R.I.P. - Hunter S. Thompson

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
(I posted this in the Celebrities thread also, so please leave this one here.)

Hunter S. Thompson, the author and writer of "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" and "Where the Buffalo Roam", commited suicide this evening in his Aspen home.

R.I.P. Dr. Thompson

Hunter S. Thompson Dead - Story

furryman
woah, I just finished reading Fear and Loathing and was having a little obsession with it, timely
I have a picture (and interview) of him in one of my acient Empire's.. it's now going on my wall in memory/celebration

StinkFist462
sad

MildPossession
Yep, saw it on the news. Good writer, love his books and work.

blalocklover
I'll miss him. He was the author of Rum days too, so you all know how to said goodbye to this fellow. He must be joking with William Burroughs and Jonathan Swift. Around them thousands of idiots who wouldn't understand them even if they want too. Perhaps in a few years we all see reviews of him calling a genius

Dr. Strangelove
Haven't read any of his books, but Hunter S. Thompson and Bill Simmons were the only writers I liked on ESPN's Page 2. I will miss his articles.

R.I.P.

MildPossession
Rum Days? don't you mean THE RUM DIARY.

blalocklover

Ou Be Low hoo
Hunter was a nutcase. He indulged a tad more than your average bear, but who cares...He was who he was and he wasn't anyone else. Fear and Loathing in LV is genius, but he's got a bigger back-catelogue than just one book...If you've haven't read them, get your grubby mitts on The Great White Shark Hunt, Hells Angels and The Rum Diary...they're all classic.

Rest in Hell, Hunter...It's what you do best.

Darth_Big_Boy
Indeed...RIP.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.