Do You Support New British Anti-Terror Plans?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

smoker4
The British home secretary says the proposed anti-terror plans are vital due to the continuing terror threats facing the UK, despite widespread opposition.

Charles Clarke's plans include control orders, ranging from tagging to house arrest and would apply to UK as well as foreign terror suspects.

The Tories have accused ministers of trying to "ram" through the plans and the Lib Dems say only judges, not politicians, should be able to impose the orders.

Full article

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4292173.stm

FeceMan
I love the Brits.

lil bitchiness
Oh ffs! Tony Blair is the reason we have terrorist threats in the first place - in fact - everything thats wrong with this country is his fault. Grrrrr!!

FeceMan
^ Actually, I'd believe that the terrorist attacks initially stem from the genius that was Lawrence of Arabia. Pbbbbt...and he was British.

Sadako of Girth
I concurr. yes

WindDancer
Now here is something maybe your Grandparents or someone with good British History knowledge can answer me. How different are these new Anti-Terror plans compare to the anti-terror plans that the British had during the days of IRA? As far as I know Terror has always been an issue with the British even before Blair was PM. Some could help me here?

lil bitchiness
Its more racial profiling - its stupid. I cant even be bothered to argue this sad Tony Blair is an idiot cry

Sadako of Girth
We never had such civil-liberty-endangering stuff before.
We kind of just got on with it instead of doing the terrorist's work for them and willing tearing apart our day to day lives,
while the U.S who now have the Patriot act, which B-liar's cronies want us to submit to in the form of the new rights-infringing laws, were funding the IRA.

Alpha Centauri
There are many more things wrong with this country than the guy running it and as soon as we realise that we can go about fixing them.

Politically however, is there anyone better than him to run the country at the moment? I don't think so.

-AC

lil bitchiness
Well said. thumb up

smoker4
Thats one the problems, theres no one better around wink

Sadako of Girth
Yes there is. My neighbours pet dog.
After the last better part of the decade and the declines in education, healthcare and the pay of employees, immigration policy(Especially in the face of the "Faceless enemy from overseas-In the 2nd world war our borders would never be so lapse although I believe the threat to be exaggerated currrently.) Strikes, Policing/crime-this is the only time I'VE lived in when the burglar is better protected than the victim , The countless unneccesary overly politically correct law amendments and changes, Taxation, crisis handling, foriegn policy, cost of living, tuition fees, broken promises all the way through, Backing Bush Especially, europe screw it...That's just half of it,Every facet of our existing lives has been worsened to Sub-Thatcher-times levels... Im willing to vote Tory....!!! Lib-dem... Hell even for Kilroy Silk....(J/K)

Labour ARE the new Tories anyways as the gap between rich and poor has worsened far beyond my expectations for a Labour party....

And to be honest like Millions of other people in this country, I feel that
B-liar is TOTALLY untrustworthy.
If he came up to me right now and said:
"Sadako.... Your SN on KMC is Sadako of Girth..." I'd be compelled to tell him to piss off and stop lying to me... Just through his mouth espouting lie after lie after lie after lie......
If he said , Sadako, Iran wants all of our arses on its desk tommorow morning and all you have to do is vote for me and I'll stop it, I'd have to say: "Well my arse they'll have then Mr. Blair" that is how much I distrust him.
"Trust me Im Tony Blair" my arse

Sadako of Girth
Right. I don't 100% trust him, but Im voting Howards Torys.
Because my ideal party the lib dems have got less chance of the popular vote. A triangulation of vote crossfire is what Im hoping for...

If someone-Contestant number one is beating up my mum on a gameshow, I'll wheel in contestant number two....
They might be Hitler with a blowtorch, they might be Julie Andrews in Sound of music-guise, but in order to stop the ongoing atrocity Ill make that change..... At least with the Tories in the toughness on crime element might stop your mother being assaulted, or at least they might do something REALLY revolutionary and actually PUNISH themmmmm..!!

GCG
meh.........all i know is that the government is always a target for critics. whatever it does there are always unhappy people pointing their fingers.

Sadako of Girth
True but Im not pointing my finger at the others Just B-liar and his cabinet..... Since when have they been unaccountable by the people...?
"It can't be an easy job for sure to please everyone all the time" and all that..... But this guy is Palpatine as far as I'm concerned.
Most people I know (8-1) feel the same way about Blair I do.....
Blair wrongly sees himself as a god, says I know best, and then pisses all over the people he is supposed to be serving in favour of his own highly faliable and totally self-serving-vision....
And on the night that it emerged on Brit TV that No.10 HAD lied and interferred with matters of the highest held legality in the country, Im shocked that anyone else can't see that..... Oh well, despite Labour's best efforts, it's still a free country for decent folk. (Just about....)

GCG
i look back at winston churchill and what he did ........and still he lost the elections after the war messed

Sadako of Girth
Defending the Jews at that time was waaaaaay more noble and backable than what has transpired of late. That WAS a war not a bullying at best/unnecessary climate of xenophobisism promoting fear and unneccesarily infringing human rights factory in the name of the US's goals at worst....
True about how the Brits forgot Churchill afterwards though. Disgusting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.