DC Archives books: Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
Man I just discovered the DC archives books for Batman and supes and green lantern. Damn there is so many! I want to get them all, but shit..........Thats a lot of books to buy.

Gregory
I know how you feel. And they're not exactly cheap, are they?

Joker1237
I bought Batman vol 1, With the first Bat story.

Than being the Joker fan I am, I bought the Joker's greatness storys ever told. With the Joker's first story(It was great, if you can read it, I loved that story)

And the Laughing Fish some were in the end.

In the middle of the books, were some of the WORSE storys I ever read lol. For some reason, Batman does not fit in the classic 60s era, I guess.

And when Batman and Supes first team up, I read it, and sure it has some thing in comic history of the "First Team" of Bats and Supes.

The story suck, Joker and Lex "Turn Good" and they have robots, and doing test on these robots, and making Supes and Bats look like fools.

Bad writting.

The Bat12
I have Batman vol. 1 (it only cost $20.00) but have you seen vol. 2, 3, and 4! $100.00!

Joker1237
do they cost 100 each?

or as one?

Gregory
Most archive editions cost about $33.00 each, with some going higher (Batman 1 is the only one I know of that goes lower).

The Bat12
Batman 2 is like $33. But 4 is $100!

Joker1237
Ok, I am buying Flattop the whole story(Dick Tracy, Sunday comics in color) in book form for 80$

So I think I can understand why some of these books are 100$

OB1-adobe
Woo hoo! I got Vol. 1&2.

I love this old stuff. The stories and art work arn't that great but I still love it.

Right now I am just being fasinated by witnessing all of the orgins of every thing.

Batman's 1st issue, Batman's orign story 1st told in Detective #33, 1st robin, 1st joker.

And a bunch of little crap: 1st app. of the batarang, 1st appearnce of the batrope, and his crappy red "batmobile"

I wonder when alfred makes his 1st appearence

Joker1237
Alfred first show up in

Batman #16, 1943

OB1-adobe
Joker... with your avitar, I always feel like your laughing at me.

When does the batcave show up?

Joker1237
Det comics #83

The Bat12
World's Finest, someone remind me to buy that!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.