Ironman vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggernaut74
Who wins this battle? Superman or Ironman.

SnakeEyes
Superman takes it

David Duchovony
Unless Ironman combines the Hulkbuster and Thorbuster he's a deadman.

juggernaut74
Man that hurt.

long pig
ironman has a device to suck solar/cosmic energy from others. he used it once.
if he whips that out then he still dies cuz superman can fly faster than you can think

juggernaut74
Where the heck did you hear that or see Ironman do that.

spetznaz
Superman: Man of Steel.
Iron man: Man in suit.

A fight between the two = Stark industries loses its founder.

CountQuan
Juggernaut 74 you're and idiot if you think Ironman can destroy Superman

kgkg
Juggernaut 74 never said ironman can beat superman , he is just asking us.

CountQuan
why would he make a thread like this then? If he knows Superman can crush Ironman there would no point of creating this duel

stormfront13
well still u don't have to call him an idiot!! its an honest opinion, key word being oopinion, its not right and its not wrong.

pr1983
superman... tony got no prep time... tony f*cked...

Arachnoidfreak
Superman pwns Ironman.

With the obvious exception of course, Tony Stark gets his hands on a Kryptonite fetish paddle.

IRTMU-Dragon
ya, superman wins this.

The Flash
Superman.

King Burger
Make the suit out of adamantium, then put an angry Hulk
inside, and he still loses.

Just my humble opinion.

Swanky-Tuna
Hold on there, didn't you make a Silver Surfer vs Green Goblin thread?

Given the proper time to study and build a suit to fight Superman, or maybe in his Thorbuster armor, he may have a chance. But since the rules are no prep time unless stated and the Thorbuster armor wasn't mentioned, I'm going to have to go with Superman.

hobbitx
First when I saw this I was like. Huh! Iron Man is pulp.
But then , Batman defeated Superman.
If Tony has enough prep-time and all info on the Dude from Krypton , he might just have a chance. After all he is Bruce Wayne minus the recklessness of course.

eleveninches
Just WHAT exactly is Tony gonna do to damage kal???

kgkg
superman takes this it takes a lot of more than raw power to beat superman.

And Superman overcomes all his armor(you saw what hulk did to the hulkbuster) superman can to the same faster

Tron
Can we go without posting such things like this? Thank you.

And Swank already hit the mark with your other post, so I won't comment there.

And pr1983's right, it wasn't stated that Iron Man gets prep in the start of this thread.

spetznaz
Wow!
You actually got a sig that was cooler than the one you had of Doom (i thought it would be impossible to get better than Doom, but i hadn't thought of Black P).
Sweet!

Ironmanpower
Ironman easily with prep time. If Batman can do it, why Stark couldn't do the same? Stark is a better inventor than Wayne, he gonna invent every things you can imagine to his armor with the kryptonite. If can't find kryptonite ? He gonna create synthetic kryptonite like Luthor did. Without prep time... Superman

Zahit
Superman should win this. He's too versatile & powerful.
It's possible, however, that tony stark could think of a way to beat Supes.
If Batman can build armor/weapons to hurt Supes, than Tony Stark
sure as hell can. So he does have a chance here with "prep-time."

Besides, Tony WILL charm the pants off of Lois Lane. Sorry Supes.

Ironmanpower
Yeah! I forgot that Ironman can also private Kal-el from the sun energy so... Kal-el = an ordinary human.

K3VIL
With prep time IM would win.With the Thor Buster armor for example, he would wipe out Supes or beat down him, that suit give troubles to Thor, who was obviously holding back cause Stark is and old friend and commrade, but anyway wasn't fighting at a low level.And the Thor Buster armor is powered by a huge magical source.It means the force field of Supes wouldn't work well against it, it would be an advantage for Iron Man, the armor can also emits energy blasts of the same power of those of Mjolnir, another great threat to Supes lifes, cause they are magical too.And if we wanna be really boring, we can give IM a Thor Buster armor with also a kryptonite powered cannon, and it would really be the end for the Man Of Steel.

Ironmanpower
Exact Kevil... Super man don't have alot resistance against magic so he is defenceless against the Thor buster armor. + Iron man will be able to absorb the heat vision of Supe and redirect this energy to his weapon system.

Ironmanpower
Just take a look there...

http://www.comicboards.com/ironman/view.php?rpl=050123045105

Swanky-Tuna
The type of armor wasn't established by the author so I think we have to go with his standard armor.

juggernaut74
Ok, I didnt state the armor. Iron man can use any armor he has.

Ironmanpower
So he will win.

juggernaut74
ok lets do it this way. Iron man with prep time and any suit he he has Versus PC Superman with prep time also. I know Superman isnt known for his prep time but if he knows tony knows his weaknesses so he will know how IM will attack and it will change the battle.

nigel45
Are all of the things on that page fact, or just what somebody thinks to be the truth? Cause I would guess the latter.

long pig
like i said earlier...IronMan can absorb supermans solar energy into his own suit making him even more stronger.
with no solar power superman turns into normalman

Cosmic Cube
I'd definitely take Tony with prep-time.

After a long fight, Iron Man in his Thorbuster armor says "This has gone on long enough!"

Iron Man materializes a huge gun, and screams, "Hyper Krypton Destroyer!"

A massive beam of greenish radiation issues from the gun, blasting Superman through several buildings. He then falls unconscious.

Iron Man shouts, "Superior Tech!!!"

If Bruce can do it, why not good ole' Tony Stark? He's got a heart of steel...

Tron
Just out of curiousity, why is everyone still mentioning the prep time that Iron Man doesn't have in this thread?

Tron
I think I've probably only seen one BP sig on here (actually, I don't think I have, but I could be wrong), so that's why I asked a fellow mod to make it for me.

nigel45
Hahaha. You the man Tron.

Swanky-Tuna
Hmm... later in the thread juggernaut74 said both got prep time and Tony can use any armor.

Tron
Well okay then.

If Pre-Crisis Supes is in this, WITH prep, then the answer's extremely obvious there.

Arsenal
Yup. With prep time Iron Man wins, but without prep time Superman wins.

Swanky-Tuna
Juggernaut74's gonna have to clear that up 'cause Pre and Post both start with P.

theflyxx
With no preptime, Superman crushes the man in the tin can.

WITH preptime, the Man of Steel goes down.

kgkg
with prep time , you mean he know his fighting superman and superman has no idea who he is fighting ?

if they both got pre time superman still takes this superman isn't no tony stark , but he ain't no midless hulk either.

juggernaut74
Good point. Pre-crisis Superman was the original intention. Ironman with any suit he has and prep time. Remember Superman has prep time also and is gonna know that Tony knows he weaknesses.

pr1983
if its pre crisis superman with prep then superman... the guy is practically a god...

plus he's intelligent enough to know his own weaknesses, he can come up with a solution...

Tron
He's right, Pre-Crisis Supes with prep?

He's a genius, making Tony look like Dumb Donald. Pre-Crisis Supes wins, no matter what little upgrades Tony adds to his armor. Hell, this Superman could even whistle and blow him to the other side of the galaxy, literally.

DarkCrawler
I had BP sig once.

DarkCrawler

Mainstream
I Want a sig with Nightwing, Gambit, Flash, Spiderman all together and I want it to say Team mainstream that'd rock and sorry Iron man fans he's screwed in this fight.

Swanky-Tuna
I could give you a Swank style "Is he serious?" sig.
Is that from Seanbaby?

mikalv1224
superman would freeze iron mans armor and take this one

Hegemon875
Ok, but since the suit is a machine Im assuming it has a capacity to the amount of energy it can hold, while superman has none. And if this battle is during the day supes will simply recharge as fast as he's drained if not faster.

EDIT: oh we're talking pre crisis supes, then there's no competition, if stark has no kryptonite he goes down no matter what the situation.

manjaro
IM resources are vast beyond measure. not only does he have a device that can sap energy of all sorts but some of is suits have that mechanism built in to siphon energy from heat, extreme cold, cosmic, and solar power sources when his batteries are running low, but he can also siphon just for the hell of it. the reason i think he has a chance is bcuz writers like to play cheap. for all we know they would say that he already has a suit thats powered by kryptonite or some BS like that.....

speaking in terms of how superman fights(which annoys the f uck outta me) he doesnt employ super speed when he throws down. in fact, the only time in a long long time ive seen him use super speed was when that imperiex probe destryed his parents farm and he just lost it. but i dont think he would do that against IM

so IMO stark having enuff time to leech at least some of his stored solar energy is a reasonable argument. besides his suits can stand up to a lot of pressure, for back in the day way before comics got uber scientific..the good ol days where all a guy had to do was spill some household chemicals on himself and he would get super powers.

in the original contest of champions, Terrax dropped a land mass the size of manhattan on IM and he just flew into it and smashed it up. that was with his silver centurian suit. since then his junk have become way more advanced. being equipped with force fields and other energy absorbing mechanisms. so i say he holds his own if its just one of his regular high powered suit.

HOWEVER, and this is a big HOWEVER, his thorbuster suit is a brash mixture of technology and Asgardian magic, and we all know that superman is suseptable to magic, and the Thorbuster armor exudes some pretty potent magic. so im willing to go out on a limb and say that with this armor he COULD beat superman. especially if he starts off with a huge concentrated blast of magic from his chest plate thingy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.