I got my ass Kicked

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SlipknoT
Ok so tonight my friend had a party and it was going cool, so then we got kinda bored and we found some boxing gloves but only 1 pair, so me Will, Julian, Gbaum and Colin went out to Wal Mart to get more, we went in there and got some. And we were eager to try them out so Will and GBaum started fighting in the parking lot. Then we went back and started fighting, i fought Will, Case, and Afag, and killed them with no problem. Then i went to Box Colin and hes about my height but like 30 lbs lighter, and We did about 4 rounds, and In the first 2 I held my own and got in a few good hits as did he, but in the last 2 I basically got owned sad In the last round I got this awsome hit and made his lip bleed. But after the fight I had a Black eye, and a big cut on my forhead. He was the only one who could beat me, man i got Pwned in that fight sad

Raven Guardia
you got served! eek!

Arsenal
you got punk'd

Wolflet
hug

SlipknoT
sad *sigh*...yea

dark1365
high Jab,low Jab,right Hook, left jackhammer Uppercut, and go defense on him.

SlipknoT
But thats the thing, i dont defend myself, my pure size is what i use, i just back them down and drive them away until I can get my hits in, and my body just takes the blows

Arsenal
You should only do that with guys weaker/smaller then you.

SaTsuJiN
my thing is kicking.. Im not really one to box.. if I did use boxing I'd accidently use my elbows or something.. I dont like being constricted to only punching (as my lower body is stronger than my upper body)

BlackC@t
If you're stupid enough to do something like that, you got what you deserved.

dark1365
Let them be C@t they wanted to have a little fun...

nitro-swicked
laughing i love boxing but don't worry ur not the only one who gets pure owned off ur mates laughing

AvP
laughing

Jackie Malfoy
noAlways starting trouble slipknot.But I love you for it!JM laughing

AvP
indeed

Jackie Malfoy
kissesHi AVP how are things going?JMdroolio laughing

AvP
hey hun kisses

Jackie Malfoy
Staying out of trouble I hope!JMhug eek! laughing evil face

AvP
nope shifty evil face

Jackie Malfoy
I did not think so!I too have plans for today!Evil plans!JM evil face shifty

AvP
really

Jackie Malfoy
You bet your (beep)on it!JM laughing

AvP
i wish i was there

Jackie Malfoy
Dont worry you will have fun tonight I promise!JM evil face shiftydroolio

SlipknoT
most people are.

ARC Trooper 117
Ha! You've made my day, Slipknot! stick out tongue

SlipknoT
How?

ARC Trooper 117
Because it's sort-of funny! eek!
You should rename this thread, "I got my @$$ handed to me in the ring....".

Elektra_lover
My thoughts exactly

The Tired Hiker
Darn, I thought Slips was 'untouchable'. erm

SlipknoT
So did I, although if I didnt have to wear gloves i would have won. sad

BackFire
No worries, you don't want to be good at boxing. If you are you'll turn out like Mike Tyson.

Beast_Within
*fixes cut*

that better?

SlipknoT
laughing out loud but on the other hand I could turn out like George Forman

Korri
droolio

SlipknoT
WHat?

Korri
Nuffin. droolio

Deathblow
Boxing totally sucks. I took it up (and gave it up) a while ago and I just got continually pounded. I think I won 2 fights out of about 30 or so sneaky2

Korri
smile tut tut.. snake

Sadako of Girth
Forget the Foreman thing man, If you're just relying on physical size with no technique and or defense you could always be owned by someone even smaller who is more clued up.... Hell im 6ft and only ten stone, yet ive knocked out/ knocked down and ended fights with people with some of the bigger blokes usually not that much bigger(2-3stn) and
as much as 5 stone (In one case) and 6/7 inches height/reach advantages on me.... I read on another page of this thread that someone said that they'd rather go to kicking as they had strong legs, well let me tell you,
that is a huge asset to decent boxing technique too. Both offensively and defensively. Any boxer worth their salt'll tell you the same...
Besides kickings great if it lands but if you miss, momentarily you're off balance and succeptable to being pushed/punched over and then your on the floor having your head punched in....Or then kicked in.

There are plenty of bigger guys who have good technique/ring smarts.
Lennox Lewis, Mr.Klitchko and guys like that are a good blend of size and actual ability to fight. Speed and the good technique are great and combined with weight, its devastating... But you can't dominate if you're owned.....!! Basically the cliches are there for good reason. Protect yourself at all times THEN you'll be in a position to whup some arse.
And NEVER break eyecontact/turn away from your opponent....

Chin in, head down,be side on to make use of your reach, and let the good times roll...
And beware when fooling around with your buds of your pal/opponent going down and smashing his head of that car-park floor, 'cause then you could be in some serious shit....!

Sadako of Girth
LOL I sympathize entirely... wink
I wasn't the greatest at swimming either but if my life is ever threatened but copious amounts of water, you bet i'll be swimming... smile

But when you are slipping the shots there is no finer feeling in the sport than being a good counter-puncher.(Which most of Boxing is about)

But kudos to you for the bravery though Deathblow... to persist like that in the face of true adversity is indeed admirable.
It shows you have heart....! yes

dark1365
It's fun until your nose gets broken.

Alpha Centauri
In martial arts we fight with finesse, not blind rage.

You get hurt much less, yet you're allowed to use all your limbs.

-AC

Sadako of Girth
My nose was already broken before taking it up, even though sure,
it hurts its WAY more bearable on future occasions and then you are at least in the position to carry on for a while, which if you are out of the ring, perhaps defending yourself, is all you need.

But I found the best policy was a good offence, keep moving and keeping that guard up was always the best course of action... wink

And hell, even after the nose would have to suffer the" Sudden reconfiguration of cartilage", it was still fun to me......

Still everybodys different... And thats cool, WORDS actually hurt me more than most punches... Starnge how physically you can do this and you can do that, but such a thing as verbal outbursts, personal attacks will do more damage to a person inside than any punch, and after all, while the outside changes day to day, your soul is forever.

eggmayo
Im really lucky... day to day I wear a motorbike armoured german parka coat.... so if any chavs or someone punches me in the body, it'll hurt them a lot more than it will me

Sadako of Girth
Absolutely,
1) Boxing IS technically a martial art. (Since Martial arts mean "Art of War"wink
If you know anything about good boxing at all, you'll know that it is about good defense. In a war with no defense you'll always lose.

2)I studied thai boxing too which also alows use of all your limbs.
Sure. In a boxing ring, then its fists only, but on the street, should you be jumping me, then expect the full 4limb and 1 head platter.

3) A lot of Martial arts even at the highest level of competition are not full contact so the actual surprise of when it does kick-off in real life is too much for many-a-"Martial artist"....

4) Don't be too quick to confuse "Fighters" with boxers.... BIG difference. The stereotype of the brainless aggressor, while you go get these people, are not everyone. Hell, even Tyson was a technically clued up boxing officianado, despite his outwardly appearing savagery.
But he was a figheter, for good boxers, have you ever heard of Sugar Ray Leonard...Muhammad Ali... Sugar Ray Robinson...? Any of those guys..?

5) Any boxer fighting out of blind rage will be doing just that.
BLIND rage is as it sounds. And they invariably get done in the end.
(Just as you would in to quote: "Martial arts"wink
And believe me I've met a fair few practioners of "Martial Arts" who are indeed bully boys too who would use it to ugly ends, often out of blind rage type motivation. Cause like"Martial arts" you have to be relaxed and focused in order to fight/defend effectivley....
Hell didn't Bruce Lee even teach you guys this principle....?
I love a lot of techique from the eastern arts Especially Ju-Jitsu and do have respect for them as a boxer too. Good technique is good technique.
So basically, sure there have been some embarrasing exponents of boxing, but not all of us are intellectually challenged neanderthal wife beating idiots with only a sense of aggression and nothing else.... OK? wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.