Dimmu Borgir

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SlipknoT
They are slowly becoming my favorite Black metal band. I Love them. Death Cult Armegeddon is a great album. I like how they mix metal and classical.

room #99
i like them too i think they are more melodic blakc mixed with extreme symphonic metal.

StinkFist462
i got Death Cult Armegeddon , i love it

SlipknoT
yea

Norma Jean
I think they are more classic black cult metal with a some death extreme core riff rock and a hint of some melodic satan-esque industrial metally-black charcoal metal.

Norma Jean
With some pop too.

Norma Jean
And a little bit of classic violin concertos.

SlipknoT
Pop? How do you think Pop is in there?

Norma Jean
laughing I was kidding. I've never even listened to them before.

Alpha Centauri
Doesn't that sound a bit...I dunno...like they're trying too hard?

Death Cult Armageddon?

Sounds like they just threw together 3 words to create a satanic image.

-AC

Norma Jean
laughing Yeah. It's like "Evil Demon Destruction Pig Squishing Decapitation!" rock

Alpha Centauri
Kinda ruined it with the word 'squishing' but it's fine to join in.

-AC

loserib
they are good saw them last year

room #99
i heard thier vocalist has a PHD i cant recall in what, i just loved thier ex drummer i forget hos name he was so good.

SlipknoT
Oh

Filth
They rock! rock

mr.smiley
i did listen to them until i found out they were racist.

Darth Revan
They're not bad, and that "Death Cult Armageddon" thing could probably be at least partially attributed to the fact that English isn't their first language wink

SlipknoT
Really? Where did you hear that?

mr.smiley
well of buddy of mine was getting into them and a guy he worked with (who loves death metal and loved dimmu borga)
said he listened to them until he found out they were racist.
I'm not exactly sure were the statement came from but i've herd at least five other people say this so I take it with truth even though it possibly might not be true.
It could have possibly been a mistranslation from german or something but I will no longer support them until this is cleared up

loserib
you sure you are not confussing proud of being white as racism?

SlipknoT
Maybe just one of themembers is, but even still if they are they make great music and I'll continue to listen to them.

SlipknoT
rock

finti

finti
oh and the took their name Dimmu Borgir from a volcanic rock formation on Iceland Dimmurborgir (black fortress)

loserib
they are odenist

finti
Odinist, the religious faith of the Norse Mythology

Aini
...I heard, they're pop for real black metal fans...

finti
so you just take whatever that is fed you for being the truth without bothering checking out he facts first?

SlipknoT
Vredesbyrd is an awsome song, even though I cant understand it

waspluver
they r dark whats not 2 like!!! rock

evil_made_flesh
they are a excellent band but they were so much better back in the early nineties when they more extreme where as now they seemed to have toned down as theyve got more and more popular.

mr.smiley
no i don't belive everything i hear but the people i herd it from were reliable sources and i just want to make sure

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.