Saturday or Sunday?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gryn Jabar
Which is the true sabbath day, as set by God in the book of Genesis?

big gay kirk
According to my friend David the Rabbi.... from sunset on Friday, to sunset on Saturday is the Sabbath given by God.... however, there are also seven (or eight) yearly Sabbaths which may fall on any day of the week....

debbiejo
of cource t's the
Sabbath Saturday...it was never chanced......Only by the chuch...

Is the churches words bettaer than the word of God.

finti
yeah cause the word of the church we know for a fact is set by the church, the word of god is just a what people believe

Bardock42
NO actually the question should be, is an old crappy book better or a church founded mainly on that old crappy book by eople that are child molesters?

Clovie
for Judes it's saturday
Christians have sunday, due to some other stuff erm

debbiejo
Then should a mere man (pope) have the right to change it from Saturday to Sunday? Changing the 4th commandment that was written in stone.

finti
sabbath means to rest from labour not Saturday, so one can chose whatever day you want for resting day

debbiejo
Still the day was changed about 325 a.d. to Sunday by Constitine.

The early church always kept the Sabbath. In the NT everyone kept the Sabbath. The change was never made by God.

finti
perhaps because there is no god

debbiejo
No..The Popes see themselves as god on earth. They feel that God has given them the authority to be Christ on earth.

finti
not worse than any other claiming to be divine

debbiejo
Can anyone find the verse(s) that changed the Sabbath(Saturday) to Sunday?? God blessed the 7th day and made it Holy, not the first day.

Julie
I don't think it matters...the sabbath or seventh day, as a day of rest really has nothing to do with the day of the week...it's the principle of the matter

debbiejo
So, we should only follow 9 of the 10 Commandments?

King Burger
Originally posted by finti
sabbath means to rest from labour not Saturday, so one can chose whatever day you want for resting day

Actually, "sabbath" is a semitic word for "seven", as in the
seventh day (saturday), though it may have other meanings
or roots as well.

So saturday is technically the sabbath. God said to rest on
the sabbath, and sabbath is the seventh day, which is
saturday (surprisingly, alot of people don't know that
sunday, not monday, is the first day of the week).

Reborn Again
The sabbath day for me is whenever I get a day off from work, and that doesn't happen very often.

debbiejo
If a person believed that you should keep all the 10 commandments, then are you sinning if you only keep 9?

finti
yes

debbiejo
I agree. sad

If you throw one of them out, then what's to stop you from throwing the rest out?

Evil Dead
I don't believe a calender would have anything to do with it. Calenders and days were made by man. I doubt a god would adhere to it. I believe it would simply mean to rest one day every seven days, no matter which day you started counting on. If you start working on a Wednesday, the following Wednesday is your Sabbath.

CosmicSurfer
Originally posted by debbiejo
of cource t's the
Sabbath Saturday...it was never chanced......Only by the chuch...

Is the churches words bettaer than the word of God.

Well according to Christianity, Mary Magdalene was the first to discover Jesus's tomb to be empty with the stone missing on Sunday. This is the reason why Sunday is the Sabbath day for Christians.

debbiejo
I understand, but no where in scripture is a major commandment changed...And officially by Constantine in 324, I think....Find me one verse that states the change was made.

feralboy
saturday is the day not sunday. in saturday the word sat meaning to rest.

finti
the word Saturday comes from the old version of the day which was Saturn`s day from the pagan 7 day calander (a calander that came way before the judo christian one)which had one day for each known planet(five at that time) + one for the sun and one for the moon

Wonderer
finti, you seem to have a lot of knowledge. What would you say is the meaning of a 'day of rest' when one is an atheist like myself?

finti
for an atheist it would mean do whatever you feel like doing that day

debbiejo
Originally posted by Wonderer
finti, you seem to have a lot of knowledge. What would you say is the meaning of a 'day of rest' when one is an atheist like myself?

We were talking about the day of rest as mentioned in the Bible...If you follow what is written that's one thing or possibly another... but if your an atheist to you either way it shouldn't matter.

gp christ loves
it does not matter what day of the week it matter that you uphold gods command and keep a sabbath day or a holly day set aside

debbiejo
Originally posted by gp christ loves
it does not matter what day of the week it matter that you uphold gods command and keep a sabbath day or a holly day set aside

What scripture is that found in?....The one that says..It doesn't matter what day...just curious..

finti
the agnostoc atheist bible

debbiejo
What section is that in????? roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing out loud ...I'd love to get it at the bookstore....

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by gp christ loves

I keep every day holly; being a Buddhist, I chant and perform Gongyo every morning and every evening. I other words, I pray and read my holly book twice a day, every day.

In case you want to know more about Gongyo:

http://www.sgi-usa.org/buddhism/library/Nichiren/Gongyo/

debbiejo
Why is eveybody keeping holly?.....Let her go home....

Shakyamunison
Why is eveybody keeping holly?.....Let her go home....

But I like holly, she's niiiiceeee.

sonnet
Then should a mere man (pope) have the right to change it from Saturday to Sunday? Changing the 4th commandment that was written in stone.
That is why we should not just accept everything the church and the pope says, but compare it to what the word of God says and if it is different, then follow God's instruction.

finti
who said anything about accepting what the churches and a clergy man says? Its like do I ever

debbiejo
Originally posted by sonnet
That is why we should not just accept everything the church and the pope says, but compare it to what the word of God says and if it is different, then follow God's instruction.

Well, if you're gonna follow scripture, then you should follow all of it....True?

Shakyamunison
Well, if you're gonna follow scripture, then you should follow all of it....True?

NO! the spirit will guide you to where you need to read and what not to read. In other words, do as I say, not as I do.

finti
so some parts are just a waste then

debbiejo
Who's talking to you? laughing out loud I'm talking about people that say "We base on scripture and scripture alone." SOLA SCRIPTURA....

Shakyamunison

They are there to deceive the week. laughing

There's nothing you can do, they have every logical loop hole plugged with dogma.

finti
yeah god works in mysterious way seem to be that fav

debbiejo
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
They are there to deceive the week. laughing

Which day of the WEEK is it that we are to be deceived by?

Yeah, the Bible wasn't cut and pasted to good...wonder if the Koran is the same way?

Shakyamunison
Which day of the WEEK is it that we are to be deceived by?

Yeah, the Bible wasn't cut and pasted to good...wonder if the Koran is the same way?

Are you making fun of my speeling? eek!

laughing

debbiejo
NO...I was really really trying to take it literally..... wink roll eyes (sarcastic) confused

Shakyamunison
NO...I was really really trying to take it literally..... wink roll eyes (sarcastic) confused

Sure you are, mad

I'm not really mad, I just like the look of that guy, makes me laugh.

Shakyamunison

HOW DARE YOU TALK THAT WAY ABOUT THE WORD OF GOD...laughing

Ya, I guess you are right. Some religion only hand out the new testament.

svnthdysthsbbth
Looking at the creation week in the book of Genesis, it is quite clear that God made 7days and only rested on the 7th day after working the first six, as a sign and written as example for his children and all of creation to do as did. Jesus Christ kept the 7th day Sabbath and the apostles kept it after his ascension. I would think that while Jesus and apostles was with us, they would have told of a change to any other day of the week.

If any of the Law could have been changed, why wouldn't have God made that change to a Law written in stone, before sending his son to die. If that change could have been made, he wouldn't have had to die for all of humanity.

Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Come Lord, Jesus

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by svnthdysthsbbth
Looking at the creation week in the book of Genesis, it is quite clear that God made 7days and only rested on the 7th day after working the first six, as a sign and written as example for his children and all of creation to do as did. Jesus Christ kept the 7th day Sabbath and the apostles kept it after his ascension. I would think that while Jesus and apostles was with us, they would have told of a change to any other day of the week.

If any of the Law could have been changed, why wouldn't have God made that change to a Law written in stone, before sending his son to die. If that change could have been made, he wouldn't have had to die for all of humanity.

Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Come Lord, Jesus

But didn't you know that an evil pope changed the day?

svnthdysthsbbth
Not God's Holy Sabbath, because it is impossible, because they are written in stone! The Word speaks of those who keep laws according to laws of men, which are in vain.

Matthew 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Shakyamunison
Not God's Holy Sabbath, because it is impossible, because they are written in stone! The Word speaks of those who keep laws according to laws of men, which are in vain.

Matthew 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Pope Gregory changed the calendar. Who knows what day Sunday really should be on.

svnthdysthsbbth
The 7day week cycle, has never changed, people have always known that the evening that the morning were another day, since the beginning of time.

svnthdysthsbbth
Try to deny a day! LOL!

Maybe if your drunk, you could deny a day, but, everyone else would know. LOL!

Shakyamunison
The 7day week cycle, has never changed, people have always known that the evening that the morning were another day, since the beginning of time.

No, the entire calendar was changed, look it up. That is why we call it the Gregorian calendar.

http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/astronomy/GregorianCalendar.html

Shakyamunison
Try to deny a day! LOL!

Maybe if your drunk, you could deny a day, but, everyone else would know. LOL!

It works like this; you are the leader of the world and god talks through you, the pope. You say next Monday will be Tuesday and then the weeks would return to normal. Now everyone was worshiping on the right day Sunday, but next week they will be worshiping on Sunday that fell on Saturday and then be working on Sunday that they think is Monday. If any one complains you cut their head off.

svnthdysthsbbth
The people still know which day has been given that name. 1-7 will allways remain, no matter what day they call it.

Shakyamunison
The people still know which day has been given that name. 1-7 will allways remain, no matter what day they call it.

Then what day of the week is it. It's not Sunday.

debbiejo

SOLA SCRIPTURA....So bunny...do you follow all the OT scriptures as well?...Do you eat pork....do you mix linen with wool?...Do you wear a head covering...????

Shakyamunison

laughing laughing out loud I was just told that we are agreeing on the same side. You see Saturday is Sunday because it got changed, and the old Sunday is the holy day, the end of the week. Now everyone upholds Sunday the beginning of the week that used to be Monday. However, everyday is sacred and I could be wrong cause it really doesn't matter that much to me. laughing

debbiejo
though if you dig further, you'll find that it's Saturnalia day....based on Saturn.

finti
we have had 4 and 10 days weeks too in our ancient past, they avvoided 7 days weeks cause 7days week was an unlcucky number
explain way a week is actually 7,383 days then strange for a perfect being being unable to crete a perfect week

debbiejo

explain way a week is actually 7,383 days then strange for a perfect being being unable to crete a perfect week

Well Zeus always had his mind on other things....Naughty Zeus...

ghafm
God said that after creating everything he would rest the seventh day and stated that he made it the sabbath day. The calendar never changed, Sunday is the first day of the week and the last day is Saturday or The Sabbath Day. The pope changed it and caused confusion. People shouldn't trust the pope because he is just a idol he is supposed to preach the word of god truth fully with no change. The All Seeing Eye can be viewed in many Orthodox churches as well as the skull and bones symbol. So you can't trust the Orthodox as well.

Follow this link: http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Russian_Orthodox/ro_08.htm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.