I am a nail-biter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FeceMan
Help... I cannot stop picking and chewing at my nails and they look like hell. Yes, you read correctly--if you opened up a portal to hell and looked through it, you would see something that looked like my nails. I chew gum and on pencils and pens but it doesn't work! Any suggestions?

And don't try any 'willpower' crap--trust me, it DOES NOT work.

a1hsauce
well,... heres somethin that worked on me... u know the stuff ur piss is made out of, the salty mineral crap, thats actually the same composition of ur nails.... still think theyre tasty?

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
my friend used to bite her nails..so she got this really gross tasting stuff..it was like nail polish so everytime she went to bite her nails she would stop because it tasted to bad..and now she doesn't bite her nails

Linkalicious
get braces....it's near impossible to bite your nails with those SOBs.

When in doubt....actually look at your finger nails and the sh!t underneath them.

Do you really want that crap in your mouth?

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
that is true

PVS
thats how i stopped biting my nails. amazing the habits you can break when you dont have a choice.

Arachnoidfreak
Feceman!? I have not seen one of your posts in ages.

Hello!

CherryPie
I bite my nails

my right hand always *shrugs*

a1hsauce
too bad it should be ur left

CherryPie
my left hand is perdy though my right hand

except for the pinky embarrasment

is perdy stick out tongue

a1hsauce
ya i prefer my right hand

CherryPie
your bad A1

I know what you mean shifty

a1hsauce
laughing out loud laughing i was wondering who would pick up on it

CherryPie
I am the queen of nautiness

a1hsauce
u got my vote

debbiejo
I bite mine too. I know what worked before..caffine makes me bite mine, even pop with caffine. I smoke sad but I notice when I am not smoking, I don't feel like biting them.

CherryPie
uublah

Leggy_n_Merry
Yeah willpower really does not work, neither does that disguisting tasting stuff, and neither does people telling you stuff like "look at all the dirt" and "there's the same amount of germs as on a toilet seat" That doesn't make you stop because you know you're biting your nails and you know that you're not licking a toilet and it obviously doesn't taste like crap or pee does it haha, it's just the same amount of germs not the same taste! So you're just thinking...I'm biting my nails...nothing wrong with that! You don't really care either..well I don't. I bite mine loads too...I've tried so many times to stop but I just can't do it! Also having a brace didn't stop me eitehr, I had one on the top and one on the bottom and was still able to bite them *sigh* had them off now though and obviously I still bite them....sorry I am of no help! I know exactly what you mean though and how you feel....

Jackie Malfoy
Ok this is what you do.My friend was a nail biter too and we put some perfune on her fingers and becaues of the taste you can't bite her nails now!
You should try that!jm

FeceMan
Why did this get moved?

I mean, I am always incredibly on topic and pertinent to everyone else. Off-Topic forum my rear legs.

debbiejo
Stick your fingers in your ears to get ear wax on them. kind of icky. Just tried it myself.

Arachnoidfreak
You have rear legs!? eek!

debbiejo
^ ewwwww

Leggy_n_Merry
I was thinking that too.... I mean nail biting isn't "Off-topic" is it? It's discussing biting nails...hmm....

And putting perfume on your fingers..well at first it's disguisting, but you might get used to it...i did with that yucky tasting stuff. Plus it's really annoying when you're trying to eat stuff coz if you pick something up like crisps or a biscuit or a sandwhich or something then you get the taste on your fingers...it's very inconvenient.

Leggy_n_Merry
hahaha! but you can't have earwax on your fingers at all times can you...what about in school when you're writing and stuff it'd go on the pen haha!! and in school is when i bite mine most coz i get so bored. also, you don't realise you're biting your nails sometimes so it's really hard to give up sad you just automatically do it. and about the earwax thing again...i can't do that i clean my ears...wax free big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.