The question or the answer?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ragesRemorse
What is more important, the question that drives you or the answer that gives you resolve?

debbiejo
Oh my Gosh...I have to know.!!....And like I've been told a million times.
curiosity kills the cat.

Know what? I did lose a job because of it.

Storm
To me, the question and the search for the answer.

Filth
The question is more important as you have the means to gain the answer and you can lear a lot from this, with just an answer you have nothing.

peterKSL
To acknowledge things, sometimes, they can come in both ways.. a question may be enough without an answer... and an answer can be enough without a question...

It all depends on the individual when it comes to which is more important... To me, I like to consider things, rather than things that are already being simplified... Sometimes, an answer may resolute in a question, and that's why I won't choose either, but to choose one that needs time to consider...

XIA
There is no point in an answer if nobody cares for the question asked.

Dexx
it's the question that drives us, neo wink
can't say i disagree

ragesRemorse
I see the question is more important to many people. Let me ask this though, doesnt the answer give the journey of asking justification? I personally believe the answer is more important, aside from those questions you dont really want the answer to in the first place. My friends and i have had many conversations about this. I know Philosophy in general is merely asking or suggestion, but i see the two like a piece of music. Pachelbels question was What is music? His answer was canon in D major.

Jackie Malfoy
Yea I argee with that.It has to be the question and the search for the answear that gets me intereted.However sometimes the question in my case is never answeared and that makes me mad.JM mad

meiwaku
Would this be philosophy specific? I assume. I find with philosophy it's a whole lot of questioning and not much answering. And what conclusions you do come to are more speculative than definite answers. You may think you've found the answer but then someone can start it all over again with another question.

I believe the question is more important than the answer. Questions spark discussions and thinking, they help you to form an opinion. It's human nature to need to know the answers, yet if we knew all the answers life would be pretty boring.

Reborn Again
Neither. The journey is always the reward even if an answer to a question is never resolved.

debbiejo
Wow...that's deep. Are you a Budist?

Reborn Again
No. But it's the absolute truth!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.