Speaking of Korn.......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alpha Centauri
"Korn guitarist Brian "Head" Welch has departed the group and has instead devoted himself to Christianity.

A replacement has yet to be named"

Oh well haha.

Monkey is decent but without Head, he's about as useless as a headless monkey. Which ironically, he has become.

-AC

Aini
...I think after follow the leader they sucked anyway.

Norma Jean
Monkey? Head? Wtf?? Korn is retarded. huh

Krypt Keeper
I agree Cradle of Filth is better

Norma Jean
Not really.

Darth Revan
It's Munky, if I'm not mistaken. But anyways... WTF? Devoted himself to Christianity? After being in Korn? How... odd... blink

loserib
maby he jsut realized korn sucked and had to come up with an excuse on why he wanted to quit

eggmayo
http://www.taboramaforum.com/index.php?act=ST&f=43&t=59078
The original article...

http://www.taboramaforum.com/index.php?act=ST&f=43&t=59130
Head explains himself.

Deathblow
Well seeing as there are ex-Yakuza members and what not now working as priests, I don't see why people are so shocked about Brian turning to Christianity. He's just a musician. It's suprising, but it can happen to anyone.

Still, this is the last nail in Korn's coffin. Without Brian I'm sure they'll completely fold into rapcore obscurity under Fieldy's influence. It's a shame, but they still would've sucked if he'd stayed.

loserib
he got smacked by the holy ghost

eggmayo
How about if Fieldy became a guitarist confused

loserib
i hate feldy talk about overrated he needs to take some bass lessons

Deathblow
Fieldy really isn't that bad. He thinks he's a lot better than he is, but he still knows what he's doing.

Next week: Henry Rollins becomes born again Buddhist monk.

Alpha Centauri
Hahahahahaha.

Now that would be something to see.

Marilyn Manson becomes TV Evangelist. Ironically I can see that happening.

-AC

Silver Stardust
That I would PAY to see.

loserib
sorry i disagree feldy is a terrible bassist i know alot of bassist that can play circles around him
hes like
click click clickity click declick
click click clickity click declick

Sickened.
I always thought Jonathan Davis was this generations Kurt Cobain in that he should have killed himself 4 albums ago.

Now That Brian's gone, none of them have much of a reason to live...

... so here's hopein'.

\m/

Alpha Centauri
Bit of a moronic opinion.

-AC

Deathblow
Grossly moronic opinion. Actually wishing for another human being to sink to the devastating emotional low that leads to suicide is pretty screwed up. Specially as it's a completely innocent person who you've never met before in your life.

Silver Stardust
No shit.

Alpha Centauri
A musician who did, for a time, make decent music. That's the only reason I said it.

Can't say I'd be as quick to judge if he said it about Justin Timberlake.

-AC

Silver Stardust
laughing out loud true.

Alpha Centauri
If you're gonna make the leap and actually say it'd be good if certain people committed suicide, make it worth it and name some worthless people. Don't name someone who actually put out decent art at one point, in the form of music.

-AC

Deathblow
There aren't many people alive today who would fit that category.

I honestly wouldn't wish it on anybody, even that incredibly irritating stuck up b!tch of a Michael Jackson wannabe messed

Alpha Centauri
I don't stroll around wishing death on people but there are people in this world that if given the chance, I'd off. Him being one.

Different strokes and all that.

-AC

Deathblow
Well fair enough, I can't say I'd be too cut up if he did decide to take care of himself.

Anyway, this thread is getting way off topic, and I'm afraid that means I will have no choice but to close it. I don't want that, and you don't want that, and Ringo here definitely doesn't want that, so lets get back on track afro2

Alpha Centauri
Just remember where you came from now that you're a mod.

Just remember your hard life on the threads of KMC.

-AC

furryman
Wear the scars with pride!

Deathblow
I'll try, but I'll warn you now, I don't handle power well.

Df02
i once told a fat chick i was buddhist to stop her trying to get in my pants erm

Alpha Centauri
Hahahahaha.

-AC

PunisherFan33
their guitarist left

Alpha Centauri
Yes.........that was the point of the thread.

-AC

SlipknoT
MUCH better yes

SlipknoT
laughing out loud

tabby999
i find the idea of rockers changing to religions are kind of funny, but its the real ones you cant make up: Henry Rollins used to sell ice cream "two scoops of ice cream" "nah just one thanks" "that wasn't a question, your getting two f*cking scoops!"

and it sucks that Head left, i dont think there was a Korn album i really didn't like (ok, untouchables sucked bar 3 - 4 songs), then they released their greatest hits cd...what the f*ck was with the "word up" song. dammit

StinkFist462
word up was the worst cover ever ....

Alpha Centauri
Download Avril Lavigne's cover of Chop Suey! or Evanescence's cover of Orestes and then make that claim.

-AC

StinkFist462
blink wow holy shit thats horrible same as evanescense's thoughtless

Cinemaddiction
Try A Perfect Circle's cover of "Imagine". Pure, unadulturated, fecal musicianship.

Sad to see Head go. I was there from the beginning, and now, the end.

Silver Stardust
I liked their cover of Imagine miffed

Darth Revan
What's wrong with "Imagine?" Besides the fact that the original was supposed to be uplifting and hopeful, and the APC version was the opposite... But there's more than one way to look at a song's lyrics.

Despite the fact that Word Up is a bad song, there have been MUCH worse covers. Like the two Avril covers Alpha named. And presumably Linkin Park's cover of "Something I Can Never Have," which I don't even want to hear.

StinkFist462
I liked Imagine , but it wasnt as good as Lennon's

Cinemaddiction
I knew the APC groupies would take offense. laughing out loud

It sounds like a ****ing deathmarch....

Afro Cheese
It's not horrible IMO just a little boring.

Afro Cheese
I came into this thread with a negative opinion of Korn.. but now that you bring up COF, Korn doesn't seem so bad.

Konjammenson
^^I don't understand the logic in even comparing COF to Korn; different genres completely.

SlipknoT
no expression

Norma Jean
Korn is the fricking gayest band I've ever heard.

room #99
they were decent in the past.

Deathblow
You used 'gay' as a criticism. Your opinion is automatically void.

Konjammenson
korn kicks ass

room #99
not anymore

Aini
....that's a long time ago

eggmayo
Korn used to be ok, never great... they slipped. A lot.

room #99
completely. They seem to become worse with each album.

Norma Jean
Cry me a river.

loserib
korn had like one good album other then that they blow goats

Deathblow
...ok blink

Norma Jean
"Korn is the fricking gayest band I've ever heard." This comment was meant to be satirical. You took it literal.

Deathblow
Another post by you earlier on in the thread ^

Then you go and say that, what was I supposed to think?

Anyway that still doesn't explain the 'cry me a river' comment, which just seems like a pretty random thing to post.

Konjammenson
i still think korn kicks ass. not only a long time ago, today as well. take a look in the mirror is bad ass

Darth Revan
LOL, I'm an APC groupie because I liked their cover of Imagine? roll eyes (sarcastic)

And I think that was the idea they were trying to get across.

Norma Jean
My first statement was the truth. I think Korn is retarded. The second statement was satirical as I said earlier, and the cry me a river thing was typed by my friend. huh

PunisherFan33
i wasnt really a KORN Fan So SCREW THEM<

Konjammenson
why is this thread built up of nothing but korn-dissers? im not going to go discuss a line-up change for a band i hate.

Cinemaddiction
No, it's my obeservation that the APC fans wouldn't admit to a song being a total raping of an original, no matter how bad it was recieved by everyone else. It's nothing personal really. Their cover was poor, and unnecessary, IMO.

Deathblow
I thought it was pretty good, especially when compared to some of the others on that album. If you thought Imagine was butchered, you should here their take on When The Levee Breaks & What's Going On. Shudder.

Ok, so it was 'satirical'. Satirical of what exactly?

Yeah. Your friend.

Afro Cheese
Yeah well I didn't pick the comparison, only commented on it. COF blows.

SlipknoT
They're still much better than Korn.

StinkFist462
there is a new shirt coming out
http://www.313merch.com/big_images/korn_head.jpg

SlipknoT
laughing is that real?

Norma Jean
Fine, don't believe me.

StinkFist462
lmao yea it is !
http://93x.com/listingsEntry.asp?ID=304887&PT=ROCK+NEWS

eggmayo
laughing Thats f**king hilarious.

Silver Stardust
1. I'm not a groupie and I liked them LONG before I heard their cover of Imagine.
2. That was kinda the point!

Napalm
A member of Korn became christian? Whats next is OJ Simpson going to do marriage cousiling?

eggmayo
Id go there.

Napalm
He could help some of my past relasionships

Jordanb
koRn are awesome so shut up! lol.. i cant imagine a heavy metal musician to becum a christian lol but i guess it is true... stupid god always stealing people

Napalm
Dude I like KoRn too I just think its funny

Silver Stardust
Korn was okay. They've been going downhill though for a while.

Deathblow
Well kinda, they were on and off. The way I see it, the Korn timeline was like

S/T - Great
Life Is Peachy - Great
Follow The Leader - Not so good
Issues - Great
(Queen of the Damned Soundtrack - Great)
Untouchables - Poor
Take A Look In The Mirror - Poor
Greatest Hits - Predictable, and very poor 'new' material.

At their height they were more than just okay.

PunisherFan33
they sucked anyway

StinkFist462
i liked em back before issues

Sickened.
That any of you took what I said seriously, is rather frightening.

BackFire
Their self titled album is still one of the most influential and unique albums of the past 15 years, and by far the best they've done.

Head will be missed.

Victor Von Doom
Wonder what that means, dedicating to Christianity.

Coming to rehearse?

'Nah, rereading the Bible.'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.