have you noticed the trend in videos...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tabby999
after sitting through some of Video Hits (the commercial music video show in Aus) i've noticed a trend in sad pop blowhards smashing everything up in their videos because they dont like something.
that Kelly Clarkson (dunno how to spell her name) biatch smashes up her ex's place and the lyrics are all about how she always gets what she wants, then theres the ever deep and meaningfull simple plan who have some snot nosed little b*stards smashing their rooms up (like thats gonna get your parents to respect you, dumbass) in their "Perfect" video. anyone else care to name the videos that have this sort of crap in them

Aku
Why not?

room #99
well yes.. KORN in yall want a single. another band gone wrong

Df02
Ashley Simpson in her new video...dont care what the name is...but she goes around her town trying to act like shes a rebel/trying to be avril lavigne...who in turn is trying to be a punk

lil bitchiness
Anyone who is attempting to be Avril should be shot on the spot. Why would you want to do that.

Another trend in the videos is ''i have the money, bling bling, i have sex with tons of women, bling bling''

Yeah, like anyone gives a shit.

Alpha Centauri
Apparantly loads of people give a shit because 50 Cent is a millionaire off the back off people buying his records.

-AC

lil bitchiness
Yeah, Im sure those people REALLY care 50 Cent - dont confuse ''i care about the music'' to ''i wanna be a gangsta like you'' - Avril Lavigne is still in business, whats your point - she has tons of money off people buying her records, but that doesnt mean the rest of us care or give a shit abut her? Does it? eek!

Alpha Centauri
That was touching and stuff but where did I imply that you cared about him? Or that anyone here did?

Short answer: I didn't.

-AC

lil bitchiness
Re-read the damn post, before you start bleeting like lost sheep.

Korri
I hate Music videos full of semi naked women jirating their bodies, i think its disgusting.

But of coarse that would appeal to a male audience

Alpha Centauri
"Yeah, Im sure those people REALLY care 50 Cent - dont confuse ''i care about the music'' to ''i wanna be a gangsta like you'' - Avril Lavigne is still in business, whats your point - she has tons of money off people buying her records, but that doesnt mean the rest of us care or give a shit abut her? Does it?"

Don't confuse? I wasn't confusing anything. I was making a claim, a claim that didn't include you. You then asked me the question "that doesn't mean the rest of us care or give a shit about her, does it?" in reference to Avril having millions from record sales. I never implied you cared about her. There are people who like her for reasons other than music, reason like "she looks cool" which can be gained by, oh shock horror, music videos. As a result, they buy the albums.

Stop jumping into the pool with both feet and no lifering. It doesn't make you look cool to assume what I meant.

"I hate Music videos full of semi naked women jirating their bodies, i think its disgusting. But of coarse that would appeal to a male audience"

The women agree to do it, so the males watch it.

-AC

Df02
oo battle of the pointless forum ego's...lil b and AC stick out tongue

*pulls up a chair*

eggmayo
Its only appealing if they're not those white teethed blue eye 'perfect' 'gangster' things...

Korri
no expression right..

Df02
he prefers brown teethed red eyed redneck cousins obviously stick out tongue hehe

Red Superfly
Anything where people smash stuff up in a video annoys me.

Smash stuff up for artistic value. Some people blow up cars or have exploding glass for artistic value, that's acceptable at least.

But when people smash stuff up because they're having a hissy fit. A hissy fit they don't deserve to have. How the hell do pop stars think they have it bad? Avril, stop smashing stuff up, stop crying, you're making yourself to look like a complete retard.

Tptmanno1
Tool vids are the best though. Their fun to watch at least, Most of MTV's vid completly blow.

Alpha Centauri
Tool videos are too insane. The end of Parabol/Parabola is my favourite ever.

-AC

StinkFist462
Tool vids are awesome , but they have a trend also .. lots of freaky images in dark shades

eggmayo
no... i just really hate perfect girls... the scary teethed ones...

Konjammenson
HOW DARE YOU!!!!!

Df02
KoRn are a decripid shell of a band now

Konjammenson
the problem with your point is that avril is quite a trend setter and everyday the newspaper where i live has a whole section dedicated to what avril is wearing. i highly doubt the millions of girls that started wearing those stupid mesh trucker hats started wearing them because they care "only about the music." she has faded out of the light a lot, but much like 50, her success was based on people wanting to be like her.

Konjammenson
Exactly why is that? Please explain.

AcrypT
I think he's trying to say that Korn aren't as good as they used to be..

I despise MTV, I never watch it unless Jackass or something of the sort is on, M2 is getting worse too. I don't know how it is in the states but here we get the Europien MTV's and they suck!
Having no MTV makes it a bit more dificult for me to find out about new music but for that I have this forum which works woderfully.
But as far as music videos go, I don't really watch any, I know I hate most MTV videos with. As someone said before "I'm cool, I'm sexy, I have money, I sleep with a million hot girls" that's all a load of cr4p as far as I'm concerned and sadly that's 90% of MTV.

SlipknoT
My money is on AC

SlipknoT
This man tells the truth

Konjammenson
Yea, I get what he is saying but I want to know the reasons he thinks that. I personally consider 'take a look in the mirror' a really good album.

I also don't watch MTV whatsoever. I have not watched if for like 3 years now. I cam across M2 last night and stopped for a second to check it out.....had to change quick. Not only do they play nothing but crappy songs, but there is so much junk filling the screen that has no useful purpose to be there. The M2 symbol takes up half the screen and little messages come on right in the middle of the video that say crap like "Films tell the truth." and "Take a look around you (take notes)." What the hell is that supposed to mean? When is it ever going to be about the music again.....o, never

AcrypT
I as a Korn fan have to admit that their new stuff isn't what it used to be.

Sad what's happened to MTV and espeasially M2, M2 is saposed to be a good chanel!
I won't even begin to go on about MTVBASE and all the other music chanels. VH1 is the only chanel that stayed somewhat true to music but it still doesn't really ever play anything I like, it probably got worse since last time I saw it too.

SlipknoT
Fuse is the best thing as far as music channels are considered

Konjammenson
But how exactly is Korn not what it used to be. no doubt the sound has changed but the band is still the same as they started. The did not "sell out" simply because they had a short time in the lime-light. Someone told me they sold out because they have rappers in some of their songs and jonathan stopped screaming. whatever, wicked on life is peach is a cover of an ice cube song. there has always been rap influence in korn. watch their fist flim "who then now." fieldy looks straight g and is listening to rap during his camera time in his car. Jonathan also scrreams on take a look in the mirror. I just want to know why you all think korn is not good anymore...why...why i ask why.

AcrypT
Well easily, Korn's self titled album was their first album and it was by far their best. Each and every song on that album was perfect. The years went by and they came out with Life Is Peachy, another good album, next came Follow The Leader, almost equaly good but not quite as good. Issues was their last good album, it wasn't anywhere near as good as their self titled album, then Untouchables was...ok, Take A Look In The Mirror, sadly dissapointing.
Do you see the downfall here, they started good and as time went by they got worse, not downright bad or anything but just not quite what they used to be. I didn't say they're not good anymore, only that they're nowhere nearly as good as they were back in 1994 with their first album.
Now keep in mind that this is only my opinion and not based on facts.

Deathblow
There are two reasons why Korn haven't produced anything good since Issues, and never will. Jonathan Davis is a very talented man, but writing lyrics and varying his lyrical subject matter is not among his talents. The song I'm Hiding from Untouchables has some of the most embarrasingly bad lyrics I've heard in a long time. Second reason, Korn are a nu metal band, a good one yes, but the shelf-life for most nu metal bands is 4 albums. Korn have made 3 good albums and 3 bad albums, lets just try and forget the so-called 'Greatest Hits'. TALITM was stone cold proof that Korn aren't going anywhere; same old plinky bass verses, big crunchy guitars in the chorus, Jon screaming bridge, and repeat.

And their first album wasn't perfect, Predictable is dull as hell. Badabing badaboom.

Alpha Centauri
Yep. Baddabing Baddabip then boom, how ya doin'? Fuhgeddowbit ya dead.

Korn that is.

-AC

AcrypT
Well it wasn't perfect as far as it's Korn and they're not the best band out there and they're defenatly not the perfect band but as far as Korn albums go it was their best album and it was their talent at it's peak, thus their perfect album, it showed their talent at it's perfection.
As for Predictable, that's only one song, no biggie ang IMO it's not that bad a song.

Konjammenson
(sigh) i suppose im the last remaining korn fan who thinks TALITM kicks ass. I do find it interesting that you find "issues" to be the last good album. thats the album that most people i know hate the most. I like em all though and still think they are bad ass, and not worse than when they started.

AcrypT
So you're saying that their self titled album wasn't their best?

Df02
KoRn and most nu-metal was a fad, it wore off... KoRn shoulda either changed their style to compensate or started to release really decent albums again, they did neither...so they started to lose appeal

Konjammenson
I never said that. In fact, I never made reference to any album being their "best."

loserib
banmds like 50 cent and avril only get big becuese mtv plays their videos every 10 minutes its the marketing that makes these bands huge not the talent

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.