star wars novels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jimmy986
i am new to star wars back story and Eu so iwas wondering if the novels the star wars movies are based off of that i keep reading about are novels in the traditional sense or if they are just like scripts/notes/ideas. if they are put into actual novel form i assume the movies are different or the anticipation wouldnt be much at all. so why did he decide to make movies? why did he change the story going into the movies? why werent the novels very popular? I am also wondering why the movies are based off of the books if the early movies for the scripts were (presumably written after the books) were so different i.e Luke Starkiller and he was a jedi knight from the very beginning? also where can i find these books?

Stunrun
i think this question belongs in another forum. Im sure your question will be answered in the EU sectionsmile

jimmy986
i dont really think it counts as EU since i am referring directly to the movies and GLs early works on them. It has nothing to do with any EU storyline. I just want to know about the books GL supposedly wrote and based the books on.

Jedi Priestess
All novels are indeed considered EU for KMC forums purposes. smile

This site has alot of the books listed in chronological order.

http://books.echostation.com/

jimmy986
i am talking about the novels written by GL himself. i am not talking about any novels written by any other authors. i am talking about the very novels that i have heard are written by GL and that is what the movies are based on. i dont see how they would be considered EU. that would be like considering early scripts EU. They are really not EU they are just early versions of the star wars universe.i hope you now know what i am talking about.

Jedi Priestess
I have always know what you are talking about. What we are trying to explain is that this is the Episode 3 section. ALL BOOKS are in the EU section.

Sadako of Girth
Yup. Its as the Priestess says......

smoker4
thumb up

jimmy986
i just thought that if GL wrote a book that Ep 3 is based on it would have some merit in the Ep 3 forum.that makes sense to me but i will ask in the Eu section

Jedi Priestess
thumbsup And Lucas didnt write the ROTS novel, Matt Stover did.

jimmy986
well i was also wondering about the other novels. i always thought the novels were based on the movies not the other way around.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.