Hmmm... NIN? Electronica?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ronny
Okies so i was putting Downward spiral into my itunes like just now and i looked at the info and poo and in genre it says electronica/Dance blink... i never really thought that Nine inch nails could be considered electronica/Dance...

... thoughts?

Norma Jean
Industrial.

Norma Jean
MAYBE some of their stuff could barely get by as electronica, but not much.

eggmayo
Well, HMV class Berserker as Techno.

Alpha Centauri
I class NIN as Rock, maybe Metal.

I don't think they've/he's been industrial solely since Pretty Hate Machine.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Of the iTunes genres, electronica is the most appropriate I think.

Ronny
blink how strange... i always thought of it as metal yes

Afro Cheese
It has a dance vibe to it but it certainly isn't typical dance music.

Ronny
messed thats what im thinking....

Darth Revan
iTunes is just stupid when it comes to genres, it has like three names for hip hop, for example... Mine put In Flames under rock instead of metal, and Incubus has songs in rock, alternative, and metal.

Ronny
blink hmmm...

what would Rage fall under?

Darth Revan
My iTunes puts them under metal, rock, alternative, and soundtrack. smile

Of the iTunes genres though, I'd say alternative.

Ronny
ah, thankies Nivek stick out tongue

BackFire
Shitty.

Victor Von Doom
Alternative is way too wide. Seems like silly name as well. It's like the 'other' box on an application form.

Darth Revan
I agree, but I did say of the iTunes genres, of which there are not very many.

Deathblow
Yeah, alternative essentially means everything that doesn't get shoved in our faces via MTV and the singles charts.

I've always thought of NIN as industrial, although Acey's right in saying Trent hasn't made a purely industrial album since PHM. Broken is metal, TDS and The Fragile have industrial, rock, metal & semi-techno parts, and stuff like Fixed is just experimental noise. Electronica is far too vague as well, it's basically a net phrase covering all electronic music.

Nine Inch Nails are just Nine Inch Nails. Forget iTunes, I mean according to them, My Bloody Valentine are punk.

Victor Von Doom
Yeah Electronica is really vague, I just think it's the most appropriate of the available. Not to mention I already have too much in the alternative genre.

furryman
I have MBV under Noise and NIN under Industrial
harhar go SonicStage

Silver Stardust
iTunes put "Talk Shows on Mute" by Incubus under Blues for me blink laughing I just ignore wtf that program says for genres.

Alpha Centauri
I wonder what Vic would class his Village People records as.

"Good" probably.

-AC

Silver Stardust
Do you two just live to pick on each other stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
No, he ridicules me every single chance he gets, as you notice.

I just make futile attempts in return.

He really is a shit.

-AC

Deathblow
Beef eek!

Victor Von Doom
You're getting his juices flowing now.

Alpha Centauri
Oh for crying out loud.

Can't you just diss me without trying to imply that I'm homosexual you rampant pork inhaler?

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.