Good books

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maylien
I love reading fantasy books but i don't know what the best one would be to read next anyone got any suggestions

Ignite
have u heard of phillip pullman? or john saul. they write great books.

Maylien
Ive read the dark the dark materials trilogy and the sally lockhart books but i have never heard of John Saul what are his books about

FallenArchAngel
The Forgotten Realms books are phenominal I HIGHLY recommend them. The Dragonlance series are on of the best.

Maylien
Thanks for the idea ill try and fins them next time i have some money anyone else got any suggestions

Ignite
well u do like fantasy rite?
well john saul, douglass clegg, stephan spriull,
they are all great, they have websites to if u wanna know
what what type of books they write.

Maylien
Thanks ill look at the sites

Corran
Robert Jordan Wheel of time series. If you like comedy fantasy then you've just gotta read the Terry Pratchett Discworld books, in fact read them anyhow you'll love them.

Lyra Rose
phillip pullmans are books are the ones to read

Lyra Rose
and darren shan

dami wilson
There's a new book out in town called 'If Looks Could Kill.....'
would you want to buy this book?

dami wilson

If looks could kill.....the good, the bad and the darn right ugly!

Yeap, I've read this book and it's def! Its about a guy with the powers to kill anybody when upset. Only problem is he doesn't want it as he never asked for it and it's getting him noticed by the police, the men of the underworld and a comical notorious Bunty Hunter whose a big big Michael Jackson fan! Apart from that, he cant control who he kills when
under the curse and has just killed his beautiful exgirlfriend.

Danny Thompson is this guy and he is being pressured by a Mafia family to kill his boss, the father of the girl he's falling in love with and the owner of the firm he works for! The Mafia need to make a quick sale for an Oil firm on behalf of a corrupt African Dictator (not Saddam, that's Iraq) and they've found one. The one Danny works for. Only problem is the owner doesn't want to sell and to make matters worse, he's related to another more powerful Mafia family in New York.

Danny's the best option for the Mafia to bump John Hopkins (C.E.O of Hopkins International) off without directing attention to themselves).

A dark romantic comedy thriller with a tinge of comedy! Make sure you read this as it won an award in the Houston Film Festival last year and there are plans to turn it into a film later this year! Actors and actresses are being sort!

IF you're interested, I could direct you to a cool web site to buy it!

FallenArchAngel
Icewind Dale is another series I recommend

Maylien
Sounds really good dami what is the site

Madison
You should read some of the Charmed books they are good

Maylien
I already have some of the charmed books your right they are good

Lyra Rose
not read the books but have see them on tv Pheobe is the best

dami wilson
If looks could kill.....the good, the bad and the darn right ugly!

Yeap, I've read this book and it's def! Its about a guy with the powers to kill anybody when upset. Only problem is he doesn't want it as he never asked for it and it's getting him noticed by the police, the men of the underworld and a comical notorious Bunty Hunter whose a big big Michael Jackson fan! Apart from that, he cant control who he kills when
under the curse and has just killed his beautiful exgirlfriend.

Danny Thompson is this guy and he is being pressured by a Mafia family to kill his boss, the father of the girl he's falling in love with and the owner of the firm he works for! The Mafia need to make a quick sale for an Oil firm on behalf of a corrupt African Dictator (not Saddam, that's Iraq) and they've found one. The one Danny works for. Only problem is the owner doesn't want to sell and to make matters worse, he's related to another more powerful Mafia family in New York.

Danny's the best option for the Mafia to bump John Hopkins (C.E.O of Hopkins International) off without directing attention to themselves).

A dark romantic comedy thriller with a tinge of comedy! Make sure you read this as it won an award in the Houston Film Festival last year and there are plans to turn it into a film later this year! Actors and actresses are being sort!

Last edited by dami wilson on Yesterday at 03:17 PM

AragonIsKing
Right now I'm reading a 5 part series about Merlin. The author is T.A. Barron. It wont be too hard finding them. They're pretty simple but fun to read. E-mail me, I'd like to stay in touch.

Maylien
hi aragorn is king apart from merlin what are the about

Filmmaker451
Didn't get to read it yet but everybody is a BIG fan of the hobbit

dark1365
Read Warcraft: War of the Ancients series, good for fantasy/action-adventure.

BartmanX
I would HIGHLY suggest the Deltora book siries.

Zachara
Fantasy hmmm...

Short reads or long ones?

Tamora Pierce has some great short reads. She does alot of women in arms. Her Tortallian stuff is really good. (*grr* haven't read Circle of Magic yet *grr*)
http://www.tamora-pierce.com/

Mercedes Lackey is GREAT. She's done alot of stuff though.
http://www.mercedeslackey.com/text/1indexpage.shtml
Her Valdemar novels are my favorite, though the Fairy Tales series were pretty good too.

Anyway, you've got alot of suggestions from everyone else and those two are all I want to give cause it's 1:31 in morning right now. big grin
Have fun.

knight
Ray Davies - X-Ray

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/hot_knight/xray-cover.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/hot_knight/bigcountry_banner.jpg

Dreampanther
Terry Goodkind - Sword of Truth series, especially the first three
Robert Jordan - Wheel of Time series, though I got bored after book 7
Peter F Hamilton - Naked God trilogy
Vernor Vinge - Absolutely anything
Neil Gaiman - Everything, especially Sandman series
Roger Zelazny - Anything, especially Amber series
David Gemmell - This man is the best living British author of fantasy. I kid you not. I have read almost everything he has written to pieces
David Eddings - All his series
Orson Scott Card - Ender series and Alvin Maker
Stephen King - Dark Tower series
Frank Herbert - Dune series
Stephen Donaldson - Thomas Covenant series
Terry Prattchett - Duh!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.