The Bravery

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KillTheLight
I've only recently heard of this band.....I've just watched two of their videos 'Unconditional and 'An honest mistake' and they seem pretty cool..I like them...anyone else heard of them??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/machinedreams/brave1.jpg

Alpha Centauri
A bit too NMEish for me.

-AC

sk8stuff09
their pretty cool....they have a lefty guitarist

Buster 1700
Yer iherd of them i saw them on the friday night project and yer i think there great but i dont think many peopl have herd of them so so its quiet hard 2 here them, you got any of there albums?

KillTheLight
no..I just watched two of their videos on launch...I didn't see them on the Friday night project...erm..I dont really know anyone thats heard of them either..

Df02
theyre good, but can garuantee theyll be pushed onto The Killers coattails erm

KMC
They've ben called 'The new Killers' which i found quite weird since they dont sound like them at all. In my opinion, the lead singer sounds like a mix of Morrisey and Gary Numan.

Sickened.
They're Canadian... cool.
\m/

SeptemberRain
Yeah, i think they are pretty good

Buster 1700
any one no the names of any of there songs?

KillTheLight
I've already named two of them in my first post...roll eyes (sarcastic)

Blue Dragon
I've heard 1 song off a music channel & it was pretty good, don't know if I actually like them though... I'll see...

jaden101
the strokes meets electronic music...decent enough but not really turning me on enough to buy the album...so i got the torrent instead...

Ketchuptome
I heard the honest mistake..
Its kool..But their in the Killers shadow right now

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by Ketchuptome
I heard the honest mistake..
Its kool..But their in the Killers shadow right now

You mean The Killers the band, their in their shadow?

Ketchuptome
I meant their underrated cause of Killers new joint

Blue Dragon
Now you said that just over a week ago (sorry I was going to post pretty recently) I read about the Bravery being like to Killers. Someone wrote in and said that was all nonsense. Hated them liked The Killers.

But from my point of view they do sound a bit alike, the accent seems the same or something, the way they sing...

Red Superfly
I quite like the Bravery, even if they are a bit too self-aware.

MildPossession
Bravery are miles better than Killers, urgh can't stand Killers.

Bravery vocalist has a little Lou Reed in his voice also.

jaden101
Originally posted by MildPossession
Bravery are miles better than Killers, urgh can't stand Killers.

Bravery vocalist has a little Lou Reed in his voice also.

and an awful lot of julian casaablancas

certainly dont agree with the ads on tv hailing them as the best rock n roll band around...

Korri
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
A bit too NMEish for me.

-AC

Df02
the lead singer lies awake at night whacking off over morrissey, i swear the guy wants to be him

Korri
laughing out loud

Libertine
Ok the only reaosn people are comparing them to the Killers is because they both use synthesis'. Honest and truely that is the reason, people are saying they going to bring the whole genre back to rock.

Alpha Centauri
They're not bringing anything "back".

They're just another band, popular, that the NME have jumped on the cock of. When they've run their course, the NME and everyone will pretend they never liked them.

They're a poor man's version of The Faint, and nowhere as good.

-AC

Libertine
I never really understood the bravery but i havent heard much of them, im gonna give them a chance

MildPossession
Ah, The Faint are fabulous!

Alpha Centauri
Indeed they are.

Very very good band.

-AC

Libertine
I liked their new video... the song was ok.

Alice_In_Chains
Originally posted by Df02
the lead singer lies awake at night whacking off over morrissey, i swear the guy wants to be him

hahaha thats so funny....prolly true..

The Bravery aint much like The Killers....kinda i guess...

go The Bravery eek!

TrAnCeDuO
this bands pretty nice.
"an honest mistake" is really catchy smile

SlipknoT
Not really my type of music

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.