proteus VS maggy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Filipp
i fink proteus

demigawd
Who is "Maggy"? If you're referring to Magneto, I've gotta go with him. Reality warpers, like magic users are always a pain to have fight debates about, because you can pretty much argue that they can do *anything*, which isn't exactly fair. But in this case, Proteus has a very specific weakness to metal. And fortuntely for Magneto, he just so happens to control metal....

radioboy121
With his abilities, Proteus should more often win. He was defeated by Colossus when he tried to take over his body not realizing he had an armored form also. I do not know Proteus' range, but it was enough to knock down Storm who was hoving in the air. However, he could have been far stronger than what was shown in his short appearances if he was given a little more outside experience.

Filipp
exactly proteus can click his fingers and your out!! or he could just defend himself untill the time is right...

demigawd
Except Proteus is an idiot and somewhat crazy. While he's running around warping stuff this way and that way, Magneto (though some pain, I admit), just hurls chunks of metal at Proteus, killing him instantly. Or, to get creative, he gathers ferrous particles out of the air INSIDE of Proteus and kills him from the inside out.

radioboy121
Proteus was somewhat crazy, but why is he classified as an idiot?

When Proteus was shot at by Moira or attacked by Wolverine, his focus was on other things. If Magneto is at his attention, then it would be difficult to get things close to him. He can manipulate the ground as a shield, have the metal debris fling elsewhere, or even turn it into something else. He'll really need to be caught off guard and a lot of metal hit him.

K3VIL
Proteus can warp reality, and his power is limitless.He can just manipulate buildings around Magneto into giant building monsters, and shut down the magnetic control of Magneto on the buildings letting them shattering poor Erik on the ground.He's out of Maggy's league, he's probably the strongest mutant on Earth

who?-kid
I don't think his power is limitless. He constantly has to inhabit a host body, or else he falls apart.

I don't know if Proteus is on the same level as Magneto, but Proteus has this extremely "disorientating" power, which will freak Magneto - or anybody else - out.

Proteus has a good chance of winning.

Btw, which Proteus are we talking about, the old one who "died" at Edingburgh or the new, stronger version ? I discussed the old one because he's more interesting imo.

demigawd
That's exactly the problem. Proteus is A LOT more powerful than Magneto, but Proteus has trouble doing too many things at once. And despite his immense power, Proteus isn't particularly impressive at using it. He's very inefficient. You never see him just snap people out of existence, or just auto-kill them or anything that he *should* be able to do easily. Magneto can keep him occupied with a frontal assault while preparing the real attack from another direction entirely. One metal beal impaling later, and Proteus is out.

radioboy121
He didn't snap the X-Men out of existence as they weren't meant to be destroyed. He encased Storm in amber, he metamorphed Moira, etc., but not will out. Most of his role when he was first displayed was usually offensive anyway.

Molecule man
As much as i like Magneto i have to say that Proteus will destroy Mags. But anyway his power is not limitless

Filipp
but if he has limitless power couldent he just turn mag inside out

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.