Cannibal Films

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PRO-PAIN
Anyone here seen any of the Cannibal films?

Example, Cannibal Holocaust, Cannibal Ferox, Jungle Holocaust, Cannibal Man, etc, etc, etc..

Personally I think Cannibal Holocaust is the best out of the bunch, though Jungle Holocaust is pretty good also.

Discuss

Azrael01
I saw Cannibal Holocaust and Cannibal Ferox I thought Cannibal Holocaust was definetly the best more realistic and such. Is Jungle Holocaust worth seeing

PRO-PAIN
Yeah Jungle Holocaust is def. worth a viewing...

I bought the Anchor Bay release of it a few months ago and it comes with ten pretty cool lobby cards.

dean7879
i enjoyed cannibal apocalypse with the great john saxon
cannibal ferox and holocaust are good too
and the hills have eyes is one of my fav cannibal movies

BackFire
Cannibal Holocaust is the quinessential cannibal film, it was the original and all of the others merely try to copy it.

nancy_englund
biker zombie chick from mars.
over.

dean7879
hardly a cannibal film

mr-savonty
I Enjoyed "Cannibal" directed by Ruggero Deodato, but my fav's gotta be ferox, apocalypse close behind and cannibal man ay that bad but got boring IMO, try and stay clear of cannibal terror...rubbish IMO and also don't watch cannibals with al cliver ("zombie flesh eaters" played brian) quite bad.

dean7879
you will have to borrow me ''cannibal'' lee

mr-savonty
yeah will do, aka jungle holocaust btw

ragesRemorse
Just rented jungle holocaust from netflix. After seeing cannibal holocaust , jungle was kind of boring.

BREN
backfire ur sorta right m8 cannibal holocaust is the best but not the first
holocaust was 1980 but deodato also made cannibal in 1977 so that was really the first,lenzi freely admitted he tried to out cannibal cannibal holocaust and in the gore stakes id say he managed ,e.g the chopping off the penis hanging women by breasts,jess francos cannibals on the other hand with al cliver is a total lamer of a movie by the way jungle holocaust aint francos cannibals,its deodatos cannibal(1977) smile

BackFire
I've never bothered seeing Jungle Holocaust, I know it was made before Cannibal Holocaust, but I've heard nothing but bad things so I don't really consider it anything worthy of comparison.

CH was the first, true, successful cannibal film, the epitome of the sub-genre.

Ferox, while being more gory, was far less effective in it's use of gore. Much of it was over the top and silly, where as holocaust was grounded and extremely believable. Plus, it still totally own ferox when it comes to the animal death scenes, way more effective in Holocaust. It seems like Ferox had this "me too" thing about it where it just threw in some random animals being killed just to try to compete, and it failed miserably.

Also, lets not forget that Holocaust had a castration scene as well, and it was far far more realistic then the elastic gummy dick that was used in ferox.

dean7879
they was real animal deaths in cannibal holocaust i think
i also read that the director had to go to cort and prove the actors wasnt really dead...because the death scenes in the film were so realistic

BackFire
Yes, they were real animal deaths in both holocaust and ferox.

WindDancer
I like Ferox and Holocaust a lot. But the one that appeals to me more is Cannibal Apocalypse. Mostly because of the Vietnam war veteran story and also because it borrows the element of infection from zombie movies. You get bitten you become a Cannibal. Pretty good twist on the cannibal genre.

tabby999
Ravenous isn't bad, nowhere near as gory but still first rate

ZephroCarnelian
Ravenous is a fantastic film - it's more of a tongue in cheek, thinking person's canibal film, rather than a gore fest lol!

Azrael01
cannibal the musical
just kidding that movie was bad

SlipknoT
What are they about?

romper_stomper
yeah ravenous is really good,,but cannibal apocalypse is my fave,have yet to see cannibal holocaust but it sounds damn good

MortalPlague
I wouldn't mind checking out a cannibal flick or two, but all this talk of castration scenes has me a little wary. Is this a staple shot for cannibal films? confused Or is it just a notable shot from the two mentioned?

romper_stomper
cannibal apocalypse doesnt have a castration scene,but then again it is rather tame compared to ferox or holocaust

romper_stomper
what is the re-watch value on cannibal holocaust?? is it a film you want to see more then once

papabeard
Avoid Mountain of the Cannibal God its rerally bad and Cannibal Holocaust 2 as it contains no cannibalism whatsoever.

ladygrim
cannibal films are sick

papabeard
Yeah good re-watchability rating for Cannibal Holocaust, one of my all time favourites.

Impediment
Ravenous is more of a psychological cannibal film. Violent, yes, but not nearly as gory as others. Still a very good flick, one that I own as a matter of fact. "Holocaust" is definately the standard of cannibal films, in my opinion.

Freaky Zeeky
Originally posted by PRO-PAIN
Anyone here seen any of the Cannibal films?

Example, Cannibal Holocaust, Cannibal Ferox, Jungle Holocaust, Cannibal Man, etc, etc, etc..

Personally I think Cannibal Holocaust is the best out of the bunch, though Jungle Holocaust is pretty good also.

Discuss

Are Zombie movies considered cannibal movies as well?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.