5 on 5 Avengers VS JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sentry
Here the rosters:

Avengers:

Sentry
Thor
Iron Man
Dr.Strange
Quasar

VS.

The Justice League

Pre-Crisis Superman
Wonder Woman
Steel
Dr. Fayt
Green Lantern

Avengers win in my book.

eleveninches
Good list.

Pre-Crisis supes beats Sentry
Thor beats WOnderwoman
Steel v Iron man : Stalemate
Dr Fate v Dr Strange (stalemate)
Green Lantern v Quasar: Hal (and maybe kyle) could beat him, but i doubt that john, guy or alan could.

DarkCrawler
Isn't Alan the most skilled of them all?

kgkg
i think he mean kyle or john , cuz hal is no longer then Green Lantern

I give this to marvel.

Pre-Crisis supes beats Sentry ( good battle)
Thor beats WOnderwoman (for sure)
Steel v Iron man : Iron mAn(i give this to Iron man his got better armor , or he can use bigger armor)
Dr Fate v Dr Strange (stalemate i agree)
Green Lantern v Quasar: Quasar will beat any Gl except Hal even hal his gonna give him a fight.

so marvel takes this , if MM was here he might have made a difference

nigel45
JL takes this with Pre-Crisis supes.

DarkCrawler
Pre-Crisis Supes blows them all to another galaxy.

Tron
You're a little late kgkg, I take it you haven't been checking out Green Lantern: Rebirth. If Hal's not wearing the ring again now, then he will be in an issue or two (I haven't seen the issues in a while so I'm not sure).

spetznaz
I like you Sentry (as i said in the other thread). You take the time to research characters before posting, and that is a refreshing (and much needed trait) here.
The match-ups you've made above are actually quite good (with the only exception being that Pre-Crisis Supes is a tad bit over-testestoroned, but he is fighting Sentry so it is fair).
And you also matched specific powers from DC and Marvel, eg DC's GL has the same powers as Marvel's Quasar - light constructs.
And Steel vs Iron Man is a good match (especially if you are using the recent Steel with the sentient armor).
And Dr.Fate vs Dr.Strange is one of the best fights possible. After all Dr.Strange has the knowledge of the occult memorized to the letter, plus he has artifacts like the eye of Agamotto and the book of the Vishanti. Hence he has more knowledge than Fate.
But Fate, although not as well versed as Strange, has the helm of Nabu, a Lord of Order whose power is of such magnitude that it is nigh indescribable. Fate has by far a higher octane level than Strange, and i am talking about the occult (Fate is also super-strong and all that). Due to the Nabu connection Fate has access to greater (far greater) power, but Strange is by far more knowledgeable.
As i said, a great fight.
Thor vs Wonderwoman would easily go to Thor, but that is balanced by the Pre-Crisis Supes vs Sentry matchup.

Personally i'd give this to the JLA team due to their far better teamwork ability.

But i like your choices. You need to have a talk with some of the fanboys and show them how REAL threads are made (eg you need to talk to those who match up Superman against Doc Ock and Electro!!!!!!!!!!!!)

juggernaut74
Hal is indeed back in green if you know what I mean. He appeard on the last page of GL Rebirth #4. Team DC takes this with Hal and pre-crisis Superman.

ScarletSpider
I would say Alan is the most experienced and best GL. Of course, by my sig, you can tell who my favorite is. Though his power is a bit different, it's taken from the Starheart, which is mystical in nature. His powers have fluctuated over the years, and because of his myriad apperances, from the Golden Age up through many apperances in GL v3 and a constant presence in the JSA, it's nigh impossible to catalogue everything. Though I have seen him use his ring for intangibility and teleportation too, I am unsure as to if he still retains these powers, and to what degree he can use them.

As for the fight itself, with pre-Crisis Supes (even though Sentry is based off of pre-crisis Supes) they win.

Sentry
I agree with you there. Scarlet Spider. I think Alan is the most experienced GL. C'mon, this guy doesn't need the GL ring anymore because of prolonged exposure to Starheart's power, the power is permanently imbued within him. Even his daughter Jenna Lynn Haden or Jade was practically born with her father's powers. She had to wait a few years till adolescence to kick in, but still I think Sentinel rocks. And as for beating Quasar, I think he's one of the a few GL's that could beat him. Even though I'm a big marvel fan, I do have a few comics of GL's and a couple of Sentinel, The GL corps are a powerful bunch indeed.

As for Sentry, yes his powers are based on Pre-Crisis Supes, but his writers have yet to determine his weakness, and the only Villains that gave Sentry a hard time was Galactus whom he fought to a draw, and Void, Sentry's opposite and evil form. I know Pre-Crisis Supes was a monster, but can he take on a being with the power of a million exploding suns. Superman Prime could and probaly beat Sentry, but Pre-Crisis Supes will be defeated by Sentry. As you can see who my favorite chracter is. ^__^

JWangSDC
who is sentry? (on the avengers)

Cosmic Cube
Dr Fate = Dr Strange? No.

Dr. Strange can fly at warp speed usinf the cloak of levitation, Dr. Strange has the book of the vishanti (like, the most powerful magical artifact in all of the universe,) The eye of agomotto (grants him mear omnipotent levels of telepathy), the ruby of dominion (allows it's user to control the minds of others,) the scrolls of watoomb (once again, powerful as hell,) the bands of cyttorak (you know, the bands that give Juggernaut his power,) along with many other magical artifacts. Dr. Fate has a helmet containing the essence of an earthbound egyptian sorceress. Dr. Strange is far more powerful than Dr. Fate.

Iron Man = Steel? No.

Iron Man's suit technology is far more advanced. With it, he can acheive orbital velocity, (greater than mach 10,) the suit is nigh indestructable (similar to low grade adamantium,) he has repulsor blasts, missiles, the uni-beam, and countless other weapons. Steel has a hammer, and rocket boots. Iron Man would destroy him.

IMHO if the Avengers can get rid of pre-crisis superman, (which shouldn't be too hard, being that he has a weakness to magic, and the Avengers have the greatest sorcerer in the universe on their side,) The Avengeers will win.

Sentry
Sentry: As Reynolds drank from the bottle, he felt an energy course through him like that of a million exploding suns. The splintered images of his prior existence began to coalesce. He remembered himself as a hero -- the Sentry, Golden Guardian of Good -- fighting alongside the Avengers, Spider-Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four and the X-Men. Before his fall from grace, Reynolds had conquered time and space itself. He was omnipotent; he was immortal. He was the Sentry.

Height: 6 ft. 2 in.
Weight: 200 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blond

Known superhuman powers: While the full extent of the Sentry's solar-based abilities is unknown, he has demonstrated super-strength, invulnerability, super-speed, the power of flight and the capacity to control light. The Sentry's abilities derive from an experimental serum that creates a phase-shift in his molecules, causing each atom to step an instant ahead of the current timeline. The serum induces a photosynthetic reaction, resulting in a hyperstate of consciousness. In effect, the Sentry's powers are limitless.

He's in the New Avengers now. Replacing Thor. I do hope they bring Thor back, that Avengers diassembled series was little confusing. Or Wonderman, or Hercules, or Strange, or Magento, man that would be cool. They need more powerhouses. I also hope the writers reveal more about his past. Oops, getting off the subject, that's a quickie description of who he is, and what powers he has.

long pig
so sentry could suck supes solar power? yes.
then sentry would take the rest out by himself

ScarletSpider
We have that paragraph about what his powers are supposed to be, but we've never really seen him use any of them. It's all still debatable.

DarkCrawler
Fate did go toe to toe with Spectre...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.