Sauron vs. Saruman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sicky666
After waiting years for ROTK, I expected to see at least this scene, but it wasn't there. There was no battle Sauron vs. Saruman, and to be honest I do not really like ROTK, maybe that is because of this.
The head-subject is Sauron, but we only see him one time in FOTR on the beginning, I expected and specially waited for this scene, which did not came.
I am wondering if more people see this as a negative point of LOTR???

The Inkeeper
We see him once because he doesnt really have a body in the other ones erm

Saruman would not face Sauron unless saruman was in possesion of the ring.

fini
Looks like someone is too lazy to read the BOOK!

Sauron cant fight anyone cause he has no BODY, no physical form. And besides Saruman is NOTHING compared to Sauron.

Suzuka
Uh...as Fini said, it's not in the book, therefore I didn't think it needed to be in there. Besides, Sauron would win.

Exabyte

shaber
Saruman could not have hoped to take on Sauron with any degree of success.

Exabyte
If, like Thauron said, he would have found the Ring first, he probably could have, at least that's what Saruman himself believed

The Inkeeper
Saruman and Sauron are basically the same type of creature. Saruman could probably give Sauron a run for his money if he remained Saruman the white, i think saruman was seriously weakened by the palantir sessions because sauron showed saruman, as with denethor, there is no victory against mordor.
So saruman went slightly insane, went looking for the ring and lied to Sauron, because he thought that was the only way to beat him.

Also in Bakshi's film, when Gandalf convinces Saruman he cannot keep the ring if he got it and sauron would take it, then Saruman replies 'at least then he will know who his faithful servants are' happy

Andddddd in unfinished tales, when a part of the power of the saurons will is shown when the Nazgul arrive at Isengard, this terrifies poor Saruman and he does actually go to Gandalf for forgiveness, but gandalf has escaped

Sicky666
I'm looking at this from a realistic point of view, entities (with no form) can attack living beings (like Abdul Ben-Martu was attacked on a public squire in Jerusalem by an INVISIBLE creature), and we kneel for Sauron, I know.

The Inkeeper
Sicky, the words 'realistic' and 'invisible entities can attack living beings' do not belong in the same sentence.

Shaber, yes he could. But for some reason he was forbidden, which begs the question why even bother?

Exa, Saruman proved many times he was not an idiot.

Fini- you have far too much pent up anger, your posts seem highly hostile no expression btw- Saruman obviously is something compared to sauron, otherwise he would not be the head of the group sent to oppose him.

Exabyte
He may have been a brainy nerd, but his underestimation of the Ring's and Sauron's powers do prove that he's an idiot... or has perception disorders.

The Inkeeper
He does not underestimate the ring or saurons powers, he knows he needs the ring to get what he wants, and he knows if sauron found out he would fail--- that is why he constantly lies to sauron.

How could sombody whos whole purpose of being on middle earth is to help defeat Sauron underestimate him? Saruman has been around since the start, and has seen what sauron has done throughout the ages.

Exabyte
Exactly, and he still hasnt learned from it. That is idiotic.

If he hadn't seen it, ok, then I could call him naive. But as he did... idiot.

The Inkeeper
ok, ok... hes an idiot. Sorry.

Julie
sauron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.