Spiderman vs Mr.Fantastic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cooties
Who do u think will win. Please post your ideas below and support your ideas with details and examples.

Eden Unicorn
Mr. Fantastic. He's like a billion times more powerful. He'd swat Spider-man like a bug.

Cooties
I agree. Mr. Fantastic will come in avery direction with his elastic power and hit spiderman about eight times at once

whobdamandog
Hey all...this thread has already been done...

NoFate007
Spider-Man. Remember, Fantastic doesn't have spidey sense.

StrawNilla
Or superhuman strength, or speed, or jumping ability, or endurance, or reflexes, or durability, or webbing, or stronger will, etc. Unless I missed something that proved he could.

With prep time- Mr. Fantastic.

Without prep time- Spider-Man. Mr. Fantastic's never done any thing special with his streching ability, and Spidey outclasses him in everything but elasticy.

StrawNilla
Physically? Nope, that would moreso fit Spidey's description. And he's far more than a "bug."

Try an incredibly powerful, astoundingly elusive superhuman. Besides, it's not like Spidey isn't elastic himself, to an extent, certainly not on Mr. Fantastic's level, but he outclasses him in so much more ways than one that's it hard to put that advantage into play.

Cooties
Yeah but remeber Mr.Fan can grab him from afar and throw.I think

Tron
Mind making my job easier by posting it, cause I sure as hell can't find it, lol?

StrawNilla
Not if Spidey puts on the speed. Remember, Mr. Fan doesn't even have enhanced strength, speed, or endurance....as well as an assortment of abilities Spidey has in SUPERHUMAN abundance.

For Mr. Fan to throw Spidey, he must first grab him, which m emans he would have to touch him....and how's he going to do that without being faster than the spider sense or Spidey for that matter?

Cooties
Even though that is true Mr.Fan is a rocket scientist and would probably make a trap for spidey.Even if Spidey was faster he would not be able to touch mr.Fan if he keeps on changing his form(paper,ball, parachute,spring for jumping high, and trappilon,

who?-kid
Reed possesses superhuman strength, but I'm not sure how much he can lift (at least one ton, probably more).

It would be a cool fight though, but Spider-Man wins.

Zahit
I actually cannot see anyone winning this. For Reed to win, he'd have
to physically envelope Spidey.....but he'd have to catch him first.
And honestly, what the hell is Spidey gonna do to a mass of elasticity.
Reed's smarter, but Spidey's cunning and has spider-sense.
I honestly think this fight's a draw. There's really nothing they can
do to each other if you think about it.
They'd stop fighting and sit down for some tea and a chat about the
practical applications of quantum physics and why Johnny's such a dork...

p.s. - Reed does not have superhuman strength. He can simulate it,
however, by shifting his mass to certain portions of his body. With a
brain like Reed's, he's a baddass no matter what power he has or hasn't.

who?-kid
Yes he has, he gave a serious uppercut to Onslaught, you have to be pretty strong to do that. And also on other occasions I've seen him lift things or people (like for example lifting the Hulk and other people with one hand without the slightest trouble).

JWangSDC
Mr Fantastic is FREAKIN DIESEL. How's spiderman going to even hurt him?

Spidey's pretty powerful though...I donno, I think it'd be some kind of a draw or some win due to technicality

Cooties
Maybe.But Reed does have a advantage for he cannot get hurt by any of Spiderman's attacks and he could change his shape making even harder to hit.

StrawNilla
There are simple solutions to those scenarios.

Trap-Spider sense warns Spidey beforehand, he avoids that area, immobilzes Mr. Fan with webbing before he can change shape, or simply bumrushes him for a KO victory.

Changing form (parachute)-Before Mr Fan,. catches the right air current to lift him off the ground, Spidey rushes him. Or, if Mr. Fan just so happens to catch that paritcular air current, Spidey leaps up after him before he can get too high, gets his grip before Fan can squirm away, and wraps him up into the form of a rolling pin. He can then secure him in that position with webbing around the center.

Changing form (paper)-Spidey could jump up onto Mr. Fan's back before he gets too far off and treadmill walk (or run, whatever suits the situation) his way to the head and backhand him into a concussion.

Changing form (ball)-Spidey webs him from behind (before he can roll away) yanks him back into his arms, and throws him onto the ground with enough strength to knock him out (or if the situation calls for it) a couple broken bones or death.

Changing form (spring)-What comes up must come down. So, Spidey could just stand in the spot where Mr. Fan would land, catch him, fet his grip, and when the part of Mr. Fan's body that isn't clasped springs up, Spidey sling him hard into the ground......victory via knockout.

Changing form (trapillion?)-Okay, you got me, I don't even know what a trapilllion is. smile

StrawNilla
If this means that Spidey can't physically harm him if he goes into paper mode or something like that...then I take back my earlier examples.

If not, Spidey wins.

StrawNilla
EDIT: (Meant to add to original post)

There's still the speedblitz Spidey could deliver at the starting bell before Mr. Fan can take a form in which Spidey couldn't hurt him.

Ketchuptome
U got me man.But reedWould just turn tall and with those big ass hands Spidey could not dodge those.Reed just has to snap his neck or throw him afar

StrawNilla
At the starting bell? Makes sense. It would be hard for Reed to snap his neck though, he'd better take a really dense form for a job like that.....a REALLY dense form.

MERCILOUS
Spidey does not posses enough physical strength to actually hurt Reed. Reed said Namor doesn't have enought strength, so how is Spidey gonna do anything. It's just a matter of time before Reed wins.

who?-kid
Did you forget Wolverine beat up mr. Fantastic once ? He kicked him a black eye. If Wolverine can do that, Spider-Man can do it too.

MERCILOUS
Hmmm, well then one of the two stories was PIS. I don't know which one so...

...unless, it was some sort of sucker punch and Reed didn't have time to prepare for it by stretching or something, in which case, this being a fair fight, my statement still stands.

who?-kid
It was in X-Men vs FF, a not bad comic book with some great and (cough cough) "realistic" fights in it.

hex
in the origonal spider man series he beet mr fan invisable woman thing and torch all at once and hes improved dramaticaly since then.

hex
spider man also has quik wits and could tangle him together.

StrawNilla
I remember that issue, he tossed the Thing over his head and, if memeory serves me corrctly, KO'ed Reed (though I could be wrong).

And Spidey has held the edge over Namor for extended periods of time more than once. He even cracked some jokes as he did so.

StrawNilla
I don't want to start a flaming period when I say this, but, Spidey blitzing Reed before he can stretch out beyond the point where Spidey could cause him any physical harm isn't fair?

Even if you do not find it so, I say it's a pretty productive and cunning combat method, or fair enough.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.