Tomorrow After the War Began

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rambo
Hi, anybody here ever read a book called, "Tomorrow After the War Began"? I forgot who the author was. It was about a group of Australian teens who go camping deep in the forest for a weekend and when they return,they learn that thier country(Australia) has been invaded. And apparently they are the only ones not captured and put into Holding Camps. So they decide not to give up but to fight for thier country by being Gurellas. I thought that this was a good book. I dont really know anybody who has read it. If you have I'd like to hear your comments on the book, and also if you have read any of the sequels?

Jason

tomorrow88
yep sure have heard of them! and read all in the series.Have you read them all or just the first? You must read them all! They're by Australia's top teen writer John Marsden. Infact the books are Australia's number 1 books. They are actually planning to make them into movies and are in the process of script writing. They just need some money or somehting. But if it all works out it will be one hell of a movie!!

big grin Happy Dance

Rambo
I've read the first 3 books and thought that there were only 3. I really enjoyed the books very much. Recently I went online and found there were more then 3 books in the same series. I need to reread the first 3 again cause its been about 3 years since i read them, and then get the others ones. I think if it was to be made a movie it would be very good if they made it right.

tomorrow88
Yeah I reckon they'd be great if they made them right. I actually know the guy who is writing the script. There are another 4 books in the series and then there's a second series that deals with Ellie still. Not as good as the originals though. Still good though.

m!$hA
oh my god this series is so good droolio
ive only read them once, which was only this year embarrasment
but i know that maybe next year, or the year after, when i forget what happens, ill definently re-read them!

Unregisteredbob
wat is tommow

teli_tubi
hell yeh this rocks this book theyve even made a movie no i love em to well i cant really say much more than nice meeting yah and hope ya read the ellie cronicals after you read the tomorrow series its not as good as tomorrow but its kewl Happy Dance well thats it see a some other time mate i gotta have a nother smokin' it really makes me feel so starwars no not like that you shit like youpi

Cid
I'm reading book number three now. It's an awesome series.
P.S It's called Tomorrow WHEN the War Began

spidergrl
Thank you, at least someone knew the name of the book and the author and spelt it propaly.

Tomorrow, when the war began. By John Marsden

I have just finished the first book and starting on the second one. Its a great series and I totally loved the first book and can't wait to get further on the second book!!

Cid
wouldn't it be cool if they made it into a movie.

spidergrl
i thought that, but i dont know, i think it wouldnt work, because more than half the book she is writing down her thoughts and feelings, they would act that out....it woudlnt work

Cid
never thought of that.

spidergrl
ok. I just finished the 2nd book, it wasnt as good as the first....and HEAPS of graphic writing in there confused

And I cant believe:

And Chris Dies, I cant believe that. Stupid drunken alcholic

Cid
I'm about halfway through the third and it's just getting interesting now.

spidergrl
o0o0o0 im about 1/4 through the 3rd. where are you up to?

they just got kevin back!

Cid
blowing up the ship

spidergrl
yea im about just before that. They are about to get in the back of the truck to go into the ship

Cid
just started on book #4. i thought that the end of #3 was slightly rushed.

spidergrl
Yea I know what you mean, and im hating the beginning of the books, they seem so boring and just like come on...

book 4 is good, i liked that one very much. im up to book 5 now, half way through it, man this one is excellent when you get into it, i can hardly stop reading it

Cid
most people said that book 5 was shite and boring.

Cid
damn you read fast.

spidergrl
hahaha I know, and I have a life as well lol wink

Imaginary
I haven't read them yet, though I will soon. Most of my friends have read the series and really like it. There's also a new book focusing on Ellie called "While I Live"

spidergrl
Yea, i have that ready for me when im finished this series.....

im starting book 6 tonight stick out tongue

spidergrl
Im on book 7 eek! im nearly finished sad

Cid
i'm still on book 4 sad i just can't be f***ed reading it.

spidergrl
YOU HAVE TO!!! CARRY ON.... it gets better I tell you.......READ!! happy

Cid
the start of it makes New Zealand look bad imo

spidergrl
Why what does new zealand do at the beginning?? wink and thanks... i livei n nz

Rambo
ive only read 4 of them but that was like 5 years ago. I think im going to reread them then start on the new ones

Cid
huh. thought you were an aussie. well i don't know why but it just does. i'll reread it to find out why.

spidergrl
Ok, no im a new zealander happy

fopret
Book 5 rocks

spidergrl
I does yes

I have only like 10 pages left of the 7th one sad i don't want to finished the series eek!

but then theres like a new series, 'Ellie's Cronicle' or something like that ...... my friend told me what happens in the first chapter and now im angry mad

fopret
Does it sound good?

fopret
Wow book 6 is really good as well anyone think so?

spidergrl
6 is pretty good. Wait untill you get to the 7th, I thought that that was the best out of them all ...

Ellie's cronicle ..... sounds very interesting! You'll be surprised on what happens in the first chapter. Its one of those things that would 'make' or 'break' the story!

fopret
Cool

spidergrl
So you're enjoying them?

fopret
Yeah!

spidergrl
So did I! They were awsome happy

fopret
Im going to go and look for that book you said was intresting ellies cronicle was it? and whats it about?

spidergrl
its the follow off to thise series. In other words, finish this series and then Ellie's Cronicle comes after that!

fopret
Thanks ive got quite a bit left until i finish book 7

spidergrl
lol, well check out that other book AFTER your finished the 7ths.

Whats up with the picture?

fopret
Its star wars is suppose its not the best but i kinda like it.

fopret
do you recommend a change?

spidergrl
Im just wondering why you posted a random picture of starwars on here wink

fopret
I thought it was how you got a permanent picture

spidergrl
nope thats not how it goes! didn't i PM you about this?

fopret
yeah i just thought that was how you did it before the email thanks it helped.

spidergrl
no prob! happy

Cid
cool two new zealanders. what part are you from??

fopret
Im from Christchurch.

fopret
Hey and i just noticed something(call me slow) the book is tomorrow when the war began,not what they wrote.

Cid
lol yeah i know. it kinda annoys me. can anyone change it??

cool hi from wellington.

fopret
Im not sure maybe the creator of this thread? also i have a question for you, now i have a friend hes going out with four girls and he says its not adultery and that hes player is this true, i know its an odd question but i want to see if im right. Thanks

spidergrl
Im from New Zealand as well.

Wellington too! happy

where abouts in wellington Cid?

Cid
^really the Khandallah region. how about you??

fopret-isn't adultery only if you're married?? eek!

spidergrl
umm linden

and wat ?? wink

Cid
nothing, just wondering. shifty
where's linden??

spidergrl
tawa? by porirua?

Cid
ohh ok. thought it was out by Karori. don't ask me why.

spidergrl
nope, not that way! wink

fopret
Damn maybe im wrong, thanks for clarifying Cid.

fopret
Also i am absouletely stressed by this stupid japanese assignment, cause its really hard.

Cid
Originally posted by fopret
Damn maybe im wrong, thanks for clarifying Cid.
well i'm not exactly sure. look it up in the dictionary??
what do you have to do for your assignment??

fopret
I have to do this complex description of the japanese homestays i had when i was in japan

fopret
Hey and is spidergrl o.k? she seems tense

spidergrl
Where do seem tense? confused

fopret
Maybe not tense,um sad.

spidergrl
yea ..... you'll get use to me confused

fopret
Dont worry we all have hard times in life, god picked this year for me.

spidergrl
I don't really believe in God any more embarrasment

fopret
Yeah there have been times in which i doubted him too and asked the question Why?

spidergrl
Well if you means at times when things happen not going towards your plan etc ....... thats wrong. God might of made us, but he didn't plan on cleaning up the mess that we've made

~~ its just too much for me to take in

Cid
cool sigs both of you. cool

fopret
Thanks Cid

Cid
you were up late.

fopret
yeah

spidergrl
its OC time eek!

But i have to go cry

fopret
That would suck, The OC is good,Mischa

spidergrl
Yea, the OC rocks! I finished Ellies Cronicle. and ewwww its really weird. she like explains her parents naked *yuck*

Cid
that's a bit odd. i'm still on the 4th book when they started the big fire. sad

fopret
Ok thats odd i stopped reading having a break, and now schools back im really busy.

Cid
why did spidergrl have to go to the hospital??

fopret
as i said in the message.

spidergrl
we talking about me? confused

fopret
And yes Cid wanted to know what happened to you.

spidergrl
ohh right embarrasment

fopret
It shows he cares.

spidergrl
happy thanks embarrasment

fopret
Should i tell him? you said thanks

spidergrl
he'll come around soon! happy

fopret
Yeah hes never on at this time.

spidergrl
lol kewl! wink

fopret
Cids a good guy though.

spidergrl
yea, i imagine!

Cid
Originally posted by Gen. Grevious
Yeah hes never on at this time.

well what time are you guys normally on??

Gen. Grevious
im normally on from 7.00 on.....

Cid
i'll do the same then.

spidergrl
Im on ..... when ever really confused

Im annoyed. I had a tim internal today worth 4 credits and i totalli f*ckd it up cry

Cid
you go to hocky a lot eh??
what's tim??

spidergrl
typing and i lied. i got the credits :Happy:

hockey games, practice and fitness training!

Cid
yay

Kosacki
Hello everybody! I'm from 20-year old man from Sweden.
I read all 7 books in the tomorrow-serie for about 5 years ago

I hade unfortiunal forgotten alot of the story but I still remeber that I thougt it's the best book(s) I ever read (and still is). I wanted sooo badly to someday do a movie about the books.

My idea would have been to make 7 movies, one for each bok. And I would have had all chapters, scenes and everything from the books in the movie. I just love the characters and the enviroment where the story takes place.

That would have been a smashing hit all over the world.

I know that Esben Storm now has got the rights to the movie so we can just wish him luck and hope that movie(s) will be great!

spidergrl
They would never make 7 movies seperately.

Because half of the books are portrayed through Ellie's thoughts and feelings. So unless the movie would be comintated the whole way through (this movie would there for suck) then this movie is only going to be at least half an hour long.

For this to work, they would either have to do it like lemini Snicket and put 4 books into one movie, or they would have to make ALOT of things up!

Cid
the whole seven movies squshed into one movie would be either really, really long or extremely bad because a lot of thngs would be left out. i was thinking about a t.v series because then you could see all of the characters change etc etc.

spidergrl
may be ......

but then i don't think that that would get very far wink

a season may be ..... wink

Cid
yeah. kinda like...........i have no idea

spidergrl
i don't think it would work that well to be honest. should be kept as a book i think wink

Cid
yeah you're probably right. a movie would probably kill it death

spidergrl
indeed happy

Cid
smart people smart

spidergrl
smart very

Kosacki
But 2 or 3 movie would maybe be the best thing to do.
I think the books definitly has to be turned into movies, because of the great storyline and also so that more people all over the world will get to know about the books.

spidergrl
Won't work!

Cid
well. we know perfectly now that you don't want it being turned into a movie

spidergrl
Im not saying that I wouldn't want it, or I wouldn't go see it if it did ...... im just saying, that i dont think it would be that successful!

Cid
but there is a chance that it could be

spidergrl
wink

Cid
well this forum's died ages ago. just trying to revive it now. i'm on the 5th book about a quarter through and i've stopped reading. it's just got too boring. would i be missing out on anything big if i don't keep on reading??

mirroredmalice
Yeah, I only read up to about half way through the 4th one but I'm reading the first one again for school so I might re-read them all and get further this time. I found they got a bit boring.
I think that a movie out of them would be awesome! I'd love to play Corrie.

Because I can
ITS GREAT!!!!
I'm re-reading. The Odd numbered books (the 1st, 3rd, 5th etc) are better than the even numbered ones. The 5th one, Burning For Revenge is one of my favs smile but keeps you on the edge of your seat.... They blow up more stuff big grin

ticket_inspecto
yay blow up stuff. I agree about the odd ones being better than the even ones coz thats when they actually do stuff .
I say if it gets boring skip it I lost the second one so i dint get to read it but I didnt really miss out on much i don't think messed

Rambo
i need to read the new ones all ive read is 1-3.

Because I can
The new ones? The Ellie Cronicles?

but the second one only came out! Didn't it??!! "Incurable"

Ive read the first one. Thats it.

ticket_inspecto
Originally posted by Because I can
The new ones? The Ellie Cronicles?

but the second one only came out! Didn't it??!! "Incurable"

Ive read the first one. Thats it.

It came out about a year ago maybe abit less. Do u wanna borrow it coz i've got it.

Klaiiruss
I was reading book 1 in class and i got hooked!
i couldn't put the book down cause i HAD to know what was gunna happen next...
Although it was kinda booooring up until chapter 6 i must admit...
I've just started reading the 2nd book!
smile
Hehe
It really gets you involved in the characters and the situations they go through... it kinda feels like i know them as REAL people lol.
Weird...
but yeah...
John Marsden is a fantastic writer!
-Klaiiruss
PS: how do i get an avatar? i'm new to this...

Because I can
Originally posted by Klaiiruss
I was reading book 1 in class and i got hooked!
i couldn't put the book down cause i HAD to know what was gunna happen next...
Although it was kinda booooring up until chapter 6 i must admit...
I've just started reading the 2nd book!
smile
Hehe
It really gets you involved in the characters and the situations they go through... it kinda feels like i know them as REAL people lol.
Weird...
but yeah...
John Marsden is a fantastic writer!
-Klaiiruss
PS: how do i get an avatar? i'm new to this...
big grin I love the books still ^^
you need to find a small enough picture that will be small enough to a) fit and b).. to fit big grin
go to your profile, then, and uhh... i forgotted!! i think you click the browse button where it says Avatar stick out tongue
sorry, i'm bad with this stuff ^^ did it so long ago big grin

Klaiiruss
Lol thankyou!
=]

Klaiiruss
Yay i did it =D
Aww my icon looks better when it's bigger...
it's billie-joe as an iPod mascot wo0t!
Billie Joe ish my baby...
*school girl giggles*
Hehehe.

Klaiiruss
I've read one through to six so far and when i can get my hands on the seventh i'll read it in 2 days lol. Then i plan to start on the ellie chronicles!
=]

guitar_heroine
well im only a 'noob' i just started book 2 and this series is so amazing..but yeah i think the movies might 'kill' the books

marco_taco5
WHAT?
Burning for Revenge(book #5) was really good, who ever said that they are shite and boring ought to be extradited and disembowelled. so much happens in it and it is maybe a bit unreal but still realy good.

liabee123
I read these books for school, well one of the books, Tomorrow when the war began. My friend Vicky forced me to read them coz i was not so keen at first but once i got into the first i was hooked, my favourite is the 3rd, my least favourite would have to be the 2nd and the 7th. i also read the Ellie Chronicals, which are really good. i got the last Ellie chronical for my 14th birthday in 2006 but i wish John Marsden had have written more!! I CANT WAIT UNTIL MOVIE COMES OUT ALSO!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.