Alice in Chains tsunami benefit concert.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alpha Centauri
As some of you may know, the surviving members of Alice in Chains (Jerry Cantrell-Guitars, Mike Inez-Bass, Sean Kinney-Drums) played a benefit concert for the tsunami relief aid. They were joined in reinventing old 'Chains songs by such singers as Wes (I know, I can't believe it either) Scantlin of Puddle of Mudd, Patrick Lachman of Damageplan, Ann Wilson of Heart and Maynard James Keenan of Tool.

Lachman did an acoustic set which included classics such as Down in a Hole and Rooster. While the other setlist looked like this:

01. It Ain't Like That (w/ Lachman)
02. Again (w/ Lachman and Wes Scantlin from PUDDLE OF MUDD)
03. Would (w/ Scantlin)
04. Angry Chair (w/ Scantlin)
05. Them Bones (w/ Maynard James Keenan from TOOL and A PERFECT CIRCLE)
06. Man In The Box (w/ Keenan)
07. Rooster (w/ Lachman, Wilson, Keenan and Scantlin)

I think you can get the MP3s somewhere, so they say on soundnova anyway.

-AC

Alice_In_Chains
wes is a f*cking garrrrrr
i heard about thm doing something...but with f*cking Wes? come on!!!!
jerry should b ashamed of himselfwink

Darth Revan
I thought the singer of Damageplan got killed by the guy who shot Dimebag...? confused Guess I was wrong.

Silver Stardust
No...Dimebag, one of the members of their security team, and audience members died, no one else in the band did.

I heard about this on the radio the other night...I'd very much like to hear the songs done with Maynard yes why did they have Wes though?!

eggmayo
Dimebag was the only band member to die.

Deathblow
I've met Wes Scantlin, and as much as I hate to admit it, he was a pretty cool guy pinch

Seriously bad singer though, one of the worst Kurt Cobain immitators around, and that's saying something. I'm sure Layne was rolling in his grave.

Maynard doing Them Bones, now that I would like to hear.

StinkFist462
Man in the Box with Maynard .. man i gotta hear this

Silver Stardust
Definitely.

Fearnix
jerry is ****ing awesome

bassist101
those are some great songs i have them i will post them on purevolume.com under irupt if you want to check them out they should be up at 9 tonight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.