X Men racial war

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gryn Jabar
If the whole X Men premise were to happen in real life, what do you think would be the reaction of the general population?

gambitindaflesh
Very, very much like in the comics and the cartoon. People would forget about gays, blacks, hispanics, whatever and have a new thing to focus their fears and anger upon. I used to live in New Mexico and before that lived in New England cities, in New Mexico whites are the minority and there are many, many native americans and believe it or not, THEY ARE RACIST AMONGST EACHOTHER! am I not the only person to be blown away by this? I mean in New England it's a different story, but the tribes or pueblos in NM actually were discriminated against the other tribes, how stupid is that? if they were all suddenly thrown into New England cities they would be clinging to gether, united and racist against whites or blacks, hispanics, whatever... the point is I am amazed that groups of people actually go out of their way looking for some other groups of people to hate. Stupid. Just wait until aliens come to town, then humans will realize race and sexual preference, maybe even mutants are all the same.

ayjay
definetly....mutants would be subject to even worse discrimination than that ofof in our world against blacks, gays or wateva.....although...the backlash from the mutants would be alot more painful....think about it....racism now...the minorioty fight back with gangs or explosives or protests...psychotic mutants would have the ability to do alot more damage...thus people like the x-men would neeed to be around....

pr1983
bet $100 i'd be on that team...

ayjay
hahaha....suure u will

pr1983
im exactly the kind of guy they'd recruit...

eleveninches
I'd be on the side of the anti-mutant groups. I wouldnt want the pure human genepool to be infected by mutants.
Sure, maybe some of them have cool powers, but the vast majority of them are total freaks (with 2 heads or 5 arms or something equally grotesque). I dont want to live with such beings, and I certainly wouldn't want any of my children (if i had any) to interact with the freaks

eleveninches
I wouldn't say that it's discrimination. They are a seperate species. They are not human.
You don't say that people discriminate against dogs or cats just because they are not treat like humans. It's the same with mutants. They are NOT human, so they dont have human thoughts and dont have human emotions and dont have human rights

pr1983
your being sarcastic aint ya...

eleveninches
no. im deadly serious. Would you really want to hand out with a totally non-human with 3 heads and 4 arms?
Seriously, such a thing would be a slap in the face to humanity. I would personally be very offended if mutants (like in the x-men) existed.

pr1983
wonderful...

you know they wouldn't all have mutations like that...

look at the x-men, most look human...

Ignite
why wuld u be offended by sumone thats just different?

eleveninches
No.. Not someone. SomeTHING.
YOu have to understand that they are technically NOT human. So what makes you believe that they would even think like us or have the same emotions as us.

You treat a dog differently because it IS different.
Being of a different species should make you treat them differently.
Inter-species breeding is a BIG no-no

eleveninches
The vast majority of mutants in earth616 do NOT have cool super powers. The vast majority of mutans there are repulisve.sicksicksick
I mean, Genosha had millions of mutants, and not one of them was powerful enough to stop a sentinal. So super powers are NOT that common. If they were, then the x-men would not have had to select mutants from all across the globe, and even then, most of them are not that powerful.

Ignite
they still wuld have feelings, and they can bleed and die like us..that makes them human.

pr1983
i didnt say they all had...

but a lot of mutants' mutatations are not apparent at first glance...

yes there are alot that are also...

but to complpetely generalise is unfair imo...

eleveninches
So, from your reasoning, that means that hamsters are human. They can bleed and die, therefore they are human.
If they are a different species, why do you assume that they would have similar feelings to humans

eleveninches
I would still rather have NO mutansts than have some acceptable ones and even more disgusting ones

pr1983
mutants are human with one abnormal gene, as has been stated in numerous x-men comics...

Ignite
ok hamsters?....no.....mutants are human, they culd have jobs and kids which they have had and watch them grow, u define wat human means then?

eleveninches
No. Technically they are a seperate species, just like monkeys. They even have their own species classification (homo superior)

eleveninches
Double post. WHoops

Ignite
so if u were a mutant wuld u hate humans coz they wernt like u?

eleveninches
I wouldnt HATE them.
But I dont see why I should have to feel sorry for something that is not the same species as me.

Ignite
no one wuld ask u to feel sorry for them, not even them i dont think, they wuldnt feel sorry for us.
i think mutants wuld be more scared of us actually and want our approval more than n e think, today i think ppl culd accept it. why not?

eleveninches
BECAUSE THE'RE EVIL!!!

Ignite
blink

ok, now ur joking rite, honestly eek!

eleveninches
No.
I dont want humanity to become inhuman. Humanity is the best species on the planet. If you dont believe that, then you really have low self esteem

Ignite
did i eva say that humanity wasnt the best? nope i didnt,and if i was to(which i wont) does not mean that i wuld have low slef esteem.
just coz u i dont know might accept sumone different isnt saying that ur turing ur back on humainty or thinking humaity was worse than they them.
do u believe in ghost or aliens or god?

eleveninches
Im just saying that i DONT want them to exist. And if they did, they should not be allowed to breed, as no child should have to live with the self-disgust and humiliation of being a mutie freak

Ignite
i wuld hate for them to exist also, not coz they are freaks, which they wuldnt be,mostly coz they wuld live in fear from ppl like u who arent so accepting of others and their gifts.

good lord im glad they arent real thou, culd u imagine.

ayjay
wow...i'd love to have mutant friends.....i mean..if they had a good personlaity and i got along with them....i dunn see why they couldnt be accepted...as long as they didnt abuse their gifts.,...sure i wuold be jealous as hell though....

Ignite
it wuld be great thou huh? but u wuld kinda wanna be one i guess...powers wuld be great.

pr1983
of course, powers would be the coolest...

but what if you had two heads and four arms...

Ignite
two heads and four arms....just imgaine the kinda stuff u culd
do...hehe.... wink

pr1983
laughing

you get what i mean, and some powers are terrible...

in one comic there was a kid and his body naturally secreted this weird gas that killed anyone within a certain distance...

there was a kid who was bascially a living bomb...

Ignite
wat comic was that?
it wuld sux if u were like rouge i guess,
without the additional powers....and i wuldnt wanna be maggot....
but now i just want two heads and four arms!! big grin

gambitindaflesh
Ugh, for one, it is a fact that mutants would indeed be considered human, just as there are several different types of dogs, whether a chihuahua or a mastiff, they are all dogs.

Now if you are in support of humanity than you are in support of you know, what is HUMANE, if you can not accept the differences in the billions of humans than I'm sorry, this world is not based around you and so tough, deal with it.

Animals deserve much more rights than they are currantly entitled too and I am sorry if your mom and dad did not teach you how to love and respect animals, mabye you should look into expanding your horizons. Don't get me started.

NOW, the only thing that is for sure is that for someone who does not like unusual body parts considered freaky ELEVEN INCHES is a stupid name that also leads me to feel that your inHUMANe oppinion is based around your own petty insecurities. Bam, there you go.

gambitindaflesh
the reason you wouldn't like muties is because you lack the ability to properly socialize in a nice, understanding and friendly matter and are afraid that a mutie might mess you up.
Just as you probably are not a dog lover which only means you do not understand them and which would make you afraid of them because a dog could take your face off before you could blink, the miraculous thing though is that dogs are kind and love humans which makes these things uncommon.

gambitindaflesh
Oh, yeah, I also want to point out that YOU are the one lacking in self esteem, ELEVEN INCHES ha!

Ignite
i think thats the best thing ive eva heard..
the bam really topped it off!

eleveninches
mad mad mad
nonono
I just dont want there to be anything that isnt genetically human to be treat like they are human

gambitindaflesh
well, sorry, that's not your call, but go ahead and be a little hating inHUMANe being who lacks compassion and understanding. and again, mutants ARE genetically human, do you know what genetically means? they are not born from the stars buddy. If you are so against people's outside appearances than you are missing the big picture because I can tell all the way from over here that you are ugly.

gambitindaflesh
Oh, and yes, you obviously lack self esteem. why else would you pretend to be eleven inches??? and God of your own world? how many people are in that world, none, because who would want to be?

Mainstream
mutants are humans. I remember on the 90's toon Trask said master mold why are attacking humans..you're suppose to attack humans from mutants. master mold said that is impossible..humans are mutants..their for human have to be protected from themselves...I was like 13 or 14 the first time I saw that episode..but even then I understood the irony.

Napalm
most mutants are freaks like the morlocks they should be kept sepret but the ones that could pass as human such as Professor x would be okey in socioty

gambitindaflesh
yeah, it's a fact, dogs are a great example, there are these different breeds and they have all mutated into these different bodies but they are all still dogs and are almost the same.
There was this awsome special on this where a fox fur farmer was trying to selectivly breed a domestic fox and they started to mutate within two or three generations! That quick, one had lopped ears, one had a different tail and one was white with spots, the changes show up with in a few generations and yet, they are still 100% foxes. It's natural and if you know anything about genetics than you'de understand.
If a human and a human have a mutant baby, the baby is still human, it's not rocket science.

DarkCrawler
So would you kill a monkey without feeling bad? Don't you think that animals don't have any rights? We can kill and torture them as long as we want and it is not wrong?

DarkCrawler
What the crap is this? Some people actually have four arms and there are genetic abnormalies. Should they be treated different way because thay are not like us? What if an alien species would come from space. They would torture, destroy and hate us because we arent, uh...Rqtuws's. Would you not think that they are wrong? That they would have right to do everything they want to do to us, just because thay are different species?

gambitindaflesh
Good job Darkcrawler, monkeys are a different species, yes, but human mutants are not a different species from humans

Napalm
But seriously do you want guys like maggot and leech walking down the streets

DarkCrawler
Yes, but they have genetic abnormalities. They aren't 100% same then "normal" humans.

DarkCrawler
If they don't do anything to me...then it is fine. We shouldn't judge people by how they look, or, *sigh* what species they are...

We should judge them by how they think.

Napalm
But still It aint the most plesent thing in the world

DarkCrawler
No, I would probably feel uneasy with them. I feel uneasy with gay people, mentally handicapped people and people that look strange...

But I don't try to kill them for it. Nor do I shout at them in streets. And I treat them with the same respect that I treat other people.

But yes, I feel uneasy with them.

gambitindaflesh
You don't have a choice, if they exist then the exist, you need to make the best of it and deal with it, I'm sure the more unusual they look the more kind they are the better they respond to kind treatment.

If you want to call it an abnormality than that is an opinion, it can also be viewed as evlution. Everyone has genetic abnormalities, genes that are prone to diabetes, asthma, cancers, those are genetic most of the time and are abnormalities. It is the evolution that has adjusted to our society, environmental conditioning. Some dogs are bred to be fast and there are consiquences to that (heart problems) or cute like pugs will be prone to problems with the nasal passages, eyes, all that. Athletes are prone to joint problems, I hope you get the point.

DarkCrawler
I got it. Thanks smile

pr1983
i've had:

lung cancer, asthma, and i have bright blue eyes...

am i a mutant?

DarkCrawler
DIE, FREAK! mad

stick out tongue

Mainstream
their is one thing that sets mutants apart from regular human and that's the X gene...in reality human all constant evolving right..so mutants..the freak with the powers would be the true human and the "normal humans" would be the the freaks. Scott said something to that effect in "God loves man kills"

pr1983
*runs from lynch mob*

DarkCrawler
One question, let's assume that you would have a sibling or a child...(depending on your age) If s/he would be an mutant would you hate him/her because of that? Would you not treat him/her like a human?

gambitindaflesh
He probably would, and people like that are the reason sick o's walk the Earth.

DarkCrawler
You better run, you blue-eyed freak. I ain't wanting any dirty muties in the forum o' mine.... pirate

DarkCrawler
http://www.squidi.net/amd/comic/amd1-203.gif

From squidi.net. Awsome webcomic. smile

gambitindaflesh
laughing

I think blue eyes and blonde hair might be considered partial albinism. They have white dobermans now a days that have blue eyes and are lightly colored, they are partially albino and are discouraged because along with the look comes problems such as light sensativity, sensativity to the sun, aggression tendencies amongst some other things. Poor temperment and health basically. I don't know if this has anything to do with human blondes or blue eyed, but with dogs there are also duluted colors which is genetic, light colored dobes like blue which is a diluted black dog, fawn which is a diluted red dobe these diluted colored dobermans tend to have poor hair, skin, get sun burned and they tend to have thyroid disease, amongst other things. Blondes and blue eyes are diluted human colors and probably come with their own set of 'prone to's' not trying to offend anyone, but this is science.
I am very fair skinned and I burn to the point of scarring if left in the sun-he he For some reason I did not burn in New Mexico but I burn in New England... I am guessing it is the Ozone, everything is environmental too.

ayjay
im brown...i never gotten burnt in my life...and im 18..so yes...i think im kool....HAHAHA..ah k i'll shatap now..

gambitindaflesh
brown is my favorite color

No, really, it is. Took me a couple years to realize it because everything I owned and liked was brown. I then decided to allow other colors into my life. Green is my second favorite.

Anyway, at least I'm not babbling about genetics and dog breeding!

ayjay
hahahah!...." then decided to allow other colors into my life"...omg..funny....o0o kool....u like brown....we should be able to get on well then smile

platinumx
am i wrong but isnt it HUMAN MOMMY+HUMAN DADDY=HUMAN BABY, mutant or not?

pr1983
my eyes actually change colour... in summer they turn to an almost clear transparent blue, like crystal, in winter they're like a royal blue... its weird...

ayjay
wo0o0aaaa....

eleveninches
I dont want there to be ANY mutants, so therefore, my sibling or child would not be a mutant.

And it would depend on how deformed they were. If they had more than 2 eyes, or extra limbs, then no, i would not love them at all.

eleveninches
They would have to have got the mutant gene from somewhere. It's about genetics, not mutation. In the x-men, mutants are not mutated humans, they are a genetically different species.

eleveninches
I AM god of my own world. Don't persecute my religious beliefs mad

So, you are saying that i should have compassion for bacteria and maleria?
They are different species.
Or are you going to yell at me because i wasnt compassionate about killing the germs when i got washed this morning

pr1983
no, they are human with one extra gene, they are evolved humans if anything...

eleveninches
No. Mutation is only evolution if it helps them to survive better. So if they get killed by an anti-mutant mob, then their mutation is actually a hinderence to their survival, so it isnt actually evolution

pr1983
then why are they called homo superior?

eleveninches
because that's what they want you to think. If you believe it, then you've bought into the hype and betrayed humanity (homo sapiens)

pr1983
dude, you can't be serious...

eleveninches
im deadly serious. I thought that you couldnt be serious. DO you really want to devolve into a mutated state?

pr1983
i never said i did...

that wouldn't stop me from accepting mutants as a part of a society, they're people too...

what if i were a mutant? would you even reply to my posts?

eleveninches
They're Mutants. Not people. My argument is that they are NOT human.

pr1983
they'd be human enough for me...

eleveninches
not if their physical features means they have more in common with animals than with humans. I mean, if there was one with 8 eyes and 8 legs, it would NOT be welcome in my house, and i would want it killed for being an insult to humanity

DarkCrawler
Ok, you are sick. If someone thinks like a human, looks like an human, and is nice and friendly, and doesn't do anything to you, you want still it killed? God, they are still etc. citizens of USA even if they are different species. Killing animals without any good reason is against the law. Killing someone who has human thoughts, is aware of himself hand hasn't done anything to you, is against the law and you would probably end in prison for that. I think that constitution of the USA says somthing about that.

Do you think that apes are insult to humanity? Are cats or dogs?

And you haven't still answered this.

eleveninches
Um, I dont any humans with 8 eyes and 8 legs.
You are just SICK!!!

gambitindaflesh
Humans ARE animals genius... I am not saying it is wrong to kill, for instance your pathetic germ excuse, it is the motive that counts, it's obvious that there is a difference between taking a shower or picking an apple and killing some human being because he/she is an insult to you and your own little lonely, pathetic world.

About mutants not surviving because of haters like you??? I have a hunch that you are a person who is/will have a hard time surviving in THE REAL WORLD, because we all know what happens to people like you when they don't keep their mouths shut in a crowd.

Eigth eyes and eight arms could never be as hidious as you are.

eleveninches
/\you are seriously twisted and disturbed. im putting you on my ignore list

eleveninches
sick

eleveninches
Human beings dont have 8 legs or eyes. you are SOOO messed up

eleveninches
What makes you think they would think like uss??

This thread has some people who hold really sick and disturbing viewpoints, so im just going to ignore it from now on. I've made my point. Goodbye

ayjay
nah ah..i still gotta say sumtin!.....mutants..in x-men n e way....are humans who have an extra gene....thus alowing them to do things that other humans couldnt...but they still hold human dna...

and in reference to the whole bacteria thing....bacteria isnt sentient....cows are not sentient....cockroaches are not sentient....mutants WOULD be sentient beings...with minds, opinions, thoughts etc....exactly like humans....onlye...evolved i guess.....and like said b4..evolution occurs to allow the subject to prtect itself from it environment or to allow it to live easier.....it doesnt have n e hitng to do with prejudice...its to do with the natural environment....so yeeh..i dunno why humans would need to evolve...but if they did...and turned into mutants....they would still be part of the human species.....just....a little more developed...thus....i would try to treat mutants the same as any other human....but i guess having ppl who could walk through walls or with x-ray vision or wateva would be a little intimidating and uncomfortable

gambitindaflesh
Animals are just as emotional as humans. I work with animals and deal with behavior and training, I KNOW.

gambitindaflesh
The fact that people do not recognize this is what causes most of the problems. They are a product of our lack of compassion and understanding and a human/mutant in this situation would be dangerous and terrible, not to mention unethical.

pr1983
ayjay, cows are sentient...

DarkCrawler
Goodbye, sicko.

Napalm
Reptile don't I work at a zoo and trust me I have never seen an example of a snake or lizerd showing an emotion

Napalm
If it was a really deformed one like maggot,leech,or nightcrawler Id kill it

gambitindaflesh
I feel sorry for the reptiles you work with, what do you do???

Napalm
I feed them and clean there cages Trust me I love my reptile but even I know they arn't capable of self awarness

gambitindaflesh
Oh, they are self aware or else they wouldn't survive, I do think they have feelings but not near as atuned as warm bloods. They certainly do have a right to live in peace.

ayjay
serious? daang....iono....i dun see cows and other animals having a soul or wtavea....they may be intellignet and self aware....but yeeh...i dun see cows comming close to sentience

gambitindaflesh
have you ever known a cow??? people just don't know much about these animals and even if they spend time with one, they just don't understand them, often underestimating them. There is a definate conciousness to all animals and it is scientifically proven due to all the psychological experiments and the behavior modification.

ayjay
o0o...koool....now i kinda feel bad when i eat beef, lamb, steak, porkchops, bacon, spare ribs, pork ribs, chicken, mutten, ham and duck....ah well....

gambitindaflesh
I'm not against consuming animals, but I am against torturing them to death with no regard of their lives (commercial meat factories) I am also against the nasy process of mass meat factories where it is extremely unsanitary to the point where people actually die from consuming the products. A nasty, immoral industry.

Mainstream
do you eat meat Gamby?

DarkCrawler
I eat meat.

ayjay
i eat meat too....but i HATE ppl who torture animals...like...over here in aus...there was this case...where these 3 guys started to kick this poor littl kitten, and like strated running over it with their bikes and stuff....so sad...they got arrested....so sucked in to them

gambitindaflesh
Yes I eat meat, I used to be hard core vegitarian, I eat health foods and try to stick with all natural, organic or wild meats. There's an amazing difference between the these meats and nasy, hormone crap. The texture and the taste. Eggs too. Even if you don't care about animals sufferring to death in their own waste you should do it for your health. You know what causes mad cow disease??? Cows are fed the dead cows, they are casterated and their ovaries are torn from their bodies WITHOUT anesthesia or painkillers (too expensive, just like food is too expensive) they will be processed while still alive sometimes, it's nasty torture and it's unhealthy for you too.
Maybe you don't think reptiles or cows are very 'with it' (I disagree) but it's still wrong to torture them, there's no reason for it unless your some multi billionaire who gets rich from feeding animals their own waste and carcassas and withholding painkillers or anesthesia. Which is ILLEGAL if you or I were to deny our dog vet care or proper food, but not these jerks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.