ROTS Anakin (dark) vs. NJO Luke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jedimaster2000
I guess this thread makes more sense than the "AOTC Yoda vs. NJO Luke" one since one of the combatants are evil and the other one is good and they'd have a reason to fight each other (not necessarily to the finish. They fight and one of the combatants disarms the other and tries to persuade the other to join him or something like that).

Anyways, who would win in the father vs. son match-up?

Darth_Nefarus
This one is probably the best matchup there could ever be. I would argue that the power advantage would go to Anakin, but Anakin would be filled with all sorts of confusion. If he couldn't kill his son after he became MECH Vader (when he was filled with much more hate) then I doubt he would have the will to do it then. however, he does choke Padme....

I think Anakin's inability to remain calm during ROTS would prevent him from winning.

Go Luke

Smasandian
Luke would win.
I might be wrong, but isnt Luke the most powerful Jedi?

Darth_Nefarus
Luke, at that point I'd say he is. But, Anakin in ROTS is the MOST powerful force-user ever. No one has the power that Anakin wields ever. Luke could still win however because Anakin never could keep a clear head as I believe I mentioned.

Darth_Janus
If Anakin was so powerful, why did he submit to Sidious again?

Darth_Nefarus
He joined Sidious to learn how to save Padme's life when the time came. He wanted to kill Sidious from the beginning and Sidious knew that.

Darth_Janus
I stand corrected. I didn't know that. I've refrained from learning too much about Episode III until I see it. Alright, I can see that.

Darth_Nefarus
Ahh, see I'm all aobut spoilers, so my apologies if I end up ruining too much.
Oops.

Darth_Janus
Eh, it happens. Just because I am resisting the dark side of spoilers doesn't mean others can't try and corrupt me.

Darth_Nefarus
Excellent.
SPOILER JUST FOR YOU
Obi-Wan is gay, and is in love with Anakin, and he kills Padme ahahahahahaha.
wow that is gross and i should not ever have booze

SnakeEyes
Okkkaaay...

sky shadow
lol

Darth_Nefarus
seriously though, anakin would prolyl just turn back

jackstain
He didnt kill luke as robot vader because he was on the verge of turning good, and was confused. That, plus he is MORE skilled as non-robot, with a lightsaber, maybe not as strong in the force, but....... point is, if he was mad, and didnt care about family ties.......luke would be owned!

SnakeEyes
thanks for pointing out the extremely obvious

jackstain
Wow somebody's jealous that a junior member(since thats so important in life) is smarter, and knows more about star wars. wow

SnakeEyes
How does my post show any jealousy whatsoever?

Darth_Nefarus
but if Obi-Wan could do it....
I think Luke could find a way.

SnakeEyes
I see this fight as going either way, no clear victor...

Darth_Nefarus
Well, Anakin, IMHO, is completely insane near the end of the film. he's already plotting to kill Palpatine, he kills his wife and he's willing to kill Obi-Wan.
I think Luke could win once Anakin made some stupid mistakes.

jedimaster2000
Yeah, I agree. It shows that despite ROTS Anakin fueled by the darkside is insanely powerful, he still had a few weaknesses, like his inability to remain focused, which is what costed him the fight with Obi-Wan and more than half his body. But NJO Luke, on the other side, was not only insanely powerful, he had virtually no weaknesses. I think Luke wins this one, it will be an awesome fight though.

SnakeEyes
The ONLY weakness for NJO Luke that I can think of is that he is physically in worse shape, (he is much older than ROTS Anakin), but I am not sure if this would affect the battle. Just observing...

jedimaster2000
Well Yoda and Dooku were both well into their ages, and they were jumping around like monkeys on crack. I'm pretty sure they were both still at their primes. I doubt age makes that much of a difference.

jackstain
lol^^nice way to put it

Darth_Nefarus
Luke's force potential and ability could easily lead him to like 150 years of life. So I doubt him being older would make it worse for him, but better.

Revan Darkstar
I'd actually have to say RotS Anakin. It is stated that he has the most midi-clorians ever, so his force powers would be off the charts, heck, he would break the charts. He also trained under Obi-Wan for many years, and Obi wasn't a slouch in lightsaber combat, Anakin must have picked up a thing or two. He also wouldn't have any clue that he was fighting his son, thus he wouldn't hold back and would attack. Lets not forget that by now he would have fought in the Clone Wars, which I think is the equal of the Vong War, he would also have owned Mace, Dooku, Grevious and several other Jedi. Also, Anakin trained for years under the old jedi order, Luke had to get all his knowledge from broken up texts, thus Anakin's extra knowledge, power and lack of remorse would make him an insane fighter.

jedimaster2000
I dunno man, you also have to make account for some of the weaknesses Anakin had. I doubt Anakin's had more knowledge of the force because even though Luke got his knowledge from broken up texts, he still got them. He had all the knowledge of the force by NJO. I think it has been stated before that Luke, by NJO, was the MOST powerful Jedi ever. So I'm still sticking with Luke...

Darth_Nefarus
Besides, if Anakin couldn't get the job done on Obi-Wan, Luke would surely defeat him.

Revan Darkstar
Anakin just lost to Obi-Wan because of his emotions, Kenobi distracted him and got lucky in my opinion, but you are right, he did win. However I do not think that Luke was the most powerful jedi ever, in the top ten for sure, but I don't know about #1. The duel could just go on for a VERY long time, which I guess Luke would win being more controlled and not wasting energy. Oh well, 50/50 chance for each of them

Darth_Nefarus
Really? Because considering who his father was, and what he was able to do in such a short amount of time, I'd say Luke becomes the most powerful Jedi ever. Just BARELY, and it is so close that it might actually be a tie, above Yoda.

The emotions in this duel would possibly be greater, because Anakin would be facing his son, another version of him. Only this version doesn't need all the power in the universe, he is content with learning and understanding. He would most likely make a mistake and Luke would stop him.

jedimaster2000
I agree, and I'm pretty sure that Luke IS the most powerful Jedi ever, definitely more powerful than Yoda.

Darth_Nefarus
If Yoda was more powerful, why did he hide all those years and wait for Luke? Because Yoda knew Luke was
A. the only one who could bring Anakin back
B. the only one who could bring the Jedi order back
C. the potential to be the most powerful force user ever

Darth_Janus
Then again, I wouldn't put too much stock into the little green guy's infinite wisdom. He sure as hell didn't see Palpatine or Dooku coming. And a whole clone army slipped past him, too.

Darth_Glentract
NJO Luke is the best in my opinion

Kun-ni Habeo
agree

Jaster Fett
Anakin would win, luke is good but Anakin has more midichlorians, which means better force power, and he also "rivals" yoda with the light saber now Luke is good don't get me wrong. But another thing to consider is that Luke had like a couple of days training with yoda, while anakin has like over 10 years of training, so no one thinks that could factor in at all? but THE CHOOSEN ONE would over power A NEW HOPE

Darth_Janus
It's Chosen, not Choosen. Choosen One sounds strangely primitive. I find your caps to be a bit uncomfortable to read. If you need to make a point, try italics or markers like -this-.

Now, midi-chlorians mean jack all in combat. Obi Wan probably had less of those things in his blood. Guess what? He beat Anakin at Mustafar. Dooku had less Force potential than Anakin in AOTC. Guess what? Dooku handed him his ass on a plate. High midi-chlorian count is not a free ticket to any and all whupass available. Try thinking instead of parroting for your next vote.

Jaster Fett
hey give me a break its my first day and the question was about Luke and anakin not about dooku or obi so how about you just give up trying to over analyze everything?

Fishy
How about you do that too, you can't just say that one will win without anything to back it up... Give some real reasons instead of just "He's the chosen one" It makes no sence

Kun-ni Habeo
fishy has the point

Jaster Fett
ok well i didn't mean oh he would wins because he's "the chosen one" i was just using that like as like a nickname anakin = "the chosen one",
luke = "a New Hope" so from now on ill just say there regular names so no one gets confused and testy ok? And i did give reasons, i said luke had minimal training while anakin has like 10 years so wouldn't that factor in a little? And so your say someone who has 10 midi-chlorians is just as good as someone with a million?

Fishy
Would the guy with a million never had any training and the guy with 10 years of training and experience then yes...

Well okay maybe a million is over the top and 10 is really low, don't really know about that though have no idea how important those little buggers are...

Darth_Janus
Hm. No, that's quite a stretch. but there's a certain distinction between skill, knowledge and ability, and raw potential. It would be like saying a teenager with two blades is gonna whup any adult with one. It's not always the case. Personally, I don't think midi-chlorians are explained enough to even be a rational point in versus threads. It reminds me eerily of power levels in DBZ. Ew.

Jaster Fett
ok well we can agree luke and anakin both had raw potential? But you can't compare lukes skill, know, and ability to anakin. Because were talking about more than a decade of know, learning of skill, and ability compared to what luke learned in such short time, also do you think that the training programs and equipment make a diffence?

Darth_Janus
They would make a difference, I agree. But temperment is what makes this battle in Luke's favor.

Jaster Fett
Alright well then answer this what was anakin or vaders top form when was he at the top of his game so to speak? in your opinion

Darth_Janus
Well, as Vader in the sequels, he had much more self control and knowledge that he lacked as a headstrong padawan who went bad. And while Anakin as he fell was able to defeat many Jedi and even Count Dooku, it was still raw, uncontrollable power that very nearly broke his mind. Obi Wan was able to out manuever him and defeat him.

NJO Luke, on the other hand, was older and calmer. More collected. And just as powerful as his pops in the Force.

Jaster Fett
OK well let me ask you this as a hypothetical question if obi never fought him and he was still total human besides his robot hand and he learn everything like he did some sidious he would be much more powerful then Luke right? i mean you gotta agree on that?

Darth_Janus
Yes, but it's not the run of this thread. It's fallen ROTS Anakin. Return of the Sith, episode III.

Jaster Fett
ya i know but i just wanted to make sure me and you could defintely agree on something

Darth_Janus
lol! It sometimes seems like I'm stubborn. it's cuz I am. But I listen to things that makes sense, even when I don't want to. If Annie had his full potential, he'd lay the smack down on Luke's ass, NJO or not.

Darth_Glentract
I hope that you dont really bielieve that.

Darth_Nefarus
ROTS Anakin, at the peak of his darkside powers, would lose to JNO Luke or submit because
He could never kill his own son, and Luke's powers at that point would enable him to outlast Vader.
In a HARD fought victory.

jackstain
wow in the beginning of this i was like smokin rock or sumthing, anakin would get owned.

i thought it said ROTJ luke for sum reason

Darth Mantis
Luke.

Darth_Nefarus
jackstain, lay off the rock maen

Kun-ni Habeo
luke
lol

jackstain
-twitches- im thinkin on cuttin back.

Darth_Nefarus
crack is whack!

Kun-ni Habeo
lol

Darth_Glentract
NJO Luke had atleast 20 years of training by NJO through holocrons, Jedi who survived the Purge, Librarys, non-Jedi force users. Some examples of the Jedi who survived the Purge is that one in suspended anamation who died helping evacuate the Academy at Yavin 4.

spoilers

During EP3 Anakin would not hold back against NJO Luke, considering he killed Padme.

Darth_Nefarus
I guess that is true, but NJO Luke is much wiser and more powerful than Obi-Wan so he could surely find a way to win.

jackstain
i was just thinkin......

imagine if luke was trained from birth...by like, yoda.

imagine how effin more powerful he wuld be. I wuld have liked to see that.

Lord Mader
its NJO LUKE he beat vader in rotj. Whatm akes u think luke wouldnt win? Well im not sure wat is njo but luke in the future can do flipping tricks like yoda i saw it in a video game. Jedi OutCast

jackstain
NJO Luke would stomp out pretty much anyone you can think of...ever....at his peak.

Darth_Nefarus
ROTS Anakin(Dark) would just be his toughest battle

jackstain
toughest, yes. but i mean luke wuld still win.

Darth_Nefarus
Of course. But that would be super rough on Luke

Fishy
Arn't you the one that agreed with GL when he said Anakin was the most powerful ever? And thus making him beat everybody, even NJO luke?

Darth_Nefarus
Yes, and no.

Anakin in ROTS is the most powerful darksider ever, and NJO Luke is the king of the light.

Luke by NJO reached the level of power Anakin would have reached, had he stayed on the light. I argue that Luke would be better than even ROTS Anakin, therfore he would win. I mean, Obi-Wan lucked out, but NJO Luke would outclass Anakin

jackstain
no no no no no no no.

GL said Anakin is the most powerful....UNTIL luke comes along.

hello?

Fishy
But GL says Anakin is the most powerful EVER...

That means he is more powerful then Luke, by your own rules Luke could not possibly win. No matter how much training he receives, no matter how many people he fights. No matter how many Jedi and Sith he manages to kill at once.

It doesn't matter if he can kill the entire senate on Coruscant with just one move of his hands, it doesn't matter if he can blow up stars. It doesn't matter if he has never been challenged or faced a 1000 Sith at the same time. Just doesn't matter he will never ever be able to beat Anakin. You said so yourself... Why argue with GL's unbeatable logic?

Fishy
Originally posted by jackstain
no no no no no no no.

GL said Anakin is the most powerful....UNTIL luke comes along.

hello?

Why do these quotes always change?

jackstain
ITS NEVER CHANGED!!

i said before this argument started that anakin was the most powerful UNTIL luke. so u cant say i changed it, i am sayin what i said from the beginning.

Fishy
Where did you get that quote from anyways? I want to see this oh so famous quote that decides everything too

Kun-ni Habeo
NJO luke culd probably win cuz he draws hes strength from the light side of the force lol

Darth_Janus
lol... Fishy, stop riling the Lucasists... Their's is a fragile, ever changing religion.

jackstain
so is suckin weiner, but it hasnt stopped you yet J man

ur ma boy blue! Happy Dance

Fishy
Actually now that i have seen Wanderers post all that you just said pretty much became incredibly worthless and a waste of time

Kun-ni Habeo
lol

jackstain
shut the F*** up

Fishy
Why? because you are wrong?

Darth_Janus
Ad hominem. Personal Attack. Disqualified.

Darth_Nefarus
Fishy, you said by my own rules I lose, not so.
I've already admitted that Obi-Wan wins, but he's less powerful than Vader. NJO Luke could do the same.

And yeah, let's not attack one another, it's all opinion even if you are a fat head like Janus
just kiddding buddy

Darth_Janus
My head is not fat.

It's big boned. Ass...

lol

Bobafett34
luke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.