Modest Mouse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tex
Has anyone heard of this band?!?

I love them!

Check them out! thumb up

lil bitchiness
They're not my thing. They have some Indi-rock style going, they sound very unusual, they're ok just not my stuff.

They make me think of Travis and Stereophonics for some reason.

Tex
yes
!

Think_Souls
As much as I've heard of them, some stuff is really cool. Kind of Pixie-ish

Tptmanno1
I must say,
"Float on" is THE trippiest video I have ever seen

lil bitchiness
Ive heard the song, but ive never seen the video.

<<Solo>>
Awesome band they're coming to Reno sometime soon and I definately need to go.It should be cheap too.

Black Onyx
they tight

ElectricBugaloo
maybe they'll get some kids into indie music

but i don't really like them all that much

mah
They're definitely better than Travis and Stereophonics as lil b compared them to.

I like them somewhat..they're pretty good. Not favourites, but quality stuff.

Darth Revan
I like Modest Mouse yes

SeptemberRain
Modest Mouse kicks arse!

sk8stuff09
Hey, Modest Mouse rules! does anybody else like them? i got there new album its melodicly cool. i even have the "float on" ringtone on my cell phone! Happy Dance

Black Onyx
rock

you musical taste is excellent

SeptemberRain
Modest Mouse rocks

CaPtaInCLaUdiA
Modest mouse is soo good even thought their video resembles "Take me out" by franz ferdinand.

still modest mouse is an awesome band smile

LilKitty
Yeah, also, use the search function the next time, since there are 2 threads already on Modest mouse.

Modest Mouse thread

Another Modest Mouse thread

Kaleanae
I like Modest Mouse smile

Deathblow
I heard their song on the radio today, and what can I say...they've obviously spent a lot of time listening to Pixies. So pretty good.

scabby mcgee
I'm a huge fan. Does anyone here own "Moon and Antarctica"? If you don't own it yet I reccomend it.

scabby mcgee
man that makes me want to cry (tears of sadness not joy), how the hell did Modest Mouse get a ringtone. These are dark days. But anyways buy "Moon and Antarctica"

i like modest mouse as well

Stacey7331
i've been looking everywhere and i dont cant find the Float on ringtone...where can i get it?

ElectricBugaloo
I didn't really like any of their previous albums, but I like Good News...

PrefectRonnykin
i listeningto them right now happy

i just got the CD Good news for people who love bad news

Silver Stardust
Heh, I've known about them for about a year and a half...they rock yes

lil bitchiness
They will be on main stage this year at Leeds fest yes

§nakehead
Im never listinin to them! One time I heard a bjork cd and blood ozzed out of my ears!

Alpha Centauri
Might wanna seek medical attention there Snakehead.

-AC

Tex
nerd

I believe they're playing in the UK tonight.
They come to Texas in September! smile

khalla
Ya i love modest mouse my fav song by them is Talking Shit about A Pretty Sunset

Tex
I've been doing some research on them.
It's amazing they're still alive.
Horrible depression spells torments many members of the band.
I guess that's why their music kick so much ass!

Depressed people always create the best shit! laughing out loud

lil bitchiness
detective oh how exciting!

Silver Stardust
Oooh...any idea if they'll be coming to Chicago anytime soon? smile

Tex
Nope, so far they only have the UK dates listed and 2 dates in Austin.

Norma Jean
Their old stuff is really good.

SlipknoT
They're ok

StinkFist462
havent heard there old stuff

DEFCON One
I have heard the songs Float on and Ocean Breathes SAlty. I like them because they sound very unique

SnakeEyes
^ Those are the only 2 songs i have heard from them... But i think they are pretty cool. The vocals are definitely unique and the way the guitar sounds is also that way.

StinkFist462
i have there Good News For People Who Love Bad News ... its a pretty good CD , too lazy to buy anything else of theres

Morgoths_Wrath
The Moon & Antarctica is one of my favorite albums. Lonesome Crowded West is pretty good too but it's not for everyone (if you're looking for another 'TM&A' this isn't it). I've have to agree that they resembe the Pixies a bit, but they are just Modest Mouse to me. Good News isn't bad, but I prefer their older stuff.

Morgoths_Wrath
if you liked Good News, buy The Moon & Antarctica! I promise you won't be disapointed!

Gambit Lebeau
they rock ocean breathes salty and worms vs birds are the best songs. did anyone catch them on saturday night live?

Imaginary
I like Float On smile

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by StinkFist462
i have there Good News For People Who Love Bad News ... its a pretty good CD , too lazy to buy anything else of theres

well, get off your lazy ass and buy "The Moon and Antarctica" and "The Lonesome Crowded West" NOW!!

Morgoths_Wrath
I can't believe no one else here is really into them!

I think they're amazing, one of my favorite bands.

))TrAuMa((
Ocens breath salty and paper thin walls are my favorites!

chillmeistergen
I'm truly interested to know people's favourite Modest Mouse album (?)

Bardock42

Shinde Imasu
I'm afraid to say, but to be perfectly honest, I've never even heard of them. I might go YouTube them now, just to find out what their sound is like.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Shinde Imasu
I'm afraid to say, but to be perfectly honest, I've never even heard of them. I might go YouTube them now, just to find out what their sound is like. I heard of them before, though, admittedly the only reason why I checked them out as soon as I did was Johnny Marr joining them. But I liked what I heard.

chillmeistergen
It's between Lonesome Crowded West and Good News For People Who Love Bad News, for me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.