Is it ok for a 16 year old to have sex with a 20 year old?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

David Duchovony
Well what do you guys think? I'm not dating anyone that young but I just want your opinions. I know this has been done before but I need to know.

Elektra_lover
NO its not ok. ITS ILLEGAL!

BackFire
Legally, no.

By my personal standards, if she's hot enough.

Df02
legal age is 16 in UK...would be frowned upon, but nowt really wrong with it

Alpha Centauri
There's plenty of right things that are illegal, EL.

-AC

Arsenal
Depends on the maturity level of the 16 year old. I know a 14 year old who looks like she's 18-19.

eggmayo
thumb up

Fire
same in belgium and I think it would a big age diffeence but some of my friends have been in that situation so I'm inclined to say yes. it wasn't like he was treating her like garbage or anything

Alpha Centauri
Mental maturity is what matters really.

-AC

Elektra_lover
like?

BackFire
Murder, Rape, burglary, etc.

Cooties
I say no. A teenager having sex with a adult. Thats noy right. If the 16 yr old gets a baby the 20 yr would not help her and the parents will most likely kick her out.She would have to have two jods to spport her , the baby and rent.

Fire
hehe go BF big grin

Ignite
its legal here and 14 yr olds are doing it so 16 yr olds can i guess.

Storm

eggmayo
Yeah.. round here... 14 yr olds get more sex than anyone... really.

Elektra_lover
THat isn't even funny. Thats the worst thing that could ever happen. Don't even joke about that.

BackFire
Who said I was joking?

lil bitchiness
No, in my opinion it is not right or legal.

Fire
:P

Alpha Centauri
Well let me answer your question with another question EL.

Do you actually believe all legal things are right and all illegal things are wrong?

Smoking marijuana isn't wrong, it's illegal. Mushrooms aren't wrong, they're illegal.

-AC

Elektra_lover
Holy shit. Rape is the ****ing worst thing in the world. Your a piece of shit if you think its okay to ****ing rape someone.

BackFire
Lots of people think Marijuan is wrong, hence why it's illegal.

Fire
Some things are illegal for no good reason idd AC but most of them are ok

manjaro
yes its ok. cuz it is the legal limit in USA, but statutory rape comes in when the participants are 5 yrs or more apart. also in US ppl can get married at 14.

PVS
someone needs to calm the f down

Fire
try to get it back on topic guys

Elektra_lover
No I don't I know exactlly what rape feals like and its ****ed up to ay shit like rapes ok.

lil bitchiness
Agreed.

Rape is a act of anger and violence NOT passion.

Alpha Centauri
She gets freaked out easy, PVS. Don't worry. She tends to swear alot also. Has Net Tourrettes or something. Nobody said rape was ok or good and I'm sure nobody thinks it either. Chill out.

"Lots of people think Marijuan is wrong, hence why it's illegal."

I don't think making there's anything right with making nature against the law.

Lots think marijuana is right and good. That's slightly off topic though. My point was, to EL, not all illegal things are wrong.

-AC

Ignite
really???? wow, when ur 20 here they still want u to have ur parents agreement on it...

Elektra_lover
Smoking marijuana is wrong. It leads to terrible things.

And thaks lil

Ushgarak
If it is legal- which in many places, in fact most places, it is- then it depends on the girl, and the guy, and that's all you can say about it. It is neither innately right or wrong, it depends on the people.

Fire
Guys this no discussion about marijuana (altho that'd be a nice topic to discuss)

Alpha Centauri
Smoking marijuana is wrong because it leads to terrible things?

Anyone seen that movie Clueless? Funny movie. Well not really, just using it's title to prove a point.

I'm not trying to go off topic, it was an example. She claimed it was wrong coz it was illegal. Which isn't true in some cases, the whole wrong/illegal thing.

-AC

eggmayo
Weed is fine.

BackFire
"Lots think marijuana is right and good. That's slightly off topic though. My point was, to EL, not all illegal things are wrong."

Everything that's illegal is percieved as "wrong" by the majority of people.

PVS
i smoke pot, have smoked for like 15 years...worst thing it led to is lovehandles...and im not even sure if i can blame the munchies for that.
so what 'terrible' thing should i look out for? besides a summons that is...

Fire
on topic PLEASE!

Alpha Centauri
"Everything that's illegal is percieved as "wrong" by the majority of people."

Yes but while there's a significant amount of people with the opposite view, it can't really be claimed as wholly wrong.

-AC

PVS
oh right...sorrystick out tongue

Leggy_n_Merry
Errr no offence but that wasn't a nice thing to say about rape..I agree with Elektra_lover, she has a reason to be "freaked out." Not intended to be nasty to anyone...

Back on topic....well 16 is the legal age here yes so I don't really see what's wrong with it if you're in like a relationship maybe and been together a long time without the 16 year old feeling pressured or anything. And it's like 20 year olds aren't really THAT old...I thought it was quite old before but my sister's boyfriend is 20 (she's 18) and he doesn't seem old at all, he's just like her. But say the 20 year old took advantage or something well obviously that isn't right...but if the 16 year old is fine with it then that's ok...it's their decision.

BackFire
"Yes but while there's a significant amount of people with the opposite view, it can't really be claimed as wholly wrong."

Nope, but as long as it's the majority that are listened too it will stay as is.

The majority is what decides what get percieved as right/wrong by society as a whole usually.

David Duchovony
Why is marijauna always the scapegoat for immoral behaviour? I mean educate yourselves, alcoholism is responsible for more deaths that marijauna ever has been. At least when you're high you can function, when you're drunk, you can't. And the bottom line is if you're a terrible person, you'll do terrible things when you get drunk or high. Don't buy into the fallacies the media propagates.

Fire
at a young age 4 years looks like a lot but there are tons of healthy marriages and relationships in the world with a 4 year age difference

David Duchovony
Besides most males are at least 2 years their wive's seniors.

PVS
true...im 30 and the thought of having a dilemma about dating a 26 or 34 year old is downright laughable.

Alpha Centauri
Yes Backfire, but it still doesn't disprove what I said.

Depends on your opinion of right and wrong. On that (off topic) matter of marijuana, I don't believe it's wrong because it's a herb that grows naturally and it's up to whoever uses it.

ON topic however:

*Throws senses of humour*

Feel free to grab a couple of these, guys and girls.

Nobody was saying rape was good or anything, at least not seriously. I would think everyone here believes it's wrong.

-AC

Leggy_n_Merry
Yup exactly I agree Fire. But it's like it's not right for a 12 year old and 16 year old to have sex...weren't they thinking of lowering the age thing of having sex to like 12...isn't that just sick?

Oh yeah and dope is probably illegal because if it wasnt it would probably encourage more people to smoke it or whatever....i mean look how many people smoike tobacco...errrrr..even though if that was illegal they'd probably still smoke it anyway...

lil bitchiness
Ok, enough shit about rape - whoever thinks its acceptable has something wrong with them.

AS for the sex thing - i think that 16 year old knows squat about what she/he wants. I thought i knew everything when i was that age - i knew shit. And now i think i know everything, when in fact 10 years from now i'll look back and think - i knew shit.

The point, therefore is, that the law assumes similar - it assumes that 16 year old is not mature enough to make a right decision, it assumes that 16 year old can be easely persuaded into doing something he/she doesnt want.

HOWEVER, having sex at 16 is legal, so....its more of a morla issue than a legal i guess.

Ushgarak
Yes... so your point there is odd. As 16 is the AOC, the law in fact says the opposite- that a 16 year old CAN make that decision.

And so it is not really anyone's business to criticise the legal private activities of two consenting adults.

Fire
I think it's still 16 in belgium.

There have also are serious downsides to being high David

Leggy_n_Merry
Yeah but if at the time you feel ready and trust the other person then I think that's ok isn't it? I know people can be pressured but some people are mature enough to be be strong enough and say no.

Jackie Malfoy
That is not only againt the law and that person can get arrested but it is gross and wrong.JM

Alpha Centauri
You think you know everything now? Hmm.

I know 16 year olds with their heads more than screwed on. Perfectly sensible.

I know 25 year olds who are morons without a shred of sense.

Mental maturity is the deciding factor here. I believe at 16 you should be able to have a basic grasp of what's a dangerous situation and what isn't so as to keep yourself out of bad situations. It's legal so therefore I have no problem with it.

-AC

Leggy_n_Merry
Yeah and about the drug thing... (I know this is off topic sorry...) well if marijuana was legalised then people would wonder why other, more serious drugs weren't legal such as cocaine and heroin and then seeing as it would be even easier (not that it already is) to get hold cannabis then more people might try other drugs which are more serious

PVS
NO, because cocaine and heroine are DEADLY
bad conclusion

PVS
damn i did it again...sorry

lets stay on topic and stop tempting me stick out tongue

eggmayo
Weed doesnt lead to more drugs... I've been a regular pothead for two years now and Ive only done other stuff because I wanted to see what they were like, not because I was forced into it by weed.

Storm
Well damn it. Bite off your tongue.

PVS
oh will someone please just start a pot thread, this is getting ridiculous

lil bitchiness
You';re right, it wasnt meant to be a point, i was just stating what i believed - kinda worded it wrong...

But a 16 year old is technically NOT an adult, right? Besides, if thats true, then why cant two gay men under the age of 18 have sex? (well they can, but its illegal?)

Leggy_n_Merry
Yeah but cannabis still harms you doesn't it, that's why i don't understand why tobacco is legal really....

lil bitchiness
Stop with the drug argument! I dont want to say this again!

Fire
they can't?

Ushgarak
That's not true. Labour equalised that to 16 years ago by use of the Parliament act.

lil bitchiness
Nope, its illegal. I cant remember if its 18 or 21.

Fire
lol now who is right? cause that would be a serious conflict I think

Ushgarak
Not so Lil!

Leggy_n_Merry
sorrysadembarrasment

Yeah I don't know why two men under that age can't have sex it's stupid. I don't think there should be an age limit at all, you should do it when you want. People who are maybe 18 or 19 or so and are still virgins may not feel as pressured then as they won't think "Oh, i'm like 3 years older than the age limit" or whatever

Ushgarak
Gee, doesn't anyone keep up with the news in this country?

It's been 16 for both sexes for four years now.

Fire
I was 18 at my first time (I never felt pressured and I wouldn't if there was an age limit)

Bardock42
If he/she is 16 and the other part is like 20 or 22 well I think then it is ok, by my moral standards at least, if they are younger it depends hpw young and how mature but at some age it should be illegal I think.

Aboot the Weed I don't understand that either, its no worse thqan cigarettes.

dean7879
of course its ok to have sex at 16...just make sure u are careful

Alpha Centauri
Anyone can grow weed, harder for the government to make a profit. Tax drugs= good, legal drugs. Coincidentally the ones that cause death.

Someone bump the drugs thread for that.

----------

On topic:

Age is being equated to having able mind.

By being an adult you aren't immediately bestowed with a common sense and danger radar. 16 is legal and therefore it isn't wrong. As Milla said, if there is any problem it should be morally, coz it's technically legal. I don't see anything morally wrong with it but others might.

-AC

Leggy_n_Merry
oh has it...well i was just going along with what someone else said...i didn't actually know myself i just assumed they were right. but still as i said, i think there shouldn't be an age limit. it's not like when 2 14 year old's have sex that someone is gona find out and tell the police and arrest them is it? it's like if you're 15 you could well be ready and then you trust your partner and everything and then it's actually illegal to have sex, it's not like you're gonna bear that in mind is it?

lil bitchiness
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

Note i posted at the same time as you and DIDNT SEE YOUR POST!

Sheesh!

Ushgarak
Gee, no need to be all capital letters about it!

Alpha Centauri
Everyone, calm down.

Don't make me grab my guitarfiddle and make you all hold hands, coz so help me I shall if I need to.

-AC

Fire
AC don't even think about it

lil bitchiness
No need to repret yourself 100 times and with the 'gee' - i cant reply quick, im on the phone...

Ushgarak
I just thought you might not have noticed the first post. No need to be a big phone-handling grouch!

lil bitchiness
Its not like i posted after it...

manjaro
besides 16 yo girls always think they know what love is.....all the better to exploit IMO.

Alpha Centauri
Nobody is attacking you Milla.

Relax, take a bath, listen to "Sound of the tide Vol 1".

Don't worry.......bout a thang.......coz every liddle thing, is gawna be alllriiiite.

-AC

lil bitchiness
Thanks for clearing that up for me, cos me and Ush never spoke like this before...

PVS
if i didnt know otherwise i would think lil and ush were married laughing out loud

Alpha Centauri
No problem.

"besides 16 yo girls always think they know what love is.....all the better to exploit IMO."

Hahahaha, you devil.

-AC

lil bitchiness
ninja

Ushgarak
Crap! Busted!

(hides with Lil)

Alpha Centauri
I KNEW IT ALL ALONG!

(Didn't, but jumping on bandwagon).

-AC

PVS
http://www.marriagesuccess.com/

laughing out loud stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
Better yet:

http://www.drphil.com

-AC

Afro Cheese
Most people think Marijuana is wrong because it's illegal, not the other way around.

benx
yes its fine,

Afro Cheese
I have a friend who is 17 and dating a 24 year old so.. basically the same thing. I've told her that I think he's too old for her but she likes him and there's nothing I can do about it.

ericadurancefan
age doesnt make a difference as long as its not an extreme gap,i am 21 and i sleep with a 17 year old,my friend is 20 and sleeps with a 13 year old,its all a matter of opinion

manjaro
thats my kinda gut right there....your friend that is

Alpha Centauri
20 year old and 13, that's a 7 year gap.

She's barely a teen, not even legal by global consensus.

-AC

ericadurancefan
i like them young but not that young,thats just sick thumb down

KharmaDog
I would question the maturity and intelligence of a 20 year old who can't find a woman his own age that will sleep with him, so he has to resort to sleeping with children. Any guy who does that is either a pedophile or a social coconut.

Leggy_n_Merry
Yeah but maybe he does actually genuinely like her and she likes him. i agree that 13 and 20 is a bit iffy though...but we don't really know the situation properly. But seeing as she's underage (but as i've said i don't think there should be an legal age, even though i don't think 12 year olds and 13 year olds and such having sex is very nice, they're way too young i think, so i know what you mean)

Alpha Centauri
I wouldn't go so far as to say sick.

The legal age is 12 in some countries but it is a bit questionable.

-AC

KharmaDog
For a 13 year old girl and a 20 year old man to have something in common he would have to be a functioning idiot with the mentality of a 13 year old or she would have to be as a mature a a 20 year old. I guarantee you that you are not going to find a 13 year old girl who is that mature.

David Duchovony
Have you talked to your friend about this?

big gay kirk
The legal position in the United Kingdom is clear.... 16 is the age of consent... if a sixteen year old girl says yes to a 20 year old man, then no law has been broken... morally, its a different matter, and depends entirely on the circumstances... for instance, when i was 33 I had a relationship with an eighteen year old.... she had a job, her own flat, had lived alone for three years... we had a good time for three weeks... however, when another eighteen year old girl I know tried it on, i turned her down flat... but she was still at school, and a bit childish.... as for homosexual activity, again, sixteen is the AOC... although technically, lesbian activity between consenting persons is legal at any age, depending on how good your lawyer is... someone mentioned a move to lower the AOC in Britain (and I can't be bothered to look back and find out who...) this is true... the plan was to lower the age to 14, with the proviso that only those under eighteen and over 14 could have sex with someone aged between 14 and 16.... this seemed very complicated, and was never pushed through... the main argument against wasn't to do with morality, more that how the law would be worded made it difficult to see who could do it with whom.....

manny321
IN canada a while back a 16 year was charged with doing it with a 13 or 12 year old. The age limit is 14. THe only thing i don't understand is that why so young. Your only 14, you don't need to worry about sex life. When i was 14/15 i was playing video games and worrying about school. These kids should focus on things that really matter. However 16 or above go ahead and have fun. I highly doubt the age limit is 18 in US. Damn it most US kids have done it by then.

Berserker
I'm 20 and have sex with a 16 year old dog. Is that ok?

Alpha Centauri
Everyone knows what kids SHOULD do.

What kids actually do is different and the sooner people start dealing with inevitabilities, the better.

As long as it's safe and of reasonable age, which for me, would be 15 and up universally, sex is really not a problem. There's always gonna be irresponsible youths just like there'll always be irresponsible drivers and car accidents.

I think the reason, subconsciously or not, that so many people believe doing it young is bad is because everyone has this "wait for someone special" thing that they attach to virginity. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't about to go and do it with any random girl but I wasn't about to wait for "the one". Sex isn't something that should be taboo or restricted beyond belief. The age of having sex isn't getting lower and lower. The age of sexual exploration might be, but sex isn't. More and more kids are freeing themselves and taking it a little less seriously is all. Which can be a good thing.

-AC

Corran
7 dog years in a year so it's cool 102 year old stick out tongue

Silver Stardust
miffed

stick out tongue

Anyway, I just went and looked up AOC laws in the US...and amazingly, there are a LOT of states where the AOC is higher than 16...I know Illinois (where I live) is 17 and I saw quite a few where it was 18. So I guess it comes down to it being legal (since obviously it isn't universally) and them being mature enough to handle it.

Berserker
Damn, she's an old *****.

OMEGA_05
hell yeah its OK

Its not OK when the 16 year old is forced to do it but other than that its OK

fever red
It's legal here, but it's not right (I do LOADS of not-right things, but right now I'm answering YOUR question).

I don't think there's enough distance between 12 and 16, honestly, and go ask Vili Faulau how sex at 12 worked out for him...why, he's SO happy, and he found that perfect someone, don't you know. Of course, she's a manipulative predator and he's completely surrendered to her presentation of the situation, and he has no job, no higher education, is estranged from his family and has two young daughters with his rapist...
__But I'm sure those extra 4 years would have rendered him completely impervious to her manipulations. That's plenty of time to completely divest yourself of the impulsivity of childhood, AND develop a strong sense of your own needs, AND the protective ability to recognize unhealthy emotional patterns. It's not like you need to practice first with your peers! No, hop right on in with the sharks.

__Thing is, what if you're lucky enough to find an older lover who isn't a shark, who's just an ordinary joe/jane? Then you're STILL screwed, because who the hell has the wisdom, the insight, and the restraint to assume responsibility for both their own emotional/physical needs AND yours? For that matter, what sensible, rational, healthy person would want to? The Mother Teresa of romantic relationships? And WHY would you want someone nurse-maiding you like that, if you want to grow as a person?

Red X
....Protected sex yeah, Unprotected no. I lost my virginity a week after I turned 19.

eleveninches
If they're both consenting, then yeah. Why not???

peterKSL
Sex should be sacred... When they reach a certain age, their desire for sex is so tempting, that takes their mind off the consciousness of whether they are being taught or not... which could result in regret..

To me, I don't agree with a 16 year old having sex. Aged 18, would probably better.. I think the government should change the law!!!

Storm
Even if the law would get adapted, I don' t think it would influence that personal decision much.

peterKSL
Yeah.. you are right.. it's just like murder, raping, and so on...
HUMANS!!!

Ou Be Low hoo
I agree with dark1365...No older than 3 or 4...5 years old at the most.

eleveninches
Thats way too young. Anything in the double figures is fair game

whobdamandog
I'm a realist..I understand that people are going to have sex whether laws are passed or not...however..I don't think the law should enforce bad behavior..especially amongst teenagers...

I'm 19 years old..and I have to say that when I was 16...I didn't know a damb thing...when I turn 30..I'll look back on when I was 19, and think the same damb thing.....there shouldn't be laws passed to enable adults with "social" ineptness to have intercourse with minors...period..

People above the age of 20 who look for teenage children to have relationships with are pedophiles..and deserve to be treated like any other sex offender..

Alpha Centauri
"People above the age of 20 who look for children in their teens to have relationships are pedophiles..and deserved to be treated like any other sex offender.."

Silliest comment I've read on here in some time.

Of course they're not. I'm in my teens, am I a child? No. Anyone above 20 dating a teen of legal age is doing absolutely nothing wrong.

-AC

eleveninches
Well, there is a difference between what is legal and what is morally acceptable

Alpha Centauri
Morals differ between people. Laws do not.

If the girl is of legal age he's not a paedophile.

-AC

whobdamandog
I was actually referring to the younger teenage years...13-17.....I should have clarified that...however..even if its legal..it's still friggin ridiculous for someone who's been an adult for quite some time...to date an individual who's just come of age...regardless of whether the law deems it to be legal or not...

If an individual has problems relating with others from their own peer groups..then they need to see a shrink.....for someone to believe that a 16 year old can be on the same maturity level as a 30 year old makes absolutely no sense in my book.....

There's something wrong with an individual who's 20 or over...who's combing the highschools/shopping malls looking for minors to date.... This is a big world..and there are many people 20+
who are out there to socialize with...

ladygrim
i kno its not 16 =20 yr old but 18 yr old with 29 yr old having a proper realitionship do u thinkits rite

Napalm
Anything over 15 should be legal

Linkalicious
hit it. quit it. shifty

ahem....in mexico. yes

Napalm
Besides if it's consentual there isnt anything morally wrong with it

carnival_junkie
statatory rape.

the end.

yeah. had a friend. she was 14. he was 19.
they f.u.c.ked.
yeah... ew.

Silver Stardust
It's only statutory rape if one of them is under the AOC, though...which in most places is 16.

pr1983
i was 18 when i met my gf (27), we're planning to get married...

its right if both people are of legal age and it makes them happy!

carnival_junkie
true.
it's 16 or younger in most places, even if it's with consent.

Red X
Heh, Im still saving up money on part time job(The other rest of the day I go to college) for a ring stick out tongue

pr1983
i'm in the same position, but house first, ring second...

peterKSL
Damm wish I'm old enough to experience that...

Red X
Pain in the neck I tell you.

peterKSL
It probably is... but pain has already been part of my life 2 years ago...

I.. just wish to be a dad...

Silver Stardust
Peter...no offense, but you're still a kid...just give it some time, yeah?

Red X
Heh, Big responsobility. I started renting my own apartment on New Years. You gotta pay the rent, buy food, then somehow manage to save money for the ring.

peterKSL
You probably say this because you think I really have no idea do you??
I do know what it feels like..

P.S. I'm no kid.. I'm a young adult..!!! wink

pr1983
i'm emmigrating so the house gotta come first erm

KharmaDog
Actually 18 years old would legally make you a young adult. At 17 years old, plus one month, you are still a kid.

Red X
Yeah. So in all, I think you should only have sex with a girl you know, and if your 18 tops.

ericadurancefan
granted when i was twenty i slept with a girl that was 14,we were friends and stuff just happened and i dont regret it and now that i am 21 i am with a girl who is 17,we are both happy but we here about the age thing all the time

Tex
No.

Imperial_Samura
An interesting question. Here in Australia the "age of consent" is 16 (except for homosexuals, who for some reason are 18), also interesting is that the world health organisation recently stated how in the last two years case of Sexually transmitted diseases in girls as young as 14 has doubled (primarily chlamydia) though not due to contact with men older then them, but rather boys there same age.

Personally I think 16 is still a bit to young, but then I also see it appears people are growing up a lot faster and become, it appears, more sexually exploitative at younger ages. So is it wrong for a 20 year old to be with a 16 year old? It depends on the people in question, so I would give a yes and no.

manjaro
maby im just jufgemental but if a girl freely and willingly has sex at 14,15 shit like that.....she's a whore to me anyway......like those chicks who end up on the Maury show.....but all in all they re my type of whores tho

Capt_Fantastic
16 is the legal age of consent in most of the US, so go for it. Let us know how it turns out.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>