WHy is he still CAPTAIN America??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eleveninches
Why is captain America only still a captain. After all, he is way overexperienced for a captain. Isn't it about time he got a promotion??

What about commander america, or maybe even General America. The guy needs to be promoted soon, as he definately deserves it.

pr1983
as much as i hate him...

captain is just catchier...

eleveninches
he should have more opertunity for climbing the ladder of success.
I'd like to see a general anmerica. That would be quite cool.
But if you had the experience that Stevie does, you would be pissed to be pased up for promotion so many times

ScarletSpider
He's not on active military duty. He's a free agent, who does work for SHIELD or the military when he feels like it.

pr1983
i wonder did he get a retirement package when they defrosted him...

ScarletSpider
Yes actually. I've heard it mentioned a couple times, most recently in the Avengers: Earths Mightiest Heroes mini-series. He got a few decades worth of backpay, and is considered a reserve member of the army I believe, so he still draws a stipend from there.

pr1983
sweet...

Bardock42
What aboot that, President America?

Tron
Well, officially, his rank keeps him actively on the battlefield. Give him more rank, he would more or less be working like Col. Nick Fury. He'd still get some field time like Fury, but no where near as much.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.