The Hand That Feeds by Nine Inch Nails

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alpha Centauri
This is the first single off the new album so I figured I wasn't hearing anything unintended (which I dislike doing).

http://www.lifelessface.net/other/thtf_high.mp3

Personally? Has some ok parts but sounds horrible overall if you ask me.

Not gonna judge the album though.

-AC

Deathblow
Sounds like it's been taken straight off of The Fragile. Still it's not bad, fast and catchy at least. I'm not too bothered by it, Trent released fairly unimpressive first singles for both Pretty Hate Machine and The Fragile, which both turned out great.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah, people are raving about it. I expressed my dislike for it but not gonna judge the album on it. What if he had released something like Even Deeper as a first single? Probably would have felt the same.

The Line Begins To Blur is also on the net somewhere. Haven't heard that one coz it's not intended to be heard yet but everyone is saying it's just boring and stuff. Happened with Radiohead when they went in a new direction so can't always be sure.

Gonna be interesting.

-AC

furryman
Again, I'm not gonna judge the album by this single, It's probably just more marketable, being catchy and all... I can imagine this at a rave
Reminds me of something but I can't put my finger on it

Df02
yea it reminds me of sumthing aswell confused
very VERY catchy song... not sure if thats a good thing, and would be disappointed if the whole album went down the catchy route. but its ok for what it is thumb up

i know Alec Empire is releasing a 'more accessible' album aswell, with alot of heavy guitar... so would be very disappointing year if both releases comprimised quality for catchiness sad

EDIT: ****, just remembered what it reminds me of lol...that Girls Aloud song!

Alpha Centauri
No DF NO!

Not THEM!

-AC

Deathblow
That's good news!

I found most of Intelligence & Sacrifice (well, the disk I like) to be pretty accessible, and it was still excellent.

Df02
yea i know, that was a very good album...CD1 u mean lol. CD2 is more experimental.

but yea, knowing him it wont just be guitars tho. and Nic Endo will be layering it with noise no doubt thumb up

Df02
honestly, listen to it...i cant remember the name, but theres a Girls Aloud song thats on the radio alot which has the exact same song structure, and the sound is painfully similar aswell confused

Silver Stardust
Ahh damnit, I'm at school, I'll have to wait until I get home to listen to it...

Napalm
Nine inch nails is such a retarded band.

Df02
get the **** off my forum lol....

but seriously, prepare to be flamed mate

Silver Stardust
Oh man, Napalm, did you just make a mistake with that post.

Darth Revan
Kinda like you?

Df02
nah, cos 1 is actually retarded, the other isnt....think 99% of ppl on this thread know which is which

Darth Revan
Well, yeah, the idea was to point out that a retarded person has no right to be pointing out other people's retardedness, especially when it is nonexistant. wink stick out tongue

Silver Stardust
laughing

furryman
I think it reminds me of a song by Goldfrapp *strokes chin*
edit: Strict Machine it be called

mainly because the opening second of that clip sounds so similar to Alison singing "I'm in love" blink

luckily I haven't heard the Girls Aloud song in question

eggmayo
For some reason that just comes up with a white screen...

furryman
try right-click-saving

eggmayo
but its just a white screen with no links...

Darth Revan
Do you have the correct plug-ins? detective

Silver Stardust
Right-click the link in the first post and choose "Save Target As" or "Save Link As". Then it'll work.

Napalm
Rod Zombie would open up a can of whoop @$$ on um

eggmayo
Yeah, that worked... thanks.

Deathblow
On who Trent Reznor?

Don't be an eeediot, Rob Zombie is a creative retard compared to Reznor.

Df02
Trent > Alec > Rob

based on creativity and personal opinion obviously wink

Napalm
I bet do differ

Deathblow
Nah it's pretty much a fact. Even if I didn't like NIN I'd say the same.

I like Rob Zombie and all, but he's at heart just a shock rocker. There's no real depth in there. Comparing the two is like comparing NWA to Cunninlynguists or Reel Big Fish to The Clash. The difference is huge and undeniable.

eggmayo
You mean I beg to differ?

Napalm
Living dead girl me22

Silver Stardust
Isn't that great a song.

Df02
that song is shit compared to the majority of NiN songs lol

Darth Revan
I actually like Rob Zombie, but Deathblow is right. Rob Zombie is the kind of music that makes you want to smash things... He's fun to listen to on occasion but I couldn't sit down and just listen to one of his albums straight through without getting bored. NIN I could.

Alpha Centauri
Rob Zombie couldn't make an NIN album. Trent Reznor could make a Rob Zombie album.

-AC

StinkFist462
i like RZ but it does get boring REAL fast

StinkFist462
i dont like this song ... its not ... Nine Inch Nails .... its different , like unrecognizable

furryman
has anyone head Goldfrapp's Strict Machine?... rotate with this

swell
The single is merely OK while TLBTB is really, really good.

j.

StinkFist462
where can i listen to it ?

Alpha Centauri
On the album, when it comes out.

-AC

furryman
ditto that, i just downloaded it.

Alpha Centauri
Why though?

Trent intended THTF to be heard separate coz it's a single. TLTB isn't meant to be heard yet. Just wait.

-AC

furryman
cause i'm a download whore embarrasment

Alpha Centauri
I don't mind downloading the singles, I don't even do that in most cases, but I always wait to hear the original work as it was intended to be heard.

-AC

furryman
holy shite no expression new N.I.N. England dates
Brixton, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow

I wasn't subscribed to the newsletter, but after the Astoria went to mailing list and sold out, I did. But there aint no preorder link to Brixton cry can't miss this chance

Ronny
eek! very cool

i have it stuck in my head now happy

Alpha Centauri
There is a preorder link. It's the same one for the Manchester dates. The Seetickets one.

-AC

Ronny
Darn, the link went 404 on me blink

Napalm
Yeah a Rob Zombie CD and a sledge hammer is a good way to go

Alpha Centauri
I'll be hearing loads of the songs before they come out. Month in advance.

-AC

StinkFist462
isnt there a Halo 18 The Hand That Feeds EP coming out ?

furryman
for me that just comes up with details of the Astoria dates blink

Alpha Centauri
Halo 18 is With Teeth I think.

The link becomes active when the tickets go on sale.

-AC

furryman
oh right, it's the 27th, I could have sworn that was yesterday. How foollish of me

Alpha Centauri
That's just presales though.

-AC

StinkFist462
Halo 18 is The Hand that Feeds
Halo 19 is With Teeth

im just wondering when 18 is coming out

furryman
yup yup, weds 1st publicly

bring it on
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/adamania/newnails2.jpg

Alpha Centauri
Couldn't care less what he looks like but he does look extremely Emo in that pic.

-AC

StinkFist462
lmao if this thread didnt have NIN in the title . 90% of the people who saw that pic would think it was a new MTV emo band

Ronny
droolio Trent...

Ronny
LOOKIE WHAT I DID eek!

Alpha Centauri
Oh, it's Trent all chained up and blindfolded.

You ladies and your bondage.

-AC

Ronny
whistle

Alpha Centauri
There's allegedly ANOTHER leaked song.

Makes me sick, truly. The disrespect some people show to a guy they allegedly love.

-AC

Darth Revan
Cute, I love how you completely ignored the rest of my post that wasn't complimenting RZ.

furryman
guess who just finally ordered tix
party09 groovy

Alpha Centauri
I'm seeing them I'm almost 31 days.

-AC

furryman
in*

over 4 months for me!

Dr. Strangelove
I'm so late to this thread.embarrasment

Anyways, liked the song, it's not great but it's very catchy. The main problem with it was the ending as it felt unfinished.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.