MYERS vs.VOORHEAS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

moivie man
Who thinks there should be a Friday the 13 VS halloween

hh?
i think both series are garbage.

no wait...

i KNOW both series are garbage.

dean7879
friday the 13th is garbage
halloween is brilliant

SlipknoT
Friday the 13th 1,2,3,4,6,8 good
Halloween 1,2 good

Halloween SERIES < Friday the 13th SERIES

RZA
I always thought Myers & the Halloween series was a bite off of Jason & Friday the 13th anyway.

That being said I think the real question is who would win in a fight?...Oh wait sorry wrong forum big grin

Cinemaddiction
Myers & Halloween a ripoff of "Friday the 13"? That's not even chronologically possible. "Halloween" was made 2 years before "Friday", in addition, when Jason was introduced as the bad guy, "Halloween" already had 2 movies under its belt.

They are nothing alike, as if that weren't already obvious enough. I mean, wearing a mask and being silent, sure, but that goes all the way back to "Phantom of the Opera", you know?

As for the movie idea, no thanks. These two franchises have really strict storylines to adhere to, and I don't see how they could find a common ground.

tabby999
yeah, god forbid a friday movie have a stupid plot line, and after the masterpiece of Halloween 3 i dont think the makes of halloween could consider a wacky storyline or two wink

nancy_englund
next to my love of freddy, is my admiration for micheal myers. i enjoyed all of the movies. even H20 wasn't that bad. im sick of the first two, and frankly what the **** was up with the third... the only good parts in that movie was when the couple were shacked up in the motel and he was drinking. that was the best scene.
i don't like jason much... (the first one was good {check out "bloody murder"})
really i have no standing on my theroy that micheal would win, just that i like him better.
over.

Wolfie
There's already Freddy vs. Jason. Jason doesn't need to fight another horror icon. And as C-Dic said, there really isn't any common ground between the two.

RZA
All I can say is that at least the Jason series had enough common sense not to cast actors like 'Busta Rhymes' and 'Tyra Banks"....ughh... and on top of that he was kicking Michael's ass in the movie...*sigh*...ridiculous... roll eyes (sarcastic)

The only thing I can think of that was that bad in the Jason series is the one where he went to New York....ughh...bad idea.

Wolfie
That and the copycat of Part 5. Jason X was bad enough to be humorous.

RZA
^^I never saw that atrocity known as Jason X, I don't even consider it as part of the series, for the following reasons...completely different production team and director for that movie, even the actor that played Jason turned down that crap, also it was after his death, so obviously these douche bags who had no story whatsoever and wanted to bring him back somehow decided, oh well let's have him in space, yeah that makes sense...ridiculous. As far as I'm concerned that was 'JINO' Jason in name only. Btw, I heard from my friends who saw it that it was hilarious, so I think it was suppose to be a comedy. They're die hard horror movie fans, but I refused to see this crap.

I remember them telling me there was a scene in the movie where Jason kills these two girls after they tell him they believe in pre-marital sex... laughing out loud ....I'm not sure how accurate that is cuz again I never saw it. I did see 'Leprecaun in space' tho...that was pretty hilarious also.

As far as the Halloween series goes if you're referring to the copycating that Halloween has done off of Friday the 13th series then I agree with you. While we're on the subject how many times does Jamie Curtis have to be in these movies? Not that I'm complaining too much mind you but how many times does she have to die and when will people learn not to go to that house anymore.

Dude, you see my sig, now ask yourself how come Mike Myers isn't involved in something like that?

Answer: Cuz nobody gives a flying **** about him. He's the least popular of the three. That's why they always have to do the same repetitive crap with him, cuz nobody wants to get involved with anything new. At least Jason in space was an original idea, just like having him fight Freddy. So where's Mike, nowhere cuz nobody cares. thumb down

nancy_englund
RZA
your looking at this wrong.
friday the 13th had its fair share of "stars' in it. they were prolly not from your generation is all... does no one remember cory fieldmen, who actually wasn't killed.
over.

'

BREN
i dont know if u guys have heard of a swedish (i think it was ) short movie called the resurection of michael myers,its gory and real funny has jason,freddy,leatherface and michael killin ppl in an hospitall and hi 5 ing each other after the best kills,hillarious stuff,just checked it out on imdb i actually have a copy of parts 1 and 2 back in the uk smile
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0372494/

nancy_englund
good bren, thanks im going to look for that for my collection! appreciate the heads up!
over.
ps. sorrya bout the space in my last comment, my enter button went crazy on me and now it won't let me edit the length of it. ha ha

SlipknoT
laughing out loud That movie sounds awsome

Wolfie
First, there was a new director for each F13. Steve Miner is the only director to direct more than one of them (Pts 2&3). Freddy revived Jason in FvJ. That's how he's alive in Jason X. You just don't see it right away due to FvJ coming out two years after Jason X.

Yeah, when New Line took over the F13 franchise, they made it more obvious of the horror movie rules: smoke and have sex, you die. Hence the two topless chicks in Jason X.

I think the reason Michael isn't mixed up with these two is because there are still Halloween movies being made. The ANOES and F13 franchises are done so it's okay to have them meet.

RZA
Wow, that sounds badass, thanx for the heads up dude. thumb up

RZA
Who the hell is Corey Feldman?...(j/k)... laughing out loud

My generation? What exactly do you mean by that? Do you know what my generation is? Don't be fooled by the Avy, I'm older than u think wink

And what is it exactly that I'm looking at wrong again? confused

RZA
Yeah, you're right I remember Freddy's claw grabbing Jason's mask at the end of 'Jason goes to hell', so they were planning FvJ all along. But remember I didn't see JX, so I'm still not sure how that worked in that movie.

They were topless!? omg_smilie No wonder my friends went to see that crap, they forgot to mention that. shifty

They're still making more? Why? Is there even still a demand for it? isn't it a bit anti-climatic at this point?

hh?
RZA!!!

GZA!!!

Ol' Dirty Bastard!!

Inspectah Deck!

Raekwon The Chef!!

U-God!!

Ghostface Killah!!!

and...

laughing out loud

sorry stick out tongue

wu tang= one of the best old school hip hop. thumb up

back on topic

halloween series > friday 13th series

nancy_englund
yes.
snoop dog, (dear god)
zsa zsa gabor (twice)
vanity (heh heh)
cortney cox (hight of fame)
jamie lee's mom (??)
and get this, can anyone tell me what old dective show had the actual house from "psycho" make an apparence?
lol.
everyone cops out.
over.

SlipknoT
Wu Tang are one of the few hip hop qroups I like.

Azrael01
Wu Tang and rap suck
But anyway where can you get a copy of the resurection of micheal myers movie
I liked Halloween up until the third movie after watching that piece of crap I couldn't stomach the rest of them especially H20

nancy_englund
jamie lee,
i know of
holloween ets.
prom night,
some murder movie on a train can't recall name.
anyone know of more?

if micheal is the same as jasion at least he wasn't that way b/c he was too ugly and 'tarted to care about when he was a kid, its b/c he he was crazy on hollowe'en (bonus points) he offed his sister. bad to the bone, not wimped into mass murder.
i think ive lost my point.
over.
(thank got i have no kids)

RZA
That's pretty good you probably named more than most people could, the last two u were missing were Method Man and Masta Killa. How could you forget Meth? Tical!!!

And yes they were drafted by the Asian delegation during the racial draft. laughing out loud

'You damn right!!!!'
http://img155.exs.cx/img155/3961/chef80yw.gif

RZA
True dat....true dat thumb up even Rock fans like us can appreciate a good group like them and know good hip hop when we here it walkmanrock

*gives SlipKnoT daps*

RZA
Whoa!!......take it easy there buddy....you sound like you're gonna... blowup

And as far as gettin your hands on that there DVD, I would try the obvious sites first..Amazon, Ebay, Half and the not so obvious ones DVDs4less...etc...etc.

Jennifer_Tilly
Michael would win! Jason may be bigger then mike but Michael is smarter then Jason.

dean7879
jason is scum..just a myers clone

mr-savonty
jasons a blastard! he licks his decapitated moms clit...no chance against mikey myers, i ****in' don't need this do i?! BASTARDS!

dean7879
laughing out loud

wishmaster
no im getting bored of thies vs movies and it will end like fvj (freddy vs. jason) none of them will die and plus jason sucks ass long live freddy

dean7879
freddyrock

Azrael01
Freddy would kick jason and micheal myers ass as they are just mindless killers.

tabby999
so what. Myers is apparently human, even with that "the thorn" shit in the third movie, Jason or Freddy could whip him. and as we saw in Freddy Vs Jason, without the writers pulling bullshit excuses from their arse's, there no way freddy could take jason. its obvious when you look at it logicly who would win

Adam_PoE
As I stated in a similar thread, it depends on the continuity in question:

Halloween, Halloween II, Halloween H20: Michael Meyers is mortal.

Halloween, Halloween II, Halloween 4, Halloween 5, Halloween 6: Michael Meyers is supernatural.

Friday the 13th parts 2-4: Jason Voorhies is mortal.

Friday the 13th parts 6-8: Jason Voorhies is undead.

tabby999
then in 9 hes got some supernatural shit going on, then in 10 he becomes a :: shudders :: cyborg. then in Freddy Vs. Jason hes back to being plain old undead jason.

Adam_PoE
I do not consider Jason Goes to Hell and Jason X part of the Friday the 13th franchise.

tabby999
why not, they're both legit, sure they're stupid (i do like Jason x though) but that dosn't mean they're not in the franchise. if you thought stupid movies shouldn't be in the franchise there would only be 2 NOES movies and the original Halloween

Adam_PoE
Freddy's Dead and Wes Craven's New Nightmare may have Freddy Krueger in them but they are not part of the A Nightmare On Elm Street franchise continuity speaking. The same is true of Jason Goes to Hell and Jason X in regards to Friday the 13th.

tabby999
true, but then you'd have to count out Jason X too because it dosn't have a begining that links to 9 or 8

nancy_englund
myers
over.

tabby999
ooops, sorry adam_poe, you mentioned Jason X, oh and nancy, myers has nothing on either freddy or jason, hes mortal (apparently)

FEDFAN316
i think that mike would win cause hes scarier,and also he doesnt have any weaknesses,jason does

tabby999
i'm pretty sure being mortal while fighting an immortal qualifys as a weakness

Azrael01
myers is mortal but he had a satanic ritual performed when he was a baby so. So is really hard to kill and really strong though I guess he's possesed or something.

Kento
He had a satanic ritual performed on him as a baby? I always wondered why he went psycho since I ain't seen any of his movies besides H20 which either sucked cause it was cut for t.v. or that just made it suck worse, and Halloween Ressurection or whatever it's called which sucked but had one funny part...

FEDFAN316
no his mom did something and made him come back to get revenge and he can never die.thats why in Jason X he survived being sucked into space

Adam_PoE
Jason Goes to Hell contradicts all the previous Friday the 13th films. That is why I do not consider it as part of that continuity.

tabby999
yeah good point.
and as for the satanic ritual, in Haloween three they bring in the "thorn" some mystical magical bullshit. either way, Myers might be hard to kill, thats all nice and fun, but JASON IS IMMORTAL! weigh up the survivability someone who is hard to kill against someone who cannot die. as i said before, its not brainsurgery

Adam_PoE
Halloween 4 is the first film which contends that Michael Meyers is a supernatural being.

In any case, a battle between Michael Meyers and Jason Voorhies comes down to "supernatural" versus "undead". That being the case, I do not see one with a clear edge over the other.

FEDFAN316
i still say mike...he's also immortal dudes!!!!

tabby999
as stated before, it depends on what edition of myers you talk of, they make him mortal, then immortal, then mortal again

uglyman
freddy was a perv and got killed by the parents and that made him who he is.
jason was retarded and saw his mother killed and that made him crazy.
but michael was born evil, has no rhyme or reason as to why he kills so as far as i can see micheal is the most immortal (if that makes sence) as he isnt after revenge like the other two.
michael wakes up puts on his william shatner mask painted white grabs a knife and kills, kills, kills

tabby999
what as aposed to jason who does some gardening and bakes some cookies and kills people when he gets a chance? all he does is kill.

uglyman
yeah but thats cause hes got his mother telling him to kill.
but he did keep a very nice house with a room for his mum

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.