Batman Beyond Return of the joker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

punkyhermy
man this movie sucked ass!!why is it even called "batman"it didn't have any batman as far as i'm concerned.and wat's that stupidly ridiculous kid terry doing hopping around builidings that look like they belong to the star wars era?!where is the goth?where are the witty memeorable lines from bats?where is the class?most of all where is batman?!!
the joker!u call that the joker!kiss ma shit!!!!!!that's not the joker!he didn't even PRETEND to be the joker.mark hamil,i love,mind u,but not in this movie!!!!
and that silly rock soundtrack?!!!batman and rock don't mix!!
and an old and fragile bruce wayne to top it all offf.he should be shaked from head to foot and screamed at "WHERE IS THE BRUCE WAYNE?WHat DID U DO TO HIM AND WHO THE HELL ARE U!"
throughout the film,there wasn't even a single action scene worth talking about.the only part that was worth mentioning is the joker timmy and harley quinn part.....that's it really...
bottomline is,i was thoroly disappointed.wat do u guys think?lov it hate it?why? sick

whatshisface
damn, realx... i thought batman beyond was a good concept. and of course bruce wayne is old. you didn't expect him to be young forever did you? the title itself says "batman beyond", meaning after bruce wayne... well, not really after 'cause he's not dead yet.

Darth Jello
you watched the censored version, try the pg-13 canadian DVD

punkyhermy
THERE IS ANOTHER VERSION OF IT?!

whatshisface
there is like a whole new spectre of cartoons when you turn 17.

punkyhermy
interesting...

Darth Jello
the pg-13 version is a lot more dark, with violence, language, and horrible images of robin being tortured. This is the real version, and BTW, there's a reason robin breaks down in the last encounter. Joker Wasn't killed by slipping on a puddle...

punkyhermy
oh...wow but then why didn't they just release the movie in that version?i mean i know it'll be kinda inappropiate for kids but what about the nedds and requirements of older batfans...?it's really not fair!

Darth Jello
geez, it's not like it's banned, just buy the uncut DVD. some of the stuff they censored is just stupid, like joker saying "bat-fart"

Daywalker
Slow down and pump your brakes roll eyes (sarcastic) ROTJ was an excellent film and the characters were well played. What did you want, a kid that acts exactly like Bruce? Or maybe old Bruce's brain transplanted to an android so he can remain as the Bat? The Lazaras pit?

Terry is a good character and they had to make him different or else we'd just be seeing Batman TAS all over again. It's a new era (the future, duh roll eyes (sarcastic) ) and i'm pretty sure that's why the buildings look futuristic and they do call the place new Gotham.

As much as Batman is my favorite hero in the known universe, he is only human (his best trait) and to see him grow old isn't that much of a shock. And the Joker? Hamill's performance was incredible and they were going for the more sinister maniacal side of the Joker so again, it all made sense. Oh and i'm sure Terry is going to be listening to the same music that Bruce afterall, we all love our parents' music.............not.

It's ok not to like something and I didn't like the concept of Batman Beyond at first but I really think you need to re evaluate this movie and the characters cool

Daywalker
They made their money off of me because I have both DVDs now. The uncut version is much better though. I can accept the way Joker knocked Batman down that stack of boxes in the uncut version.

Darth Jello
this movie needs a new abbreviation, ROJ or ROTJ is already taken, star wars fans. how bout R-JO?

Daywalker
I never stopped to realize that they had the same abbreviations, go figure. Technically, if you think about it, they're both the Return of Mark Hamill because he's both the jedi and the Joker. Now that's pretty clever.

Darth Jello
i love luke, but mark was born to play the joker.

Castor
ididnt he play the trickster on the flash series.

Daywalker
Yeah, I have to agree with you there. There's no other Joker voice like Hamill's

Daywalker
Indeed he did. Another great psychotic role for him. He's a real natural

Darth Jello
what do you think of his solomon grundy?

my top 3 modern day voice actors:
1.Billy West
2.John Dimaggio
3.Mark Hamill

VENOMfan
what about Hank Azaria?

and Mark hamill is the sh*t, he did a great wolverine

Darth Jello
eh, not as versatile, i've grown really sick of the simpsons, it should have ended in 97

SpyCspider
hehe..u can d/l the unrated version of RO Joker on kazaa lite.....

I must say it was quite disturbing....but all in all, a great film. I don't understand how Tim, who's portrayed as kind of square-headed and chubby could mold himself into looking like the slick angular-jawed Joker. Mebbe I missed something and will have to watch the movie again.

punkyhermy
wait the thing that aggravates me is not that they made brucey old,it's terry!!!!!he is ssssssssoooo annoying!!!!batman's legend and not every troublemaker can wear the mask and say "hey, i'm batman!" i hate terry!!!

ash007
Yes but this is the Batman in the future.
Because we know Batman ages so they have made a show which is set in the future.

The film was fantastic it was real good to watch

shaber
And McGuinness outsassed the Joker. Bruce Wayne couldn't.

punkyhermy
YES BRUCE COULD!!!!!!!
only, to let Terry shine, they made brucey old and weak!

shaber
Sorry Hermy, I meant 'outsassed' literally, as in outdoing the monster in witty and blistering repartee. Bruce is the strong silent intimidating type... the Joker must be fixated on him because they are so unlike in that sense.

In§anE
I miss Batman Beyond, the show. I loved the concept and it stuck to the whole batman image...Anyone else find terry's Girlfriend in the opening theme dancing in a short skirt hott??

LOL im not one for Henti but they do tease an upskirt every once in a while when she gets kidnapped.

Is the whole seasion DVD ever coming out??

ash007
Yeah i agree with Shaber in saying that Terry was able to defeat the joker because he acted more like him.

I mean the original Batman and joker were like Yin and yan they were completely different.
And when Terry started to act like the Joker i think it really freaked him out smile

agwe
hiiii, uhm, does anyone know where 2 find a good gallery 4 thsi movie? i just really wanna see some screenshots... can anyone help me?

Punkyhermy
uummm....I don't remember the name of the website

agwe
awwwww, that's 2 bad... well, i have no way of seeing this movie until tuesday and i'm just DYING 2 see it so usually in this situation i try 2 find out every detail about it (i love spoiling stuff 4 myself) and i've come across this robin thing... so far all i know is harley disguises herself, kidnaps robin 4 the joker who tortures him and stuff, makes him a joker thingy and tries 2 get him 2 shoot batman with a gun thing but instead shoots and supposedly kills the joker. i find this very interesting cuz i LOVE robin, so i was just wondering... could anyone tell me exactly how harley pulls off the kidnapping? wha'd she do, knock him out? ooooo i wanna know every detail about it! hehehe!!! *evil cackle*

Spiderman_RJ
is this movie before like a opening or after the beggining of the BB series? i never heard of it.

agwe
uhhhhm, i dunno.

Punkyhermy
It's somewhere in the middle acctually.It's supposed to establish Terry as the BATMAN ONCE AND FOR ALL.

Magee
-INTERUPT-

This movie was so lame, along with the whole show. Batman aint some punk kid in a high tech suit, its not a job anyone could do, maybe so in the future though, wich is why i hate that show. Batman aint sum guy in a suit with gadgets, only bruce wayne could be batman, he does it best and u can never replace that.

-RANTING CEASED-

agwe
yea, i agree. i don't think they should have had this terry thing. it would be better if bruce had a son or something that became batman, not some punk off the streets

Punkyhermy
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH U! eek!

agwe
i have a question... i dunno if there's a right answer, but anyway... when the joker kidnapped robin and stuff he said it was 2 start a "family" with harley. was that REALLY why he did it - to make a family - or did he only do it 2 get 2 batman?

Punkyhermy
To get it to Batman DUH!!!
Batman tells Harley in Mad Love.

"Wake Up Harleen. The Joker doesn't love anyone but himself!"

Joker1237
How true, how true,

agwe
stick out tongue ooo, okie. and i've read stuff bout "mad love"... but i 4get, was that a comic or an episode? a comic rite?

agwe
question... why was everyone so "omg! he killed someone (joker)" about robin killing the joker when batman was trying 2 kill him 2? like, in the beginning old bruce throws a bat-a-rang thing which cuts off a card-board (or something) two-face's head. and back in the flash back he throws a knife at the joker's head. were they only all "omg!" cuz robin, who's a kid, did it? even if that is, robin joined batman and batman would have had 2 expect something like it or something close would happen so..... eh.... confusing...

Punkyhermy
BATMAN DOESN'T KILL!!!!!!

Spiderman_RJ

agwe
but... he threw a knife... at joker's head... not knowing he'd be fast enough to duck and avoid it...

Joker1237
Well that depends, what edit thing you watch, lol,

court tribunal one was not the best.

The laughing Fish is.

There finney and Funny and all so delices, there joy and joyful Joker fish.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.