ROTS Count Dooku vs. ROTJ Luke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CountQuan
Who would win?

Darth_Janus
This is pretty straightforward. Luke was hardly a Jedi master by any means in ROTJ, and I doubt very much that a young, inexperienced Form V practitioner could defeat a Sith lord who mastered Form II.

Bardock42
I agree.

CountQuan
Since Anakin killed Dooku, I'll say Luke can beat him.

SnakeEyes
What kind of logic is that?

jedimaster2000
CountQuan, Anakin was on top of his game in ROTS and he has been a jedi for nearly a decade and a half, received a considerable amount of formal training, and plus his incredible sensitivity to the force, sure he can beat Dooku.

But Luke in ROTJ is a completely different story. He trained with Master Yoda for only a few days before he ran off. From then on, he never received any formal training. In ROTJ, he only had like two years or experience as a Jedi. The fact that the force was with Luke becomes almost irrelevant if he lacks experience and proper training.

Honestly, you cannot say Luke can defeat Dooku just because Anakin did. You have to compare them the more realistic way, by experience, amount of training, and skill.

So the bottom line is, Dooku would slaughter Luke in utter and convincing fashion.

Sith Master X
I'd have to say Dooku on this one. Luke begins to show his full potential in ROTJ, but with Dooku's experience, I think he'd easily prevail.

Darth_Nefarus
While the powers of the darkside and experience are with Dooku, Luke would win, the second time.
First Dooku would chop his hand off and they would have a rematch...

Darth_Nefarus
But seriously I think Dooku would lose because Luke is the son of skywalker, his genetics demand that he whoops ass.

Darth_Janus
I think you're putting too much stock into genetics and potential. The child of Einstein could perhaps be the brightest scientist of his or her era, or could be a high school drop-out with a serious bout of alcoholism. Potential is never an excuse or substitute for skill and experience.

Darth_Nefarus
"Potential is never an excuse or substitute for skill and experience."

Luke (more potential) defeated Darth Vader, (more skill and experience)
and look how little time he had to train in order to do it. I'm not saying genetics makes you amazing, just in Luke and Anakin's case. I mean, Luke is related to the force.

Arsenal
That has got to be a good thing.

CountQuan
The force is strong in the SKywalker family. That's what Yoda says so i think Luke wins it.

ArthasKnight
Luke beat Vader in ROTJ because Vader was drastically weakened at this time. He was nothing like he was in ROTS, a shadow of his former self. How strong and agile can you be while being trapped in a mechanical suit? Seriously. Luke was lucky he wasn't fighting Anakin in his prime, or Luke would've been dead before he could draw his lightsaber. Like many have said, Luke barely got any training at all.

As for Dooku, he trained at the Jedi Academy all his life and became a full-fledged Jedi Knight. He became an excellent duelist with a lightsaber and mastered the use of the Force. Not to mention that he defeated a Jedi Knight and his Padawan, and Dooku's old Master, the strongest Force user in the Academy, not long after that. In ROTS, we see him fight both Obi-Wan and Anakin at the same time and hold them both off. It's not until Anakin gives in to the dark side that Dooku bites the big one.

Honestly, how can you say that Luke would win?

Darth_Nefarus
A WHOLE lot of luck.
But I guess you're right, if Anakin got smacked around with someone helping him, then I'm afraid Luke would bite the big red saber.

Darth_Janus
Well, the Force tends to look after the innocent and the foolish. Dooku would probably slip on his cape and saber himself.

Darth_Nefarus
lol
Luke would prolly just get mad and knock his saber hand off of him.

Exile
They probably will kill each other from a long hard fight.

sexyking
Actually genetics is more physical then mental and since anakinss chlorine's arein his cell then is not wrong to believe luke inherited some of that in hi cell.

Bardock42
**** I don't think Luke could have killed DV in a real battle. And he seriously couldn't beat Dooku.

Darth_Nefarus
I've also considered that a lot. Does Vader lose because Luke is that much better than he is, or because Vader was conflicted with his loyalties? Certain spoilers indicate that Luke indeed could have surpassed Vader(only because of Vader's injuries) but never the less, Luke was AMAZINGLY powerful with little training.

ArthasKnight
Luke wasn't powerful, Vader was weak.

Darth_Nefarus
WHOA! Luke was powerful! Lucas has even said Luke was as powerful as Windu by ROTJ. I admit he lacked the skills needed, but his incredible gifts help make up for it.

ArthasKnight
Lucas said that? I find that very hard to believe it if he did. I doubt that with the little training Luke did get that, even though he was gifted and had potential, he would be anywhere near as powerful as Master Windu when he faced Vader in ROTJ.

jedimaster2000
LUKE AS POWERFUL AS WINDU BY RETURN OF THE JEDI!!!!!! WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???

Mace Windu is one of the most powerful Jedi in the whole saga. Lightsaber skill wise, you can argue that he is even better than Yoda.

Sure the force was with Luke, but overally, he was still a young and VERY inexperienced Jedi. He had only a few days of training with Yoda before he left and had an overall of like two years of experience! His incredible gifts are no where NEAR enough to make up for that much of a deficit. When he fought Darth Vader in ROTJ, after Vader mentions Leia, Luke was just slashing at Vader without even LOOKING at where Vader was. It worked because Vader at that time was quite weak, but against Mace? Not a chance.

If Mace and Luke were to battle it out, Luke would get sliced and diced!

I normally believe George Lucas' statements, but this one is much too out of hand.

ArthasKnight
^^My thoughts exactly.

Darth_Nefarus
There's more to consider than just the force being with Luke, the will of the force is with him. the very thing that created Anakin, aided obi-wan in the duel, and empowered luke to assist Anakins return.

jedimaster2000
Darth Nefarus, I can see your point, but the thing is, will of the force or not, Luke didn't need to be very powerful to persuade Anakin to turn back to the light side. The reason why it succeeded was probably because Luke was Anakin's son. Anakin couldn't let the emperor kill his own beloved son. The emperor underestimated the power of love between father and son, so the result was, he was ultimately destroyed.

ArthasKnight
Yeah, doesn't have much to do with strength, but with the bond that connects family. Luke and Anakin had the bond but without it, Luke would've been toast 'cause there would've been nothing to stop the Emperor deep-frying Luke's body.

Darth_Nefarus
I agree with those points, but I'm still going to argue that Luke is incredibly powerful. He would have to be, based on his father, and the fact the lightside of the force used him as a conduit. I mean, no one else had the powers of the lightside inside him at that moment.

Darth_Janus
I'm starting to think, dude, that you're part of the Skywalker religion. But hey, I admire your stance. Even if I disagree. But anyways, Luke had amazing potential, but i doubt he was anywhere on the level of Mace Windu by ROTJ, because if he was, then why did he almost die half a million times in the movie?

Darth_Nefarus
I'm saying he has the gifts, not the skills. Luke hasn't fully realized what the force is capable of, and if he knew that the force created his father, I think he might have a knew understanding/appreciation for his powers.

I admit he was not as good with a saber or control of his powers as Mace, but I still argue he had just as much if not more.

Darth_Janus
True enough. In potential he probably was a lot more. But the circumstance here is ROTJ Luke versus MAce, right? He didn't have the uumph he needed at that point to defeat Mace, unless some Force-led fate hogwash saved his bacon.

Darth_Nefarus
But Mace's lightsaber does say bad mother f*cker....

Darth_Janus
Yes, it does. You took that test too? I am officially a Jedi Master.

Julie
different eras yet again.....prob dooku.....

Sith_lord_Exar
Personly i like sith more but i would say luke because he can turn angry and not turn to the dark side giveing him the edge in battel

Tormentor_2004
Luke's kinda slow

Darth_Nefarus
Well, if Luke is only slow because they had to move slower because they couldn't totoscope as well back then.
Luke did learn from Obi-Wan, then Yoda. Far as I'm concerned he could have been fast they just didn't film it that way.

Kun-ni Habeo
what test?

Darth_Janus
Here's the test.

http://www.gaijindesign.com/lawriemalen/jedi/

Nefarus, my friend, I notice you always say Luke and Vader can win because of stuff they didn't show in the movies because of understandable technological restraints on the part of the filmmakers thirty years ago. But it all boils down to the fact that moving fast or not, a saber fight doesn't have to be fancy to be affective. The newer battles are geared towards a newer generation, where the emphasis is all on flash and pizzazz. In all reality, you never would have seen Yoda fight like he did in AOTC back then even if the technology was available just because there was no need. But in the prequels, where appearances obviously take presidence over plot elements and realistic backgrounds, everyone looks like monkeys on crack with glowsticks in theri hands.

But still, Luke's training with Obi Wan was perhaps a few days tops in the confines of the Millenium Falcon with barely any room to move around in. I highly doubt that Obi Wan busted out his own saber and showed Luke enough moves to make him badass without destroying anything in the room or killing the boy. As for the training with Yoda, that was rushed training if ever I saw one. It'd be the equivalent of me watching a LAw and Order marathon and then proclaiming myself a Judge. Speed and potential aside, he wasn't disciplined enough to be a capable fighter. Why else would he lose his composure with Vader?

Kun-ni Habeo
thnx janus

jedimaster2000
Agreed, Janus. You can definitely say that Luke was very powerful for someone who had like weeks of training, but trying to compare him to a Jedi Master like Mace Windu is giving Luke more props than he deserves.

Darth_Janus
Besides, Mace has rhythm. Luke doesn't.

Darth_Nefarus
It's not Luke's fault he's white.

I said Luke is as powerful as Mace, but he's nowhere near as controled or skilled. I totally agree there.

Darth_Janus
Mace can also force jump higher.

jackstain
omg Dooku.

Darth_Glentract
Dooku slaughters him

Kun-ni Habeo
luke beat vader in ROTJ why the **** he culdnt kill dooku?
ps
janus m jedi master

Darth_Janus
I could beat Vader in ROTJ if he thought I was his son. Why does everyone act like that was the clash of the Titans? Here's the depth of Luke's strategy.

A couple of simple slashes. Uh oh. Vadie's talkin' shit about your sister. Shout and attack him, losing all that calmness and stealth you had. Swing back and forth, back and forth. Wax on, wax off. Wax on...

You get it?

Dooku handed Anakin and Obi Wan their asses in mere seconds, and gave Yoda a fight for his life. You think Luke can do that by ROTJ?

Kun-ni Habeo
"and gave Yoda a fight for his life"
ya sure keep thinking that way,you aren't wrong

Fishy
Now i agree with all you said but that..

when did Dooku gave Yoda a fight for his life? Must have missed that part

Kun-ni Habeo
lol yeah

DenKi
How could Luke win???

He would last 2 seconds

Coop
Han Solo coud take em all out in the falcon. wink

Coop
Seriously , Luke should win though.

Fishy
How would he win?

Have you even seen him fight? The only real fight that we have seen of him that says anything about his skill made him lose his arm, in the other he just wen insane and cut of Vader's hand... He wouldn't stand a chance against a fully trained Master

DenKi
A Fully trainned Padawan could of beat him

Coop
Who , Han in the Falon?

Fishy
No Luke...

Somebody with more training can almost always beat Luke... The only fight were we can really see how good he is is in ESB... He loses that easily, he stands no chance against Vader then and won't in any other fight, he will die unless he goes insane. But somebody more trained and more experienced with a lightsaber should still be able to hold him off.

Darth_Janus
Hm. Well, Dooku didn't give Yoda a fight for his life, that was the flow of the post carrying me towards the dark side... or something.

But seriously, Luke couldn't do anything that Dooku did. What could possibly make him better?

Fishy
Absolutly nothing... I do agree Dooku would win easily. I was just disagreeing with the Dooku Yoda statement

Darth_Janus
It was clumsily written. I admit.

But hey, Luke did do one thing Dooku never did. He used to bull's eye womp rats back in Beggar's canyon.

Which makes me wonder... How the hell did Luke know what a bull was?

Fishy
He asked his grandfather, the force would probably know.

Darth_Janus
"Grandpa... What's a bull?"

"Well, it all started back when your grandmother was young..."

"But that was like twenty years ago!"

"Shut up boy, I'm talkin' here. Anyways... where was I? Damn, I'm forgetful. Where'd I put that Chosen One? Oh, he's a Sith lord now. I knew I forgot something."

Darth_Nefarus
Luke would get his arm chopped off again
damn skywalkers and losing appendages

Darth Mantis
Oh look an arm.... Oh crap another arm.... Dude is that his leg....

Darth_Nefarus
he's got my lightsaber and he's using it on me!
NOOOOOOOO

Darth Mantis
Don't worry it's just a haircut...

Lord Mader
I'd say luke on this one even though he didnt finish his training he was still strong although he did defeat vader. If they there was a remake of rotj i'd bet they'll make luke fight much more better. Then you can see how strong luke was

Darth_Glentract
GL even said that people like Dooku, before the Purge, were waymore powerful than Luke was until he became a master.

SithKiller
by rotj time Luke had finally learned to let the force guide him for one....he would have played cat and mouse until the old man ran out of juice just like he did with his daddy...

Darth_Glentract
Dooku would slaughter Luke

Fishy
Originally posted by SithKiller
by rotj time Luke had finally learned to let the force guide him for one....he would have played cat and mouse until the old man ran out of juice just like he did with his daddy...

His daddy was walking around calm and easy doing absolutly nothing. Luke had no chance against Vader and only won because he went insane. He sure as hell wouldn't stand a chance against a fully trained ex Jedi Master.

Darth_Janus
How is Luke winning? Are there that many fanboys out there?

Fishy
Apparantly so... People should read the thread before posting

Darth_Janus
Pfft. Only logical and thorough people do that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.