Metallica VS Megadeth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hydrokronic
Who would win in a battle of the bands competition, I think Megadeth would win cause they for 1 sound a lot better, and 2 metallica are sell outs, all they wanna do is become famous and sound like shit, all they care about is the money not the true meaning to playing music, megadeth should be #1 and those sell outs metallica should be in hell, not to mention the original singer who started metallica got kicked out of his own band in the first place, metallica are nothing without megadeth.

room #99
I dont think they want to become famous.THEY ARE FAMOUS ENOUGH!

and who is that original singer you are talking about ? ive allways known hetfield being the singer for metallica and dave mustaine was the guitar player! and he got kicked out because he was a drunk.

But i have to say megadeth lasted to be the better band! thier latest albums are much better then metallicas latest albums,but if we are going to compare the bands since the start Metallica will own megadeth simply because of MASTER OF PUPPETS AND RIDE THE LIGHTNING

Dave mustaine is a better rythemist then james hetfield but a worse vocalist

Blind-Enemy
first , you need a serious metal history lesson before you post anything...

true, but what about RUST IN PEACE , i know is only one album but it stand tall again those two

i have ages saying that , but most of my friends are too stupid to realisemad ... Mustaine riffs are more complex and better crafted

Alpha Centauri
"Dave mustaine is a better rythemist then james hetfield but a worse vocalist"

It's rhythm guitarist, not rythemist, or whatever that was.

Hahaha....and you claim to know about guitarists. Mustaine is nowhere near the level of James Hetfield, no rhythm guitarist is.

-AC

dean7879
i like more megadeth songs..metallica are great too but i have to say megadeth

room #99
What is exactly your problem ? do you just have to focus on stupid details to get noticed ? does it really matter if i said rhythmist ? does it change the meaning of what i said ? NO. and yes i know about guitarists CUZ i know dave is a better player then james.Any metallica/Megadeth fan knows that, and if you think otherwsie i will just know that you never really listend to Megadeth! or that you cant tell who's really better, or that you have a different opinion (----- which in this case i dont give a shit about your opinion.

Still Metallica is overall the better band!

OB1-adobe
Metallica #1 all the way

Fave Albums and "Releases" (In order)

1. Load/Reload (1 big album in my opinion)
2. Master of Puppets
3. ...And Justice for All
4. Ride the Lightning
5. Kill'em All
6. Metallica
7. Binge and Purge
8. Garage Inc.
9. S&M
10. Garage days
11. St. Anger

Megadeth

1. Youthanasia
2. Rust in Peice
3. Peice Sells
4. System has Failed
5. Countdown to Extinction
6. Risk
7. Rude awakening
8. Cryptic Writings
9. Killing is my Buisness
10. The world needs a Hero
I don't KNow. Megadeth has some great shit, but I think Metallica has more Great shit. They are hell lot more fun to see live, not like Megadeth that just stands there while playing. I think Dave Ellefson, though probably a really cool guy, is the biggest pussy on the Bass guitar, and major "YES SIR" to Dave Mustaine. Though Kirk Hammett is a little like that, but at least he has more personality and is not such a dweeby nerd as Ellefoson. Sure Mustaine is Better at guitar, but I don't care and that is where my opinion lies.

Metallica has been more of a band, and have basically stuck together.
All of them have contributed.

Megadeth is Like, 1 guy. Sure, Friedmen, Menza, Gar, Poland, Degrasso, and them other cats have contributed. But at the end of the day its all about Dave Mustaine, and if you don't like it then your out of the band. And that is just Gay to me. Sure that is the same to what happened between Newsted and Hetfield, but c'mon, Mustaine is ridicoules about that shit.

Alpha Centauri
What's with all this "Mustaine is better on guitar" stuff?

He's not better than Kirk and certainly not better than James.

-AC

room #99
Because he is better on guitar roll eyes (sarcastic)

though i like kirks playing more then Dave's, Dave handles the guitar better!

OB1-adobe
Metallica has way more memorable songs. And they are very causious about their albums not sounding all the same and I like that. Regardless who is the better muscian. Though I think Metallica has had way better Bass players.

2 songs on Youthanasia start out like exactly the same, "youthansaia" and "Black Curtains"

Alpha Centauri
Mustaine is not a better guitarist that Kirk.

To say he's better than James is laughable. Hilarious and possibly gutbustingly funny.

Besides, they're two different guitarists and Mustaine plays one style.

Mustaine could never play the stuff Hetfield plays. Battery, Master of Puppets, Blackened, Disposable Heroes. Nobody could make rhythm like that besides him. More to the point, the reason why James is better is because he came UP with that music. Regardless of whether Mustaine could play it or not, he could never come up with it.

-AC

room #99
Ya metallica had the betterr albums, but in later years in my opinion megadeth had better albums.

the system has faild is easily better than St.anger in every way! and who says otherwise in my opinion is unbelieveably clueless

Alpha Centauri
"the system has faild is easily better than St.anger in every way! and who says otherwise in my opinion is unbelieveably clueless"

Yeah but Master of Puppets is better than any Megadeth album. Kinda balances out.

-AC

room #99
i think you can see i have said that master of puppets is the best album if you read what i said!

It seems your out of things to say,Because i was comparing the system has faild and St.anger as being the two bands latest albums and latest forms of sound,and yet you had to bring up master of puppets which was not in comparisson here! Since its an old metallica.

Alpha Centauri
I wasn't attacking you. I was just saying in relation to your comment.

Chill out.

-AC

Korri
Can i just say what pointless jibberish this thread is built on... sleeping

Firstly, Megadeth would not exsist if it wasnt for Metallica... Maybe if Dave Mustaine hadnt been such a f.uckwhit to begin with then he may have still been in the band, to be quite honest its probably best that he was kicked out...he was a violent drunk and needed a boot up the arse to get himself sorted out. So all this bitterness that Mustaine has been dwelling on for the past 20 years is all down to one person....himself.

Megadeth are an ok band in his defense, he is a good guitariast and i have been to see them before, they put on a good show but his attitude towards Metallica is so pathetic.

Maybe if he would shut the f*ck up and stop moaning about the past he would actually get somewhere.

oh and room #99, its you that seems to have the problem not AC, he is only airing a point of view and just because you dont agree with what he is saying doesnt mean that you have the right to loos the place with him.

Blind-Enemy
there's no doubt about that ... Dave Mustaine's leads sucks!

that's true , but if go that way Megadeth always had a better drummer, but i dont think that's the question in here

early Metallica and Megadeth shared alot of similarites on their style of playing ... plus Mustaine did write alot of songs of Kill em' All , Metallica stole the Four Horseman from him , that's not secret about it.

Hetfield's riffs tend are more chatchy and with better hooks , while Mustaine's are more complex and maybe not every body seems to like them.

i have a Metalllica tribute CD , where Megadeth plays Battery , and they did perfectly , flawless ...though is not the same as the original , i know , but the production on the Megadeth version was better hence it sounded better wink

Blind-Enemy
roll eyes (sarcastic)

room #99
Well he is the one who quoted me first.. i was minding my own bussines just so you know. Then i had to reply and i guess he didnt like i that fact that the peoplle who posted on this thread agreed that Dave is a better guitar player. does not matter anyway it is his opinion.

and another thing this thread is not about hate Daves hate for metallica,we all know he hates them and that is stupid and i hate the that he whines about that.

This is about the better band,Which is Metallica,But The better RYTEHM GUITARIST ( did i type it right alpha ? ) is without a doube Dave Mustaine!

OB1-adobe
If this whole debate is comparing the 2 based on their last albums, that is pretty pathetic.

You need to look at the whole picture.

Besides, Megadeth is basically broken up now

Blind-Enemy
Megadeth's always been Dave's show , never a full band ... right he has a new line up and is on tour , so i think they're broke

Alpha Centauri
Don't make spelling mistakes and then asked me if it's correct, doesn't make me look bad. Makes you look worse.

ANYWAY, I don't think Mustaine's riffs are complex at all. Certainly not more complex than Hetfield's. Technical ability doesn't equate to being a better guitarist, what you put out does. Hence why James is better.

Room, stop saying the better guitarist is without a doubt etc. It's your opinion.

-AC

room #99
ya we did look at the whole picture and we agreed Mtallica is the better band.

i just wanted to say that in the latter years Megadeth still were great and metallica went downhill thats all, my own personal opinion.

TWelling4Ever
i'd say metallica. i don't know the other band... embarrasment

room #99
you see alpha,you point to details that dont really matter to the subject. sad

Blind-Enemy
Hetfield being a better guitarrist is your opinion , as room and me thinks is Mustaine ... it seems you keep puting James on some kind of pedestal or something

Alpha Centauri
What the? When?

You made a point of saying "Did I spell it right?".

Don't bring stuff up then moan at me.

-AC

Korri
I would have said this is the perfect thread for that.. laughing out loud

Korri
I have heard that cover...you are taking the piss right?

Blind-Enemy
i didnt say Megadeth's version was better , just better produced , thought Mustaine voice was awful as always

Korri
yeah that kinda ruins it completely.

Blind-Enemy
i always thought that if Mustaine had a better voice he would be a killer frontman

Korri
and if he want such an ass...

OB1-adobe
Megadeth gets boring after a while.

I could listen to metallica albums from Kill'em All through St. Anger twice over and still enjoy it.

Korri
who is that little dannish man? eek!

SlipknoT
Metallica

MaggotCorps
Metallica beats Megadeth by a mile!

Korri
Sammy Korri want Mergy cry

MetallicaT
laughing funny stuff, before you post shit like this make sure you know what ur talkin about

i like megadeth a lot, but metallica is far superior

loserib
Megadeth Smashes all over Nutallica they have way better song compistions and Dave does not sound like a Cuntry singer
play metallicas 4 horseman and megadeths Mechanics and you can hear who is better

Blind-Enemy
is the same song and it was written by Dave

loserib
i know its the same song and its the perfect example of why megadeth smashes all over metallica listen to them back to back and you can tell what bands has the better musicains

Alpha Centauri
Nobody "smashes" all over Metallica at their best, lets not get in the deep end without a lifering here.

James Hetfield is the greatest rhythm guitarist ever. Kirk is by far the better lead than Dave. I don't see where you get the idea that Megadeth are better when even Dave admits that they are band number 2 out of the......well the 2.

-AC

Blind-Enemy
greatest rhythm guitarrist???

he's solid player but not that great i can tell you

Korri
I'd like to see you do any better no expression

Alpha Centauri
"he's solid player but not that great i can tell you"

....And I can tell you that he is, and we can go round and round, and then I can say Master of Puppets riff, Disposable Heroes riffs, Orion riffs, every riff off Master of Puppets. Not to mention others.

-AC

Blind-Enemy
that doesnt make any sense , i've never said i'm a better ...Hetfield's one of my favorite rhythm guitarrist , but the greatest??

Alpha Centauri
In my opinion, he is the greatest RHYTHM guitarist.

-AC

Blind-Enemy
now that's different ... in YOUR opinion

Alpha Centauri
Well if you compare him to others, nobody can come up with better rhythmical riffs.

-AC

Blind-Enemy
i have to admit that during the 80's he was untouchable , but now he doesnt convince me

Alpha Centauri
Yeah but over time, is what I'm saying.

Any rhythm riffage off Master of Puppets has remain untouchable IMO.

-AC

fribble

Victor Von Doom
Mustaine is probably more technically skilled than Hammett, but that's not much of a factor.

Mustaine has spent his career trying to escape the shadow of Metallica, so that about sums it up for me.

ESP07
Mustaine is possibly the greatest rhythem player ever. Try to play his riffs, then try Hetfields. Mustaines are way harder.

Alpha Centauri
Doesn't matter what's harder. It's what's better.

Hetfield put out more better rhythm riffs on Master of Puppets than Megadeth's entire catalogue.

-AC

Korri
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Yeah but over time, is what I'm saying.

Any rhythm riffage off Master of Puppets has remain untouchable IMO.

-AC

Have to say i agree.

loserib
its just my opinion that megadeth smashes all over metallca and im even a fan of old school metallica i just like megadeth better and think they have also been more solid in their music over the years

Alpha Centauri
Master of Puppets Vs Anything Megadeth have ever done, ever.

Metallica win.

Throw in the other legendary stuff they've put out and I believe it's academic.

Dave Mustaine ranks Megadeth as band number 2 out of the two.

-AC

loserib
i still rank them higher then metallica

Lana
Master of Puppets Vs Anything Megadeth have ever done, ever.

Metallica win.

Throw in the other legendary stuff they've put out and I believe it's academic.

Dave Mustaine ranks Megadeth as band number 2 out of the two.

-AC

Agreed 100%

loserib
i give you master of puppets is better but if you look at their whole carriers i would say over all megadeth has been better

Alpha Centauri
Whole carriers? You mean careers?

Metallica have made the better music, hence my point.

-AC

dean7879
rust in peace!
megadeth rule...u fools! hahahahah
so do metallica though
ya bloody idiots!

Alpha Centauri
Someone had their Weetabix this morning.

-AC

loserib
sorry about the mispellings it was like four in the morning and i could not sleep

MetallicaT
i know metallica has sold close to 100million albums...how many has megadeth sold? does anyone know?

Alpha Centauri
Doesn't matter.

Metallica are the better band. Regardless of sales.

-AC

Korri
Doesn't matter.

-AC

can we close this poo thread now? cry

Alpha Centauri
Is fun.

-AC

Korri
Im not feeling it AC, im really not no

loserib
just agree to disagree i suppose

qwerty`1234
Alpha Centauri, dave is better than both kirk and james.
and also about their vocals, daves are better imo.
rust in peace is far better than mop, too.

Korri
You are a stupid ass if you think that, and i would like to congratulate you on proving that you know absolutley nothing about music.##

Well done! smile

loserib
really i aslo think that dave is way better then the both of them to does that make me a stupid ass and no nothing of music .that to me would be funny since music is what i do for a liveing. its all prefrence kirk and james might be better to you and dave might better in my mind it does not mean that i think your stupid just becuase you like metallica better

Darth Revan
Metallica.

Deathblow
Originally posted by qwerty`1234
Alpha Centauri, dave is better than both kirk and james.
and also about their vocals, daves are better imo.
rust in peace is far better than mop, too.

I don't really care about the individuals, but I know good music when I hear it, and nothing Megadeth have ever done even comes close to MOP, and that's IMO only the third best Metallica album.

Korri
flirt1 spank me sammy

Alpha Centauri
It's plain to see by the music that Mustaine isn't anywhere on James's level.

Like Sam said, Metallica are the better BAND.

-AC

loserib
if you say so .Metallica are banking on the fact that they could put out crap and all the metalliclones will buy it no matter how it sounds

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by loserib
if you say so .Metallica are banking on the fact that they could put out crap and all the metalliclones will buy it no matter how it sounds

This is about who are the better band.

Metallica have made music that remains unmatched by alot of bands today. Megadeth included.

-AC

shred5
Originally posted by Korri
Can i just say what pointless jibberish this thread is built on... sleeping

This entire threat was sheer ignorance, this post, even more so.

Nor would Metallica likely exist today if not for Mustaine. Most likely they never would have came across Cliff either, had half the songs on Kill 'Em All or Ride The Lightning, Call of Ktulu or Leper Messiah. Nor would we have ever known who Cliff Burton was or Marty Friedman, and Testament would sound very different!

But if you look at it that way, I thank Metallica for kicking Mustaine out and bringing us Megadeth! (2 good bands.. well one once good band and one good band anyway is better than 1!)

It was to the best he was kicked out, I do agree with that. There wasn't room for him and Hetfield in the band back then. He went and formed what in my opinion is a much better band and easily a more talented band, at least over time if not at each band's peak.

Oh and their attitude towards him was any better? They trash talked him at least as much as he trash talks them, face the facts!

Hmm millions of albums sold isn't somewhere?

It's hard not too. He talks of James Hetfield as if he played some inhumanly possible guitar parts that nobody else could play, when in reality it was nothing all that hard. More then that, all Hetfield's semi-impressive guitar parts were headed straight downhill after 1986, and died come albums like Load, Reload, and St Anger.

shred5
Doesn't matter.

-AC

That's not a fact you know. And there is no way they can compare at the musicianship level, on ANY front they just don't have it, especially their latest pathetic releases.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by shred5
It's hard not too. He talks of James Hetfield as if he played some inhumanly possible guitar parts that nobody else could play, when in reality it was nothing all that hard. More then that, all Hetfield's semi-impressive guitar parts were headed straight downhill after 1986, and died come albums like Load, Reload, and St Anger.

I don't judge talent by who can play who's riffs. Mustaine could play Master of Puppets and mostly anything off that album.....MAYBE. Could he have created them? Bar Leper Messiah? No.

Originally posted by shred5
That's not a fact you know. And there is no way they can compare at the musicianship level, on ANY front they just don't have it, especially their latest pathetic releases.

"That's not a fact you know".

Thy must practice what thy preach. I'm quite good, must admit.

-AC

qwerty`1234
Originally posted by Korri
You are a stupid ass if you think that, and i would like to congratulate you on proving that you know absolutley nothing about music.##

Well done! smile
you dont play the guitar, do you..

Alpha Centauri
You don't need to be a guitarist if it's not about technical ability.

-AC

qwerty`1234
You don't need to be a guitarist if it's not about technical ability.

-AC
?
i said dave is better at guitar than james and kirk, and he said i was stupid. my response to that was that he mustn't play guitar if he thinks i'm stupid for saying that.

Alpha Centauri
I see.

It's not so drastic as to say "Stupid". However, I don't think Mustaine could ever make better guitar material than Metallica at their best.

-AC

qwerty`1234
yeah, there's no right or wrong answer for whose material is the best, its just a matter of opinion. (and mine happens to be the opposite of yours wink)
but there is a right and wrong answer when it comes down to ability on their instruments.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah, in which case Mustaine might be better than Kirk.

-AC

dean7879
mustaine didnt have the best vocals
meagdeth still produced better songs overall though,,IMO

Staticnz
This thread is hilarious. I am contributing heartily to it cos I like discussing this kind of thing, not for wont of being an *******, but I find it interesting to take a stance on something I feel strongly about and see what response I may get.

Firstly I wonder whether most of the people who think James is a better rhythm guitarist than Dave have ever even bothered listening to Megadeth. I find it totally amusing when people say that kind of crap. James is a great guitarist, but technically Dave is superior...uh-oh, that just leads to people saying that Dave couldn't write anything as good as James, which isn't true at all. I can't take anyone seriously that is willing to look me in the eye and tell me Master of Puppets is better than Rust In Peace. Master of Puppets is good, but it's also a bit bland, not as fresh as Ride The Lightning and not as consistent. WHY DO PEOPLE THINK IT IS THE BEST METAL ALBUM EVER!? I don't understand. It;s simply a great album, but it is not an awesome one. Rust In Peace has better riffs, MUCH better playing, cooler lyrics, is a lot more fun...hell, you can't get any more metal than that album. Peace Sells also just edges out MOP, but I'd say it falls short of Ride The Lightning.

People who say Kirk is better at lead than Mustaine are also clueless...here's why...Mustaine plays RHYTHM guitar, ok? Marty Friedman was the main lead and solo man in Megadeth, and he utterly wipes the floor with Kirks playing. Kirk is of course fast and skilled, but technically speaking Marty Friedman is superior in technique, speed, melodic sensibilities, everything. I would seriously like to see Kirk try and play the solo from say Tornado of Souls (which is simply incredible)...he wouldn't be able to, he simply isn't good enough. And whereas Kirk got lazy and now is a shadow of his former self, Friedman is still totally ripping at it. Kirk is good, but he was, is and never will be as good as Marty Friedman. Not by a long-shot.

If you think Megadeth is a crappy band not on par with Metallica do me a favour and simply listen to Rust In Peace...way better than anything Metallica ever achieved in almost everyway. Plus Metallica haven't been good since 1989, they are a bunch of whining, arrogant jerks with insane egos, no concept of good music, no concept of anything. They are just clueless. Megadeth's 90s output absolutely crushes Metallica's 90s output, and their 80s work mostly surpasses Metallica's stuff too (with the sole exception of Ride The Lightning, specifically).

Metallica are and always will be one of the most overrated bands in the history of music. The only thing they did for metal was make it popular...they didn't really radically improve it...despite putting out a few good albums, they didn't make it much more amazing than it already was. They used to care about improving metal and music but they threw it all away and spat in the fan's faces. Overall they've served as a ridiculous spectacle that makes the metal world look bad, and Megadeth have been there matching them, and surpassing them the entire way...with the exception of being as popular, or as respected...and that's sad.

Megadeth >>> Metallica. Good god. Better musicians, better song-writers, better riffs, better lyrics, better. everything. period.

PS. The one thing in this argument that can easily be refuted is Mustaine's vocals...I understand why people would not like them. They are not technically the best, and turn many away, which is unfortunate. But personally I love his voice, and without that getting in the way of my appreciation of the music I totally dig it all the more. I don't think you can base the superiority of Metallica solely on Hetfield being the better vocalist though.

Alpha Centauri
Metallica >>> Megadeth. Good God. Better musicians, better song writers, better riffs, better everything. Period.

See? I can do it too and MINE still stands. You know why? I'll give you ONE post to guess.

I don't base my view of Metallica (a view shared by Mustaine) being better on James's vocals. I base it on the albums they put out.

Master of Puppets >>> Anything Megadeth.

You obviously think it's all fact what you said. You see, you can't do that unless you're me, coz I pull it off. I balance it, regardless of how stupid and dumb an opinion is, I respect the persons right to have it.

You sir, do not...and now, you've got me to deal with. Take a shot.

-AC

Staticnz
No, yours does not stand, cos your post has nothing more to it. I said more than just that and you choose to ignore that fact.

It was all, of course, my opinion. I just choose to express it in a forceful sounding way. Sorry if you took it all as me saying it as fact.

IN MY OPINION the only thing Metallica does better as vocals, and you can't say Metallica is superior just cos of that. You don't share that view? Fine. But I'm sick of people failing to justify anything.

'Metallica is awesome, lol Megadeth is so bland and boring and stupid. Mustaine is so bad at guitar compaired to James, man Kirk is so much better, Metallica wrote such better music'...

It's like IDIOT, do you even LISTEN to Megadeth!? Bet most of you don't. God, they are as good as Metallica and more, I see it so clearly it annoys me that others are so flippant about it. Or you like listen once and then think you know all there is to know. That really annoys me. And I'm not accusing you personally Alpha, I'm talking in general. People always do that. It's like they want to rag on Megadeth just because they were never as popular. Yeah, well, their music is as good or better, try actually listening to it properly.

I have strong opinions. Ok? I stand by all I said. No matter how strong my opinion sounds it is of course still opinion, how could it be any other way huh? There is no such thing as an objective viewpoint.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Staticnz
No, yours does not stand, cos your post has nothing more to it. I said more than just that and you choose to ignore that fact.

Yes it does stand. If you want proof, then I will ask, to what? To me, Master of Puppets is all you need to compare. It shows who the better band is.

IN MY OPINION the only thing Metallica does better as vocals, and you can't say Metallica is superior just cos of that. You don't share that view? Fine. But I'm sick of people failing to justify anything.

I can't say that, and I have never tried to. I say they're superior for reasons you've seen. Why do you deserve MY justification? I think they're better, millions of people think they're better. Megadeth are good and successful, but they're not Metallica and they never will be. One of the people who shares my view is Mustaine himself. A man who said he would go back in time and stay with Metallica if he could.

It's like IDIOT, do you even LISTEN to Megadeth!? Bet most of you don't. God, they are as good as Metallica and more, I see it so clearly it annoys me that others are so flippant about it. Or you like listen once and then think you know all there is to know. That really annoys me. And I'm not accusing you personally Alpha, I'm talking in general. People always do that.

I listen to Megadeth. What now? What are you doing to do now? I don't personally give a care what you see "clearly" or not. There's people who "clearly" see Ashlee Simpson's talent. See what I'm heading Mr. 20/20 Vision? Not to be offensive but you shouldn't assume we're making judges on Megadeth without knowing. I've heard all their albums, more than once. Metallica are just in another league.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
I would seriously like to see Kirk try and play the solo from say Tornado of Souls (which is simply incredible)...he wouldn't be able to, he simply isn't good enough.

Slight assumption there.

ESP07
So A.C..... your opinion is based on one album? If you go album to album, song to song, they seem pretty close.

Staticnz, I dont know if i would call Metallica the most overated band. In my opinion, they deserve every accolade they have gotten. They made a consious decision to make their music more appealing to the general listener(note the hiring of Bob Rock for the Black album).

LifeIsKillingMe
Megadeth sucks, Mustaine admitted it! in Metallica's Some Kind Of Monster, he said to Lars: "everything you guys touch turns to gold, everything i do backfires"
ha, at least hes honest!!!!

SlipknoT
Im actually starting to Like Megadeath more than Metallica

room #99
Originally posted by SlipknoT
Im actually starting to Like Megadeath more than Metallica

Megadeth mad

big grin

Deano
megadeth are brilliant

waspluver
MEGADEATH!!! NO BRAINER I LOST ALL RESECT 2 MATELLICA WHEN THEY LIKE AVRIL LAVIGNE PERFORMANCE AT THERE TRIBUTE CONCERT REMEMBER!!GUYS CUM ON ITS ALL ABOUT VIC RATTLEHEAD!!! rock

Korri
no expression jesus holy mother of god kill me now.

Deano
ok *stabs korri in chest*

Korri
Oh well thanks alot now i really know who my friends are sneaky2

Deano
sorry embarrasment
i just thought thats what u wanted

jaybol1
Make no Mistake about it..... MetallicA would win this battle hands down. If your going band for band...Metallica is stacked with talent. There music somewhat questionable now with St. Anger will probally be regarded as being pioneers of garage sounds in ten years.

Everyone forgets that Metallica has always been the future of other bands. The through down Fade to Black and everyone called them a Sell OUt then for a ballad song.....Now Fade is a favorte in almost everyones list.

People called them sellouts when they made a music video....Now MTV VH1 and all that shit have more videos of metal then ever before.....They made head bangers ball of the 80s my friends...

St. Anger seemed rush and sloppy I will give you that. I wonder if they rushed through ti to meet deadlines just based on the entire rehab stuff James went through.....But it was very artistic with the garage feeling..

Next...someone said that they sell out instead of making music for what its supposed to be....Thats all metallica does now plays the shit they want and **** everyone else.... Just listen to mama said with the country tones...and all the lyrics james wrote in St anger.... and the ****in tests of Low Man's lyrics.....with all this...they still have Pack Houses...Shit load of awards and recognized as The Top in their fields.

Megadeth is good...but since we are not talking about talen vs talent in instruments but Bandvs Band...megadeath will fall short....Plus Mustaine can't write lyrics for shit...he buys them....Proof in the mudda ****in Puddin....Match Mustines Mechanix to Four Horsemen. Ok its old but right at the begging you can see who had raw talent and who didn't with that...

Now my cheap shot....No way is anyone who is given a discription of having Strawberry Blonde hair on his bands website will never be able to form a band to beat Metallica.

jaybol1
one more thing...if u do want to go James vs Dave then no way in hell is he a better in guitar playin. James i talented way beyond Mustaine. All that bastard mustaine does is play frggin power chords!!! Match that shit like in mice and men and compare to jame's licks of Puppets....or if u want to match it up closer.... Then take St Anger or even Fuel ...still harder then mustines power chord crap

Darth_Big_Boy
They both blow nowadays....so it would be a toss up.

Cinemaddiction
The following is in light of my recent Metallica epiphany, so bear with me.

I feel as if Megadeth and Metallica were both always true to themselves. Megadeth has been a metal band with a punk approach, politics, Mustaine being outspoken, yadda, yadda, yadda. Their craftsman ship was never really in question until "Risk" came out, then it was all down hill, leading to their eventual backlash and eventual break-up, like Metallica, taking some time off and subsequently regrouping.

That said, unlike Metallica, Megadeth made their come back and retraced their actual METAL roots. I happen to like their new material. Metallica's comeback was pre-mature. I bought St. Anger this afternoon after much speculation, and I feel as if the 1/2 of the album that was good is great, the half that I didn't like was dreadful, sloppy, uninspired, self weary, trite horseshit.

Now that we have the rise and fall of both bands out of the way, Metallica "wins" hands down just because of their impact. It's that simple. Megadeth has a few diamonds in their rough from the past 20 years, but nothing past "Symphony" really stands out, IMO.

ESP07
Originally posted by jaybol1
All that bastard mustaine does is play frggin power chords!!! ...still harder then mustines power chord crap

Congratulations....You clearly have no ****in clue.

Korri
Cine!!!! why!!! why do you do this to me??

i thought we all agreed to kill this thread forever!!

oh BTW your sig is the sex droolio

botankus
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Megadeth has a few diamonds in their rough from the past 20 years, but nothing past "Symphony" really stands out, IMO.

I beg to differ, my friend.

Wake Up Dead
In My Darkest Hour
The Conjuring
Good Mourning / Black Friday
Architecture of Aggression
Reckoning Day
Youthanasia
Addicted to Chaos
Bad Omen

...and would it be too terrible to sneak the song Trust in there?

and I don't like Peace Sells (the song).

Korri
Yes, i will give you that they have come out some pretty good songs but they are nothing compared to Metallica and never will be..

LifeIsKillingMe
Metallica is better than Megadeth and will always be. Metallica has beautiful music summed up with powerful lyrics. Megadeth has none of that. In Some Kind Of Monster, Dave adimitted that Megadeth sucks. He said to Lars, "Everything you guys touch turns to gold, everything I do backfires".

At least he's decent enough to admit his band sucks.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by ESP07
So A.C..... your opinion is based on one album? If you go album to album, song to song, they seem pretty close.

Yeah it's based on one Megadeth album.

I was lying when I said I had hear all the stuff by both bands.

-AC

Deano
what album did u listen to alpha?

Korri
Originally posted by LifeIsKillingMe
Metallica is better than Megadeth and will always be. Metallica has beautiful music summed up with powerful lyrics. Megadeth has none of that. In Some Kind Of Monster, Dave adimitted that Megadeth sucks. He said to Lars, "Everything you guys touch turns to gold, everything I do backfires".

At least he's decent enough to admit his band sucks.

i think he was talking about his life in general not just his band...

ESP07
The real big difference between the 2 is that through the years Megadeth has really only been one guy. Mustaine makes all the decisions and has written almost all of the music. Metallica is and was much more of a group effort.

Alpha Centauri
I was being sarcastic...

I've heard everything by both bands.

-AC

ESP07
Horray for you....

BackFire
Metallica is a bunch of little crybabies who are always PMSing and bitching about things. Megadeath owns.

LifeIsKillingMe
metallica arent crybabies!

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by botankus
I beg to differ, my friend.

Wake Up Dead
In My Darkest Hour
The Conjuring
Good Mourning / Black Friday
Architecture of Aggression
Reckoning Day
Youthanasia
Addicted to Chaos
Bad Omen

...and would it be too terrible to sneak the song Trust in there?

and I don't like Peace Sells (the song).

I think "Trust" is great, and very old school Megadeth. But look at your post. How many of those made it to radio? Even if they all did, 9 or 10 songs over 20 years? They've just been mediocre. True to the game, but not groundbreaking in any aspect other than cover art, IMO.

Metallica just has mass appeal, and it's not a "mainstream or not" arguement. You couldn't have contained a band like Metallica bacj in the mid 80's. They were just too ****ing big. The lyrics were literally dominating. I for one consider myself totally unworthy of listening to "...And Justice For All" on repeat, although I've done it many times. Look.

Who could have thought someone could so eloquently, lyrically define the state of mental instability, being perfectly sane themselves, and make it sound so ****ing REAL? You know? Like Lars said in SKOM, "The only word that comes to mind is..****! FUUUUUUUUUUUCK!"

Lyrics like that just own me. Those lyrics, a sinister look, having the metal world in a stranglehold, and a pair of guitar virtuosos at what is otherwise an all time LOW in rock and roll music, Metallica just pressed their foot down a little harder on the throat of the industry, and followed it up 3 years later with what *I* consider an equally as strong album.

I just don't see Megadeth as contention in any respect, other than in a drinking game between the two, lol.

Korri
Originally posted by BackFire
Metallica is a bunch of little crybabies who are always PMSing and bitching about things. Megadeath owns.

laughing out loud i think you got it the wrong way round BF!

BackFire
Nah, they were whining about napster a while ago, because they were pissed off at the time that their music wasn't worth buying, only downloading. I lost all respect for them with that, just showed that they were only about the money.

Korri
Have you listened to both sides of the story??

They are most deffinatley not all about the money, if they were then sureley they would have quit while they were ahead... they have made their fortune its time to give it all up after 24 years...

maybe they just like making music and have the right to protect the music they make, and get credit for it...

is that such so much to ask??

dont make me sing the BackFire anthem again!

Alpha Centauri
Nah, they were whining about napster a while ago, because they were pissed off at the time that their music wasn't worth buying, only downloading. I lost all respect for them with that, just showed that they were only about the money.

No, that's not what happened. That's the reason you want to believe.

Which isn't a good way to go.

Considering Lars has actually told people not to buy their albums before, I'd say they aren't all about the money. They want to get paid for their job, who doesn't? They never did anything wrong.

If their music wasn't worth buying, people downloaded it and still complained coz people are the whiney little bitches, not Metallica.

-AC

Dischord
Megadeth has NEVER covered a Metallica song. The band that covered "Battery" is a band called Blakk Totem.

Korri
Seriously, i have the cover on my playlist...

i am NOT going insane...

BackFire
No, that's not what happened. That's the reason you want to believe.

Which isn't a good way to go.

Considering Lars has actually told people not to buy their albums before, I'd say they aren't all about the money. They want to get paid for their job, who doesn't? They never did anything wrong.

If their music wasn't worth buying, people downloaded it and still complained coz people are the whiney little bitches, not Metallica.

-AC

When did Lars say this?

They never did anything wrong, just bitched too much about something silly. Especially Lars, the biggest ***** of them all. Crying like a whore who just found out she got aids. They'd be getting money either way, live shows are where bands get most of their money. They're just greedy.

What did people complain about? People complained about their shitty music even when downloading it for free? Guess their music is even shittier then I thought.

SlipknoT
Metallica is a bunch of little crybabies who are always PMSing and bitching about things. Megadeath owns. Agreed

Alpha Centauri
As for Metallica being bitchy, Mustaine spent his career whining about being second to them. Says alot for your argument.

When did Lars say this?

Right after the fanbase shit on them as Load was released. He said "If you're gonna stop listening to us because of the way we dress or because of our hair, if you're gonna stop listening to us because we changed, then we don't want you listening to our music anyway."

They never did anything wrong, just bitched too much about something silly. Especially Lars, the biggest ***** of them all. Crying like a whore who just found out she got aids. They'd be getting money either way, live shows are where bands get most of their money. They're just greedy.

And as anyone who knows, knows, it's where bands lose money also. So imagine a small band paying to put out an album and all it's costs, paying to tour and all that. Then not getting anything back because idiots won't go out and support them, just download? They don't have the kind of money to fight those things, Metallica do. They did and they won. Fred Durst fought FOR Napster, coincidence that he doesn't care if people download his shit as long as he's still relevant? No.

What did people complain about? People complained about their shitty music even when downloading it for free? Guess their music is even shittier then I thought.

If it's worth your time to download and listen to the whole way through, it's worth buying. Don't like it? Keep the receipt and get a refund. Metallica aren't making money, you're not losing money. At the same time, you're not gaining something for free that you should be paying for and bands aren't getting ripped off. Everyone's happy. Sadly, everyone's also lazy.

It's happening with NIN. People are downloading the album now coz "I preordered it. So it's ok." Then when they finally get the album, they'll put it in and none of it will be new music, because they're impatient c*nts. Then they'll all crucify Trent for "letting us down".

Don't like the music? Complaining about how it sucks? Do us all a favour and stop listening.

-AC

BackFire
"Right after the fanbase shit on them as Load was released. He said "If you're gonna stop listening to us because of the way we dress or because of our hair, if you're gonna stop listening to us because we changed, then we don't want you listening to our music anyway.""

Guess instead of that, they downloaded music for free, either way, same result. Still no reason to *****.

"And as anyone who knows, knows, it's where bands lose money also. So imagine a small band paying to put out an album and all it's costs, paying to tour and all that. Then not getting anything back because idiots won't go out and support them, just download? They don't have the kind of money to fight those things, Metallica do. They did and they won. Fred Durst fought FOR Napster, coincidence that he doesn't care if people download his shit as long as he's still relevant? No."

Napster helped small bands more then it hurt them, it gets them into the publics eye in a fast, and effective way. It's the best way for a small, fincancially poor band to get noticed. Put their music up on napster, or another program, so people can download some of their songs and see if they like them. If they do, people will often buy their albums, see them live, and get them played on the radio or TV.

If it weren't for napster, I'd have never heard of Dredg. I heard they were a good band, so I downloaded a few of their songs, thought they were awesome, went out and bought their CD. This is how a lot of people discovered Dredg. Radio stations weren't playing their music, so the only way to sample their music is to straight out buy their cd blindly, or download some songs. It worked well for them, and they're not the only band that had positive effects occur from people downloading their music for free.

The only people it hurt was shitty, over the hill bands like Metallica. Most of the people who downloaded their music wouldn't have bought their CD's to begin with, so it doesn't matter, they're still not getting the money of most of those people.

Alpha Centauri
Guess instead of that, they downloaded music for free, either way, same result. Still no reason to *****.

Yeah, coz after you work hard to produce an album that you're happy with, the coolest thing a "fan" could do is take it without paying and then ***** about it. If you're a fan, buy it. Then if it sucks to you, get your money back. There's no excuse for acting like a mouldy vagina.

Napster helped small bands more then it hurt them, it gets them into the publics eye in a fast, and effective way. It's the best way for a small, fincancially poor band to get noticed. Put their music up on napster, or another program, so people can download some of their songs and see if they like them. If they do, people will often buy their albums, see them live, and get them played on the radio or TV.

Yeah, I'll agree that the net is an incredible tool for music news, updates, distribution and such. The thing is, people use that to horrid degrees and it damages bands. No offence but calling a station and saying "Play this" doesn't compensate for you downloading something you should have paid for.

If it weren't for napster, I'd have never heard of Dredg. I heard they were a good band, so I downloaded a few of their songs, thought they were awesome, went out and bought their CD. This is how a lot of people discovered Dredg. Radio stations weren't playing their music, so the only way to sample their music is to straight out buy their cd blindly, or download some songs. It worked well for them, and they're not the only band that had positive effects occur from people downloading their music for free.

Yeah exactly. You did the good thing. Using the net to an advantage and then doing the right thing and supporting the band by purchasing the CDs. My argument is that you shouldn't download an album of a band that is quite clearly known, just to *****. In this case, if you like Metallica, buy the album. Don't download it, continue listening to it and whine, because you are losing absolutely nothing. Metallica are losing money. Of course they don't need to worry about record sales but it's still wrong, and it shouldn't happen. If you wanna hear the album, pay for it. If you think it sucks, take it back, get your money and never listen to it again. Don't see the big deal.

The only people it hurt was shitty, over the hill bands like Metallica. Most of the people who downloaded their music wouldn't have bought their CD's to begin with, so it doesn't matter, they're still not getting the money of most of those people.

Nice and all, but I'm way over here with my point. Join me.

As I said above, if you wanna hear Metallica's album. Buy it. Not a huge deal. If it sucks, you can refund it. Nothing is lost, nothing is stolen.

-AC

BackFire
"Yeah, coz after you work hard to produce an album that you're happy with, the coolest thing a "fan" could do is take it without paying and then ***** about it. If you're a fan, buy it. Then if it sucks to you, get your money back. There's no excuse for acting like a mouldy vagina."

That's the thing, most of these people obviously weren't fans to begin with, they probably said "oh, new metallica, i'll download it and give it a try" then they downloaded it and didn't like it, as such, they didn't buy the music afterwards. Had metallica made good music people would have turned around and bought it, rather then saying it's shitty.

"Nice and all, but I'm way over here with my point. Join me.

As I said above, if you wanna hear Metallica's album. Buy it. Not a huge deal. If it sucks, you can refund it. Nothing is lost, nothing is stolen."

Time is lost, it would take a considerable amount of time to go to the store, buy a cd blindly, listen to it, and then take it back because you didn't like it. Makes more sense just click a few buttons and download some of their songs to decide whether their cd is actually worth buying or not. Also, there are a lot of stores (here in the states at least) that have this "if it's open you can't get a full refund" policy. So it makes it even more of a pain in the ass to sample music by blindly buying cd's, unfortunately..

Bottom line is, people will always, ALWAYS figure out a way to trade music for free, withouth actually buying cd's. This is never going to change. Had Metallica made good music, people would have downloaded their songs and bought their music after hearing it, the fact that people bitched about how shitty some songs are that they downloaded for free only backs up my opinion that Metallica = shitty music, free or not.

Alpha Centauri
That's the thing, most of these people obviously weren't fans to begin with, they probably said "oh, new metallica, i'll download it and give it a try" then they downloaded it and didn't like it, as such, they didn't buy the music afterwards. Had metallica made good music people would have turned around and bought it, rather then saying it's shitty.

If it's worth your time to download and listen to, it's worth buying. You aren't losing money if you don't like it, because you can get it back. You know as well as I do that the majority of downloaders mentalities is "Well........I have it now.......what's the point in paying for it?" Which is where it all goes wrong. People wouldn't have bought it either way, because some people don't give a shit whether albums are great or mediocre, they won't pay for them. So that's why paying for them IS important.

Time is lost, it would take a considerable amount of time to go to the store, buy a cd blindly, listen to it, and then take it back because you didn't like it. Makes more sense just click a few buttons and download some of their songs to decide whether their cd is actually worth buying or not. Also, there are a lot of stores (here in the states at least) that have this "if it's open you can't get a full refund" policy. So it makes it even more of a pain in the ass to sample music by blindly buying cd's, unfortunately..

So people making music, spending money to make music and working hard to make music, have to suffer because most people won't get off their fat asses to go to the record store? That's absolutely ridiculous. You're living in a fantasy world if you think people always download albums and then rush out to buy the CD, that is a rarity. People download, love it, then think...."well I could go pay money to have what I already have....why?" To do so is wrong. Why buy it? Because it's decent and right, moreover, it's respectful.

Bottom line is, people will always, ALWAYS figure out a way to trade music for free, withouth actually buying cd's. This is never going to change. Had Metallica made good music, people would have downloaded their songs and bought their music after hearing it, the fact that people bitched about how shitty some songs are that they downloaded for free only backs up my opinion that Metallica = shitty music, free or not.

Again, wrong.

You are operating under the assumption that people would have gone and bought the music anyway. I know about 20 people who listen to Dredg, own all the material.....downloaded. They love the music. What happened to your theory? I thought good downloads equated to people buying the album as a result? False. People bitched because they downloaded the album, hated it, kept listening and kept bitching. The worst thing is, half of those actually go on to like the album and still not buy it.

Buy the album, then refund if you don't like it. Simple.

-AC

BackFire
"So people making music, spending money to make music and working hard to make music, have to suffer because most people won't get off their fat asses to go to the record store? That's absolutely ridiculous. You're living in a fantasy world if you think people always download albums and then rush out to buy the CD, that is a rarity. People download, love it, then think...."well I could go pay money to have what I already have....why?" To do so is wrong. Why buy it? Because it's decent and right, moreover, it's respectful."

All the people I know personally do buy cd's if they like the music they've downloaded, more people do it then you think. I'm not denying there will always be the people who will refuse too, whether they like it or not, all I'm saying is that they aren't the vast majority.

As I said, here in the states most stores have a policy where if you open a cd, you can't return it for money. And even so, you know as well as I do, people are lazy, they won't go buy a cd then return it just because it's the right thing to do. It's a waste of time, and, here in the states, money, since we can't get a full refund if it's opened.

"Again, wrong.

You are operating under the assumption that people would have gone and bought the music anyway. I know about 20 people who listen to Dredg, own all the material.....downloaded. They love the music. What happened to your theory? I thought good downloads equated to people buying the album as a result? False. People bitched because they downloaded the album, hated it, kept listening and kept bitching. The worst thing is, half of those actually go on to like the album and still not buy it.

Buy the album, then refund if you don't like it. Simple."

All I know is I know a good number of people who love dredg and own their cd's, and have gone to their live show, after having downloaded their music initially. As I said, there will always be people who are too cheap to buy music, regaurdless of whether they like it. The thing is, no one is ever going to stop this from happening, as I said, people will always find ways to get music for free if they don't want to pay for it.

Also, the people didn't ***** about dredg's music after downloading it for free, this is because dredg is good, metallica has been shitty for years now, they were great at one time, now they're just aging rockers trying to hold onto their glory and trying to keep the money coming in.

Alpha Centauri
As I said, here in the states most stores have a policy where if you open a cd, you can't return it for money. And even so, you know as well as I do, people are lazy, they won't go buy a cd then return it just because it's the right thing to do. It's a waste of time, and, here in the states, money, since we can't get a full refund if it's opened.

Yeah but people suck anyway, and I'm sure we agree there.

Secondly, you cannot blame Metallica for people not buying their album. They control what they put out there, not who buys it. It's not about crappy music, because as we've established it could be Dredg or Tool, people still won't buy it. Although Tool have never been leaked.

Also, the people didn't ***** about dredg's music after downloading it for free, this is because dredg is good, metallica has been shitty for years now, they were great at one time, now they're just aging rockers trying to hold onto their glory and trying to keep the money coming in.

Not only is that a misconception about Metallica, but you're being extremely ignorant if you think just because Metallica put out music that some people don't like, they deserve to be ripped off. If you download something from free and you don't like it, the most you have the right to be doing is saying that you're disappointed with it. I'm sick of everyone acting like the either had a great album owed to them, or that they lost alot of money.

You downloaded and stole, pretty much, an album. You didn't like it, so don't listen to the damn thing. You dislike Metallica, yes we get it. Shut up. "Oh man this song sucks. Oh no, what have they done. Infact I'm gonna listen to it repeatedly. Hey wait...I kinda like these songs now." "Buying the album?" "Nah."

-AC

BackFire
"Secondly, you cannot blame Metallica for people not buying their album. They control what they put out there, not who buys it. It's not about crappy music, because as we've established it could be Dredg or Tool, people still won't buy it. Although Tool have never been leaked."

of course I can blame metallica for people not buying their music. Who else is to blame? It's perfectly reasonable to blame the artist for poor sales. People who make bad music are soley to blame for poor sales. They just used the napster thing as an excuse for shitty sales of their crappy music. Chances are, their CD wouldn't have sold well anyways, because, yes, it was shitty. Just like I can blame a shitty film maker for people not seeing his movie, or a shitty sports team for people not going to go see them play. It's entirely their fault. The napster thing is just a theorized excuse that has no factuality behind it. (Oh, it's napster that's to blame for our bad sales!, we can't prove that, but it's true!) All we know for sure is that their album sold poorly, it's their fault. During this time when napster was huge, there were numerous other musicians who sold millions of albums, because people liked their music, why didn't napster destroy their sales? Because their music was good, and people liked it, as such, a lot of people purchased their music. Good music will always sell, people will always buy it, no matter what.

"Not only is that a misconception about Metallica, but you're being extremely ignorant if you think just because Metallica put out music that some people don't like, they deserve to be ripped off. If you download something from free and you don't like it, the most you have the right to be doing is saying that you're disappointed with it. I'm sick of everyone acting like the either had a great album owed to them, or that they lost alot of money."

Nah, I don't think metallica deserve to get their music stolen, I don't think anyone deserves that, which is why I never really was into downloading music, I enjoyed buying cd's, the only time I'd download music is if it's from a band I don't really know that well, and that I've only heard of, as such, I'll download some of their songs, and if they're good, buy their cd, if they suck, oh well, I gave them a shot and they failed.

the way they bitched about it really annoyed me. it's like those pussy athletes who complain about only getting 20 million dollars a season because they want 30 million a season. They should shut up and just be happy they're getting paid at all to do what they "love". They got rich off of making music, they're the last band that should complain about people downloading their crappy music, their still making millions of dollars, people still know it's their music, and people will still see them live. Be happy you're living the dream of so many people, if you want your music to sell well, make good music.

LifeIsKillingMe
excuse me but when Metallica dislikes something, they change it they dont wine about it!

BackFire
Yes they do, I heard them.

Alpha Centauri
of course I can blame metallica for people not buying their music. Who else is to blame? It's perfectly reasonable to blame the artist for poor sales. People who make bad music are soley to blame for poor sales. They just used the napster thing as an excuse for shitty sales of their crappy music.

No, you're wrong.

Metallica aren't to blame for a majority of the lazy ****s out there not bothering to buy music. If Tool released the best album ever and it had pathetic sales...yeeeeeet lots of people had it, would it equal bad music? Or would it equal lazy scum****s downloading it? Yes exactly. Your grudge aside, music that doesn't appeal to you is no excuse to download it and continually piss and moan about it like an impotent jerk.

Chances are, their CD wouldn't have sold well anyways, because, yes, it was shitty. Just like I can blame a shitty film maker for people not seeing his movie, or a shitty sports team for people not going to go see them play. It's entirely their fault. The napster thing is just a theorized excuse that has no factuality behind it. (Oh, it's napster that's to blame for our bad sales!, we can't prove that, but it's true!)

How utterly ridiculous. The CD sold extremely well. That's besides the point. The point I'm trying to make is that downloading albums without supporting the band, regardless of who it is, is wrong. It's even worse if you download the album, hate it (yet inexplicably listen to it) and continue whining.

The Napster thing isn't some theoretical escape plan. Do you even know what Napster was about? Or what even happened? Some songs were leaked and everybody rushed to get them. No complaints. The reason Metallica fought was because they believed, rightly so, that it was bullshit how their music was put up for distribution without them having any kind of say in it. They are all for the music distribution on the net, they just wanted to be asked for permission first. Nothing wrong with that. "We want you to ask us before you, you know, take our music for free." "Who do you think you are?" Yeah, ridiculous when you break it down. Their music is no one elses to give but theirs.

All we know for sure is that their album sold poorly, it's their fault. During this time when napster was huge, there were numerous other musicians who sold millions of albums, because people liked their music, why didn't napster destroy their sales? Because their music was good, and people liked it, as such, a lot of people purchased their music. Good music will always sell, people will always buy it, no matter what.

A) I dunno where you're getting this, coz it went number 1 in many countries.

B) Those artists were the Britney's and Justin's who have countless fans who obsess over owning ever piece of media released. In many cases the music couldn't be any less important to them.

C) Yeah, shit music will always sell too. Because there'll always be idiots.

The way they bitched about it really annoyed me. it's like those pussy athletes who complain about only getting 20 million dollars a season because they want 30 million a season. They should shut up and just be happy they're getting paid at all to do what they "love". They got rich off of making music, they're the last band that should complain about people downloading their crappy music, their still making millions of dollars, people still know it's their music, and people will still see them live. Be happy you're living the dream of so many people, if you want your music to sell well, make good music.

Well firstly, you clearly got the Napster debate overly confused, they weren't "whining" about anything to do with album sales.

Second, they're not though are they? If people are stealing from them, they're not getting paid. They never fought Napster to boost record sales anyway, they fought because their music got leaked against their will and they wasn't ready for that to happen.

They were within rights to do so.

-AC

BackFire
"Metallica aren't to blame for a majority of the lazy ****s out there not bothering to buy music. If Tool released the best album ever and it had pathetic sales...yeeeeeet lots of people had it, would it equal bad music? Or would it equal lazy scum****s downloading it? Yes exactly. Your grudge aside, music that doesn't appeal to you is no excuse to download it and continually piss and moan about it like an impotent jerk."

Metallica aren't to blame for people downloading their music, they ARE responsible for people not buying their music, though. There is a difference.

"The Napster thing isn't some theoretical escape plan. Do you even know what Napster was about? Or what even happened? Some songs were leaked and everybody rushed to get them. No complaints. The reason Metallica fought was because they believed, rightly so, that it was bullshit how their music was put up for distribution without them having any kind of say in it. They are all for the music distribution on the net, they just wanted to be asked for permission first. Nothing wrong with that. "We want you to ask us before you, you know, take our music for free." "Who do you think you are?" Yeah, ridiculous when you break it down. Their music is no one elses to give but theirs."

Then how did it get leaked? And how was it the fault of napster that their music was leaked before they were prepared. It's the fault of the actual person who took the music and put it up before metallica gave thier ok, it's still stupid that they bitched ABOUT napster, rather then about a person leaking their music, who happened to use napster to distribute it.

"The point I'm trying to make is that downloading albums without supporting the band, regardless of who it is, is wrong. It's even worse if you download the album, hate it (yet inexplicably listen to it) and continue whining."

And I agree, never said otherwise.

Alpha Centauri
Metallica aren't to blame for people downloading their music, they ARE responsible for people not buying their music, though. There is a difference.

Loads of people don't buy Tool music. Tool are responsible for that, does it make them shit? No. A Britney fan could say "If Tool didn't make such shit music, I'd buy their albums."

Then how did it get leaked? And how was it the fault of napster that their music was leaked before they were prepared. It's the fault of the actual person who took the music and put it up before metallica gave thier ok, it's still stupid that they bitched ABOUT napster, rather then about a person leaking their music, who happened to use napster to distribute it.

Napster were a professional site. They should have not taken it from some lone guy without thinking and plastered it on the net. They admitted they were wrong. The person couldn't have used Napster to distribute it if Napster did the right thing and chose not to.

-AC

BackFire
"Loads of people don't buy Tool music. Tool are responsible for that, does it make them shit? No. A Britney fan could say "If Tool didn't make such shit music, I'd buy their albums.""

Nah, because tools music is good, unique, and refreshing, Metallicas is now shitty, redundant and boring. Someone needs to bring on the sandman and put their spiralling career to sleep.

Napster was professional at the time? News to me.

Too be honest I don't remember much about it, never really cared about it at the time. I just remember lars cunting off about napster in an annoying and bitchy manner, left a bad taste in my mouth hearing his annoying voice whining like that. Just something about a rockstar bitching like a little girl, no matter what it's about, was pathetic. One of the main reasons I don't like metallica, other then their craptastic music.

Alpha Centauri
Nah, because tools music is good, unique, and refreshing, Metallicas is now shitty, redundant and boring. Someone needs to bring on the sandman and put their spiralling career to sleep.

Napster was professional at the time? News to me.

Yeah but in the Britney fan's opinion, Tool's music is shitty, hence why she isn't buying it. Tool are responsible for that. It doesn't mean their music is shit. Your opinion is that Metallica is shitty, they're responsible for you thinking that. It doesn't mean their music is shit.

Too be honest I don't remember much about it, never really cared about it at the time. I just remember lars cunting off about napster in an annoying and bitchy manner, left a bad taste in my mouth hearing his annoying voice whining like that. Just something about a rockstar bitching like a little girl, no matter what it's about, was pathetic. One of the main reasons I don't like metallica, other then their craptastic music.

Yeah. I like to let my personal feelings block actuality and rationale too.

Oh wait, no I don't.

-AC

BackFire
"Yeah but in the Britney fan's opinion, Tool's music is shitty, hence why she isn't buying it. Tool are responsible for that. It doesn't mean their music is shit. Your opinion is that Metallica is shitty, they're responsible for you thinking that. It doesn't mean their music is shit."

As far as I'm concerned, it does. Britney fans have no validity because they like britney spears, seeing as I like good music from bands that have some skill, and something unique about them, I do. Plus, who listens to britney spear fans?

"Yeah. I like to let my personal feelings block actuality and rationale too.

Oh wait, no I don't."

Yeah, neither do I, never said any irrational. My whole argument is that metallica is whiney pussies who make shitty music, you disproved none of that, all you proved is that their bitching and whining was just, which I never denied, the fact is, they still bitched and whined, their music is still generic and no longer carry anything significantly different in the genre. all they do now is play generic metal, if they weren't "metallica" no one would buy their shit. They're a name, nothing more.

Alpha Centauri
As far as I'm concerned, it does. Britney fans have no validity because they like britney spears, seeing as I like good music from bands that have some skill, and something unique about them, I do. Plus, who listens to britney spear fans?

Well yeah, obviously you have a credible music opinion. Never questioned that. I'm saying that on the subject of a band like Metallica, it's not exactly clean and jerk when it comes to Shit/Good. Because I like St. Anger, you don't.

My whole argument is that metallica is whiney pussies who make shitty music, you disproved none of that, all you proved is that their bitching and whining was just, which I never denied, the fact is, they still bitched and whined, their music is still generic and no longer carry anything significantly different in the genre. all they do now is play generic metal, if they weren't "metallica" no one would buy their shit. They're a name, nothing more.

Well I can't disprove that you think they make shitty music, you do and that's that. I don't.

Secondly, this isn't the thread for that arguement. Like I said, letting your personal feelings toward the band block you from topic.

If that last line wasn't a vastly generalised opinion, I'd swear you were trying to claim it as fact.

-AC

BackFire
Yes, because I totally said it was fact.

This thread is a comparison between Metallica vs megadeth, in fact, we've been off topic for the duration of our little discussion, both you and I, saying my feelings about metallica is completely on topic, because putting down metallica and not megadeth shows how I feel about the topic.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>