Aliens and Life in other Worlds [Merged]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DeNiro
i do there is over a trillion galixies out there so of course there is i mean we cant be the onyl life forms in the universe

h0ck3yh0rr0r
actually i do. they found water on one of the moons of saturn. Saturn has 19 (now they say 21) moons. Water= most likely life. lol

BackFire349
of course there is civilized life on at least one planet in all the infinite universe.

grymlock
i do believe... alien

once there was a craft flew over my cars.. it's was awesome dude!! it's was so bright ... and it was so quite like there was so aircraft what so ever... weird! but still awesome dude!!

cheers!!

The Ones
i dont. my reason? ok. it is just the new thing for the 21st centuary and just because theres life on our planets doesnt mean theres life on the other trillion or what ever. some are too cold to produce life and some are too hot to produce life. what was i saying about the new thing of the 21st centuary . well a few years ago people believed theres were faries at the bottom of the gardeen and if your still not convinced, weve been year for like what 6 billion years and has anybody actully seen a UFO. i dont believe it unless i actully get ubducted for real and the chances of that happening is 1000000000 times higher than winning the lottery so untill then the only aliens i beleive in are single cell organisms that cant even talk!!! so just quit worrying

Captain REX
...why the hell is this in here?

Captain REX
Moved to the GDF!

DeNiro
hahaha wait capt rex does fiction mean true or not true thats why i put it in there hahahah LMFAO laughing out loud u rlike why the hell is it in here

I believe in them, it's impossible to not have other "civilized" organisms in the universe. Just because we haven't ecountered something yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist. We've studied just a small section of the universe in depth.

ragesRemorse
i just read a post about someone saying people used to believe there were fairies living under a garden, so the believeing aliens is just a trend for the 21st century. UMMMMMMM

What were you smokin dude?? or what cracked up people were you around who were believing fairies to be under there gardens. I never met any one in my entire life who ever believed in a fairy living under there garden. Infact that is actaully an original idea SEll it to disney and make some money, but people have always believed in aliens, from the Greeks, to egyptians, romans, medievial knights, indians, somewhere in all of these cultures. Whichwere dicphered with the dead sea scrolls leads to people giving evidence thousands years ago for having being visisted by a higher intelligence.

But never any where in history have i heard of some one thinking there were fairies under there garden . ???????????????

Darth Hater
i dunno what this guy is on...faries?
really,c'mon now

of course there's life on other planets

if anybody doesnt think so,they have NO idea how huge the universe really is

as far as planets being too hot or cold to substain life...scientists have found life on earth where "life as we once had thought" could never survive.places that get no sun at all have life that thrives in those conditions.places wheres its too cold for any human or small animal,scientists have found life

aliens doesnt mean lil green men with bugged eyes

aliens doesnt mean lil men who fly here to abduct us

they could just be a civilization like us...one that is highly intelligent,able to shape the world to fit their needs,but still dont have the knowledge for intersteller travel

fact is,the universe is sooooo HUGE,civilizations probably go extinct before they have a chance to figure out how to travel at light speed(the only way to get from planet to planet without aging and dying first)

it would take us thousand and even hundreds of thousand more years before WE figure out how to travel at light speed

and maybe there is a civilization out there that has figured out how to travel at light speed...the universe is so huge,it'll probably take them another thousand years to reach us here on earth

there are plenty of intelligent life out there...just like us...and just like us,they dont have the technology to travel here and meet us

absence of evidence,doesnt mean evidence of absence

NyC-gUrL
Exactly what I was gonna say yes

SpikeSpiegel
Yes there is life on other planets, there has to be. There are millions of planets out there and some of them must surely be similar to Earth and have some life, green, grey, human or whatever.

yerssot
quite easy, if the universe IS neverending, then there are millions and millions of planets
from those millions of millions of planets the chance that ONE planet is good enough to bear life is gigantical,

so, in otherwords, if the universe is neverending, there is at least ONE other lifeform besides ours there

NyC-gUrL
probably more than one

yerssot
just playing it safe wink

Corlindel
This thread is obsolete coz i am an allien Happy Dance

blakangel
Im agreement with the masses; we are in a ever expanding universe and with the infinite amounts of planets, using the law of probability I would says its very likely there's more than one planet that has similar atmosphere to earth. But I wouldn't say for definite.

Theres also Neptunes moon; as far as I know this is just practically a frozen ice on the outer layer. But scientists have predicted that within the moon is water which is at room temperature; and its very likely for organisms to live within. But the ice is to thick to get through.

blakangel
Quick lets catch him for experiments evil face

Corlindel
Say yes and I will take you till the saturn rings with me. I have an hollidays house under the ice of neptunes moon and a country farm near sirius just turning left alfa-centaur..we might create new species there smile

Corlindel
Catch me stick out tongue

Tattooz
space is infinite. the chances of us contacting life are slim because of the distance. earth has been around for 6 billion years but life has only been on earth for a tiny fraction of that. every one says that it's too hot or cold for there to be life. or the oxygen is not right or what not. all that pertains to life forms of earth that are hydrogen based. who's to say that in another galaxy 500 trillion light years away there is not a planet with a sun that keeps there planet at 200 degrees all the time. maybe that is just the right temperature for life to flourish there because of the type of life there is. even on our planet there are extremes. seals, polar bears, penguins live in freexing temperatures where people can't really naturally survive. bring a penguin to the sahara and it will die.

anything is possibly when you are talking the amount of space, stars, planets, and everything else that is out there. maybe we have not contacted life because only 10 million years ago in another galaxy there was just another big bang and the planet just formed recently compared to earth and the first signs of life are there. they may not look like things on earth but it is still life.

cermiestar
disney's escape to witch mountain....big grin

burlyman
smile i totally believe in extra terrestrial life in other galaxies, universes,....

but no way like they are portrayed in films, they probably have completely different DNA and sh!t

blakangel
ooh god, how could a woman turn that down..... big grin

is this a game of kiss catch roll eyes (sarcastic)

Corlindel
Yes stick out tongue Say yes and I will turn you into the princess of skies and the stars will join us to celebrate...catch me stick out tongue

blakangel
princess....oooh.... big grin

*runs after you*.....

I wanna be a princess smile

Dexx
oh, aliens..well..the question of weather or not i belive in aliens could be the wrong one....it's not like beliving in god. the thing is..."if they weren't..it'd be a awful waste of space" smile.....personally i belive there is extraterestrial intelligent life form.....

Mujaffa
du you belive in humanstick out tongue

Fire
I think there is some intelligence out there somewhere, but I doubt any of them have ever travelled to earth

mah
I don't believe in any intelligent life outside of earth.

yerssot
and I don't believe in intelligent life ON earth

Dryden
define intelligent life....

is it the ability to drain a planet of its natural resources and kill your own species without a care in the world? lol

not trying to start a discussion on it...just funny when you really try to define intelligent life.

who's to say ants arent the most intelligent life, or bacteria.....they've been here for a long ass time and aren't going anywhere...that's pretty successful.

Ushgarak
Let's quote some Monty Python here...

"Whenever life gets you down, Mrs Brown
and things seem hard or tough
and people are stupid, obnoxious or daft
and you feel that you've had quite enough....

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
and revolving at nine hundred miles an hour,
that's orbiting at nineteen miles a second, so it's reckoned,
a Sun that is the source of all our power.
The Sun and you and me and all the stars we can see
are moving at a million miles a day,
in an outer spiral arm at forty thousand miles an hour
of the galaxy we call the "Milky Way".

Our galaxy itself contains a hundred billion stars!
It's a hundred thousand light years side to side.
It bulges in the middle, sixteen thousand light years thick,
but out by us it's just three thousand light years wide.
We're thirty thousand light years from galactic central point.
We go 'round every two hundred million years.
And our galaxy is only one of millions of billions
in this amazing and expanding universe.

The universe itself keeps on expanding and expanding
in all of the directions it can whizz.
As fast as it can go, at the speed of light you know,
twelve million miles a minute - and that's the fastest speed there is.
So remember when you're feeling very small and insecure,
how amazingly unlikely is your birth,
and pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
'cause there's bugger all down here on Earth."

One of the best last lines for a song ever...

Fire
Nice going ush wink

burlyman
Happy Dance what if there was a planet of the bananas

Tesla_Strife
The universe is not infinite as you all seem to think. If you had a space craft that could travel that fast to go across the universe in a day or so (or in ur lifetime to be honest) you could plot a course that went straight across the diameter of the universe. After several years of travelling you would find urself back where u started. because the universe is spherical.

Sorted.

ALiens -

We as humans are carbon based. We are a high proportion of water and a lot of other organic and inorganic nutrients. For us to survive we must have:

Oxygen (for our evolved system of respiration)
the Correct pH.
The correct temperature (our core temperature is 36.9C)
and the correct biomass that we ingest.
Amongst a few other things.

If these were abundant, could life be started. Answer is yes. This is what life as we know it requires.

so aliens would be possible. Are they there,,, not necessarily but there is the potential.

Someone in this forum mentioned planets being too cold or too hot to support life.

yes this is correct for our bodies, either we would melt, freeze (enzyme denaturation) or even premature apoptosis and perhaps major cell collapse so we could not change the environment that we live in , but who said the aliens were like us.

these so called aliens could be completely differnet based to us.

They could be boron based, uranium based, americium based. It would usually have to be a stable element thinking about it so uranium and americium are out of the question but even nitrogen based.

If this is true then there body systems would function differently, they would require different environments to us, different environmental pressures.

We evolved in our atmosphere from two amino acids (the building blocks of life), in our system amino acids code for the structure of proteins on 4 different levels. This comes from DNA which is our genetic material.

What if the genetic material of the aliens was completely different like a compound like di-ethyl acetate. they would be completely differnet and they would evolve differently and thus they would survive on differnet planets, differnet systems. hell they may even survive in space itself that vacuum out there.

I've kind of waffled on a bit but if u can get the gist of my conversation and summarise it in another post, then i would be grateful.

But basically survival can be anywheree.

e.g.

with reference from differnet literature and texts (fictional).

Hydrogues - survive in the cores of gas giants where they take a mercury (liquid-metal) based form. We could not survive there because of the phenomenal amount of pressure.

Faeros - Live in the molten fire of suns where they can survive with amazing temperatures around them..

And thats just a couple of the many differnet types there could be.

Tez

el_barto
well duh like deniro said we cant be the only life forms on earth if we were what would be the meaning of our existance

lil bitchiness
I believe in aliens....im looking at one right now....

Evil Dead
Simple mathmatics supports the notion that there is other life in our universe............and most likely even intelligent life.

The universe is ever expanding from one central point (big bang)......it is expanding in all directions making it infinite. This means we have explored 0.00% of our universe .........to come up with a positive number you would have to carry the decimal point thousands upon thousands of places past what I have in the above percentage.

I'm sorry you are so ignorant to the subject. Where in the **** did you get that moronic information? Matter expanding outward in all directions from a central point cannot acheive a spherical form. You could never reach the end of our universe (in either direction on a plane: X, Y, or Z). The idea is just preposterous. Every second you travel through our universe....it expands one second. By some assinine presumption that one could travel 100,000 times the speed of the expansion of the universe in any given direction on a standard plane (to cover ground currently standing, gain ground, then overtake).....you would be dead in fractions of a second due to the laws of physics and the physiology of the human body.

Seriously man.........stay in school. If you are currently out of school.....go to your local college and take more science classes. Seek further education no matter your circumstance.

Darth Hater

Darth Hater
explain

Tesla_Strife
Yes universe is expanding in all directions. but yes we are talking theoretically. yes if we did travel that fast we would pull a G that would rip even the hardest of metal matter apart let alone us. We would evem break space itself (probably). but if u travelled at a point on the straight line u would end up where u started.
Your rules apply still, yes we have discovered only the tiniest pin head of our universe but it is still a size. IT IS NOT INFINITE.

ANd if it was exploding outwards from big bang at all points in equilibrium it would basically be spherical.

What im saying is universe expands out from all directions in a spherical form. u could never reach the end because even tho u started in a straight line you would eventually a spherical route and end up back where u started.

DONT ATTACK MY EDUCATION. Im not at school. Im at University studying Biotechnology and i have got physics A level under my belt.

Also u havent really said anything of factual imput in ur text. nor have i for that matter. i'll be back. Factual imput being linked theories and equatons.

Tez

Tesla_Strife
And also the universe will eventually begin to shrink under its own pull of gravity, theres also antimatter involved in this tho im not totally sure how.

but antimatter is set to blow Newtons theories of gravity out of sky as well. when more is known.

Tez

Hypernova
I don't think you should be too hard on the guy/girl, Evil Dead. You never know, that particular individual may just be the person who discovers the equation to make it possible, and prove this particular line of argument correct.

Now, unlike you, I am not well versed in many mathematics or science matters. But I remember reading somewhere that argued along the lines of his/her argument.

Some may find this interesting - the 4th dimension

To answer the question, yes. I believe there is other life forms out there.

Tesla_Strife
Im a bloke. but thanks.

Did any of you watch farscape? My god was that good. anyway.

Right im off. gotta get some food in. else i'll starve.

thanks hypernova.

Tez

Dryden
well, i think we can all agree..this is allllll theoretical. There's no solid evidence of how the universe really is, so its fun to talk about it.

Question: if the universe is shperical in shape, that would mean there has to be a center of the universe...also an axis point etc. where and what do you think would be there?

Evil Dead
oh no doubt......there are theories out there which state what Tesla Strife has said.....he is not alone, nor did he just make that up. It is however not the currently accepted theory. People are studying this theory right now........one day it may prove to be correct and be accepted by the scientific community, it merely isn't today.

BondJamesBond
I am an alien

DemonicGambit
For some reason I believe that bondjamesbond roll eyes (sarcastic)

I don't think they exist in this universe

GABRIEL05
I believe that some peoples on earth are the descendants of aliens. I think that what we call Aliens have also been called angels, demons, dominicans (just kiddin') Naw at one point the aliens will come back to earth and try to take a select few of us away on sundry ships made of gold to the Kingdom of Never Never.

finti
if Arnold could be gov there must be alians

rusky
I was wondering what people thought about the posibility of extraterestrial intelligent life forms ?

julibug
OK. I voted no, simply because I haven't seen any yet. I'm open to the possibility, though. If you had the option of "maybe", I would have probably clicked on it. wink

Pingu
I voted yes because in all the universe I find it hard to believe that only one planet could have just the right conditions to support life.

rusky
I was worried many would just click maybe, so I wanted to see a more clear distinction wink

julibug
Cool. alien

HockeyHorror
read the einstein quote in my sig. And i didn't vote...yet

some people take these alien life theories a little to much to the extreme. smile

rusky
Just noticed u have the same quote in the sig as I do.. smile

amity75
I voted yes. It would be an awful waste of a big space if there was nothing else out there.

rusky
Idd smile

Fire
ofc

rusky
Wow... people are very convinced about this... I like it.. smile

§pearhead
ditto...theres a lot of planets out there.

Raz
The universe is infintely huge, the chance that only ONE other planet has the same conditions as earth to support life is quite high IMO - so I would say yes.

But the chance of them making contact with us also zero.

rusky
laughing out loud Perhaps, eventually..

Raz
It's astronomically impossible. Well unless they've been travelling for billions of years in our direction...

§pearhead
Yeah, the universe is pretty darned big blink it might take awhile.

rusky
Hmm...true... but still, u never know.. maybe they've got superior travel technology.. like they know how to use blackholes etc...

Evy_O
I voted yes... What Pingu and Raz said summarize my opinion perfectly.

The Force
there should be a maybe button, cuz if there is anything out there, it definitely aint smarter than us big grin

Myth
You could have had:
Yes
Most Likely
Probably not
No

I voted yes btw.

HockeyHorror
i voted yes but only in theory wise. no evidence....

rusky
laughing

Oh...and here's a slightly off-topic question :

What's u'r opinion on the Conspiracy Theory ? (u kno the thing about the gov knowing about aliens and not telling anyone)

Raz
Nope, but the X-Files was still good thumbs_up

mook

ravin
i have to agree with hockey horror the theories are alittle extreme...

in my life i have never wanted to go to roswell or area 51 because it is the past not the future for me

and hope everyone is doing good!!!

ravin

The Force
laughing out loud i think that's the biggest peice of BS i've ever heard from the government laughing out loud

rusky
laughing out loud Hmm.. So why do you think the gov lied about that ?

The Force
well there not enough evidence to support it for one

rusky
well there's not enough evidence to support the existance of aliens either..

The Omega
The answer is "maybe". So I'm not voting smile
The probability is very high, but until we actually meet "them", there is no scientific basis for saying "Yes, of course."

Raz> It's not astronomically impossible for aliens to contact us. They have several ways of doing that. They can send a radiosignal that we might receive through SETI. They may've found a way of creating warp-fields. Or - the best idea IMO - they've found a way to create stable wormholes (Rusky> NOT black holes - that's a oneway street to oblivion).
They just have to realise that we're here, third planet from some small stable yellow star. Our radio signals are some 80 lightyears from Earth around now -

Everyone else> Check out "Drake's Equation".

Raz
But the nearest solar system is thousands if not millions of light years away. So it will literally take thousands (or millions) of years for even radio signals traveling at light speed to reach the nearest solar system, never mind an "intelligent" solar system.

Regarding wormholes, is there any proof they exist? I was under the assumption it was all theoretical at the moment.

finti
what do you mean by other planets

rusky
Omega, blackholes ARE wormholes...they have a very high density antimatter core which pulls matter in, but it is believed that there also is a place in space called a whitehole which acts as the opposite, throwing absorbed matter out... so provided u could keep a ship in one piece u COULD use a blackhole for travelling purposes..

Finti, I mean planets, like Earth...

what do u mean what do I mean planets ? confused

rusky
here it is..

A black hole sucks in matter and energy and crushes it to an infinitly small dense point.
White holes- the equivelant to black hole. a white hole is an area where matter and energy goes out of it from a singularity to space.
A link between the two (if it exists) is a wormhole...

However, this wormhole would lead to another universe and not to another point in our universe.. this is where the two differ.. however, it is safe to assume that, just like u have said, it's a trip to oblivion because in the center of a black hole it is believed to be a singularity(all dimensions are zero) therefore there is no time, space, or matter..

However this is highly debatable becase despite of all the physics laws we have, we have never actually tested any of theese theories, and most of the laws we apply we have learned by observing things on earth..

finti
it was a joke Rusky...... the plot is that other refer to planets besides earth. My joke is that earth doesnt have inelligent life thus " other planets"?

rusky
oooooh.... embarrasment

laughing

The Force
but how can we "know" what "they" do when we don't even know what "they" are? confused

Twin B!tch 1
i vote yes cus we can't be the only living things in the entire universe

finti
why not

rusky
good point...
everybody seems to think this..

Twin B!tch 1
I ain't getting in a HUGE debate over this so i am just gonna make my point k? big grin We are just a tiny spec of the universe, a tiny spec of our galaxy even. If it was possible to make life here then why not elsewhere? There is life somewhere, we just don't know it cus its too far away to see or contact.

finti
if there are intelligent life out there the best way to know is if they dont visit us, that shows real sign of intelligence on their part

rusky
laughing out loud U must really dislike mankind Finti sad

Twin B!tch 1
laughing out loud

The Force

rusky
by assuming that "they" are something similar to us..

§pearhead
messed he's gotta point there...and you're not referring to a calvin and hobbes strip, are you?

The Force
i think we assume to much...

SK88728
i think yes, the universe is somethign that never ends, we cant be the only living ones, i got that from the disney movie Zenon laughing out loud

julibug
What if they look like species 8472?

§pearhead
Then we are surely doomed. yes

SK88728
i would feel the urge to poke them with a sick just because they are purple and look funny pokey

LeAtHerRFace
OFCOURSE THERE IS!!!! THEY ARE HERE SO WE COULD JUST GO TO THEIR PLANET AND BEAT THE LIVING $h!T OUT OF THEM.... THOSE ALIEN RATS!!!.....lol sorry... just playn. big grin

finti
as a matter of fact no, In Norway Calvin is translated into things that are more of a local issue.

look at us, we are doing our best to ruin this world we have so that a few could earn more money

rusky
that's why we need a centralized gov like in Star Trek...

Baylin
Like somebody else has lready mentioned - there is inteligent life out there and they've proved it by leaving us to it. At least that way we'll only destroy this planet and not the entire galaxy!
It would be interesting to meet another life form totally alien to our expectations, if for nothing else but to hear the stories of their travels.

Gundark
I agree with finti. Why would they want to land on this dump ?

They just like to buzz rednecks sitting in swamps at midnight for kicks.

julibug
Maybe if we can develop warp drive, we will get their attention. It worked for Zephrim Cochran. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lord Ryugen
The possibility that the Earth is the only planet that can hold within a consantly expanding universe is almost to calculate so I beleive that there is sentiant life on other planets. Wether they are smarter than humans remains to be seen

Fitch
there....there is....there is somethin more than just us around alien shifty

Citadel
So whats up with those aliens, anyway...?

alien

Gregory
Aliens might exist. Under our current understanding of Physics, they could not visit Earth. And if they did visit Earth, I'd like to think they'd have better things to do than mess with cows or shove things up abductees' butts.

Korri
i think they do. i mean what are the chances that we are the only planet in this vast universe that holds life? erm

punkyhermy
i really beleive in aliens, it's not that i got proof or anything...it's just that...u don't always have to believe in things right before yor eyes.i really believe they exisst.one day we will meet them

Citadel
yea exactly, us humans are so naive, we think that we're the only race out there... and i mean, we dont know how big the universe is, so of course theres gonna be other life somewhere!

i dont know why aliens would wanna come to earth, humans arent the most interesting species...

eek!

mechmoggy
I really do think there are aliens: for instance, our galaxy is fecking huge, right? With thousands of stars and even more planets orbiting them.

Apparently there are more galaxy's in the universe than there are grains of sand on all of earth. So those odds are pretty good that at least one other planet somewhere has life on it.

yerssot
I thought they were fireflies... fireflies that got stuck in that big ... blue net there

(Timon, The Lion King, adapted quote)

Citadel
lmao! laughing out loud

ash007
yeah hell i know there is life outside the universe. I think more and more people belvie it.

Also i was wondering how they would look like

they are probely thinking the same thing about us

Gregory
Um ... there are far more stars than there are planets.

Tex
I think there are aliens, somewhere out there.
Have they visited us here on Earth?
I dunno.

I do find the whole Roswell crash incident very interesting, I believe something crashed there that wasn't from this world shifty alien shifty

§pearhead
'course i believe in aliens! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Be@st
I think that aliens exist; but I don't belive in alien obductions and things like that; I mean they can't be as stupid as humans which would definetly "put an alien under the knife" if they would find one.

punkyhermy
i think that aliens are as interested in us as we are in them!

Be@st
^I think so too

mouth
ya i think they exist acause, like other people said, we can't be the only planetwith life on it in this universe.. we don't know how far the universe gose on, we're only assuming it's infinate.. what if there were more than one universe? like infinity universes??? no expression

steely balls
yes

A.D. Skinner
Yes...I believe in Aliens

"I want to Believe"

amity75
I know a girl who works for the Ministry of Defence in Glasgow and all she says is "You'd shit your fkn pants if you knew the truth about aliens"

punkyhermy
okay...wat does that meaN...

Gregory
Nothing. Thousands of people have friends, or friends of friends, who say they know the "truth" about aliens.

Um ... no offense intended, of course.

Lord Soth
believing that we're the solitary inteligent race in the universe is ridiculously arrogant

Michael Myers 1
yes i beleive in them and this made me beleive more .......check it out!!!!!

http://www.jkcinema.com/runflash.asp?id=ULufos&name=Urban%20Legends%20Series:%20UFOs&width=400&height=300&quality=best

Gregory
Why? Intelligence is not inevitable. If the dinosaurs weren't wiped out by a meteor, it is perfectly possible that intelligent life would never have developed on Earth at all.

Michael Myers 1
you will never not beleive in aliens againw atch that

Gregory
And "arrogant" doesn't mean 'wrong." Sometimes arrogance is justified.

And if it's arrogant just to think aliens don't exist, how arrogant is it to think that they'd traverse light-years to visit Earth and mess around with us.

Citadel
humans are naturally arrogant (unless youre like, bill gates) but that doesnt mean that we cant figure things out.

most of us have been smart enough so far to realize that we're probably not the only things alive.

well, hopefully. confused

Raventheonly
If we go scientifically and mathematically speaking, the very existence we live in is infinite, therefore there must be life out there, odds that they can travel here are equally good because, the odds are infinite. Comming to mess with our heads are extrodinarily stupid, more then likely its like the independence day scenario.

Religiously speaking, just can't tell, never said we were the only creations with intellegence, just said we were the caretakers and we were in his image.

Darth Revan
Aliens have to exist, plain and simple. I just refuse to believe that we are the only planet in the entire universe with any form of life.

mechmoggy
Aliens landed in my back garden, I dun seen it wiv my own eyes. yes

Linkalicious
I've seen far too many UFO mystery specials to ever think there AREN'T aliens.

PS. Thanks for hosting them Spock

SumWatTwisted
I agree. I mean why wouldn't there anything out there?

Fire
I believe aliens against, tho I never saw any clear evidence of it

The Omega
It's become a modern mistake to say the following:

"It's ridicilous to claim we're the only intelligent species in the Universe. Ergo we're visited by aliens."

The first is true. The second has not been proven. Why should intelligent beings, whose society has managed to develop space-travel jouney all the way to Earth, and then hide themselves, mutilate our cows and make silly crop-circles? Come on!

The modern alien-theories are like a modern religion. There is no proof - but people BELIEVE it is true. Culturally accepted delusions like religion, astrology, numeorology etc.

And UFO mystery specials! A UFO is an unidentified Flying Object. Don't confuse that with a flying saucers. A ufo can be anything from birds, to planes, ballons, fireflies and so on and so forth.

There are some 300 billion galaxies, and some 200 billion stars in the Milkyway. Not all of those are of a type were life could develop on a planet. Read up on "Frank Drake" and "Drake's equation". It gives a pretty good idea of what life requires to develop on a world. Then there's the element problem. Life requires elements that didn't exist for a long time in the Universe - like carbon, phosphorous and oxygen.
Maybe we're the first to get to our technological level? I doubt it, though. Every time humans claimed to be special, we weren't. The Earth is not the center of the Universe. The Earth is not the center of the Solarsystem. The Solarsystem is not the center of the Universe. Etc etc etc.

It could be teeming with life in the Milkyway. It just does NOT mean they're capable of space-travel let alone visit us.

Fire
still there is a difference between aliens and UFO's or flying saucers I BELIEVE in ALIENS I do NOT BELIEVE in FLYING SAUCERS

mechmoggy
Meh, I probably would interfere with some cattle.

Darth Revan
"Life requires elements..."

Well, life as we know it. It's possible that there are life forms elsewhere in space that don't require the same things we do.

I agree with Fire--I believe that there is alien life. I don't believe that one day a bunch of little green men are going to land on our planet, enslave the human race, and take over the world. It is rather selfish of us to assume that if there is intelligent alien life, it will come and visit us. Maybe it will, but that's no reason to look at some thing up in the sky and say "ooh look and alien!".

Fire
woot go DR

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>