Strong Guy vs. Colossus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eden Unicorn
bashStrong Guys only weakness is that he feels the pain when he is hit but it makes him stronger. Does he outclass Colossus?shaun bunny

juggernaut74
I dont know but I think Colossus can hit pretty hard.

Zahit
i'd say Colossus gives him a beat-down.

pr1983
i'm going with colossus, strong guy aint the sharpest tool in the box and from what i've seen it seems his organic steel is more durable...

Ignite
i dont think strong guy culd out class him..nor n e one really laughing....colossus wuld win easily....plus he does hit pretty hard..... rolling on floor laughing

Vegetto
Strong Guy absorbs kinetic energy to make himself stronger, so the more hits he takes is the more he can give back. Just going by fighting skill It would be Colossus, but eventually Guido would get strong enough to take Peter down.

Also I don't know if feeling the pain is really considered a weakness...
But I do know that if he doesn't discharge the enegry he gathers he becomes disfigured.

juggernaut74
All Colossus would have to do is choke him to death.

Mainstream
gotta go with Peter on this one.

ebonyblade1
The last I check strong guy, retired because of reoccuring heart condition. If he still has it. At peters current strength level, he'd give dude a serious heart attack or stroke.

Mainstream
yeah Strong guy may be strong but he still has a weak heart...but Strong guy fans (if thier are any) fear not...he'll be back...heros tend to do that.

DarkCrawler
Strong Guy faints from the pain...

muffin man
colossus would sooo win

Mainstream
Indeed he would muffin man.

muffin man
ermDocuments and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\tmnt smilies\confused.gif has anyone said strong man ermDocuments and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\tmnt smilies\confused.gif

Swanky-Tuna
Muffin_man, you have to upload the images to a webhost then do the thing to post images without uploading them to the board.

ScarletSpider
Strong Guy would start to get stronger than Colossus, then he'd crap his pants and have a heart attack.

GRIMM THING
http://www.marveldirectory.com/pics/picss/strongguy.jpg

Tron
And just how do you do that, by the way? I've been trying to figure that sh*t out for months, lol.

manjaro
i so want to go with strong guy on this one cuz he's basically a stronger version of sebastion shaw. also just like evry other...well...strong guy he has invulnerabilty. we dont know how absolute his is, ut its invulnerability none the less, so i say he gets knocked around a little until he's strong enuff to either bring it to a stalemate or take down peter altogether

Wynndar
u should compare people they have both fought....like the Hulk or Blob...This one is hard to call...I used to love X-Factor, and Strong guy was one of my favorite characters...back in the early nineties when he was a character and i was just an elementary school kid.

snoopdogg
Good fight. I might side with Colossus.

jrodslam
Two of my favorite X-Members.

This is a pretty good fight imo. I see dodging and missing on both sides. I do think that the more Colossus hits Guido without actually knocking him out, the better for Guido.

I just want to say that the crap in WWH-X-Men with Guido being hurt by absorbing too much energy is wrong imo. Forge made that pace-maker for him and its NEVER suppose to overload. Is it because Hulks strength was too much and the pace-maker wasnt designed to absorb THAT much? Probably, but i really didint like that part. I dont think Strong Guy has to worry bout that here really.

Im undecided for the most part. It depends on a couple of things.

5/10 for now.

CaptainStoic
The Hulk hit him so hard once that he nearly exploded, Peter should beat him into a coma.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
The Kulk hit him so hard once that he nearly exploded, Peter should beat him into a coma.

So . . . many . . . things wrong . . . with that . . . post . . .

CaptainStoic
Don't be so pedantic I made a mistake, I meant Hulk.

Symmetric Chaos
Don't be so pedantic I made a mistake, I meant Hulk.

OK. I missed your typo completely though.

jrodslam
The Hulk hit him so hard once that he nearly exploded, Peter should beat him into a coma.

That must have been pre Forge pace-maker. Secondly, Colossus doesnt hit that hard.

snoopdogg
Prof. Hulk was beating the crap out of Strong Guy back in the day. Somebody mentioning during the fight Hulk was killing him and they had better help him or some sh!t.

snoopdogg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/StrongGuyvsHulk.jpg

I realize Guido's implants help him out or atleast they are suppose to. I'd still say this fight comes down to who can take more abuse and imo that's Colossus. Plus Colossus has metahuman stamina and can go on for like a week before he gets tired. And Guido's has to play a pretty good game of catchup in power as he starts out at 50 tons and Colossus is already at 100 tons.

Good fight either way.

snoopdogg
I'm bored.

Bump.

jrodslam
Why? Lol.

KingD19
It's not just Strong Guy's heart you have to take into consideration, it's his max strength level and power time limit. He has to discharge the energy he absorbs within 90 seconds, or he'll be permanently distorted, he's already in agonizing pain from the existing distortion, if it keeps adding up, he'll either go insane or die. Also, his base strength is 50 tons, and his max is not over 100 tons, while Colossus is way past the 100 mark. So basically, the Tin Can could wail on him for less than two minutes with all he's got, and the fight is won. I am a Colossus fan, but I go with facts.

jrodslam
Originally posted by KingD19
It's not just Strong Guy's heart you have to take into consideration, it's his max strength level and power time limit. He has to discharge the energy he absorbs within 90 seconds, or he'll be permanently distorted, he's already in agonizing pain from the existing distortion, if it keeps adding up, he'll either go insane or die. Also, his base strength is 50 tons, and his max is not over 100 tons, while Colossus is way past the 100 mark. So basically, the Tin Can could wail on him for less than two minutes with all he's got, and the fight is won. I am a Colossus fan, but I go with facts.

If youre looking at the way Strong Guy was portrayed in WWH, then yea, his heart would be something to take into consideration. That shouldnt be the case here. As far as him having to discharge the absorbed energy, that would hardly be a factor in a slugfest considering Colossus will more than likely be in front of him. Hell, Blob landed on him from an airplane then booked it and Guido still had enough time to recover and catch up to him. Thats another thing that shouldnt really be an issue in this fight. His max pressing strength is unknown, however he doesnt have to be 100cl to defeat Colossus. Guido has stopped a moving, loaded 747 with his hands which weighs over 100 tons. Colossus wails on Strong Guy for 2 minutes with all hes got while Guido does nothing? C'mon.erm

snoopdogg
Stopping that plane was a pretty cool feat for Guido. I'll give him that.

KingD19
To Jrod:

I've got nothing against Guido, I actually thinks he's awesome, but the point I was making that if he doesn't discharge the energy he absorbs in 90 seconds, it will distort his body in extremely painful ways. He's already in incredible pain, more distortion will more than likely either take him out of the fight permanently, or kill him. And thinking of the 90 second rule, I'm saying that if Colossus gives him everything he has for a full 90 seconds, then Guido would lose even if he fights back. Because he'll either A, discharge and go back to normal, or B, keep the energy and maybe kill himself from the overload.

jrodslam
^

There arent many fights where Guido has trouble discharging the energy hes absorbed. He knows he has to get rid of it in a certain amount of time, so im not quite sure why youre making it seem as if its a major issue for him in battle.

snoopdogg
Did Guido overload against Blob?

KingD19
I can't really remember, but what I'm trying to say to JRod is that Colossus can pour on the heat. If you've got a guy who can fight Savage Hulk, and take on Green Scar for a little bit, hitting you with everything he's got, which is not just hand to hand, but powerful judo throws as well, you're gonna be hard pressed to remember a 90 second limit. And if you do, and release the energy, you're going to be back to square one, and Strong Guy's square one is the 50 ton benchmark. Colossus is far about the 100 ton benchmark. Strength feats aside, when characters with 50 tons between them fight, the stronger one usually wins.

jrodslam
I can't really remember, but what I'm trying to say to JRod is that Colossus can pour on the heat. If you've got a guy who can fight Savage Hulk, and take on Green Scar for a little bit, hitting you with everything he's got, which is not just hand to hand, but powerful judo throws as well, you're gonna be hard pressed to remember a 90 second limit. And if you do, and release the energy, you're going to be back to square one, and Strong Guy's square one is the 50 ton benchmark. Colossus is far about the 100 ton benchmark. Strength feats aside, when characters with 50 tons between them fight, the stronger one usually wins.

Yes he can pour on the heat, but whats does that mean? Does it mean that He'll go into a rage and Guido couldnt do anything about it? Guido is a skilled h2h combatant as well, so im sure it wouldnt be as easy for Colossus as you may think. With the energy that Guido would be releasing on Pitor is his own powerful hit, amplified. The 100cl stamp thats put on Colossus doesnt mean that every hit delivered is 100cl caliber. I think youre looking at strengh stats a bit to much.

jrodslam
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Did Guido overload against Blob?

Naw he didnt overload. There was a time he fell through the control tower and came out super juiced, but he released the extra energy.

snoopdogg
Didn'te he pass out after the explosion kayoed Blob?

jrodslam
^ After carrying Blobs body out and away from the fire and into a truck, he chatted with teammates for a bit. He stated that he was exhausted and that is was probably from him stopping the plane. After everything was said and done, yea he passed out.

KingD19
Colossus wouldn't have passed out.

Knowsbleed33
I think Guido can take this.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by jrodslam
^ After carrying Blobs body out and away from the fire and into a truck, he chatted with teammates for a bit. He stated that he was exhausted and that is was probably from him stopping the plane. After everything was said and done, yea he passed out. That's right, I knew it was something like that. However I definatley coudln't see Colossus collapsing under those conditions.

jrodslam
That's right, I knew it was something like that. However I definatley coudln't see Colossus collapsing under those conditions.

Maybe, but i couldnt see Colossus stopping the plane like Guido did either.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by jrodslam
Maybe, but i couldnt see Colossus stopping the plane like Guido did either. Colossus stopped that falling starship in Secret Wars while he was injured. He also carried the X-jet out of the bottom of the ocean on his back to shore...while he was a teenager. Guido had to have help just to lift one of the engines of a X-jet iirc.

Metalmanx
Good fight, but Colossus would take the slight majority. Strong Guy puts up a helluva of a fight though.

snoopdogg
Guido did look good against Blob and did kayo Warpath.

Colossus has done well against Gladiator, Juggernaut, and has two kayoes over Blob and one over Savage Hulk. I'd say Colossus' resume is more extensive.

occultdestroyer
In a straight 1-on-1 fight, Strong Guy would win eventually.

KingD19
In a straight blow for blow fist fight, Colossus would come out on top my friend. Colossus has never passed out from a fight, he's been knocked out by the Juggernaut, but that's totally different. Also, he is a better fighter, and stronger than Guido. And every time Guido releases the energy he absorbed, Colossus gains the advantage again. Also, there's the duration of the fight. Strong Guy can fight for about a whole day non stop. Colossus can go for about a week straight. Eventually, the strain of the fight will get to Guido, and he will go down.

snoopdogg
Bump.

Guido looked good against Thing.

Colossus-Big C
strong guy current doesnt have the heart weakness, he can absorb any amount of kinetic force so if colossus goes toe to toe he would eventually surpass him in strength
but even then colossus has taken blows from juggernaut with out injury so idk
colossus still can choke him to death or rip his arms off..

snoopdogg
I don't think Guido can absorb any amount. Just a higher amount.

mrpress
Bump.

Guido looked good against Thing.

No he didn't. He pretty much got pummeled easily. Would have been all over if Shatterstar hadn't stepped in.

An issue or two later the Thing pretty much just swatted Guido out of his way.

snoopdogg
Guido effortlessly caught Ben's punch.

Bentley
Ben owns Guido.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Good fight, but Colossus would take the slight majority. Strong Guy puts up a helluva of a fight though. This

Colossus-Big C
i guess current colossus has a healing factor also his arm was snapped and next issues its perfectly fine

snoopdogg
I heard that.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
i guess current colossus has a healing factor also his arm was snapped and next issues its perfectly fine

Keep on dreaming.

Lord_Dagoth
Colossus wins.

Angel Watching
Colossus

snoopdogg
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Keep on dreaming. That's what happened though.

StiltmanFTW
That's what happened though.

In X-Men Legacy #237 we don't see if his arm healed.

snoopdogg
In X-Force it isn't damaged.

StiltmanFTW
In X-Force it isn't damaged.

I don't see his left arm on the preview pages of that issue either.

snoopdogg
Really?

StiltmanFTW
Really?

CBR preview.

Well, in the distance he is standing next to Beast, but basing on that panel I wouldn't say his arm healed.

snoopdogg
I wouldn't say it's broken either.

chomperx9
this is spite colossus is class 100 strength. strong guy's class level is 50

Colossus-Big C
i mean he had to sleep right? if his arm was still broken he could of died because he has to revert to human

snoopdogg
Originally posted by chomperx9
this is spite colossus is class 100 strength. strong guy's class level is 50 Guido can reach Class 100 levels.

StiltmanFTW
i mean he had to sleep right?

facepalm

Colossus-Big C
lol i just realized my post

KingD19
Guido can reach Class 100 levels.

Yeah, but Thing and Rockslide were handling him just fine...Colossus would have no troubles.

As for the issue of his arm, whether it's healed or not, they have ways of healing it rather quickly, so there's chances it could be...chances it couldn't.

snoopdogg
Yeah, but Thing and Rockslide were handling him just fine...Colossus would have no troubles.

As for the issue of his arm, whether it's healed or not, they have ways of healing it rather quickly, so there's chances it could be...chances it couldn't. Colossus has tooled Rockslide a few times. Once while he was formed by rocks from Limbo.

Colossus-Big C
the last time colossus arms were simply bent thats why it was fixed easily
this time is fractured with the insides exposed
nimrod>wwh eh

KingD19
the last time colossus arms were simply bent thats why it was fixed easily
this time is fractured with the insides exposed
nimrod>wwh eh

Yeah...and they've got healers who can cure cancer and shit...a broken arm is no biggie.

And Colossus has tooled Rockslide...every time.

StiltmanFTW
One healer. Elixir. And his powerset changed post-Necrosha methinks...

Colossus-Big C
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/47175/1287549-xmenv2001_dc31_lr_0001_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/47175/1287547-xmenv2001_dc11_lr_0001_super.jpg

KingD19
One healer. Elixir. And his powerset changed post-Necrosha methinks...

Have they shown anything to say it changed? I remember he killed Wither by turning Death Black and like...making him disintegrate, but I saw nothing that says his abilities have changed.

snoopdogg
I wonder of Guido is strong enough to bend Colossus' arm? He did in WWHulk X-Men. Guido did pretty well against Hulk.

KingD19
I wonder of Guido is strong enough to bend Colossus' arm? He did in WWHulk X-Men. Guido did pretty well against Hulk.

No, no he's not.

snoopdogg
Didn't Guido bend then back into place?

Colossus-Big C
he did it because they soften his metal by extreme high temperatures.

snoopdogg
he did it because they soften his metal by extreme high temperatures. Sh!t, that's right. Nevermind.

KingD19
Yeah, they used high powered lasers to soften his arm, then it got bent back into place and Elixir healed it when he turned human.

StiltmanFTW
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/47175/1287549-xmenv2001_dc31_lr_0001_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/47175/1287547-xmenv2001_dc11_lr_0001_super.jpg

1) Covers are not canon.

2) Of course he'll recover, but not by himself.

Have they shown anything to say it changed? I remember he killed Wither by turning Death Black and like...making him disintegrate, but I saw nothing that says his abilities have changed.

1) He didn't want anyone to make physical contact him because of that.

2) There are lots of X-Men in the infirmary, yet we don't see Elixir curing any of them.

-K-M-
X-Men Second Coming #2 just proved Colossus does NOT have a healing factor.

It took 25,000 psi to reset the bone.

chomperx9
colossus strength level 100
strong guy strength level 50

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -K-M-

It took 25,000 psi to reset the bone.

thumb up

The preview page was posted in Colossus thread some time ago.

strong guy strength level 50

Stop posting.

-K-M-
Didn't see it, my mistake

chomperx9
thumb up

Stop posting. NEVA

snoopdogg
strong guy strength level 50 Guido can reach 100 ton levels.

chomperx9
Guido can reach 100 ton levels. not right off the back though. colossus is 100 ton level all the time

snoopdogg
not right off the back though. colossus is 100 ton level all the time True.

r0nm0n88
colossus is over 100ton, at least 500 ton imo, and he crushes strong guy, not only is he stronger his durability is superior as well.

KingD19

1) He didn't want anyone to make physical contact him because of that.

2) There are lots of X-Men in the infirmary, yet we don't see Elixir curing any of them.

In X-Force Sex and Violence, he healed Domino with no problems.....BOOOYAH!!!!!! big grin

Battlehammer
In X-Force Sex and Violence, he healed Domino with no problems.....BOOOYAH!!!!!! big grin
time line remeber, it is quite possible that took place before.

snoopdogg

It took 25,000 psi to reset the bone. Odd. In X-Force #28 he was shown punching a Nimrod with is left arm.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Battlehammer
time line remeber, it is quite possible that took place before.

It did. Wasn't XF Sex and Violence written a year or so ago?

Odd. In X-Force #28 he was shown punching a Nimrod with is left arm.

Simple mistake made by the artist or writer.

To be precise, that wasn't a nimrod, just Creed or Lang in their full techno-organic form stick out tongue

snoopdogg
I saw another preview from Uncanny or something and it showed his right arm in a sling.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, I saw it too.

snoopdogg
That's sad Marvel can let this kind of crap happen.

Colossus-Big C

It took 25,000 psi to reset the bone. holy crap
considering the area of colossus arms in inches , thats well over 100 Tons in total pressure to snap a bone back in place

cdtm
Originally posted by Wonder Man
bashStrong Guys only weakness is that he feels the pain when he is hit but it makes him stronger. Does he outclass Colossus?shaun bunny

So he's like Pitt?

chomperx9
Originally posted by cdtm
So he's like Pitt? colossus would have to hit him abunch of times befiore strong guy gets to colossus level. but honestly i think colossu would knock him out before SG gets a chance to upgrade.

Colossus-Big C
colossus doesnt need to hit him.
he simply chockes him into submission

Ptr_Grifin
That's sad Marvel can let this kind of crap happen.

It seems that if your favorite strong guy isn't big, green and stupid, they are going to get low showings and be portrayed as far weaker than they should be.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
It seems that if your favorite strong guy isn't big, green and stupid, they are going to get low showings and be portrayed as far weaker than they should be. I was talking about the inconsistencies between the writers. In the same story one writer has Colossus get his left arm broke, the next writer has him fighting with left arm like nothing is wrong then the next writer shows his right arm in a sling. Goes to show how close Marvel monitors their stuff.

StiltmanFTW
That's nothing compared to other inconsistencies, really.

snoopdogg
That's nothing compared to other inconsistencies, really. Like what? That's pretty bad.

Gecko4lif
people seem to forget that sg cant amp himself with the energy he absorbs like that

think of it as a running tally of newtons of force he is absorbing and everytime he hits back he is losing she equivalent amount

StiltmanFTW
Like what? That's pretty bad.

Like Wolverine encountering Skaar in two different books that came out the same day. What's even funnier, the writer of Origins seemed to know nothing about it and the editor wasn't sure how to explain it.

X-23 surprising Logan with the claws of her own even though they met and fought before.

At least two writers forgetting about Daken's muramasa coated claws.

Iceman needing a telepath to amplify his powers... again.

I can go on.

snoopdogg
But you'd think on a crossover event such as this all the writers and artists would be on the same page.

Creshosk
But you'd think on a crossover event such as this all the writers and artists would be on the same page. When the writers forget about the characters they made, you can't expect any sort of continuity from comic books.

-K-M-
But you'd think on a crossover event such as this all the writers and artists would be on the same page.

Infinity War was pretty bad for this, as well as even recently with Cry for Justice in DC.

SuperiorTech
Siege was pretty bad with that stuff as well.

snoopdogg
Kinda makes you wonder why we even bother with vs. forums.

juggernaut74
Have these two ever tussled at some time? Tested their strength perhaps?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.