Unrated DVD's? Who Gives a ****!?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
Why is it that when a movie bombs in theatres, studios are still naive enough to release an "Unrated" version, with the assumption that people want to see MORE of an already horrible movie? So a few minutes were shaved off, if they were skilled filmmakers, they would have put EVERYTHING into the ultimate vision of their film, right?

Sorry, this is more of a rant than an actual topic. I just don't understand the marketing strategy behind pressing two versions of a movie on DVD that LOST MILLIONS OF DOLLARS in theatres!?

Movies don't magically become Oscar material once they get a DVD transfer, much less the "Unrated" treatment.

WindDancer
Despite the obvious marketing that DVD covers now offer people like myself are drawn to the "Unrated", "Especial Edition", "Directors Cut" DVD's. I know is no big deal that they add 5 more minutes or that they have 6 different endings. But the attraction is still there. At times is irresistable not to buy the DVD. Is markerting thingy and studios know people like me will fall for the trap if they put something like "Unrated" on their DVD.

MildPossession
I just wait to see if an unrated/directors whatever is getting released and get that one.

Like I did with Chronicles of Riddick.

tabby999
what movie did you watch and get burned by c-dic

BlackC@t
A lot of good movies have Unrated versions which make them even better.

jmcfadden06
Altough this movie didn't bomb, "Badder Santa" is an example of trying to hype up a dvd release. Badder Santa, as far as i could tell was no different than Bad Santa.

eggmayo
It had 'der' on the end of the second word.

cal31
I buy them only if they're the director's cut as well.

Jackie Malfoy
UNrated movies are sometimes good and they should have no promblem with leting it go on dvd.JMhomer

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by BlackC@t
A lot of good movies have Unrated versions which make them even better.

I bought the Directors Cut of Daredevil. It was way better than the original release. It was like an entirely different movie which was weird.

MildPossession
Really? I have the normal edition. What's so different?

ericadurancefan
i have a select few unrated/directors cut dvds and my favorite ones have to be the chronicles of riddick and daredevil,i have both versions of each of them and cor directors cut blows the original out of the water and the new daredevil with so much extra stuff does make it like a totally different movie,which is real weird now that i think about it?

Wolfie
I usually don't see the unpopular movies getting unrated versions. Underworld, Chronicles of Riddick, Old School, Anchorman, they were all popular.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.