! Especially Scots beam!!! and Gambit's kinetic charge, and Wolverines awsome claws!!! eeee!

pr1983
and adamantium plated eye of the tiger wouldn't help him...

Gryn Jabar
Yes, but that in conjuction with the "Burning Heart" makes him unstoppable.

pr1983
until cyclops shoots him... or kicks his ass...

Gryn Jabar
No. Balboa>all !=God.

pr1983
sure...

Gryn Jabar
Now you see. The re-education can begin. Watch Rocky IV three times, then talk to me my padawan.

pr1983
re-education... riiight... i'll pass...

Rave X
I think scott and ororo would be great together... And you can never be friends for too long to fall in love

wuTa
i'm not a fan of cyclops....but that doenst mean he isnt a good charactor

The Flash
What thing?

pr1983
your ddr sig...

gambitindaflesh
laughing laughing laughing laughing
How can you serisouly sit there with a straight face and not know what thing we are talking about?!

That thing on your posts! what the hell is it? laughing laughing laughing

The Flash
It's Iori(A character of SNK) smashing a DDR dance pad...>_>

ayjay
hahaha.....it's wearing a nappi!...AAHAHAHAH!!!!!

gambitindaflesh
Oh my God, it's hilarious! It was even more hilarious when you said,

"what thing?" --LIKE YOU CAN"T SEE THAT!

Yes, I swear it is wearing a diaper! is it not? I will never be able to take you seriously with it on your posts!!! I can't stop laughing!!! laughing

ayjay
i agree....its hilarious!...omg...good stuff

gambitindaflesh
almost as funny as you AyJay, where's my sig BOY?

ayjay
hehehe...thnx...its getting thre....i asked arcane!.....he said you didnt message him!!....wher's the intiative...I can;t sen him ur doberman pic...YOU have to.....:P....yeeh....just PM him and fill him in on the details.....

*now...back on topic...

umm.....scott...yeh...wata champ

The Flash
That's his long shirt...>_<
http://gioco.net/lof/Iori.jpg

ayjay
o0o its a guy!!....faaaa....from ur sig...he looked like a gorilla with a nappi on!.....(cos of the whole banging the dancething)

gambitindaflesh
I like the long shirt, but that's not what it looks like in the little animated sig.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>