Parental interests.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alpha Centauri
A friend and I spoke about this today, with hilarious results.

My friend's dad had awesome taste in music as a kid (from what he told us) but when he hit that age and became a dad, it all went to hell.

Does anyone actually know of older parents who have actually kept their great tastes in anything? As opposed to liking Michael Bolton?

My mother likes some of the stuff I listen to, as does my father. Then they both like some shit.

-AC

Londonboy7
no cant say I do...

STYX Chick
I do, My Mom! big grin

We both like music from the late 60's - to now.

Mostly it's:
STYX
The Who
Van Halen(spelling?)
Motley Crue
Train
Brue Springsteen
Alice Cooper

And others...Can't list them all, now XD -Eats her dinner- Mmm! Fish! XD

Baylin
I'm a parent and I still have good taste in music - there's nothing quite like a bit of engelburt humperdink to set your heart racing and your blood pumping

Pleeeeease release me... let me go.... happy

oh and dont forget a little Foster and Allen to warm your cockles by the fireside! love

SlipknoT
My mom was huge Grateful Dead fan, and My dad was and still is obsessed with Led Zeppelin

STYX Chick
Led Zeppelin! droolio

furryman
My dad has a great record collection, but the record player doesn't work.

He's into Queen, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Electric Light Orchestra, Bob Dylan, Mamas and Papas, Chicago etc...

but recently he just can't be bothered and listens to chart crap on the radio

Silver Stardust
Almost everything I listen to music-wise I like because of my mom big grin I grew up listening to Nirvana, Radiohead, Weezer, and Metallica.

debbiejo
I'm a mom and I still listen to the radio..... The things with the little knobs is a radio isn't it....right???...well....oh well.....that's what my friend said...

OK then THAT'S MY OPINION AND I'M STICKEN TO IT.

Norma Jean
Gay

Really gay

Really frickin gay

debbiejo
OH...your missin out if ya don't dance with your mom.

BlackC@t
My parents have the worst taste in music, sometimes I just want to rip my ears off when they play it!

Elektra_lover
My mom listens to Cher no expression

debbiejo
My dad listens to 50"s music and my step-mom dances with Jesus.

dragonpisces272
my mom and I agree only with slow rock-ish songs...other than that, no

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.