Hardest Gaming Moment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dark1365
Yep, there are just those times when you throw down the controller/mouse and just scream.
Times when you wish that the designers were cursed.
Well, it takes patience, and I ask you to remember those moments, whether you finally beat it or gave up on it.

Here are my choices.

1.) Beating Halo 2 on legendary
2.) Fighting Meta-Ridley(M-Prime)
3.) The last WarCraft III mission(delay Archimonde for 45 min) on hard.
4.) Beating the SA-X without knowing what to do.(M-Fusion)
5.) Finding your way around the basin in the Delta Halo level,("Off the rock. Through the bush. Nothing but Jackal."wink
6.) Killing the final boss in Red Faction.
7.) The puzzles in Resident Evil GC.
8.) Beating Duriel with an unhacked barbarian(Diablo 2)
9.) Killing G-Thanatos without the Ampoule shooter or rocket launcher, offline mode.(Resident Evil Outbreak)

Londonboy7
I hate to admit it I have alot of hard moments... im not that great at the gameing... I love it though

Linkalicious
Pretty much your list right there.

I'll add beating the last level on most Mega Man games is tough as hell too.

Especially...I think it was X2 where you had to climb the wall then beat Sigma like 3 different ways.

ArthasKnight
I don't have too many problems with games, I tend to pwn any game I play. But if I had to give one part.....probably in KOTOR 2 when you storm the Sith temple on Dxun.

Elektra_lover
DDR on Heavy

Smasandian
Generally things are tough when I get frustrated, then I always screw up.

smoker4
Spider solitere

radioboy121
I don't play games as much as I use to, but I was getting really frustrated with the Thunder Plains "dodging lightning" mini-game in Final Fantasy X. I have poor coordination skills and reaction time apparently with the game controller.

JKozzy
That's why I skipped her final weapon, cause I don't use her anyway smile

Elektra_lover
Use who?

StinkFist462
accidently changing DDR to heavy while showing off at the same time .... tough shit

dark1365
Another one to add...

Beating two Gigante's at once.(RE4)

white_wolfy
Originally posted by dark1365

8.) Beating Duriel with an unhacked barbarian(Diablo 2)

Honestly David... Duriel with a Barb... is FRICKIN easy! He couldn't get me lower than a quarter life by the time he was dead and squirting bug juice, Prince of Pain my Arse!

Elektra_lover
Yeah, I know the fealing

dark1365
I had to go and get my corpse back 18 times by my count.

god number 2
my hardest gaming moment was getting tiduses sigil in ten that was ****ing crazy i mean you needed a time of less than zero beer

ChickinMeat
same here, same here

dark1365
Beating Gothmog in LOTR third age.

Morridini
Didn't anyone have trouble with the old games?
I remember using hours trying to jump over a hole in Mario Bros, that's just soo frustrating.

dark1365
Yeah I know...I fall into the water for like the third time and I'm like "FRICK!!!!!"

Tptmanno1
I've had some moments.
What comes to mind now (because I'm replaying it) is some moments in Kotor, where I spent waht seemed like froever trying different strategies agaisnt certain enemies,
But whats frustrating is I go back and replay it now, and its cake...

Dexx
aawh...well..now i usually don't get stuck at many things. but..in the old days, with the goldies games....there were many annoying moments.
warcraft III had it's share...legacy of kain: defiance....hl1 (the first time i played it)....outcast (not jedi)...which is superb..for it's time.

eggmayo
Because im crap at driving... any of the races in san andreas... and morrowind..where you kill dagoth ur...

ScarFace Clone
well when mgs 1 came out for the first time that is when iw asent very good at games yet when you have to fight liquid when he is in the heicopter that was hard for me

Trickster
Any number of strategy games!

Playing things like RTW and making up a huge trap on a battle, only to have the enemy withdraw or just sit and wait for you.

Mostly I get frustrated by the AI of games, the lack of actual imagination means they never lay traps and never fall for them. It's a futile complaint, really.

Lord Shadow Z
When I reached the Arnhem Knights level on Medal of Honor: Frontline. The tanks and machine guns just blasted the crap out of me so I gave up and sulked in the corner for a few hours.

SaTsuJiN
Trying to fight metal gear with no Chaff grenades... -_-

dark1365
Counter Strike CZ with only a sidearm and no armour. I hate being low on money.

Smasandian
How about trying to defeat a DarkSim in Perfect Dark.
I could never do it and with 3 other friends would couldnt.
THe only why I actually one was to be cheap and use the AI to its advantage. For example, in fecilitym, stand by the glass, DarkSim comes, starts shooting at you through the glass, it doesnt work, and then open the door and blast him.

dark1365
Goldeneye 007 when you've been too accustomed to the Halo isque controls.

Maestro
The Mission on San andreas, where you got to fly the remote controlled airplane around the city........that took so long to do.

Lord Ryugen
Beating, Ultimate Rugal and Akuma on Capcom vs SNK 2 forr the PS2.

And I know that one of my friends spent so long fighting Dizzy on Guilty Gear X for the Dreamcast he tore the skin off his thumbs.

pr1983
thats actually not difficult imo... i prefer not to use them...

i get right up beside him, nullifying his rockets, keep close but not too close to his legs...

Lord Ryugen
Fighting the Metal Gear Rays on MGS2 on European Extreme Mode was tough.

Smasandian
The mission where you drove the remote controlled helicopters to blow the building in hte GTA Vice City. That was utterly ridiculous. God, I hated that level.

Gryn Jabar
Grand Turismo license tests.....
Far Cry last level. I blew through the game in around 2 days, then spent a week on the last level.
BG2 TOB last battle.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.