Black Books

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

furryman
http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/images/640/blackbooks.jpg
Bernard Black runs his own bookshop even though he doesn't much like people who buy books and hates having customers. Next door to Bernard's shop is the Nifty Gifty gift shop run by Fran, probably Bernard's only friend in the world. When Bernard's accountant goes on the run Bernard employs stress victim, Manny to help in his shop. This leads to a series of surreal adventures around the shop.

Anyone else a fan of Black Books?
I love it, one of the best recent sitcoms. Bill Bailey is a legend!
I've got series 1 and 2 on DVD.. I need to get the 3rd

furryman
hehe I found a load of clips here
http://www.bbcamerica.com/genre/comedy_games/black_books/black_books_video_clips.jsp

BBC America website is a pretty good resourcemessed

KillTheLight
I loved this show....it's a shame it stopped after 3 series....it's pretty cool..I liked the guy who played Bernard..he cracked me up..all 3 them were pretty weird..messed

furryman
Do you live in UK, or did it make it quite big in US? messed

Bernard is played by Dylan Moran!
Yes I love all of them.. I know when I'm older I'm always gonna have a bottle of wine out like them laughing out loud

KillTheLight
I'm from England messed...and yeah I loved how Bernard was always drunk and slurred all the time ...so funny.It's been a while since I've watched it but I reckon I'll get the dvds are there any cool extras on the dvds?

furryman

KillTheLight
eek!..sounds great..defiantly going to get it yes

furryman
big grin Have you seen Bill Bailey's stand up? I've only seen 'Part Troll' when it was on C4 a while ago, fecking hilarious!

KillTheLight
nope ...i missed it disgust but he is a funny guy..

Samurai100
Black Books is so funny I Loved the cleaner

MildPossession
Wow, old topic... anyway, love it love it love it.

BruceSkywalker
how can i watch this show here in cali?

AbnormalButSane
Oh hell yeah. I love Black Books. Bernard is my idol.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
how can i watch this show here in cali? Internet, Ninjavideo probably has it.

Quality show.

AbnormalButSane
Hulu has all three series.

Bardock42
It's a great show.

steverules_2
I remember when I saw the second episode which was the first one I'd ever seen and loved it

BruceSkywalker

§P0oONY
It truely is a british comedy tour de force. It's one of few from the last 10 years that gives me hope in the british sitcom.

Greysen93
Great show, I've seen every episode at least twice

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.