Will Tim Drake become the next Batman?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mainstream
with Dick Grayson becoming Nightwing...his adult superhero persona his journey to become an adult superhero is complete. I read Titans tomorrow and it hints that current robin tim drake will become batman...thought this is an alternate timeline or whatever...it got me thinking...when bruce finally steps down...will tim decide to become Baman? It seems logically. what are your thoughts on this?

NoFate007
I always thought it would go this way...

Since Drake is sort of a little brother to Grayson, I figured when Bruce died or got too old, Grayson would become Batman and Drake would become Nightwing, and they'd recruit a new Robin and Batgirl and maybe even another new character to help adjust.

ash007
Well Tim in the comics has actually said he would never become Batman

OB1-adobe
Just a question, Thats all.

What if Bruce steped down and there was no more Batman.

Then the Guardians of Gotham City would be up to nightwing and Robin

What if there was some Big finale in the Batman Comics, and it was over.

theflyxx
I know it isn't canon, but you should check out Batman Beyond: The Return of The Joker.

It's a really interesting take.

ayjay
i can't see tim becomming batman....i just dont see him as dark enough....i dunno...i'm not a HUGE batman fan, so i dont know heaps....but i would see dick becomming batz if anyone....but i think that if batman cops it.....thats it...there wont be another one....until someone completely or supposedly unrealated comes into play (like batman beyond) and takes up the cowl

Mainstream
Read Titans of Tomorrow...Tim became dark...darker than Bruce..Tim killed most of the old batman foes...used a gun..the gun that killed bruce partners...I know he said he'd never become batman...but in that timeline..he became far worst.

nothing
drake as bats wud be rubbish he hasnt got the right personality, and grayson as bats wud be even worse grayson is nightwing hes a hero in his own right.

OtterVomit
Grayson wore the Batsuit one time right after Knightfall, while Bruce was out of town.

ash007
actually Tim Drake mentally is on par with Batman.

JadeCat
I think that either Tim or Richard could take on the mantle but you can't expect them to be exactly like Batman/Bruce Wayne. Richard I don't think wants his other identity to overtake his actual personality because it would probably make him lose his sanity. Tim I think does have the same detective skills as Batman although I'm not sure about his personality. Maybe he could become just as dark as Batman considering what happened w/ his father recently. You can't really expect them to be exactly like how Bruce is as Batman. Personally I would like to see Richard continue as Nightwing indefinitely because I think he's terrific in that persona (from what I've read anyway). He's really made it his own.

The more you see the less you know, the less you find out as you go. I knew much more then than I do now. - U2

Mainstream
Dick is NIghtwing...so he has his grown up idenity...If Bruce has to step down...which he one day will..let's face it...then young Timmy could be Batman.

WindDancer
I doubt it. I thought Azrael was going to be the next Batman after the whole Knightfall saga.

The Bat12
Yes.

Joker1237
Bruce would never step down, He was Batman longer than any of the other Flashs lol.

wuTa
no robin should be the next batman....robin is like a superhero apprentice...and all robins should eventually branch off and become their own superhero (or die which ever comes 1st)....the only thing that makes sense to replace bruce wayne as batman is how they did it on BB

Mainstream
If writter Geoff Johns has his way Timmy will be the Dark knight someday.

Jimmy Buggs
mainstream, I have been away from comics for awhile, can you tell me a little more about tim killing off people with a gun? why did he do it, what pushed him over the edge? was bruce dead? what villians did he kill? how old was he

Gryn Jabar
No, Rocky Balboa will take Batman's place.

Goldenskull777
Never he wont. I read a comic that nightwing had to move to bludhaven because batman didnt want him anymore. I believe no one will be batman evil face

wuTa
actually.....batman sent nightwing to bludhaven to investigate homicides

Mainstream
yeah.

Kento
Out or Dick, and Tim I'd pick Tim to become bats. But by time Bruce gives up the title he'll either be dead or Both Tim, and Dick will also be to old to go on.

But there will always be a Batman whenever one is needed. The mantle goes all the way to the 853rd century, and are not related to Bruce in any way next to the Bat title.

nothing
huh?

shaber
no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.