Blink 182 over?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DEFCON One
Recently I heard that the band Blink 182 has decided to call it quits. They are one of my favorite bands, and so I was disappointed to hear this. I decided to start a thread about this.

What are your thoughts on the end of Blink 182, and on the band in general.

Df02
they retired lol? run out of childhood relationships to sing about?

SlipknoT
If so i really dont care.

Morgoths_Wrath
Dude Ranch was decent, everything after was just really bad...

I wonder why they decided to break up, maybe they hit puberty?

Df02
more like senility....theyre still singing about puberty however

SnakeEyes
It DOES suck that they are over with. When they sang about teenage stuff, they were either in their teens or early twenties and so on. Their new, and possibly last, album was much different than any before it. Plus, many people like blink, and the really hardcore fans mostly enjoy their early records (such as Cheshire Cat, Buhda, and Dude Ranch). I, for one, enjoyed all of the albums, but some definitely more than others. They are not some mega-band, just a band that had a good sense of humor and they did not take things too seriously, to the point where they tried to be something they weren't. They were a pretty cool band IMO and it's too bad they are not gonna make any more records.
(PS: I know i am gonna get some negative feedback for this)

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
...I'm sad cry

TWelling4Ever
yeah it sucks, they were cool

DEFCON One
Snakeyes is right. Blink's last album was very mature, despite the stereotype that all of their music was childish

sk8stuff09
i heard it from my friend, but i didnt believe her.....maybe she wasnt lying....they were pretty cool.... sad

StinkFist462
i liked Blink 182 ... before they were famous ( Enema of the State ) , but they were still bearable after Enema .

Norma Jean
Blink sucks.

Afro Cheese
I concur. The only thing they were good at is making funny videos. And even their funny videos weren't that great.

Norma Jean
I was listening to Enema of the State in like 6th grade. roll eyes (sarcastic)

StinkFist462
lol i didnt like that Cd or anything after it , but before it was ok

tabby999
sad, but atleast Barker wont stop making music, he is awsome

Norma Jean
He's a great drummer

Darth Revan
I read about this on ultimateguitar.com, apparently it was just a rumor:

http://ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/blink_182_break_up.html

Darth Revan
He's not THAT great of a drummer, he can play pretty damn fast, but that's not the be all and end all of good drumming.

StinkFist462
thats cool

mr.smiley
yeah their drummer is bad.
even if you hate them you have to admit that

Norma Jean
?

Darth Revan
WTF? I never said their drummer was bad. I think he's by far the most talented member of the group, and that's not entirely due to lack of talent on the part of the other group members.

SlipknoT
Yea, I liked Blink when i was 12, but I grew up.

DEFCON One
well, im still a teenager, so i figure its alright to like Blink.

PunisherFan33
they suxed any way

eggmayo
I think he means bad as in great... you know like baaad.

Darth Revan
Oh... Well he could have said baaad, or badass, or something... stick out tongue

eggmayo
laughing

SnakeEyes
So are they over or what!??!?!

StinkFist462
NO

xLiNdS x 622x
yea its true...on February 22 the guys announced it worldwide because they've all got families and our settling down.....this really sucks because Blink 182 is my FAVORITE band!!...i can't go on..

Norma Jean
Oh well, guess you'll just have to kill yourself.

xLiNdS x 622x
enough

Silver Stardust
Heh, I used to love blink when I was in 7th-8th grade...

DEFCON One
Can someone point out a website where it actually says Blink is done?

MaggotCorps
over?! finally, they sucked!!!!

DEFCON One
no they dont

xLiNdS x 622x
ok everyone is sayin that they loved blink 182 when they were younger but that doesnt mean anything...most people just liked their old stuff better and that was in what?..1994-1996?...yea of course u guys were young then but i was only around 3 or 4 so i still like them and i'm pretty sure i wouldve contnued to like them if theyd stayed together..

Imaginary
Oh YES one less band to torture our ears with bad music.

rockchickgem
i wasnt their greatest fan but they were okay. my mate was really upset that they split up.

DEFCON One
blink is awesome.

NicktheBassist
i realy think that all the people that come on to this thread and bash the band need to get a life. I mean, obviously, this thread was created for fans of the band. I'm not saying that everyone that hates the band is dumb or bad or anything, i'm just saying, keep your opinion to yourself. For example, i don't go onto threads intended for Slipknot fans and bash them because i don't like the band. i think people who do that kinda thing are low on selfesteem and it gives them some sort of ego trip.

Libertine
To be honest i was rather pleased when i heard blink 182 finished, but i do kinda feel for the fans, i know how horrible it is for your fave band to end.

Kaldro
I liked their albums Enema Of The State and Take Off Your Pants And Jacket. There was something about their music which was unique. I found them having a certain style about their music until they launched their latest album to date - (The one which includes "I Miss You"wink. And it was like a shock when the style of their music changed. I for one thought that: Yes, they have matured. And you know what, their new music doesn't sound all that bad as what people have been telling me left and right.

Libertine
I still didnt like em.

DEFCON One
Does anyone know any links they can post where there is definite proof the band actually broke up, becuase i read somewhere that it was a rumor

NicktheBassist
THANK YOU!! thats what i wanted, not dising on the band but at the same time expressing your opinion.

Thank you for the sympathy BTW.

PunisherFan33
all i have to say is that they really ****in* suck!!!

Libertine
Thats kinda harsh.

chelsea17
I really never did listen to Blink 182..they had a couple of good songs, but I won't call myself a fan of them. I just feel for all the big fans of them...it's tough because one of my friends is a big fan of them, and she's not liking this, even though they are doing this for good reasons.

Libertine
i did like that song where their playing in front of a big house on the video and kids are all inside the house, and at some point there's a girl in the bath.

FEDFAN316
there just takeing alittle break well that is what i heard BUT.... still sad

*avril*rox*
i hope they are still a band i really liked them .
i haven't heard anything about blink 182 not being a band anymore?

ashtonsNO1fan
I WAS ONLY JUST GETIN INTO THEM BUT OH WELL. MY FAVE BAND SPLIT NOT LONG AGO BUT I WAS GOING OFF THEM ANYWAY AND I'VE GOT TWO BRAND NEW BANDS TO LOVE.

BasketCase
I have heard about that..I wish it's not true..
That sucks, Blink is one of my favorite bands.. sad

Libertine
I was told it was because they were fighting over money and royalties with each other. Im not saying they sold out over money or anything its just what i heard.

spazzymcgee14
i heard that they where taking a break to see there family

DEFCON One
where did u hear that

PeaveyROcker
i am a huge fan of Blink-182 and i wish they were back but there not...and i agree with NickTheBassist on how not to bash Blink-182 cuz i am a fan and this is about the people who support them. if u dont like Blink-182 dont publish here, create your own thread about it

Libertine
I dont like them, but i like to talk about fave bands splitting up with other people, cos as you can see one of my fave bands is the Libertines and they split last year.

DEFCON One
that sucks. having ur fav band end is pretty crappy

Libertine
It does doesnt it.

smarcus
oh oh!!! i love blink and i heard this too, it was on the site and everything BUT!!!
then travis (their drummer) he said their DEFANTLEY gonna be back with a new album... their just going on hiatus... but they WILL be back!

Libertine
I dont think they will, thats just something they say to make fans happy.

smarcus
maybe... im not sure

but from what i know of im, travis wouldnt lie about it, he'd come out and say it

oh oh, and linkin park just came on TV big grin

Libertine
Well i see you have your priorities in order. lol.

Morning_Glory
no expression never have seen a point in liking Blink 182 or LInking Park .. sorry embarrasment

Libertine
Me neither, but these bands are important to these people so youve got to respect their mourning for the loss of their band.

PunisherFan33
they really suck their music went down hill

DEFCON One
how did it go downhill. all it did was get better

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Df02
they retired lol? run out of childhood relationships to sing about?

laughing out loud

smarcus
nope, its official according to kerrang now

they have NOT split... but maybe they will

but i trust kerrang :P lol

syko freak
Originally posted by DEFCON One
Recently I heard that the band Blink 182 has decided to call it quits. They are one of my favorite bands, and so I was disappointed to hear this. I decided to start a thread about this.

im sooooo upset coz they r 1 of my fav bands n i luv there songs

Libertine
Originally posted by smarcus
nope, its official according to kerrang now

they have NOT split... but maybe they will

but i trust kerrang :P lol

You trust Kerrang! Oh my god what i pathetic magazine to trust, its full of opinions rather than fact, and im sorry but they officailly split ages ago.

DEFCON One
bump

evil_made_flesh
thank satan they broke up smile

fallentrinity
no i hate the magazine... i dunno, i have to trust them cuz i heard somewhere else this thing that travis said... so...

but your probably right

and kerrang are stuck up bastards who give their opinion and its unfair cuz they hire only people who have taste in legends and give more popish bands ir new bands they're not into bas comments...

Ronny
They broke up?!?!

So there really is a God. touched

SnakeEyes
Some people are here are being assholes...

Ronny
It's not the end of the world, its just a band roll eyes (sarcastic)

DEFCON One
i know that. but wouldn't it suck if u learned one of ur favorite bands suddenly quit?

R0B
Blink182 sucks so who cares

DEFCON One
the people who like them, of course

AnImE_ChAoS
Originally posted by DEFCON One

i hope they have broken up disgust >.>;; i havent read much to what people say to this comment but i read a few.

laughing oh so true!!

blink.........huh...are you mentally unstable? more than myself or something?

roll eyes (sarcastic) nobody cares genrally lol. the fools that like them of course, o.O thats their decision and little loss and 'end of the world' but please please please people that do like them o.o dont cry over it....thats just..........................very............pathetic. another band will come along after them like allways and you wil be in their crowd so jsut, give it a rest maybe? nobody really cares if bands break up, we are fans...not much we can do really its their lives so their decisions. huh

confused
vampire
tongue_ss
tee hee

AC. x

crazy_c
Yah I'm pretty sad aboot it. I like them lots. I'm glad that I at least got to see them the one time they came to Dublin. It rocked verily. yes

Oh and it's amusing when you whisper "indefinite hiatus" to a hardcore blink fan. Once someone cried. blink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.