Batman Vs Batgirl(Cass)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Max Spidey 24
I went on another forum and put Nightwing Vs Batgirl and batgirl beat nightwings ass hands down so im like could she beat batman?

spetznaz
In a physical fight (hand to hand) Batgirl-Cassandra wins.
In an anything goes fight (where Batman uses his mind to strategize) Batman wins, and wins easy. He would out think Cassandra and overwhelm her with his myriad stratagems.

srankmissingnin
I still think Batman wins in a straight up hand to hand fight. Shiva kicked Batgirls ass with a huge smile on her face the whole time (I don't think Cass landed a single blow) then later Cass barely manages to beat a severely weakened Shiva; Batman has much better showings against Shiva. Batgirl is really over rated... but she still beats Nightwing.

lifeisaglich
Batman can be just as potent as both Batgirl(Cass) and Shiva. The way I see it he refuses himself to be like them. But in a hand to hand fight I am also leaning towards batman.

Mainstream
Batman is suppose to be the greatest fighter this side of the DC universe...he would win under any conditons agains miss Cain

28Dave37
Obviously Batman, he tought batgirl so i bet he left some thechinique out so if she turned evil he could beat her.
Not that he couldnt whoop her neway

Tron
He didn't teach current Batgirl anything, David Cain did. You must be thinking of Barbara Gordon, not Cassandra Cain. She's much more potent at hand-to-hand than Batman is, and he's already admitted it. As has been said before, in a simple hand-to-hand fight, Batgirl takes it. But in an all out battle, Batman takes it, cause he'll be going all out.

Mainstream
okay..I'll give you that...but you don't think batman could take her just hand to hand...I mean no chance in hell?

demigawd
No. Chance. In. Hell.

srankmissingnin
Batman would beat Cass in hand to hand.

demigawd
It's like this:

Shiva beat down Batman, who needed help from Robin to stop her.
Batgirl beat down Shiva

Deathstroke beat down Batman with his bare hands and could have killed him if he didn't get all nice guy on him.
Batgirl beat down Deathstroke, and then CONTINUED to beat him even after he started using guns against her.

Everyone who has fought them both has said that Batgirl is better. ("You're good. Better than your master"wink. Including BATMAN HIMSELF.

They're not in the same league.

srankmissingnin
Batgirl got her ass handed to her by Shiva, she couldn't even land a single f'n hit on her. Then she barely manages to beat a severly weaken Shiva. Batman on the other hand has held his own against a healthy Shiva (he has even had the edge once)

Why do people bring up that Shiva/Batgirl fight? It would be like if Spider-man got ran over by a truck then Shadowcat beat him up right after... not really impressive is it?

When did Batgirl beat Deathstroke?

Max Spidey 24
lol Its true what u say but i dn wwhat to believe now because on dc forums they said batman beat a weakened mind controled shiva while batgirl beat a healthy one. Im confused

lifeisaglich
I think it was during this encountered that batman wondered who was better between him and Shiva. I do not think Shiva's mind was weakened because if that was the case then why send her along with other powerful folks under the same mind control. If they are not going to protect you or at least stall long enough for you to do what you need to do?

And one more thing batman has redeemed himself from deathstroke. Batman has beaten deathstroke. If not then how do you explain batman having his sword and his riffle as trophies.

That issue that batman fought Deathstroke had batman asking Deathstroke to turn himself in to the police. Batman was not there to take in Deathstroke he was there because Nightwing told him that Deathstroke saved his life.

And besides Deathstroke did not get away from this battle untouched. I believe his said, "If I did not have these enhancements I would not have been able to face the batman." Deathstroke was holding his sides when he was speaking. Not an exact quote but you get the idea. And this was from a batman who was not determined to bring Deathstroke in. Simply because Nightwing told him that Deathstroke saved his life.

Batman to win over Batgirl in hand to hand combat but Batgirl has the advantage.

TraXtaRCR3
SPIDER MAN Getting hit by a truck...now thats comedy . Can u picture it WAM! no disrespect i like spidey but its just funny to think about . u gave me a good laugh there.

demigawd
http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/view.php?trd=050221033635&q=batgirl

Batgirl vs. Deathstroke.

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/view.php?trd=050116000104&q=deathstroke

This does NOT look like a Batman who isn't trying.

How was Shiva weakened in her fight against Batgirl??

Issue 27 of Batgirl: Batgirl's friend in a red cowl says, "You know, ever since you beat Shiva..."

Later in that issue, BATMAN says to Batgirl, "Congratulations. Even I've never beaten Shiva hand-to-hand."

In "Secret Files & Origins," it says of LADY SHIVA:

"In the history of martial arts, one name stands above all the rest: Shiva. Lady Shiva Wu-San has devoted her entire life to the quest for perfection in the martial arts, traveling to every corner of the globe in pursuit of a new technique, a better opponent, another form.
This single-minded passion has led her to become the premier martial artist in the world. Not even Batman has successfully defeated her in solo hand-to-hand combat. In fact, only one person has ever beaten Shiva--Batgirl."

"Secret Files & Origins" then says of BATGIRL:

"The new Batgirl would learn to speak with the help of a telepath, though her new verbal skills impeded her ability to read body language and thus predict her opponent's moves. The martial artist and assassin Lady Shiva helped her regain that talent, but insisted upon a deathmatch in return. In the ensuing fight, Batgirl defeated the previously-unbeaten Shiva and proved she may now be the greatest martial artist in the world."

Shiva beat and killed Batgirl in their first fight, but that was because she was trying to reintegrate her talent into herself. Once she was resurrected, she became one with herself. That was when she beat Shiva.

lifeisaglich
Of cause the pages that you showed is going to make seem as if the batman was trying his hardest and was determined. But why did you not show it from the beginning.

Where Deathstroke was standing outside a building looking at his intended victim. How he went in trying to do what he does best but was stopped by the batman. And most importantly of all how batman was trying to get Deathstroke to turn himself in to the police and let him clear deathstroke's name. And How he mentions that Nightwing told him that Deathstroke saved his life. You will see that this was not a determined batman. Yes I am pretty sure, these are things you say to someone who you are going to fight to the death with.

You post shows only half of the picture not the whole story. But is still remains that Deathstroke did beat batman. But batman's hands where tied.

Mainstream
Batman has been Shiva hand to hand one on one...let me guess Batman won because of "bad writting "right?

srankmissingnin
Shiva brought Cass back with a some mystic chi technique that took her three years to get ready for that she said she couldnt use again if she wanted to. Cass won because Shiva was weaken from some mystical chi crap and she got lucky on her win, it could have gone either way. Shiva in full health would pawn Cass just like at the start of that comic.

Onyx can land hits on Batgirl in hth so you know Batman can.

Mainstream
onyx...who is that?

demigawd
Batman never beat Shiva hand-to-hand. Batman was getting his ass kicked by Shiva until Robin knocked her down from behind, then Batman finished her off. Batman himself in the issue I cited, said he didn't beat her - why are you saying he did?

Even when Batman and Batgirl fought, Batman was running all over the city with her chasing, and he was using all his gizmos and gadgets and couldn't take her down. On some level it was sparring, but it didn't stop him from using his toys on her.

And how "committed" does Batman have to be to not get beaten into unconsciousness by Deathstroke? That excuse is BS - Batman is more committed to stopping crime than he is to being nice to a criminal. Batman fought him hard - his blows didn't hurt Deathstroke all that much. He was just outclassed. But looking at how Batgirl casually countered everything Deathstroke did, INCLUDING when he pulled a gun, how could you possibly argue that she did not have a better showing than Batman.

This is a mismatch in hand-to-hand. Everybody in the DCU knows it - including the two combatants themselves.

But I want to reiterate that if Batgirl ever went evil and Batman had to bring her down - he could do it. And not with all that much trouble, either. But not hand-to-hand...

srankmissingnin
You do know that Batman has fought Shiva more then once? You do know that Batman has fought Deathstroke more then once? You site one instance of Batman fighting each of them like he never fought either them other then those occasions.

The issue where Batgirl and Batman were fighting all around town, Batman didn't want to fight Cass (at least at the start of the fight) and it still was a draw. It could be argued that Deathstroke just underestimate Batgirl but really it was just a bad showing from him.

Max Spidey 24
He got a point there.

demigawd
Batman didn't want to fight Batgirl at first, but they both got completely caught up in it. So Batman with all his toys and basically ADDICTED to fighting her, still wasn't able to beat her. And that's with his toys. No way he's taking it hand-to-hand.

And yes, he fought Deathstroke and Shiva more than once. And it's ALWAYS been shown that Batman was outmatched without using some sort of sophisicated plan and lots of gadgets. What I posted is just one example where there was clearly an extended hand-to-hand battle. Everything was just typical Battricks - not worth posting because it's not relevant to the debate, which is who is a better hand-to-hand combatant.

Arachnoidfreak
6 times out of 10, Batman would win, based on experience alone. If Batgirl was as experienced as he was, I'd give the advantage to her.

And then Karate Kid materializes out of nowhere and hands both of them their asses on silver platters!

lifeisaglich
Batman is just as dangerous as either Lady Shiva and deathstroke. Is just that he chooses not to be. Because batman is at their level.

JWangSDC
Batman fan boys ruin the point.

Batman is NOT as good a fighter as Shiva or Batgirl. And batgirl is better than shiva.

Batman beat Lady Shiva in Superman Batman, but that was crap.

lifeisaglich
Batgirl is no where as good a fighter as Shiva. And besides if you are going by who is the best fighter (and not martial artist) it is going to be batman.

And ask for the fight between shiva and batman it seems to me that shiva was getting in more punches but batman was built to take those punches so one could call it a draw until robin came and tipped the favor.

Correct me if I am wrong it has been a while,
In this Superman/Batman wasn't batman wondering who was truly the better martial artist or fighter between him and shiva?

demigawd
Actually, I agree with both sentiments. Batgirl isn't as good as Lady Shiva, despite the fact that she defeated Shiva. People win fights sometimes and lose those same fights other times. It shows that Batgirl rivals Shiva, not that Batgirl is better than Shiva. A rematch is in order between the two. Keep in mind that Batgirl isn't nearly at her prime yet. A prime Batgirl will be a force to be reckoned with.

And I'd also say that Batman is a better *fighter* than them both, if by "fighter", you mean, "does what is necessary to defeat the opponent". Kinda like in Ong Bak, when the lead character fights that guy who throws chairs and TVs and bottles of beer and arcade machines at him. Batman is that guy. He uses what is at his disposal to win. Which is why I was saying that Batgirl would go down if she ever went evil. But in terms of hand-to-hand, Batman can't beat her.

I suppose you could call it a draw. Some people call Odin vs. Thanos a draw too...

radioboy121
Well, I guess he's somewhat like that guy you specified in Ong Bak, but far brighter and less direct. And Ting should haven't allowed that guy to do that much damage in the first place. Was it some macho thing for him to take it?

I haven't caught up with my Batgirl reading, but if she ever did lose her body language reading capabilities completely, she will be in trouble as when she lost this ability previously, Batman said she had shoddy defensive skills.

demigawd
She went without her body reading skills for awhile. She wasn't AS effective, but she was still very, very good. But that doesn't mean anything - her body reading skills are a part of her. The way sight is a part of us. Of course she would have a hard time without it, just like we wouldn't be good fighters if we were suddenly blind (though most of us are crappy fighters even with 20/20 vision, lol)

lifeisaglich
Yes I agree, batman has made clear time and time again that he does not fight for sport. He fights to put you down.

And Batgirl being at her prime will make little to know difference in a fight against shiva. Shiva is still going to win because of experience.

About the fight with batman and batgirl. Batgirl was doing a bit better than Batman in the physical aspects of it, but Batman obviously wasn't giving it his all on the physical side. He was more about controling the fight, directing it where he wanted to go, and making her do what he wanted her to do. Strictly based on physical skills, she might beat him. However, factoring in his mind, I doubt she'd last long if he really decided he wanted her down. If he wants to end the match quickly he uses gadgets.

demigawd
I can agree with that.

spetznaz
First of all it was one year not three. Shiva started to prepare herself after Cassandra agreed to fight her after a year. She even says so in the book - that the preparation took her one year.

Secondly Cassandra is the only person to have gotten that far with Shiva. Now, there are two other people that Shiva respects (and she respects them by letting them call her just Shiva instead of LADY Shiva). One of them is Richard Dragon, who she trained (and loved). The other is Batman, who she respected enough to agree to train Tim Drake (something she would nromally not even consider doing).
But Batgirl is the only one who has ever been a TRUE match for Shiva. And in a way Shiva sees her as some sort of quasi-daughter/sister.

Now, in the DC fighting hierachy (for humans) the top two are Shiva and Batgirl (with Shiva slightly being better than Cass). Then comes Richard Dragon (who used to be number one before Shiva). Then there are people like Master Kigiri and Batman taking up the next tier. And after that come people like Onyx and Ollie (yep, he can be bad news), with Tim Drake and Dick Grayson being oscillating somewhere here.

Now, Batman is better trained than Shiva in some respects. For example Shiva's signature act is the Leopard Blow (where she drives her fingers through an opponent's skull - basically impalling her fingers in their brain). Batman knows this skill as well, but he has taken it further to where he can use it and NOT kill a person. Shiva stopped at merely the killing part.
Batman also knows several killing methods from Kigiri, for example the Whispering Hand, which is a Chi attack that can stop someone's heart. Again, this is something Batman does not use.
He is also well versed in many pressure point attacks (just as Batgirl, Richard Dragon, and Shiva are), but Batman uses them for stunning opponents while the other 3 (although Batgirl is now using them like Batman) use them for killing moves.

Hence, Batman is no slouch. Unleashed, and not giving a darn about killing, he would be far better than he is now since he would not need to control himself.

However that would make him equal to Richard Dragon (who was one of the people who trained Bruce Wayne, and knows even more styles than Bruce's 127). Bruce would become a Richard Dragon in a cape and carrying gadgets.

But he would still be under Shiva and Batgirl!
The reason is that while Richard (vs Shiva) and Batman (vs Cass) are all great, the ladies have one thing the gents lack. The ability to PREDICT moves. Batman and Richard can READ moves instantly, and they have both been shown doing this while BLINDFOLDED, but the girls are able to read moves BEFORE they have been done.
That split second advantage is what makes the difference between a Shiva and a Dragon, and between a Cassandra and a Bruce.
Otherwise they are all similar in skill and ability, and in some ways Bruce is more knowledgeable than even Shiva (although Dragon knows all).

p.s: The fight between Shiva and Batman, the one in the Superman-Batman thing, is skewed. Shiva was being mind-controlled by Gorilla Grodd. It is different from fighting while with 100% of her mental faculties. And since you keep saying that Cassandra beat Shiva because she was tired from using Chi to bring Cassie back from the dead, you should be willing to accept that a mind-controlled Shiva would be similarly below form.

p.p.s: If Batman needed to take out Shiva and/or Batgirl, he could do it. Easily. He is the most dangerous human on DC earth. But if it only involved hand to hand fighting he woud find serious problems with Richard Dragon (he could only take Dragon if he decided to use his killing moves, and doing so would only make them equal), and he would be unable to defeat Shiva and/or Batgirl (because no matter how skilled he is they are as similarly skilled, PLUS have the ability to know what he is going to do before he does it).
That is a serious advantage.
It is like you being Superman, and having all his skills and attributes, and me being Superman as well, and having all the abilities ....but with the added ability to know what is going to happen before it happens. At our levels of power that one factor would be what would be necessary to win.

lifeisaglich
Now ask for the top fighter I disagree with you on that one. If you read on one of the earlier posts you will find what we mean about fighting. And this a person that will do anything to win. Now if you were talking about martial arts I agree with you.

And if batman decides to start killing people. Batman is going to move right to the top. He is not going to be on equal parting with anyone. Shiva and Batgirl have the predicting thing down but batman has the mass to absorb most of their punches sooner or later they are going to slip up and that is all batman is going to need. Because if batman starts killing people his effectiveness just increased another 100%.

The encounter superman-batman between Shiva and batman looks that way but what about their encounter in death in the family. That fight was a draw if you ask me because batman was not on the ground about to be chopped in half by shiva before the boy wonder decided that he needed his help. They were both engaged in an all out war before robin interfered.

namorsubby
i'm sure batman could do this if he really took off the kid gloves and stopped playing around

Q99
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
You do know that Batman has fought Shiva more then once? You do know that Batman has fought Deathstroke more then once? You site one instance of Batman fighting each of them like he never fought either them other then those occasions.

Still, Cass has a better win record against both. I think Bruce is something like one wins, four losses vs Slade, while Batgirl's at three draws (four if you count the time Vera mimiced Slade's skills). Two clear wins against Shiva for Cass and in all of Batman's encounters I think he's always needed aid to score wins, be it from Robin or mind control or something else.

I'll note that Batman was retreating a lot during that fight. That and an earlier match between them (where they fight for awhile, they stop and Bruce accuses her of not giving it her all... then he coughs up blood and smiles, he missed the winning blow) give the impression: Batman can hold against her for quite awhile but it's a degrading stalemate that he'll lose.

---

Throw in non-hand to hand, and it's the reserve. Batgirl's experience with Batman will allow her to avoid a fair number of tricks, but Batman knows this and will have a way to get her.

Batgirl's got no metagene, but a unique upbringing that makes her brain work differently is about as good.

namorsubby
deathstroke was tooling cass.......toying with her as if she wasn't even a threat

Zack M
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Batman would beat Cass in hand to hand.

I don't think so. big grin

You ever think about what would happen if you had to fight her, for real? Not sparring. The real deal?

Batman:

I'd lose

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o589/lupinw45/BVS_zpsa78kt2ar.jpg

cdtm
Good one, man.

There you go, right from the horses mouth. (Cue the "And Superman said Martian Manhunter is the most powerful being on Earth" rebuttle.)

JayDaDon
Its funny how this comes out RIGHT in the midst of all this Cassandra cain talk I've been noticing this week.

spetznaz
What's interesting is seeing how people posted in 2005 versus how they post now. Basically EVERYONE gave their opinion, and there was logic and debate. Nowadays you only get one word responses (e.g. 'Thanos'), then someone gives another one word response (e.g. 'Hulk') and based on that you then see people insulting each other over silly comic books. There has been a substantial devolution in the forum.

Vanguard
Originally posted by spetznaz
What's interesting is seeing how people posted in 2005 versus how they post now. Basically EVERYONE gave their opinion, and there was logic and debate. Nowadays you only get one word responses (e.g. 'Thanos'), then someone gives another one word response (e.g. 'Hulk') and based on that you then see people insulting each other over silly comic books. There has been a substantial devolution in the forum.

Wrong cool

Juntai
What's interesting is seeing how people posted in 2005 versus how they post now. Basically EVERYONE gave their opinion, and there was logic and debate. Nowadays you only get one word responses (e.g. 'Thanos'), then someone gives another one word response (e.g. 'Hulk') and based on that you then see people insulting each other over silly comic books. There has been a substantial devolution in the forum. Activity in general was much better, and often in threads back then people were sponges wanting to learn more from people who had read more, the whole environment was much better. Not perfect, but better.

tkitna
Back then, there wasn't a page like the one provided either that has Batman stating plainly that he would lose. That ends any kind of debating.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Its funny how this comes out RIGHT in the midst of all this Cassandra cain talk I've been noticing this week.

The more important question is: Can Batman knock out a bear?

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k32/ProZD2/Album%201/vlcsnap-5205592.jpg

basilisk
What's interesting is seeing how people posted in 2005 versus how they post now. Basically EVERYONE gave their opinion, and there was logic and debate. Nowadays you only get one word responses (e.g. 'Thanos'), then someone gives another one word response (e.g. 'Hulk') and based on that you then see people insulting each other over silly comic books. There has been a substantial devolution in the forum. Honestly most of the comics are so frustratingly bad these days that probably a lot of people just can't be bothered anymore. Why bother when there is so much inconsistency in characterization and showings from week to week, so much social justice stuff, inconsistent writing, crazy power levels etc.

As for this thread... Batman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.