Wonderman vs. Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eden Unicorn
bandLike it or not. If you approve of Wondermans character or not, this is the fight of his life. This is the fight he was made to face. It's almost his purpose for being in the Marvel Universe.

Sentry
All bets off, if Wonderman is uber pissed off/focused, I think he would take it. Wonderman's stamina and durability will come into play, and the longer this fight goes, the more the Gladiator will doubt himself, thus weakening him, not mention Wonderman's virtually tireless body. 2 to 1 For Wonderman as the victor.

ScarletSpider
Since Wonderman's a mass of living energy, he has unlimited endurance and is invulnerable. However Gladiator can take his lumps, and that self doubt thing doesn't really happen all that often, he really needs to be caught off guard, and fighting Humans, he's learned to steel himself. He also has the advantage in speed and distance attacks (eye beams). Though I think Simon has demonstrated his ability to absorb, manipulate and redirect energy for blasts and such, he's not all that experienced and can't do it readily, or even realiably all the time.

I think Wondy can take it, but I have to lean my favor more towards Gladiator.

Eden Unicorn
The first two to chim in are the respective comic gurus. nice to meet you guys. This fight is not only for earth but for the entire Universe. Weather or not WE will be governed.
Can even Wonderman stand up to that kind of pressure?

srankmissingnin
I saw scans once of Wonderman surviving, almost unharmed, an explotions that destroyed several solar systems. I haven't read the issue so I don't know much... except Wonderman looked old. Does anyone know the issue I'm talking about?

ScarletSpider
Sorry, can't help you. Though after dying like three times, his ionic powers have changed and matured to such that he's truly immortal now. It takes a lot to hurt him.

Horrificus
Wonder Man

h1a8
huh?
Gladiator is better than WM in just about everyway relevant here.

carver9
Lol...Wonderman and Gladiator already fought and Wonderman got punched through the core of the planet. EASILY.

Badabing
Glads get choked out by the Million Dollar Dream.

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
The real question is who can break the Million Dollar Dream applied by Wonder Man?

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/WonderMan3.jpg

http://www.blankmaninc.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/million-dollar-dream_288x288.jpg

Horrificus
Originally posted by carver9
Lol...Wonderman and Gladiator already fought and Wonderman got punched through the core of the planet. EASILY. When did that happen? Are you sure you aren't thinking of Hyperion flying them through the planet?

Horrificus
Originally posted by h1a8
huh?
Gladiator is better than WM in just about everyway relevant here. no

kgkg
Originally posted by Horrificus
When did that happen? Are you sure you aren't thinking of Hyperion flying them through the planet? Originally posted by kgkg
VS WONDER MAN

-easily defeats Wonder Man

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/977/40213028xv9.th.jpghttp://img116.imageshack.us/img116/7172/36644588mv7.th.jpghttp://img518.imageshack.us/img518/4686/31441653ep2.th.jpg

cdtm
Wasn't he a lot weaker then?

Pre Ionic or whatever?

kgkg
last scan wink
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/8092/wonderh.jpg

Martian_mind
Wonderman was suffering from power fluctuations at the time IIRC.

Plus he couldn't fly under his own power then. And when he appeared a few minutes later he was totally unscathed from all of that, he was merely trapped due to lack of mobility.

Anyway, in summary, Gladiator gets choked out like the ***** he is.

Horrificus
wow. poor Simon, getting suckered while trying to talk.
Well, at least we know now that he is faster than Gladiator, by the bottom of that second scan. Or, more accurately, almost as fast, since he was able to adjust to Gladiator's attack.

carver9
Originally posted by cdtm
Wasn't he a lot weaker then?

Pre Ionic or whatever?

Where did you get that from? Isn't that the same Wonderman that was marked as one of the strongest Avengers (minus Thor)?

cdtm
Where did you get that from? Isn't that the same Wonderman that was marked as one of the strongest Avengers (minus Thor)?

When he goes all sparkly blue, that's usually treated like some kind of upgrade. "Ionic upgrade", they call it.

But I'm not expert on Wonder Man.

I do know in his first appearance, his punches were also said to hit as hard of Mjolnir... But he also couldn't really hurt Thor or knock him out with a sucker punch, only managing to topple him.

carver9
wow. poor Simon, getting suckered while trying to talk.
Well, at least we know now that he is faster than Gladiator, by the bottom of that second scan. Or, more accurately, almost as fast, since he was able to adjust to Gladiator's attack.

Crazy thing about you trying to make Wonderman look amazing against Glads is, WM during that fight admitted Gladiator could have taken his head off with a single punch. Good try though.

carver9
Originally posted by cdtm
When he goes all sparkly blue, that's usually treated like some kind of upgrade. "Ionic upgrade", they call it.

But I'm not expert on Wonder Man.

I do know in his first appearance, his punches were also said to hit as hard of Mjolnir... But he also couldn't really hurt Thor or knock him out with a sucker punch, only managing to topple him.

Where was it stated that his strength decreased outside of being ionic?

cdtm
Where was it stated that his strength decreased outside of being ionic?

It wasn't?

So, what, exactly, was upgraded when he got his sparkly blue look?

Anyways, like I said, in his very first ever story, he hit Thor with everything he had, and the text made it clear he didn't actually hurt him.. Only knocked him off his feet.

Which, imo, is impressive enough to pit him against someone like Thing, and not someone like Thor/Gladiator.

But again, I'm no expert.. The best feat I've ever seen from him, is knocking out a holding back Atlus.

-Pr-
Gladiator.

Horrificus
Crazy thing about you trying to make Wonderman look amazing against Glads is, WM during that fight admitted Gladiator could have taken his head off with a single punch. Good try though. Hey hey hey now carver ole buddy! I'm not trying to make Simon, (that's what his friends call him) look amazing. I'm totally neutral! But, you just proved that he just ends up looking amazing anyway. big grin It can't be helped, so don't blame me man.

I'm just glad that an obviously blood-lusted (trying to take the head off of poor, friendly, trying to talk Wonder Man) Gladiator was not able to hurt friendly Simon. That's the important thing. That nobody was hurt.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

-Pr-
Wonderman isn't on Thor's level. This is just Carver trying to make Gladiator look good by association. Again.

Martian_mind
Crazy thing about you trying to make Wonderman look amazing against Glads is, WM during that fight admitted Gladiator could have taken his head off with a single punch. Good try though.

Right, because it's not like that statement, an obvious figure of speech, is contradicted by the numerous bloodlusted blows that did connect doing jack shit.

Come on Carver, you're better than.... Never mind.

DTM
Not a bad fight, Simon will make him work for it, but IMO Gladiator wins much more often than he loses against him.

carver9
Gladiator wouldn't lose a single match against Wonderman. Like I've stated...they already fought and it wasn't much of a challenge.

leonidas
Originally posted by -Pr-
Wonderman isn't on Thor's level. This is just Carver trying to make Gladiator look good by association. Again.

lol

pretty much. but glads would beat him at least 9/10.

Lord Feron
Gladiators owns him.

-Pr-
Gladiator wouldn't lose a single match against Wonderman. Like I've stated...they already fought and it wasn't much of a challenge.

Next time I see you try to argue that Simon is Thor level, I'm telling Bada.

carver9
I never said that.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The way Wonder Man manhandled Rulk, I don't know about this fight anymore man. I wouldn't be surprised if under Bendis, he was just flat out stronger and more powerful.

h1a8
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The way Wonder Man manhandled Rulk, I don't know about this fight anymore man. I wouldn't be surprised if under Bendis, he was just flat out stronger and more powerful.

Glads handling Cyke who pinkied Thor's "all his might" slam>>>>>>>>WM handling Rulk.

Branlor Swift
oh boy, here we go

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by h1a8
Glads handling Cyke who pinkied Thor's "all his might" slam>>>>>>>>WM handling Rulk.

Gladiator handled Cyclops? Lol okay, sure.

carver9
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Gladiator handled Cyclops? Lol okay, sure.

He did. I am posting the ft in his respect thread soon. It was just that good.

Branlor Swift
you Hulk bros shouldn't argue

-Pr-
I never said that.

lol, this guy.

He did. I am posting the ft in his respect thread soon. It was just that good.

No, he didn't.

He did. I am posting the ft in his respect thread soon. It was just that good. he was left in a coma carv

carver9
Originally posted by 753
he was left in a coma carv

What Herald wouldn't be left in a comma after being pounded on by the Phoenix 5?

guy222
kallark

-Pr-
Cyclops was holding back. Deal with it.

Branlor Swift
In a series where Thor got treated like a child, Glads came out looking better.

He got his high end feat for the decade, carv's gotta wait for 2020 now

carver9
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
In a series where Thor got treated like a child, Glads came out looking better.

He got his high end feat for the decade, carv's gotta wait for 2020 now

Lol...that's not what I heard. This yr will be an amazing yr for Gladiator. big grin

kgkg
Lol...that's not what I heard. This yr will be an amazing yr for Gladiator. big grin Hopefully his jobbing days are over!

Branlor Swift
Lol...that's not what I heard. This yr will be an amazing yr for Gladiator. big grin

You didn't hear anything.

Off topic:
But I've got the story for you about Hulk and Thor... if you're up to the challenge boy:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=408013&pagenumber=4

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by kgkg
Hopefully his jobbing days are over! The only one I can see giving any props are Hickman. And it looks like Glads will only make cameos in Avengers, and is one of the many guest stars in the Thanos mini

They'll be like 4 decent feats if even I'm guessing

carver9
You didn't hear anything.

Off topic:
But I've got the story for you about Hulk and Thor... if you're up to the challenge boy:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=408013&pagenumber=4

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

carver9
The only one I can see giving any props are Hickman. And it looks like Glads will only make cameos in Avengers, and is one of the many guest stars in the Thanos mini

They'll be like 4 decent feats if even I'm guessing

Naah...it wasn't Hickman that recently said Gladiator can punch a moon to dust and rip Blackholes in half.

Branlor Swift
Naah...it wasn't Hickman that recently said Gladiator can punch a moon to dust and rip Blackholes in half. And I doubt he'll appear in Wolverine and the X-Men again all year

carver9
And I doubt he'll appear in Wolverine and the X-Men again all year

Not really. Marvel plan on getting him more involved on cosmic level stories. He might appear in an Xmen story but it will not be something major.

Rao Kal El
Gladiator

kgkg
The only one I can see giving any props are Hickman. And it looks like Glads will only make cameos in Avengers, and is one of the many guest stars in the Thanos mini

They'll be like 4 decent feats if even I'm guessing He was in Avengers 5 but didn't do much though...but ya we prob won't see much of him.

-Pr-

More rumours? Like how DC was weakening Superman?

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
More rumours? Like how DC was weakening Superman?

It happened though. For a short period of time but it did happen.

-Pr-
It happened though. For a short period of time but it did happen.

No, it didn't.

So come on, tell us where you heard this.

the Darkone
Is my understanding Wonder Man is like Hulk, the madder he gets the stronger he gets. Also is possible Wonder Man can increase his strength due to being Ionic energy is some way, just saying. Thor has compare Wonder Man fist to Mojlner, Gladiator if anything has the speed advantage on WM, strength who know now. But he sure as hell manhandle Rulk like a gnat.

Horrificus
WM will defeat Gladiator on-panel soon.

are the annihilators ever gonna come back into print?

Horrificus
Originally posted by 753
are the annihilators ever gonna come back into print? I haven't decided yet.

carver9
WM will defeat Gladiator on-panel soon.

When.?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.