Palpatine's Blue Lightsaber Fiasco

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BAILY
Ok.... here I go...

The new Palpatine action figure (in his chancellor's attire) that he fights Mace and co. in.. comes with Force Lightning and a Blue saber.... here is what I think....

According to Motee's "spoilers"... sorry I just dont like him..

Mace and co. enter Palpy's private office.... Palpy strikes down Agen Kolar and Saesee Tiin with lightning immediately..... then (IN MY OPINION)

Force reaches for Agen's blue saber and cuts off Kit's head... then battles Mace.

During the battle... Mace breaks the Blue saber... and that is when he either (a.) switches to his Red one or b.) waits till Anakin arives then after turning all evil and shit... whips out his red one...

I realize this theory makes no sense... and it is possible that it is just the prototype figure.. but I doubt it.... And I know Sidious has his saber up his sleeve.... so this just counteracts what I just said.... hmmm....

Anyone else got any theories?? Tern said Sidious uses two different sabers at some point... but where and why?? And Tern just stated he doesnt know anything about a blue saber and we will have to wait for the movie.... hmmmm.....

BAILY
But then again...

I did research and discovered that the Agen Kolar figure from Hasbro has a green saber and he uses a blue one in the movie..... this could contradict me, but....

The hilt is the same.... Palpy's hilt isnt the one that the Emperor has...... and I wonder if maybe it is Anakin's saber?? Ani's saber has black at the bottom and so does the one Palpy is holding.... hmmm... continue research on this I will....

BAILY
I think the trailer will prove me right or wrong on this..... and Tern is just an idiot... tells us Sidious has two lightsabers and now he doesnt know?? God I will say this once to you all.... Trust in TBone... he is da man.... he has never steered me wroing...

Sith Master X
It looks like Anakin's saber, well at least from the other pic I saw of it it does.

BAILY
I have been working on this since last night when the pic was first released...... i am perplexed by it.... I asked Pabs bout it... but fat chance he will answer.. and if he does it will be in riddles anyways...

Sadako of Girth
I think it may indeed be feasible that he gets hold of a jedi lightsaber at some point.... Especially if he is caught of guard by Mace and the posse,
and if so, then I would presume that as you say, he'd get a hold of his red one at some point as we saw Mace fighting a Red sabre wielder...
Unless ala the original ROTJ video, there was a wrong sabre colouring like Luke's blue sabre we see in the Sarlacc scene...... Interesting 'cause
if thats a screw up by the toy people, that'd be a big one as Nearly everyone knows Red=Sith, Green/blue=Good guys...... So could I can see your point.... As I say interesting.... smile

zavin
its definitly anakin's saber

BAILY
Why does Palpy fight with Ani's saber?? This makes no sense.....

wallalupp
maybe ani's just a palpatine clone, but he doesn't take on his true form until episode III hayden was just used to fool us

zavin
maybe when mace cuts palpy's saber , anakin enters, cuts mace's arm and passes the lightsaber to anakin

zavin
oops, i mean, passes the saber to palpy

Jedi-Knight 8k2
Its Anakin's Saber cause remember what Motee said about Mace cutting Sidious lightsaber in half.

kremzike
It's quite possible that this toy pictured here was packaged with the wrong lightsaber on accident. That's what i'm going with until I see another picture of another Palpatine figure with this blue saber. And not just another angle on this picture. It's gotta be a separate figure. This is the only one i've seen. Anyone have another?

JKozzy
No. I doubt they'd package him with the wrong lightsaber.

ARC Trooper 117
Interesting....

Boris
Anakin gives the saber-less Palpy his saber and he whips out Dooku's one.... maybe.... confused

Sadako of Girth
Maybe Mr. Zavin could have a point.... Niiiiiice.
It is at least sounding like credance time for Mr. Baily's observation there.........

Captain REX
They could be doing that just to piss us off. stick out tongue

ginny_weasly
Meditate on Baily's theory I will. Interesting it sounds.... wink

BAILY
I got an answer from Pablo concerning my theory... here it is.. I asked him..

"What is with the New Palpatine Figure coming with a Blue Saber?? It looks like Ani's but why does he have it?? Does he have two sabers in the movie?? Can you tell us why he has the Blue one?? what is going on?? if you could just clear this up for me a little... thanks..."

His response.....

"Palpatine does have two sabers in the movie, but the blue one isn't one of them. It was when Hasbro started creating that figure, but the reshoots changed some of the circumstances of that scene. Long toy leadtimes mean that you get a bonus accessory."

BAILY
Guess that answers my crazy theory.... he DID have a Blue saber in an earlier cut.. but they refilmed it and changed that...... freakin cool tho....

bilb
Oh well, easy come easy go.. Sorry Baily

zavin
damn, i wanted to see holding that

Sadako of Girth
Ahhhhhhhhhh....... That certainly would explain in... That was well spotted though Baily.... You eagle-eyed individual....!!!
May no spoiler/decrepancy make it undetected...! Cheers mate... smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.