R.I.P. - Hunter S. Thompson

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
Hunter S. Thompson, the author and writer of "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" and "Where the Buffalo Roam", commited suicide this evening in his Aspen home.

R.I.P. Dr. Thompson

Hunter S. Thompson Dead - Story

Morning_Glory
why did he kill himself.. he just hated his life???? cry

pr1983
shit...

R.I.P...

KillTheLight
woah suicide..cry... rip

Cinemaddiction
Anyone who has A) seen his movies, or B) read his books knows that he was a very "free thinking" individual. I think he was rather troubled, and while his personal life wasn't really all that secretive, it didn't seem like he was a very happy person over all.

The **** of it is, the guy was in his late 60's, and to commit suicide THAT late in life is just...abnormal.

furryman
I would, to refrain from becoming vegetated.. but a little earlier

ladygrim
sad

PIZZA WARRIOR
Well from his standpoint, he didn't have much of a life left, let alone to begin with.

It seems our society embraces many unusual icons, mostly because they are different and seem to be against what we dislike to begin with.

However we view him, he was among us, and for a while we paid attention to him.

He deserves our sympathy.

Hopefully, he will be remembered in a positive light, though I hope only emulated for his rebelious character, not for the use of drugs and controlled substances.

This was his demise.

I am not trying to be preachy, for he has lived a long, interesting life, but it probably would have been a happier one nonetheless for all concerned, as well as respected for his opinions by the so-called 'mainstream'.

He will be missed.

Darth_Big_Boy
A lil later but....RIP sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.