Does Padme deserve what's coming to her in Episode III?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

williamdefalco
I don't know about you'll, but for me she deserves everything she gets. Think about it. She sticks with a guy AFTER he tells her he finished killing a colony of tusken raiders, including the women and children. Instead of displaying a face of repulsion and disgust in that scene, she instead cradles Anakin? Would any of us feel sorry for anyone that stays with someone so violent and eventually has that violence thrust upon them?

Imaginary
One word : Love.

pr1983
do you just not like her or do you actually believe this?

Imaginary
No Padme = No SW.

The Ones
how true

pr1983
indeed...

mossman
Does Padme deserve what's coming to her in Episode III?

What - anguish, torment, the destruction of all that she has made it her vocation to achieve and champion, and then death in childbirth?
I don't really see what she has done to deserve that at all...

no expression

Eleonora
You beat me to it smile

ctsketch
the colony of tusken's hunters DID kill Anakin's mother

Sadako of Girth
Padme has broad range of vision/consideration.
(Which is why she is a diplomat and Respected leader figure.)
Had Anakin been just bored and just one day without provocation at all just strolled on down to that Tusken Camp and merely slaughtered them all just to relieve tedium for five minutes she may have distanced herself from the guy there and then.... But knowing that Anakin did it 'cause his mother just got murdered by them, she could see reason and grounds for empathy...

I suspect that in Ep3, after the "Tusken" incident, she'll see the "Temple" occurance for what it is (A result of being led down the wrong path by a manipulator who knew of Anakins emotional weaknesses and pains and exploited them. She'll have all of this in perspective paired with remembering him relatively untainted by all of this as a kid and will want to save that good part of him.....Which sadly will be an ultimate tragic case of "That boat left already.....".

No I don't think she deserved it.

In fact I think she with compassion and her Vision of humanity would've made an excellent Jedi. ("Midichlorians" permitting of course...) which ,perhaps ironically, would ALSO have lead to her doom at Anakins hands, if not by some other way before... Some things do seemed destined....

bilb
Of course she doesnt desrve it. She is female, like it or not we are caretakers. When she saw Anakin after the Tusken slaughter she didnt see a murderer, she saw someone in pain and comforted him. So yes, Imag has it right...love.

Insomnia
Yeah, that slutty ho. Of course she deserves it. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jedi Priestess
^ ^ ^
reported

JKozzy
no cry

MochaChica
Padme has "beaten wife syndrome." You know the terrible stories of women (and even men) who stay with their lovers even though they beat them and just put them through hell. I think we're going to get that in ROTS. I'm guessing Padme doesn't stay quiet about certain "bad" things Anakin does. I'm thinking after the Temple slaughter, we'll see a confrontation between man and wife. Padme is strong, she's not just going to sit-by and let Anakin take this plunge. She obviously yells at him and is angered with him. But also, how strong can she be in ROTS. She's pregnant! WITH TWINS! Look at the picture...this is definitely the point when she's like "Anakin, wtf are you doing?" She's crying all over the place, contractions are going, Anakin off with Palps (whom she doesn't trust, come on, we all know she knows that man is up to no good). Padme does not deserve what's coming to her. This movie is going to be so sad.

http://www.white-wave.com/aaha/78a.jpg

86 days people! Happy Dance

bilb
She is not contracting in this pic..... smile

williamdefalco
After seeing what you guys said you are completely correct and I retract my earlier statement. Padme does not deserve any of what she gets at the end of Episode III. Much like Obi-Wan, she had circumstances beyond her control that ultimately decided her tragic ending. And despite her best and honorable intentions, those circumstances sealed her fate.

Sith Master X
I believe she deserves it...but I don't know why. messed

Stunrun
She still sees Anakin as the lil boy she met 10 years ago, she cant be mad at him. Like Bilb said she saw somone in pain, in need, and she just wanted to help him get through this, she knows he had a strong bond with his mother, and to make Anakin feel better, she reminds him that he is after all, humanwink

theres no way she deserves this, although Nute Gunray might disagree!

Dart Saber
After seeing her in Closer, i know what she deserves smile

....sweet

PVS
she didnt deserve it, but she did ask for it.
big difference.

lil bitchiness

jedijunky1138
Sometimes when you try to always do the right thing it finds a way to turn and bite you on the A$$.

ARC Trooper 117

Sith Master X
Well as PVS said, she asked for it. stick out tongue

Sadako of Girth
I thought the only thing she was asking for was her fella back on the lightside out of love for him and that Anakin coulda just seen that as a man whos top fears seemed to include losing her, and gone with it....
Things'd probably been ok... But as Faith No More once sang...
"You want it all but you can't have it..."
But I guess Starwars just has to have the tragedy in order for 4,5 and 6
to work..... (Shuts up and thinks gratefully...)

So can you just approximate the dislike somehow...?
The Character, The Acting, The personality type of the character, the lines she has, Her situation/Her actions, The Choice of Actress...?

An amalgamation of any of the above...?

Just curious thats all............. smile

lil bitchiness

Sadako of Girth
Ahhhh.... Fair enough then.... smile

Jedi Priestess
I suspect it may have something to do with your love of Anakin! hysterical

bilb
I think so JP... stick out tongue

lil bitchiness
Nah, she died anyway - I just dont like her.

Natalie Portman even more so stick out tongue

Darth_Nefarus
How could she possibly deserve getting force choked like she does? All she has ever done for Anakin is care for him and try to keep him on the right path.

Eh, who am I kidding, I'm glad he choked the hooker.

MochaChica
Lol! Why is she a hooker? Oh my...this thread gets more interesting with each post.

Darth_Nefarus
Dude, you obviously haven't seen the internet video with her, Paris Hilton, and Yoda doing blow.
Let's just say Yoda allows them to truly feel the force....

Lyn
I don't think she deserves it. I think Imag put it nicely though.

Stunrun
he sure did, love is a powerful ally!
lovesmokin'

Imaginary
I'm a girl, Stun stick out tongue

JediMasterLuke
Originally posted by MochaChica
Padme has "beaten wife syndrome." You know the terrible stories of women (and even men) who stay with their lovers even though they beat them and just put them through hell. I think we're going to get that in ROTS. I'm guessing Padme doesn't stay quiet about certain "bad" things Anakin does. I'm thinking after the Temple slaughter, we'll see a confrontation between man and wife. Padme is strong, she's not just going to sit-by and let Anakin take this plunge. She obviously yells at him and is angered with him. But also, how strong can she be in ROTS. She's pregnant! WITH TWINS! Look at the picture...this is definitely the point when she's like "Anakin, wtf are you doing?" She's crying all over the place, contractions are going, Anakin off with Palps (whom she doesn't trust, come on, we all know she knows that man is up to no good). Padme does not deserve what's coming to her. This movie is going to be so sad.

No unfortunately she doesnt but the warning signs were everywhere by the time she decides to take a stand it will be too late. Palpatine has Anakin and Padme can do nothing to stop it except hide and protect her children so that they can go on and save their father.. sad

atheist
Padme gets what she deserves! From my point of view she has falling to the darkside like Anakin did. In ep. 2 she doesnt care Anakin killed all those people, she says its ok to be angry and holds him. Like Anakin she has been influenced by Palpatine since episode 1. In addition, she let Anakin betray the Jedi Code and get her knocked up. In ep.3 its rumored that Anakin covinces her that joing palpatine and killing the Jedi was the right thing to do. She would of joined Anakin in ruling the galaxy if Obi-wan wouldnt of snuck aboard her ship and interfered on Mustafar. She is on the path to the dark side!

Sadako of Girth
But then you might look at it like this was all neccessary to get Anakin
on the path to destroying Palps in the end.... Her death and Anakin's regret of it had to play a big part in his re-conversion...
And sure a counter-argument could be that if Padmes "Darker acts" were more light-side in this view, then isn't the murder of Shmi also acceptable then but that rationale..?
Well no, is what I would say to that.... Padme's "Crimes" are from love.
Which is not as bad as murder, rape and whatever else the Tuskens did to Shmi.....
BTW I don't think that Padme didn't care about Anakin's revenge tactics against the Sandpeople, she wants to turn Anakin back from that path... Most Women that you could talk too might agree that if you were out on the town and some Bloke or group of blokes start to assault a female friend of both of you, if you leapt in a delivered some whuppass and then protected that friend from harm (Or at least,avenged that harm)
then even though she might deplore violence, she might understand your actions...Especially if your Mum is the one being assaulted...
Sure. She might let you know of any opposed views to it, but most people would understand....It's different to a common act of thuggery.

Besides which, Anakin was a Jedi, trained to surpress such emotion
(He failed, admittedly) Padme wasn't. Regardless of how good a diplomat she was she let emotions (Love,compassion) rule.

Sadako of Girth
(Cont) ...I'm sure that if Padme could have pressed a magic button and had Shmi, Anakin and the Sand people go back to the way they were prior to Ep2, then Im sure she'd have pushed it. But what can you do, but try to make the best of a bad situation...?

From what i've seen/know of Ep3, her reaction to the news of Anakins further spiralling is not an overjoyed one to say the least,
This is a woman torn...! If she was all darksidey and deserving of such treatment as she gets, She'd be dancing on tables going:
"Yay..! Those pesky little Younglings are dead...!
Nice slaugtering Anakin! Lets boogie!"
But no. She merely tries to turn Anakin away from the darkside....

smoker4
wink wink

Padmes a foxhttp://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/diva.gif

jnolan
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

i mean yeah shes a fox, but the ^^was for her eventual demise

Stunrun
awwwwwwww no!!!! im sorry imaglaughing u used to be Levi right?

bilb
No, Imag is Imag & Levi is Levi.. both girls......

Stunrun
both from Australia though right?

Imaginary
Yeah, and we've known each other all our lives.

guiro72
my girlfriend once made the observatipon that portman's acting style wasn't very "star wars".....which i thought was very true.....she's not a bad actor, just not a good "star wars" actor.....she also developed a reputation as being a pain in the behind on set from what i've heard....i'm looking forward to her death though, purely because so far i've found the new films to be lacking in emotion and drama a bit, at least i don't seem to respond to them as much as i should.....rots should definitely fix that though, from what we've heard.....hell, the new trailer should.....

Stunrun
the picture that was released not long ago showing Padme just before shes dies will hopefully fulfil the lack of emotion, plus Anakin's entire slide towards the darkside is very emotional happy

guiro72
the whole film should be insanely intense from start to finish, from what we've heard.....all of it.....exept maybe the grievous bit, but we'll see.....

Stunrun
it feels like ive been waiting for this movie a LIFETIME! wacko

guiro72
nah, only since 1980....

just a quarter of a century....

Stunrun
1980 is a lifetime, i was born 7 years laterlaughing out loud

lil bitchiness
laugh1

Stunrun
*quote from a recent interview*

Ceri Thomas - "Then it all goes a bit "wild bunch". You end up wiping out all those cute Jedi kids from Episode II, dont you?

Hayden Christensen -"Ha! Yeah! It just seems so wrong, doesn't it?"

lil bitchiness
The dark side is so sexy...because its so evil...unless you're plaps emp

Can i have the link to the whole interview if you have it, please.

Stunrun
i read it up in the new "Total Film Magazine" so youll have to get yourself a copysmile

i couldnt believe how many times RM said the F word in this maglaughing out loud

bilb
bit of a potty mouth, huh? laughing

yo_yoda
yes

Darth_Vader05
Yes Padme deserves what is coming to her because in Attack Of The Clones she tryed to cotrol Anakin and thats a big no no for the Sith

JediMasterLuke
When did she try to control Anakin. I mean in the fireplace scene in AOTC it looks like Anakin was trying to force her into loving him and when she rebuked him he gave her a look that scared the daylights out of me. He said "Youre right it would destroy us." The look he gave Padme was I dare you tell me no. Well later she caved in and got married to him and the rest in ROTS is history.

Velcro_Boy
Padme is pretty.

jaden101
does she deserve it?...your goddamn right she does

if she hadn't put forward a vote of no confidence in chancelor vellorum's leadership then none of the other stuff would have happened as palps would never be in a position to send out an order to kill the jedi etc etc

so its all her fault...i dont know how she can live with herself...just as well she doesnt have to

Obiwalker08
no..its not her fault....She just did what she was thought was best...its all jar jars fault...palpy and the other senators peer pressured him to give palp the powers...

Malic Clanorian
palps used everyone as puppets everyone deserves whats coming to them for there own stupidity lol

Julie
No she doesn't deserve what she gets.....but that's life in general

Jedi-Knight 8k2
Did Obi-Wan deserve to be thrown into a desert for 28 years...did Yoda deserve to be smelling like crap in a swamp...ummmm no. roll eyes (sarcastic)

awain
Firstly, Obi-One was thrown in the desert for only about 15-20 years, and no he didn't deserve it because he is THE best Star Wars character, but for Yoda:
mad smelling like crap, in a swamp, his home, that was...
But maybe he did deserve it because he should of retired after 80 years instead of training Jedi for 800 years.

Areora
I think that Padme deserved it cause shes such a freakin bad actor. its like she has NO emotion in the movies. Maybe its cuase her makeup holds her face in place i dunno... i cant wait to see the jedi kids slaughtered. I REALLY wanna see Anakin kick Mace's butt though. Thats gunna be awesome.

Julie
Whoa....the dark side I sense in this one.....

kiadimundijedi
What a nerd

LandoSpeeder2
You have no clue who your talking to do you KMJ.

Stealth Agent
your a sad person, i used to like you dont know why. I resemble you to a class nark who tells the teacher everything the second he/she sees it.

Why would you want to come to KMC to lokout for every small thing just so you can report it. Does it give you a feeling of being proud to do that.

i'd bring it further but im afraid of being REPORTED

Mr. Bacon
natalie portman is F*CKING HOT

Imaginary
More people like JP than they like you, so I say STFU!

jjwil76
so what?! does that mean the guy can't speak his mind?! it's not a popularity contest. i happen to agree that not each and every thing needs to be reported to the "teacher." it's one thing to attack someone directly and get reported for it. that warrants some sort of consequence. it's quite another to make a silly, harmless comment and get ratted out.

Julie
children please play nice...it's a forum...just a forum

Stealth Agent
i dont need to take shit from some 13 year old (imaginary)
btw thanks jjwil76

Imaginary
Nicely done, you worked out my age.

The Ones
YOUR 13????????????? JESUS CHRIST!

i know droolio

Imaginary
Why, is it that surprising? Do I seem younger? confused

Wat Tambor
big grin

LandoSpeeder2
I actually always thought you were older.

Wat Tambor
i'm 15

Imaginary
Thanks, LS2 happy

LandoSpeeder2
Never would of guessed you were my age, actually your a bit older but I'm still 13

Imaginary
I thought you were older than me by a few months...

Darth_Nefarus
I can't believe people are still debating this, of course that dirty **** puppet deserves to get choked out.

Imaginary
no expression

Wesyeed
She deserves her fate. She has sex with a jedi. She's full of pure dag-nasty-evil (especially on her wedding night... wink ) She never wears a bikini in the movies. It's her fault the jedi get slaughtered by Vader. She doesn't even try to survive for her kids. Lust... nuff said. She's in love because.... well.. because.. because.... it's lust, hot sexy passion. She's a human that acts like a robot...

etc...

Wait, and she's short, and spends too much time putting on ugly costumes.

Imaginary
Are you being serious?

astrofan428
Wow, with talk like that you are probably gonna die alone.

Wesyeed
Not too serious. I don't take things like this too seriously. Leads to headaches.

Imaginary
I always have headaches so... ngyeah.

Stealth Agent
Padme doesnt deserve you should blame it all on palpatine he's the one who raped her

Obiwalker08
its no ones fault but....palpys....he manipulated everyone to do his will.....

Stealth Agent
Originally posted by Obiwalker08
its no ones fault but....palpys....he manipulated everyone to do his will.....

IN BED!!!! eek!

sike nah but i bet he was thinking it Happy Dance Happy Dance

Darth Jello
hmm, maybe she does, no matter how good a movie it was, Closer did make everyone who saw it feel horrible.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.